All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

papabear
Steve Walters

Hudson Young

Post by papabear »

So much talent

So much garbage...

He needs some time in reggies to sort his **** out.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: Hudson young

Post by Botman »

He looks close to breaking the line 2-3 times a game but yeah he’s had a very ordinary month of footy
He’s in good company there though
Aero
Laurie Daley

Post by Aero »

Got potential, but form has been bad the past month or so. Some time in the lower grades might help him find some form

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

2012, 2014 and 2015 Boogs Avatar/Signature of the Year
rayden83
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by rayden83 »

I think Hudson had a purple patch of form last year and looks good in a winning team but his baseline form is barely nudging NRL level. Probably time to drop back to reggies to rediscover some form or whatever it is that makes him a good player because im not sure what that is.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Hudson Young our scapegoat of the week then?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

He's been putrid, but you could almost say the same about 6-10 other players.

Clearly not a player related issue in that case, rather something systemic.
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

Most individual players and performances are a product of the **** system we have in place and whatever the **** we did in pre season.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

You shouldn’t be dropping a ball in a tackle one minute after you come on it was just lazy garbage...
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

papabear wrote: May 8, 2021, 5:16 pm You shouldn’t be dropping a ball in a tackle one minute after you come on it was just lazy garbage...
Pretty sure every forward we have on the books has done that this year. And it is a reflection of discipline across the board.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: Hudson Young

Post by GreenMachine »

Crazy how he’s been singled out, but CHN has been ignored despite having the motor of a 75 year old...
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Looked great on the edge, has turned to absolute rubbish since going back into the middle.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

papabear wrote: May 8, 2021, 5:16 pm You shouldn’t be dropping a ball in a tackle one minute after you come on it was just lazy garbage...
I thought he was over enthusiastic on that first run. Tried to hard to belt the defense and ball security suffered. Lazy is not the word I'd use to describe it.

From that point on he was error free in his 45 minute stint. Ran for 138m which was the most for all our forwards. Made 26 tackles with no misses (unusual for him). I'm thinking we're targeting the wrong player here.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

That first hit up off the bench drop ball happens a lot more than you’d like
I reckon I see it 3-4 times a week across games

Little nervous energy I suspect. Young is not playing very good footy right now but who in the squad is? Again, we might need to look a little beyond individuals in terms of what the problems are
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

He sucks, then again the other 16 suck as well.

Absolute drop ball and penalty merchant atm

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Northern Raider wrote: May 9, 2021, 9:30 am
I thought he was over enthusiastic on that first run. Tried to hard to belt the defense and ball security suffered. Lazy is not the word I'd use to describe it.

From that point on he was error free in his 45 minute stint. Ran for 138m which was the most for all our forwards. Made 26 tackles with no misses (unusual for him). I'm thinking we're targeting the wrong player here.
Completely agree.
He was the least of our issues and threatened the line with footwork.
Somehow gets his own thread???
Meanwhile you got a guy who cost us 2 to 3 penalties last week, blowing like ran the Boston marathon after 5 minutes...
I reckon people watch games totally blind on game day and catch up on the details a month after the fact...
Fitness was called out as early as the Sharks game, but the geniuses around here looked for anything/everything else...
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

-TW- wrote:He sucks, then again the other 16 suck as well.

Absolute drop ball and penalty merchant atm

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
He’s into atm too? Ewwww
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

The Nickman wrote: May 9, 2021, 9:23 am Looked great on the edge, has turned to absolute rubbish since going back into the middle.
:lol:

In all seriousness, he's the Jack Wighton of the forwards. Often looks threatening, does good stuff, but can make an error in the back of something special.

What I liked about him in this game is that he didn't follow up his drop with giving away a dumb penalty.
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

GreenMachine wrote: May 9, 2021, 8:12 am Crazy how he’s been singled out, but CHN has been ignored despite having the motor of a 75 year old...
Say what? Young was very disappointing yesterday after a few weeks of playing well enough to keep being named in the 17.

CHN looked like he should be in the starting side every week based on yesterday's performance.

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing him play the Doggies next weekend.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Botman wrote:That first hit up off the bench drop ball happens a lot more than you’d like
I reckon I see it 3-4 times a week across games

Little nervous energy I suspect.
I was legendary in my day ... 100% of the time, I'd either score a try from my first touch, or drop it cold.

And I didn't score many tries.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

yurithe1 wrote: May 9, 2021, 12:49 pm
GreenMachine wrote: May 9, 2021, 8:12 am Crazy how he’s been singled out, but CHN has been ignored despite having the motor of a 75 year old...
Say what? Young was very disappointing yesterday after a few weeks of playing well enough to keep being named in the 17.

CHN looked like he should be in the starting side every week based on yesterday's performance.

Please go back and check the stats from yesterday’s game then come back and apologise...
CHN was appalling just on the eye test..the stats only confirmed it.
Young dropped a ball from attempting an effort play on first tackle and that’s all he gets remembered for...
Like I said previously, people must really watch our games blind drunk...
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

CHN ran the ball something like 5 times in 80 minutes. Defensively he was regularly out of position and too often was slow to get back in line after making a tackle. I saw nothing from him yesterday to suggest he's a locked in starter. Better suited as an impact player off the bench IMO.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Northern Raider wrote: May 9, 2021, 2:53 pm

CHN ran the ball something like 5 times in 80 minutes. Defensively he was regularly out of position and too often was slow to get back in line after making a tackle. I saw nothing from him yesterday to suggest he's a locked in starter. Better suited as an impact player off the bench IMO.
Exactly.
I’ve never seen an edge backrower so gassed so quickly...
Turned his back on play a few times and invited pressure...
Ricky is better off getting rid of him now while his value might still be high..
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

People see what they want to see.

CHN has offered us very little so far. He's a part of the problem.

He's the Curtis Scott of the forwards. Bog average games from him now get praise.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

Young was pretty good on the weekend. He started the year great and was bog average for a few games after he hurt his knee.

But Young's first few games this year were far and above anything CHN has produced his whole career. I find the love for CHN astonishing. It boggles the mind. He looks terrible and his stats are worse. Barely runs, missed tackles, ineffective tackles, penalties, etc.