Knotincelly22
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Adrian Purtell

Re: 2021 Rd 9 V Knights: Teams and Previews

Post by Knotincelly22 »

Love4Noa wrote: May 1, 2021, 2:34 pm
Rick wrote: May 1, 2021, 11:55 am
Knotincelly22 wrote:
afgtnk wrote: April 30, 2021, 10:57 am Problem I'm seeing with Starling is that you're taking away so much of his effectiveness by not having a someone with speed trail through the ruck with him. It's a massive waste playing him without one.

Honestly could've had 2-3 tries last night from the runs he made last night that amounted to nothing in the end.
This is where CNK can take his game to the next level. We are wringing our hands about whether the ball playing will ever develop but his goal line defence has improved markedly. He just needs to diffuse bombs and be the support player when a break is made. I will settle for that.
Issue with this is he has the pace of a turtle. We have seen a few breaks amount to nothing because the man with the ball is slowing up trying to get CNK into the play. He has a lot of strengths bur this is not one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Things need to be shaken up, and at this point I'm open to Starling moving to five/eighth, Wighton to Centre, Bailey to fullback and Toots to the wing. It gets Hodgson back in the team, it provides relief for Tommy while he learns his trade, and lets Jack just RUN the ball.
Wighton to centre is the last thing that should happen and any coach who makes that move effectively signs his own resignation letter. Jack needs the ball more, not less, and anyone who saw the Origin series last year knows he ain't a game changer at centre anymore. He needs more touches, not less, and certainly does not need to be standing around on the flanks being starved of the ball.
Knotincelly22
Terry Campese

Post by Knotincelly22 »

Billy Walker wrote: May 2, 2021, 9:39 am
Scared Hitless wrote: May 2, 2021, 8:46 am
-TW- wrote: May 1, 2021, 10:55 pm I think there's a lot of merit to having to verify your identity before creating social media accounts

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Yep. Totally agree. Should have to put your name to everything. That would have an immediate impact.
You make a good point Mr Hitless
First off all, no one is ever really anonymous. Secondly AVOs, IVOs are worthless and breached every day of the week so eliminating anonymity won't do squat. This is about crushing dissent orchestrated by certain media personalities choosing when freedom of speech suits them (racist jokes on radio shows) and when it doesn't.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

I think the boys need to pack their bags and head off to wagga Tuesday
A few days in camp away EDIT distractions and spending time doing some junior coaching, school visits etc

Meeting a few farmers working their butts off for a lot less

Boys need to refocus and re appreciate the lives they have
Vaccinated
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Knotincelly22 wrote: May 2, 2021, 12:47 pm
Knotincelly22 wrote:
afgtnk wrote: April 30, 2021, 10:57 am Problem I'm seeing with Starling is that you're taking away so much of his effectiveness by not having a someone with speed trail through the ruck with him. It's a massive waste playing him without one.

Honestly could've had 2-3 tries last night from the runs he made last night that amounted to nothing in the end.
This is where CNK can take his game to the next level. We are wringing our hands about whether the ball playing will ever develop but his goal line defence has improved markedly. He just needs to diffuse bombs and be the support player when a break is made. I will settle for that.
Issue with this is he has the pace of a turtle. We have seen a few breaks amount to nothing because the man with the ball is slowing up trying to get CNK into the play. He has a lot of strengths bur this is not one of them.

Things need to be shaken up, and at this point I'm open to Starling moving to five/eighth, Wighton to Centre, Bailey to fullback and Toots to the wing. It gets Hodgson back in the team, it provides relief for Tommy while he learns his trade, and lets Jack just RUN the ball.
Wighton to centre is the last thing that should happen and any coach who makes that move effectively signs his own resignation letter. Jack needs the ball more, not less, and anyone who saw the Origin series last year knows he ain't a game changer at centre anymore. He needs more touches, not less, and certainly does not need to be standing around on the flanks being starved of the ball.
It’s the second last thing... first and foremost Croker should never be on a wing, given the way he can’t make a metre out of our own end. That would be more embarrassing than his efforts at centre!
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Knotincelly22 wrote: May 2, 2021, 12:55 pm
-TW- wrote: May 1, 2021, 10:55 pm I think there's a lot of merit to having to verify your identity before creating social media accounts

Yep. Totally agree. Should have to put your name to everything. That would have an immediate impact.
First off all, no one is ever really anonymous. Secondly AVOs, IVOs are worthless and breached every day of the week so eliminating anonymity won't do squat. This is about crushing dissent orchestrated by certain media personalities choosing when freedom of speech suits them(racist jokes on radio shows) and when it doesn't.
I was more pointing to the irony that this position was being promoted by someone using the alias Scared Hitless.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

2021 Rd 9 V Knights: Teams and Previews

Post by LastRaider »

1. Aekins
2. Simmonson
3. Kris
4. Scott
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. S.Williams
8. Papa
9. Starling
10. Guler
11. CNH
12. Whitehead
13. Tapine

14. Timoko
15. Horse
16. Sutton
17. Young

If some forwards are only getting 15 minutes per game, may as well put a back on the bench. Makes most logical sense

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Knotincelly22
Terry Campese

Post by Knotincelly22 »

Rickmando wrote: May 2, 2021, 2:54 pm
Knotincelly22 wrote: May 2, 2021, 12:47 pm
Knotincelly22 wrote:

It’s the second last thing... first and foremost Croker should never be on a wing, given the way he can’t make a metre out of our own end. That would be more embarrassing than his efforts at centre!
Croker to the wing has more merit if Ricky can't bring himself to drop his beloved co-captain even if they consensus on here seems to be he shouldn't be in the 17.
Dimes
Peter Jackson

Post by Dimes »

I hope Simmo gets some more chances

I thought that opposition kick on the 5th block with his foot and regather last week was a moment of brilliance and helped the team a lot at that time
Scared Hitless
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Scared Hitless »

Billy Walker wrote: May 2, 2021, 4:03 pm

First off all, no one is ever really anonymous. Secondly AVOs, IVOs are worthless and breached every day of the week so eliminating anonymity won't do squat. This is about crushing dissent orchestrated by certain media personalities choosing when freedom of speech suits them(racist jokes on radio shows) and when it doesn't.
I was more pointing to the irony that this position was being promoted by someone using the alias Scared Hitless.
Touche. Should have used my real name like everyone else.
Scared Hitless
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Scared Hitless »

Eight rounds down and the top five are already 4 points clear with the rest of the comp at a 50% or worse win rate. This season could end up in English Premier League territory.

Given the recent improvements of some of the lesser teams, I'm not confident putting down any of our games as a W at the moment.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

Scared Hitless wrote: May 2, 2021, 6:23 pm Eight rounds down and the top five are already 4 points clear with the rest of the comp at a 50% or worse win rate. This season could end up in English Premier League territory.

Given the recent improvements of some of the lesser teams, I'm not confident putting down any of our games as a W at the moment.
Me either. There is a huge gulf between the top 5 and the rest as we are now in 'the rest'.

Manly's recent form suggest they might take our place as a competitive side. But they have to do it for a bit longer before I commit to that.
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

Scared Hitless wrote: May 2, 2021, 6:23 pm Eight rounds down and the top five are already 4 points clear with the rest of the comp at a 50% or worse win rate. This season could end up in English Premier League territory.

Did the nrl league predictor... had us losing to Roosters x2, Storm x2 and Eels and had us in 6th.

That's beating Manly twice too (which we all know is unlikely) so pretty likely we're looking at battling for 8th at best.
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Raider47 wrote: May 2, 2021, 7:49 pm

Did the nrl league predictor... had us losing to Roosters x2, Storm x2 and Eels and had us in 6th.

That's beating Manly twice too (which we all know is unlikely) so pretty likely we're looking at battling for 8th at best.
Until we get CNK back, I'm not chalking us up for a win against anyone TBH. We're that bad.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

Finchy wrote: May 2, 2021, 7:51 pm
Raider47 wrote: May 2, 2021, 7:49 pm

Until we get CNK back, I'm not chalking us up for a win against anyone TBH. We're that bad.
Fully agreed. That was my positive, over optimistic outlook.

We are woeful without CNK.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Time running out for Green Machine to fire

Raiders acting captain Elliott Whitehead says time is running out for the team to get back to winning ways - ideally that starts against Newcastle at Wagga Wagga on Saturday.

"We can't leave it too much longer. We have to get back to winning ways and hopefully that's next week against Newcastle. The boys can take a few positives out of that game - Souths are up there in the competition at the moment and I thought we pushed them.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Scared Hitless wrote: May 2, 2021, 6:14 pm
Billy Walker wrote: May 2, 2021, 4:03 pm
You mean that isn’t your real name? I just assumed Hitless was Austrian.
Touche. Should have used my real name like everyone else.
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

GW homesick
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

radicalraider wrote: May 3, 2021, 3:35 pm GW homesick
Hoisin or worcestershire? What’s your source?
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

I'd be homesick too playing in this team atm. The wives showing more spirit over the last couple of weeks
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

4 losses in a row and crashing out of the top 8.

Rumblings about one co-captains performance and dubious injury

Rumblings about another co captains performance and dubious injury

Tapine being dropped and his wife lashing out at Ricky

Papa being called out, rested/dropped and admitting that he has lost the passion at the moment

George Williams homesick and potentially on the way out.

Did I miss anything? Club seems like it has completely fallen apart in not much more than a month.
Up The Milk
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Mickey_Raider wrote: May 3, 2021, 5:34 pm 4 losses in a row and crashing out of the top 8.

Papa being called out, rested/dropped and admitting that he has lost the passion at the moment

Did I miss anything? Club seems like it has completely fallen apart in not much more than a month.
On a scale of “all good to vodka cruisers” I’d say we are heading towards the rooftop.....
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

This is all part of Ricky Stuart's plan... make everybody else think we're falling apart and then go on to win every game remaining this season.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Jack Wighton dismisses Canberra Raiders' off-field distractions

Canberra Raiders five-eighth Jack Wighton is refusing to let any off-field distractions stop him from doing everything he can to end their four-game losing streak. Over the weekend the wife of Raiders lock Joe Tapine posted comments critical of Canberra coach Ricky Stuart on social media.

"I'm just focussing on me and what I can do best for the team," he said on Monday. "I'll leave that up to whoever it is to sort that out. I've just got to get the train back on the tracks and go again."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

knights by 22
This place is woke.
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

Oh hey the mighty have fallen.. will we ever see a premiership Again
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

Starting to remind of the bulldogs era with Des.. made GF but missed out.. Good team for a few years.. and after all left with a bunch of forwards eating over half our cap.. plus this is worse with the rule changes totally making forwards less effective.. we're in trouble for the next 3-5 yrs
Crocodile
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Crocodile »

radicalraider wrote: May 3, 2021, 8:25 pm Starting to remind of the bulldogs era with Des.. made GF but missed out.. Good team for a few years.. and after all left with a bunch of forwards eating over half our cap.. plus this is worse with the rule changes totally making forwards less effective.. we're in trouble for the next 3-5 yrs
Go and have a look at our contracted players list. We’ve only got a couple of forwards contracted beyond next year.
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

Crocodile wrote: May 3, 2021, 8:32 pm
radicalraider wrote: May 3, 2021, 8:25 pm Starting to remind of the bulldogs era with Des.. made GF but missed out.. Good team for a few years.. and after all left with a bunch of forwards eating over half our cap.. plus this is worse with the rule changes totally making forwards less effective.. we're in trouble for the next 3-5 yrs
Go and have a look at our contracted players list. We’ve only got a couple of forwards contracted beyond next year.
Pap 700k+ tapine 600k+ young 500k+ CHN 300k+ ? whitehead 500k+ Lui 300k+? Guler 300k+? Sutton 300k+? hors 300k+? james 2-300 liva 300k+? Sia.. chewed up enough hopefully retires..
Croker is like hopoate for dogs.. stuck with him for few more yrs 2mill... Scott 500k+? ... disaster!
Crocodile
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Crocodile »

radicalraider wrote: May 3, 2021, 8:51 pm
Crocodile wrote: May 3, 2021, 8:32 pm
Pap 700k+ tapine 600k+ young 500k+ CHN 300k+ ? whitehead 500k+ Lui 300k+? Guler 300k+? Sutton 300k+? hors 300k+? james 2-300 liva 300k+? Sia.. chewed up enough hopefully retires..
Croker is like hopoate for dogs.. stuck with him for few more yrs 2mill... Scott 500k+? ... disaster!
Take a deep breath.
Walter
David Grant

Post by Walter »

radicalraider wrote:Oh hey the mighty have fallen.. will we ever see a premiership Again
Image Will we ever see a premiership again? No way, get ****, **** off!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Walter
David Grant

Post by Walter »

Billy Walker wrote:
Mickey_Raider wrote: May 3, 2021, 5:34 pm 4 losses in a row and crashing out of the top 8.

On a scale of “all good to vodka cruisers” I’d say we are heading towards the rooftop.....
This made me laugh far more than it should have!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
LastRaider
John Ferguson

2021 Rd 9 V Knights: Teams and Previews

Post by LastRaider »

TLT here we come. What unusual twist is sticking going to throw at us today!

PJ, any early mail?

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

LastRaider wrote: May 4, 2021, 8:16 am TLT here we come. What unusual twist is sticking going to throw at us today!

PJ, any early mail?

Let’s give our most successful captain the #7 jersey if GWilly is unfit.

Papas had enough rest, fire him up.

And have a go for gods sake..its the Knights ****..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Knotincelly22 wrote:

I am increasingly frustrated with the fact that Bailey is NOT a winger. He's fast, he's big, he fits the stats sheet for being a winger, but he makes dumb reads in defence, and he offers nothing in attack.
A few weeks ago, a kick was put through for him, and he ran past Sivo (Parramatta?) like he was standing still. The boy has speed - but I am more than confident he has never actually been in the open with the ball.

Is there any issue with playing Bailey at fullback in attack so he can roam AKA Ryan Sonic the Hedgehog Pappyuenhaouseian and let Caleb or Charnze run defence? It's unconventional but it's worth trying. He has speed to burn, and needs to be active. It may also open up the halves who for the love of god need to offer more than running to the right side of the field and throwing an inside ball, or doing the oh so predictable Williams, Wighton, Whitehead combination. It was amazing the first 4,504 times - now it's a bit predictable. Even for the crowd.

Looks promising and if Ricky can remember he has four players on the bench and uses them efficiently we would be a better outfit!
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Time to give Savage a bench spot - we need a back on the bench. Particularly Savage with his pace and he can add a lot with tiring defences. We need to back our young guys with potential now like Walsh with Warriors, Sam Walker with Roosters, Schuster with Manly and Penrith last year.