Rabbitohs 13+
56%

Total votes: 16

Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Re: 2021 Rd 8 V Rabbitohs: Game Day

Post by Raider47 »

**** definitely something wrong at the club. Reeks of 2018 IIRC when Austin was dropped at it felt like there was sooking going on behind closed doors.

Until you get that crap out of the door you can't succeed as a club on the field.

Get the feeling there will be a big name player leave come season's end.
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Don't know how to attach a photo..
Tapine wife:
" you have an international player warming your bench for 50mins...... your interchanges are killing us!!!! Refs call count means jak when coaching decisions are rubbish"
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Wiki Special wrote: April 30, 2021, 10:21 am What is she saying?
She had a public shot at Stick, essentially saying that blaming the ref is pointless when his bench use is "killing us", in particular to one "international forward" who warmed the bench for 50 minutes.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Yep the frustration is clearly building.

One on hand, it’s good to see the players and their partners are there to win ... on the other hand, publicly slamming Ricky isn’t a good look.

Bottom line, Ricky is consistently **** up his rotations and it’s costing us dearly. It’s not even a difficult fix, I don’t understand what game he’s trying to play, but it’s clearly not working.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

yeh raiders wrote: April 30, 2021, 10:29 am Yep the frustration is clearly building.

One on hand, it’s good to see the players and their partners are there to win ... on the other hand, publicly slamming Ricky isn’t a good look.

Bottom line, Ricky is consistently **** up his rotations and it’s costing us dearly. It’s not even a difficult fix, I don’t understand what game he’s trying to play, but it’s clearly not working.
Yeah, the bench rotation appears to be the biggest issue and the simplest one to fix. And that's entirely on the coach's head, no-one else.
mobrulesall
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Andrew McFadden

Post by mobrulesall »

Where was this posted?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I think it’s Instagram or Twitter. I don’t understand these non-Facebook social media platforms.
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

yeh raiders wrote: April 30, 2021, 10:29 am Yep the frustration is clearly building.

Yep I think this is the most common sense take. The players partners shouldn't be taking a shot at stick but holy moly get it sorted sticky. A lot of the time we look out on our feet with a forward sitting on the bench as fresh as a daisy
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

radicalraider wrote: April 30, 2021, 10:28 am Don't know how to attach a photo..
Tapine wife:
" you have an international player warming your bench for 50mins...... your interchanges are killing us!!!! Refs call count means jak when coaching decisions are rubbish"
She's on the mark...
More than some of the delusionist's in here moaning about obstruction and what not....
tommyhud9
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by tommyhud9 »

Poor form from Tapine to let this happen.

Bloke has played EDIT.
Knotincelly22
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Adrian Purtell

Post by Knotincelly22 »

It's on her insta story but you'll need a log in to see it...will vanish in 24hrs but Ricky only entertains textas so he'll never see it. :hi
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

tommyhud9 wrote: April 30, 2021, 11:12 am Poor form from Tapine to let this happen.
Let what happen? Let his wife have an opinion?

Oh my.
tommyhud9
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by tommyhud9 »

The Nickman wrote: April 30, 2021, 11:16 am
tommyhud9 wrote: April 30, 2021, 11:12 am Poor form from Tapine to let this happen.

Oh my.
To publicly share that opinion is damaging to everyone.

Especially Joe.
mobrulesall
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

Post by mobrulesall »

Oh my.
This is true, she can have an opinion.

HOWEVER, my take is that Joe and his wife probably discuss these things 'around the dinner table', which makes me think Joe shares her sentiment. Therefore, it doesn't reflect well on Joe not keeping the team vibes private.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

His wife needs to tell Joseph to lift his game and Joseph has to actually lift his game too.

Blaming the coach for your husband not reaching his expected levels of performance is just as bad as the coach blaming the ref.
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

mobrulesall wrote: April 30, 2021, 11:19 am

Bloke has played EDIT.

Oh my.
This is true, she can have an opinion.

HOWEVER, my take is that Joe and his wife probably discuss these things 'around the dinner table', which makes me think Joe shares her sentiment. Therefore, it doesn't reflect well on Joe not keeping the team vibes private.
Spot on.
Johno
David Furner

Post by Johno »

BJ wrote: April 30, 2021, 11:26 am His wife needs to tell Joseph to lift his game and Joseph has to actually lift his game too.

Blaming the coach for your husband not reaching his expected levels of performance is just as bad as the coach blaming the ref.
Good comment BJ, just step up Joe we need you!
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Can't believe what i'm reading...wife can't have an opinion? An opinion shared by a lot of people around here too?
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

She's deleted it now
BJ
Steve Walters

2021 Rd 8 V Rabbitohs: Game Day

Post by BJ »

GreenMachine wrote:Can't believe what i'm reading...wife can't have an opinion? An opinion shared by a lot of people around here too?
Of course tapine’s wife can have an opinion. But if she is prepared to go public, she has to be prepared for the public backlash. She also has to understand how her comments may negatively impact her husband.

This also goes for the wives of politicians, CEO’s, influencers, etc etc.

I imagine many partners of Ministers/politicians would like to complain publicly about how the leader hasn’t given their partner the right opportunity, but they know to bite their tongue for the greater good of the team.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

When we look back on this season there will be a few games like this that would have had a big impact on our ladder position if they had gone the other way. Last week in particular though seemed worse to me as we had a better team on the field and a bigger lead.

To be honest we were our own worst enemies in that game. We made simple skill errors that handed the Bunnies good field position over and over again and then put massive pressure on our defence which did ok in the first half but was eventually picked apart. Both teams were slow in the ruck but where the Bunnies were just slow and offside resulting in 6 agains we did things that broke the play down leaving no option other than a penalty (although I think the Bunnies got away with a couple in this department including the challenged call).

The two mystifying penalties to me were when CHN was penalised for having the audacity to tackle a player who had just taken a kick. Didn't hit him high or late just fell over him as he dived on the ground. On replay it looked like the ball was lost in the tackle but the penalty meant that instead of at worst, defending a set from good field position we were instead defending our line. The other one was the lifting tackle call on Simonsen. If that is a penalty then there would be a dozen every week. Putting it on report was doubling down on a patently bad call.

Our forwards were dominated all game because they ran one out back into the teeth of the defence. It is clearly a strategy as we have been doing it for years but last night it just gave the Bunnies the chance to compress their line, get 3-4 in every tackle, drive us back and get a slow play of the ball. Rinse and repeat until Jack get's it on the 5th with no momentum and kicks it straight to a fullback or winger.

We clearly need to be prepared to play a bit more footy on early tackles but that is also dependent on having players in position and some shape to attack with but that rarely seems to happen and we just don't have the power runners in our back 5 to really bend the line consistently and get a quick play of the ball. They have speed, footwork and deception that can get us those metres but we need to be prepared to shift the ball early for that to happen.

More concerning to me is what is going on behind the scenes. Our success depended on everyone buying into the culture and working together and that doesn't seem to be happening at the moment and this can have a much bigger impact long term than skill errors that can be fixed comparatively easily.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Looks like no charges out of last nights game
Vaccinated
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

I didn't see the post so can't make any comment on it.

The thing I will say is all the signs are pointing one way at the moment and it is not positive.

We need to fix it and fix it fast.

Mind you, these things are rarely issues when you are winning, they can turn positive as fast as they went to pot.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

BJ wrote: April 30, 2021, 1:23 pm
GreenMachine wrote:Can't believe what i'm reading...wife can't have an opinion? An opinion shared by a lot of people around here too?
Of course tapine’s wife can have an opinion. But if she is prepared to go public, she has to be prepared for the public backlash. She also has to understand how her comments may negatively impact her husband.

I imagine many partners of Ministers/politicians would like to complain publicly about how the leader hasn’t given their partner the right opportunity, but they know to bite their tongue for the greater good of the team.
Again I didn't see the post so can't comment. But I am not going to insult the intelligence of Kirsten Tapine or any of the players partners by suggesting any of them are naive enough to believe that if they put something on social media people don't see it and talk about it.
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

Bay53 wrote: April 30, 2021, 2:00 pm
BJ wrote: April 30, 2021, 1:23 pm

Again I didn't see the post so can't comment. But I am not going to insult the intelligence of Kirsten Tapine or any of the players partners by suggesting any of them are naive enough to believe that if they put something on social media people don't see it and talk about it.
You'd think she'd be smarter.. or atleast he would be
twistedbydesign
Simon Woolford

Post by twistedbydesign »

pickles wrote: April 30, 2021, 1:45 pm
The two mystifying penalties to me were when CHN was penalised for having the audacity to tackle a player who had just taken a kick. Didn't hit him high or late just fell over him as he dived on the ground. On replay it looked like the ball was lost in the tackle but the penalty meant that instead of at worst, defending a set from good field position we were instead defending our line.
This penalty was called for the chasers being offside mate, nothing to do with the contact. I was sitting down the end so no idea if it was the correct call or not, but Cummins signaled that they were off and came with 10m.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

twistedbydesign wrote: April 30, 2021, 2:09 pm
pickles wrote: April 30, 2021, 1:45 pm
The two mystifying penalties to me were when CHN was penalised for having the audacity to tackle a player who had just taken a kick. Didn't hit him high or late just fell over him as he dived on the ground. On replay it looked like the ball was lost in the tackle but the penalty meant that instead of at worst, defending a set from good field position we were instead defending our line.
This penalty was called for the chasers being offside mate, nothing to do with the contact. I was sitting down the end so no idea if it was the correct call or not, but Cummins signaled that they were off and came with 10m.
That makes more sense, I'll find the incident to review if I can but if the ref had called them out then you can't argue with it whether it is right or wrong.
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

It will be very interesting to see how Ricky responds to EDIT and I am sure the club has spoken to them about it.

Yes they are entitled to their opinion but airing it publicly like that is a no win situation and EDIT

EDIT

At the end of the day Ricky is the coach and has a lot more experience and knowledge around football then they do and he is the boss.
How many players have sooked and said they want to play another position and then it turns out the coach was right?

At the end of the day EDIT they need to look after the club
Vaccinated
mobrulesall
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

Post by mobrulesall »

EDIT
lomax
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

Post by lomax »

The Nickman wrote: April 30, 2021, 10:29 am
Wiki Special wrote: April 30, 2021, 10:21 am What is she saying?
She had a public shot at Stick, essentially saying that blaming the ref is pointless when his bench use is "killing us", in particular to one "international forward" who warmed the bench for 50 minutes.
I think this shows the main problem, everyone is looking to put the blame on someone else. I think Joe should l at what he can control first, and get his game up to scratch before looking at blaming others.
hobbsy
Glenn Lazarus

Post by hobbsy »

How many degrees of separation do you have to have from a player before you're allowed to publicly criticise the coach like we do?
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

The bench rotations flatout stink and I don't care if its coming from a players wife/mother/talking dog I will agree with it. I am worried that the players are frustrated but its to be expected when we are losing.

I actually think its pointless to single out individual players. We have had literally every player to cop it from the GH this year either injured or dropped at some point and the problems remain the same. It is a structural issue
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

hobbsy wrote: April 30, 2021, 3:12 pm How many degrees of separation do you have to have from a player before you're allowed to publicly criticise the coach like we do?
I would say if you can be identified as a close friend or family member by your name, social media profile etc you should zip it.
I'm certain there are close friends/family members of players on here who do comment, thats ok cause here we can't be linked to specific people and are just your average punter with an opinion

Like someone else said it would look poor form for Albanese's wife having a dig at scomo but if she did it under a psydo name on a Daily Telegraph facebook post we are all happy
Vaccinated
Motiv8dan
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Bradley Clyde

Post by Motiv8dan »

Sigh, once again I am disappointed, at least we had some energy this week, it has been lacking for most of this season, I have been saying to a few mates that PAPA was not running with intent this year and something is not right. Something is definitely going on at Bruce Stadium..... Hopefully we can get some guys back on the field, play with some intent and show something to keep us hopeful for next year....
One day the Raiders and the Cats win the same year and make my head explode!!