All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: Is Ricky losing the team?

Post by Billy Walker »

Raiders666 wrote: May 4, 2021, 7:07 pm Plz bring 2020 back
In terms of 2021 - the only hope is that whatever the hell needs to happen in terms of early releases and player shedding happens quickly. Need to pull that bandaid because when it is all said and done there will be substantial talent remaining and if a happy place can be found and the 8 can be scraped into this year might not be all tears.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Billy Walker wrote: May 4, 2021, 7:14 pm
In terms of 2021 - the only hope is that whatever the hell needs to happen in terms of early releases and player shedding happens quickly. Need to pull that bandaid because when it is all said and done there will be substantial talent remaining and if a happy place can be found and the 8 can be scraped into this year might not be all tears.
Flick Rick. Or it will just happen all over again with different cattle. Destroyer of Halves. Destroyer of Clubs
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Rickmando wrote: May 4, 2021, 7:23 pm
Billy Walker wrote: May 4, 2021, 7:14 pm
Flick Rick. Or it will just happen all over again with different cattle. Destroyer of Halves. Destroyer of Clubs
For an exceptional halfback I can’t think of a single 7 that has developed or has kicked on under his watch.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

**** that mental midget milf.
This place is woke.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Question wrote: May 4, 2021, 7:31 pm **** that mental midget milf.
Yeah I don’t think we have the luxury of taking on a reclamation project.

Still if some club out there finally played him in his correct position (fullback) instead of persisting with him as a half, they’d probably get a good return on investment
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Rickmando wrote: May 4, 2021, 1:41 pm That article mentions Rick is “up for a fight”? How petulant. Is he looking forward to shoving it in Tapine and Papalii’s faces??

I’ve got news for you Rick - Raiders fans like watching these guys play. We don’t tune in to watch you kick chairs on the sideline or complain about the referees in your presser. So make it your business to get them back on the field and playing well rather than making it about “your standards”.

If the antics of some yesterday’s hero middle aged coach with a diabolical combo of a massive ego and a thin skin end up costing us the services of elite international players... well that will just about do me. They don’t grow on trees - and even if they did, it’s well documented how much we struggle to attract them.
That's quite a strongly worded post, but it's also hard to argue with

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

I blame Ryan James. Common denominator.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

I said this in 2018, it seems that it may be appropriate now.

Attitudes, enthusiasm, moral, etc all revolve around the ‘message’. Ricky has been pushing his message on these players for a long time now. It’s getting stale. There are 3 ways to mix this up.

1. Change the message - ie the coach. Either a new coach, or completely née concept. Changing the coach is The most unlikely now, as it was in 2018. But in 2019 we implemented our defensive minded game plan.

2. Changed the messenger - ie the assistant coaches who deliver the message and the specifics around it, ie drills etc. For 2019
We bought in cappy and Ennis.

3. Refresh the listeners - ie the players. In 2019 we bought in a batch that included Bateman and CNK, who’s fresh and competitive attitudes were infectious.

So last time we went into a dip, we went with options 1, 2+3, and made a GF.

There are a TONNE of experienced coaches out of work at the moment, and we always seem a little short on assistants ... who is our attacking coach now?!?

We have potential for some player rollover with big $$ freed up with players like Hodgo, Croker, taps etc all with rumblings around them. And we are due for an update on concept. Our 2019 grinding style is outdated now.

Let’s hope Stick sees this as another opportunity to refresh.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

The dressing room is 100% lost, no doubt about it. The problem I have is Ricky continues to lay the blame into the forwards with backs getting no mention of poor form. They just get injury excuses.

The coach needs to be moved on

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Finite
David Furner

Post by Finite »

LastRaider wrote: May 4, 2021, 8:12 pm The dressing room is 100% lost, no doubt about it. The problem I have is Ricky continues to lay the blame into the forwards with backs getting no mention of poor form. They just get injury excuses.

Disagree with every word except, I do agree you sent this from your iPhone
JAYCEE
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: TERRY CAMPESE

Post by JAYCEE »

There is no doubt that there is unrest within the club. I believe that this is due solely to several players being out of form and being victims of unfair criticism . It was not long ago that Hodgo, Croker, Tapine and Papalii were always named among the clubs best players. Now please just give them a go!,
All we need is to see Jack Wighton, George Williams And Josh Papalii show us how good they are at Wagga this weekend and we might see big smiles around again!
Mercury
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Mercury »

JAYCEE wrote: May 5, 2021, 1:55 pm There is no doubt that there is unrest within the club. I believe that this is due solely to several players being out of form and being victims of unfair criticism . It was not long ago that Hodgo, Croker, Tapine and Papalii were always named among the clubs best players. Now please just give them a go!,
All we need is to see Jack Wighton, George Williams And Josh Papalii show us how good they are at Wagga this weekend and we might see big smiles around again!

There are deep divisions that will create an implosion. The press release is akin to a club's board professing that they 100% support the coach and then knifing them
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Finite wrote: May 4, 2021, 8:45 pm
LastRaider wrote: May 4, 2021, 8:12 pm The dressing room is 100% lost, no doubt about it. The problem I have is Ricky continues to lay the blame into the forwards with backs getting no mention of poor form. They just get injury excuses.

Disagree with every word except, I do agree you sent this from your iPhone
:roflmao
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Sticky's past coaching record has shown he can lift a team up then eventually wears thin on the playing group. Happened at both Roosters and Sharks. Wasn't at Eels long enough although he did do them some favours by offloading a lot of dead wood.

He's had this core group together for 7 years now. A refresh is due. What that entails is up for debate.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.