Knights 13+
13%

Total votes: 23

radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Re: 2021 Rd 9 V Knights: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by radicalraider »

Hodgson giving up the captaincy is alarming!
And now 360 reporting he's in talks with the Broncos for next year.. clearly he's not happy and first one out the door
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

And here it starts I think

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

radicalraider wrote:Hodgson giving up the captaincy is alarming!
And now 360 reporting he's in talks with the Broncos for next year.. clearly he's not happy and first one out the door
Broncos have said they aren't interested anymore

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Can’t wait to watch Papa on Satd..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

-TW- wrote: May 4, 2021, 8:11 pm
radicalraider wrote:Hodgson giving up the captaincy is alarming!
Broncos have said they aren't interested anymore

That's NRL code for 'He's already bought a charmingly renovated Queenslander in Kelvin Grove'

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

I guess exciting times for those who were advocating for a shake up. I've no idea who will be in or out, or who might leave the club next week.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

The shake up has been on the cards since 2020.

Some of us saw it back then but it’s obviously easier if the club simply continues to be successful without changing much... that’s just reality..

But the lack of speed, attacking threat and power was there to see when Melbourne belted us in the qualifier...

Then the club proceeded to do nothing about it over the offseason and here we are...we were gambling on Hodgson’s return to change our 2020 fortunes and rolled snake eyes..he hasn’t adjusted to the new version of the game and has regressed Wighton and Williams development as playmakers...

So the shake up must happen if Ricky wants to stick around longer.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders have no excuse for 'soft' tries, says Peter Sterling

The Canberra Raiders season is on life support, but Peter Sterling believes an attitude shift is what can dig Ricky Stuart's men out of the hole that they've fallen into.

"That's the real concern - I didn't see it coming," Sterling said. "At the beginning of the year I was a big Raiders fan, and I still am ... but you can't drop off the pace that far."

Read more: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-2021-c ... 9d06622668
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

I can’t see us beating the knights this week unfortunately. To much off field drama and this won’t help our soft second half’s

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

LastRaider wrote: May 5, 2021, 7:41 am I can’t see us beating the knights this week unfortunately. To much off field drama and this won’t help our soft second half’s

Or..
All this off field stuff could gel them into a slick/firing on all cylinders/unstoppable force.

Watch out Knoughts..
Walter
David Grant

Re: 2021 Rd 9 V Knights: Teams and Previews

Post by Walter »

Ruben Daley wrote: May 4, 2021, 5:36 pm
Billy Walker wrote: May 4, 2021, 5:24 pm
Walter wrote: May 4, 2021, 4:12 pm Well Knights win the battle of the names. You can't go past Phoenix, Bradman and Starford to start with let alone Enari, Hymel and Pasami.
Names are important Walter. If you’re Mr and Mrs Best the choice of name for your son can clearly impact his future prospects - “What about we call him Bradman love? - nah far too out there let’s just go with Colin” - the rest is history!
:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao
:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

-PJ- wrote:
LastRaider wrote: May 5, 2021, 7:41 am I can’t see us beating the knights this week unfortunately. To much off field drama and this won’t help our soft second half’s

Or..
All this off field stuff could gel them into a slick/firing on all cylinders/unstoppable force.

Watch out Knoughts..
Let’s hope PJ 🤞
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

We will win
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Raiders666 wrote: May 5, 2021, 10:48 am We will win
I honestly hope you're correct. I'll be absolutely FURIOUS if I go 2 and 0 against you when you've been the one picking our team to win!

I just have a really bad feeling about all this.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Do it to me what your eyes say you wanna do..do it..read my lips.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

My work colleague is a Knights fan. This morning we were arguing about who's team was going worse right now. Both of us trying to claim the prize. Overall form the Raiders have been quite good in first half if their game. Fallen away dramatically late. Knights by contrast have been right off their game from the start. Last week against Roosters was awful for the full 80 mins. Even conceded a late try against 11 men.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: May 5, 2021, 1:44 pm My work colleague is a Knights fan. This morning we were arguing about who's team was going worse right now. Both of us trying to claim the prize. Overall form the Raiders have been quite good in first half if their game. Fallen away dramatically late. Knights by contrast have been right off their game from the start. Last week against Roosters was awful for the full 80 mins. Even conceded a late try against 11 men.
The defensive effort the knights put on against the Titans was one of the most embarrassing displays i've ever seen
Anyone who hasnt seen it... check the extended highlights out
https://www.nrl.com/tv/matches/telstra- ... v-knights/
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Botman wrote: May 5, 2021, 1:49 pm
Northern Raider wrote: May 5, 2021, 1:44 pm My work colleague is a Knights fan. This morning we were arguing about who's team was going worse right now. Both of us trying to claim the prize. Overall form the Raiders have been quite good in first half if their game. Fallen away dramatically late. Knights by contrast have been right off their game from the start. Last week against Roosters was awful for the full 80 mins. Even conceded a late try against 11 men.
The defensive effort the knights put on against the Titans was one of the most embarrassing displays i've ever seen
Anyone who hasnt seen it... check the extended highlights out
https://www.nrl.com/tv/matches/telstra- ... v-knights/
Even their win at home against the Sharks wasn't overly impressive. Sharks were running over the top of them back end of the game. Got out of jail with a late try to Ponga.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders not far from clicking after tumultuous week: Alan Tongue

Former Raiders captain Alan Tongue has urged the team to block out the noise and use Saturday's clash against Newcastle in Wagga as an "outlet" to help ease the pressure valve.

"Sometimes you can get overwhelmed by it but you're not that far away from one good win and it builds that confidence," Tongue said. "We all understood the media and the outside noise that comes with it is what makes the game and makes it exciting, but what we love doing is playing footy.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

PODCAST: Behind the Limelight: Caleb Aekins: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/05 ... b-aekins3/

Englishman Josh Hodgson steps down as Canberra Raiders captain: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Hodgson stands down as Raiders captain: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/josh-hodgs ... 582b8c9d23

Has Ricky Stuart's direct approach negatively impacted Raiders stars: https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/05/05/ ... ers-stars/
lomax
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by lomax »

Maybe our first grade team can learn a thing or two from our SG Ball team. After the adversity they encountered at the start of their season, with four of their mates being stood down (and fair enough). They didn't throw in the towel. Instead they put their heads down worked hard and became united as a team.

I hope first grade can put all the insta posts, homesickness, whinging when told home truths from the coach about there form, behind them. But i doubt it, cause i don't think the 2021 Raiders are a mentally strong enough group to do it.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

So I guess we play the knights back into form or put a cricket score on them. Don't play to their level please
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

So I guess we play the knights back into form or put a cricket score on them. Don't play to their level please
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Neeeegz wrote: May 5, 2021, 6:59 pm So I guess we play the knights back into form or put a cricket score on them. Don't play to their level please
I'm betting on option 1
Walter
David Grant

Post by Walter »

The Raiders bus spotted on the way to Wagga this afternoon.

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

:lol: in all my years of being active on the internet, that gif remains undefeated in it's ability to make me laugh
Criminally under used. But always delivers
Walter
David Grant

Post by Walter »

And I should have said: "An oldie but a goodie"!
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Walter wrote: May 5, 2021, 7:47 pm The Raiders bus spotted on the way to Wagga this afternoon.

:roflmao

Don’t know what it says about me that I’ve never seen that before
Walter
David Grant

Post by Walter »

Botman wrote: May 5, 2021, 7:49 pm :lol: in all my years of being active on the internet, that gif remains undefeated in it's ability to make me laugh
Botman - I couldn't have put it better! I'm just sitting here shaking my head as to what the **** has happened in the past few weeks!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Walter wrote: May 5, 2021, 7:54 pm
Botman wrote: May 5, 2021, 7:49 pm :lol: in all my years of being active on the internet, that gif remains undefeated in it's ability to make me laugh
Botman - I couldn't have put it better! I'm just sitting here shaking my head as to what the **** has happened in the past few weeks!
It's seriously one of my favourite gifs. And it perfectly summerises our lead up into the knights game!
AJL
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by AJL »

Had a bit of a look at the Knights' team list post on Facebook. The comments sound very similar to this place. One group of fans will be screaming "I told you so!" after their team loses...
Canberra Raiders
Member No. 1130

Breeding Raiders members since 2010
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

'They haven't improved: Phil Gould slams Canberra Raiders complacency as rumours swirl over Hodgson, Tapine

Rugby league legend Phil Gould has accused the Canberra Raiders of 'not working hard enough', as the club scramble to save their season.

"It looks to me like they’ve just assumed that everything would pick up where it left of the last couple of seasons and it hasn’t. Every team gets their premiership window, and the Raiders have been knocking on the door for a few years now.

Read more: https://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/ ... rtdnpccx3k

PODCAST: Phil Gould explains why the Canberra Raiders have fallen: https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/r ... 0ftgJSphW4

VIDEO: Gus delves into the Raiders' woes https://wwos.nine.com.au/videos/nrl/gus ... qu7ngykao0
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Look, he's not wrong

Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

I listened to it and he mostly thinks we "missed our off-season", and that can happen from time to time. Not necessarily that we didn't put effort in, just perhaps not into the right areas, and with the wrong expectations etc
Scared Hitless
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Scared Hitless »

I can't remember the last time we had so much press coverage.

Probably the '94 GF win.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Gould is 100% correct on this one with respect to a few of our players, not all of them though.

We are also a very old team and it's showing badly now. Hodgo, Croker, Rapana, Lui and even Whitehead all a step or 5 slower. It's noticeable and it's getting worse.