Knights 13+
13%

Total votes: 23

afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Re: 2021 Rd 9 V Knights: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by afgtnk »

Seiffert82 wrote: May 6, 2021, 12:34 am Gould is 100% correct on this one with respect to a few of our players, not all of them though.

We are also a very old team and it's showing badly now. Hodgo, Croker, Rapana, Lui and even Whitehead all a step or 5 slower. It's noticeable and it's getting worse.
Still tryna push that one, eh?

Seems nothing will stop you - despite it not being a matter of opinion :lol:
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

greeneyed wrote: May 5, 2021, 8:37 pm 'They haven't improved: Phil Gould slams Canberra Raiders complacency as rumours swirl over Hodgson, Tapine

Rugby league legend Phil Gould has accused the Canberra Raiders of 'not working hard enough', as the club scramble to save their season.

"It looks to me like they’ve just assumed that everything would pick up where it left of the last couple of seasons and it hasn’t. Every team gets their premiership window, and the Raiders have been knocking on the door for a few years now.

Read more: https://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/ ... rtdnpccx3k

PODCAST: Phil Gould explains why the Canberra Raiders have fallen: https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/r ... 0ftgJSphW4

VIDEO: Gus delves into the Raiders' woes https://wwos.nine.com.au/videos/nrl/gus ... qu7ngykao0
"What I see is a sense of frustration that their attack is not scoring points, and that is eating into their discipline and resolve in defence. I don’t see anything dangerous about their football, which tends to make me think they haven’t worked hard enough on it and they just assumed what they did in previous years would be good enough."

Think he's bang on about that. Stuart thought he could come into this season doing exactly what he did last season. It's not working. It's created some sort of tumour, which has slowly spread into other organs.

He either does the diagnosis and surgery now which removes it (either immediate action or concrete plans to), or keeps ignoring it as some random aches and pains, thinking that it'll go away. Step one for me would be to have him bite the bullet and remove himself from his duties as our attacking coach, and move himself to the area of the game he's always seemed to excel at - defence.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Stuart said pre season that they changed it up completely from the last few seasons.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

I hate agreeing with Bee Sting face, but he's right and plenty of us have been banging on about it for well over a year...
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Stat attack: Second half blues

Canberra has a positive 35-point differential in the first half, the fourth best record of any team, but this plunges to minus 63 in the second half, a 98-point swing, with only the Bulldogs (-112) having a worse record.

They have conceded 20 or more second half points on three occasions already in 2021 - something they didn’t do through all of 2019-20 and they have scored just one second half try in their past three starts.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 37b6b9a8d4
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

greeneyed wrote: May 6, 2021, 10:53 am Stat attack: Second half blues

Canberra has a positive 35-point differential in the first half, the fourth best record of any team, but this plunges to minus 63 in the second half, a 98-point swing, with only the Bulldogs (-112) having a worse record.

They have conceded 20 or more second half points on three occasions already in 2021 - something they didn’t do through all of 2019-20 and they have scored just one second half try in their past three starts.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 37b6b9a8d4
That stat is telling, particularly as our interchange use has been shambolic...
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Can't score points when you're too gassed to hang onto the ball

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

2 things need to happen for the best interest of the club if we want to keep this premiership window open:
1. Croker medically retire.
2. Free up money by selling hodgson and G williams.
That will allow us to buy a better centre or winger and a steady halfback
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

I thought we were in a pretty bad place this week but you don't want to be Jarryd Hayne .....
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: May 6, 2021, 3:47 pm I thought we were in a pretty bad place this week but you don't want to be Jarryd Hayne .....
Innocent
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Is it time for Canberra Raiders fans to worry?

They've lost four in a row, one of their captains has quit the job, vulltures are circling with reports suggesting the Broncos are keen on out-of-sorts Josh Hodgson and that England's Warrington Wolves are keeping a close eye on homesick George Williams' situation.

A group of vile keyboard warriors masquerading as Raiders fans have taken to attacking injured captain Jarrod Croker on social media. Of all the players at this club, none have offered more than their fearless leader. Should Raiders fans be worried?

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

MATCH PREVIEW: Raiders v Knights: https://thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34591

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/05 ... v-knights/

VIDEO: Alan Tongue delivers voice against violence program to Indie School in Wagga: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/05 ... -in-wagga/

VIDEO: Jordan Rapana speaks ahead of the clash with the Knights: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/05 ... gga-wagga/

VIDEO: Elliott Whitehead and the Canberra Raiders NRL squad visited the Mortimer Shield at Wagga Wagga: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/05 ... gga-wagga/
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

radicalraider wrote: May 6, 2021, 3:58 pm
Hong Kong Raider wrote: May 6, 2021, 3:47 pm I thought we were in a pretty bad place this week but you don't want to be Jarryd Hayne .....
Innocent
Not according to the courts.
Rick
Steve Walters

Post by Rick »

radicalraider wrote:
Innocent
.......Until he got found guilty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Back on topic please. Jarryd Hayne has nothing to do with this thread. If you want to discuss that, there are other boards.
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

greeneyed wrote: May 6, 2021, 4:19 pm Back on topic please. Jarryd Hayne has nothing to do with this thread. If you want to discuss that, there are other boards.
What's your take on the mess at canberra ? What caused the problem and will it be fixed ?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

radicalraider wrote: May 6, 2021, 4:41 pm
greeneyed wrote: May 6, 2021, 4:19 pm Back on topic please. Jarryd Hayne has nothing to do with this thread. If you want to discuss that, there are other boards.
What's your take on the mess at canberra ? What caused the problem and will it be fixed ?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Elliott Whitehead relishes Canberra Raiders captain's challenge

New Canberra Raiders co-captain Elliott Whitehead has revealed Josh Hodgson's decision to step down as skipper shocked and blindsided the playing group.

"It was a bit out of the blue, but he had his reasons - which I'm not going to tell anyone," he said. "But this week's been really positive and we've prepared really well, and we're just looking forward to getting out there. Josh has been awesome. He's injured at the moment, but he's fully committed to the club.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... challenge/

Raiders, Knights feeling the pressure
Laurie Daley

There is nothing more disappointing than falling well short of expectations without being able to put your finger on exactly what has caused it. On the strength of their performances last week, I'd be more confident if I was a Raiders fan going into this one, but it's difficult to predict what's going to happen.

Given the nature of the competition and the way the premiership ladder looks, it won't be the end of the line for the loser on Saturday. But another defeat will make it that little bit harder to find a way back.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14237
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

radicalraider wrote: May 6, 2021, 4:41 pm
No response required to moderator requests... apart from compliance with them.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Now, here's general warning for everyone...

The moderators as a group are quite prepared to bring out the ban stick at present. We've had a bit of practice over at the Facebook group in the past 24 hours... I can barely hold TR back! ;) :evil:

If people are trolling, deliberately causing conflict etc we're quite happy to arrange a holiday for posters from the site.

Raiders fans are understandably unhappy at the moment. Expectations have been set high after recent successes. They're appropriately high expectations.

But we expect critical comment to be constructive and for critical comments to be respectful.

If people see posts that are breaching forum guidelines, the appropriate course is to report the posts. We don't accept forum cop behaviour... you don't have a right to make personal attacks on others just because you disagree with someone... you don't have the right to instruct the moderators on what they should do... that is just as much a breach of forum guidelines.

Thanks all. We'd really appreciate your co-operation.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Man, everything has completely unravelled on here over the past couple of weeks.

*Takes a deep whiff*

Nostalgia.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Hello Darkness my old friend
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Scared Hitless wrote:I can't remember the last time we had so much press coverage.

Probably the '94 GF win.
What did you ... sleep through the whole Carney era?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote:
Scared Hitless wrote:I can't remember the last time we had so much press coverage.

Probably the '94 GF win.

Don’t think there was much news coverage shown at that respective preschool.
Scared Hitless
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Scared Hitless »

The Nickman wrote: May 6, 2021, 7:07 pm
T_R wrote:

Probably the '94 GF win.

Don’t think there was much news coverage shown at that respective preschool.
I'll give it to you, Nickman, you certainly talk a big game.
Scared Hitless
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Scared Hitless »

T_R wrote: May 6, 2021, 6:53 pm

Probably the '94 GF win.

I see that period - and other similiar incidents - as a slower decline or not particularly surprising eg. Carney, Dugan/Ferguson, Monaghan etc.

This feels more like The Price Is Right's Cliffhangers game; steadily yodelling our way up and then the sudden fall....
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

afgtnk wrote: It's created some sort of tumour, which has slowly spread into other organs.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

I feel like we are all in a weird holding pattern where the stories this week have run their course, the team is named and we just have to fill time till Saturday
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Perfect time to be in Wagga though. Carnival atmosphere and the town will be pumped to have the Milk in town
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Hopefully they stick clear of the races tomorrow

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Brad Fittler and Andrew Johns discus the unsettled Raiders: https://wwos.nine.com.au/videos/nrl/fre ... lg0d57gbou
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Scared Hitless wrote: May 6, 2021, 7:36 pm
T_R wrote: May 6, 2021, 6:53 pm

Probably the '94 GF win.

I see that period - and other similiar incidents - as a slower decline or not particularly surprising eg. Carney, Dugan/Ferguson, Monaghan etc.

This feels more like The Price Is Right's Cliffhangers game; steadily yodelling our way up and then the sudden fall....
:lol:

Lost it
Up The Milk
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

greeneyed wrote: May 6, 2021, 9:51 pm VIDEO: Brad Fittler and Andrew Johns discus the unsettled Raiders: https://wwos.nine.com.au/videos/nrl/fre ... lg0d57gbou
That was painful to watch, as I completely expected. How can two of the most genius players on the field, be such dribblers off it. They can't talk properly
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Cracks in the dressing room and disgruntled stars: What’s really going on at the Raiders

The Canberra Raiders are believed to be preparing to have a difficult conversation with champion centre and co-captain Jarrod Croker.

Green Machine local junior Croker has been an ornament to the game and is one of its most well-respected figures.But over the course of the last 18 months Croker has had to deal with a shoulder operation and a drop in form and confidence. One of his knees is also bone-on-bone.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... f52654e593

Fair enough - give Croker a chance to recapture his form, if he doesn't, then tough conversation to retire at the end of the year and work for us in the back room or another role. I think this is fair. Free up $600,000 salary cap. But I had always thought he is signed to 2024. I don't know where the $1.6 m comes from for both him and Hodgson.