Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: 2021 Rd 7 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by Botman »

Green Taipan wrote: April 24, 2021, 9:59 pm
afgtnk wrote: April 24, 2021, 9:38 pm
Botman wrote: April 24, 2021, 9:34 pm
Canberra Milk wrote: April 24, 2021, 9:32 pm Honestly this is some of the worst halves play I've ever seen. Absolutely no game awareness, football intelligence, any hint of a brain
They got all the ball they wanted tonight
What did they do it with it?

Troubling signs
They've got nothing to work with dude. Nothing.

Atrocious set of backs. No capable second receiver. Barely any movement. A coach who's seemingly bereft of any imagination or creativity in coaching our attack.
That's pretty much sums it up!
Na, it doesnt.
But we have problems across the 17. I quite like those halves so it's fine. But they got their chances tonight and if they had different surnames they'd be skewered
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Mickey_Raider wrote: April 24, 2021, 9:56 pm Goodness me the body language from Croker in the sheds is alarming. Head in hands. He looks absolutely despondent.
I remember Wighton looking like that, once. In 2016. He had that awful run of games at fullback and we were sure he was to be dropped. Then Croker sat down next to him in the sheds and told him simply, "I believe in you."

Who can do that now for our captain? I would - because I'll never stop believing in him - but I don't think it'd be a fan he needs to hear it from.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Raider of d Lost Ark »

Canberra Milk wrote:Mick Ennis: "Bailey Simonson missing" ImageImage
He did not say that did he?????
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Raider of d Lost Ark wrote: April 24, 2021, 10:03 pm
Canberra Milk wrote:Mick Ennis: "Bailey Simonson missing" ImageImage
He did not say that did he?????
Lol yep, when asked what's different with Raiders, he said CNK missing, Simonson missing
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

afgtnk wrote: April 24, 2021, 9:47 pm
Mickey_Raider wrote: April 24, 2021, 9:42 pm How the actual f**** do we go from apparent premiership contenders to a wooden spoon rabble in 15 days?

It’s mind boggling
We may have been bigged up as a premiership contender from the start, but we certainly have not looked or played like one at all this season.

This side is not winning a premiership this year.
The answer is John Bateman , take him out of 2019 and we don’t get to the big dance
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I thought we got the 'rub' in the first half, with quite a few 6again. It dried up in the second half and we struggled for momentum. Cows just wanted it more.

Is it time again for Ricky to sit back and let the playing group take the reins? We look like garbage on both sides of the ball. There's some individuals putting in some good efforts but we are not playing like a team.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
badonkadonk
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: CHICKA!

Post by badonkadonk »

Mickey_Raider wrote: April 24, 2021, 9:56 pm Goodness me the body language from Croker in the sheds is alarming. Head in hands. He looks absolutely despondent.
He knows he is gone 😢
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: April 24, 2021, 10:02 pm I unreservedly apologise for my comments on Jarrod Croker in the earlier post. They were inappropriate and distasteful, and I deserve the negative comments directed at me. I was very angry at the way we were playing and emotional, but that's no excuse. No Raiders player deserve those comments.
Fair play with that. We all get frustrated.
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

We dropped out our most creative 2 forwards ( hodgo and taps).. surprised we scored 24
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

We wouldn't have scored 12 if Hodgson played

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Luffto wrote: April 24, 2021, 9:48 pm Reckon we're that close to being a premiership team. Losing to a strong team like that away from home and only losing by two. We'll be right.
I love your enthusiasm but you are delusional; there are at least 6 teams better than NQ! We are not top 8 material!
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

radicalraider wrote: April 24, 2021, 10:06 pm We dropped out our most creative 2 forwards ( hodgo and taps).. surprised we scored 24
I honestly don't think Hodgo was dropped.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

raiderskater wrote: April 24, 2021, 10:03 pm
I remember Wighton looking like that, once. In 2016. He had that awful run of games at fullback and we were sure he was to be dropped. Then Croker sat down next to him in the sheds and told him simply, "I believe in you."

Who can do that now for our captain? I would - because I'll never stop believing in him - but I don't think it'd be a fan he needs to hear it from.
Delusional, seriously Croker needs a gentle tap on the shoulder, medical retirement, Powerball 80 million jackpot, whatever, he just can’t be picked again in the top 17
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

I thought 2017/2018 was bad. We were at least close to making the eight, and competitive in each game (losing by less than a try). This year is worse. Unlike 2014, when we pretty much had a wooden spoon squad, this year we have a top 4 squad, yet will be competing for the spoon.

I really think we'll do well to win another game this year with this squad playing like they are. People might think that's a bit over the top, but does anyone honestly think we can beat the Broncos and Bulldogs they way we are playing? I honestly think they'll beat us. Manly (who were puss) have Turbo back and look like world-beaters. We are genuine spoon material this year on current form.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

raiderskater wrote: April 24, 2021, 10:03 pm

I give you credit for believing...
But some things aren’t worth believing in...like Santa Claus, the Tooth fairy and Happy Endings...wait..like in the movies.

But seriously, he’s been a great servant to the club and I hope he is looked after.

But you must see he’s struggling...and not the type of struggle you recognise in a young player learning a new position... more like the pace of the game and physicality..
Johno
David Furner

Post by Johno »

afgtnk wrote: April 24, 2021, 8:59 pm
gangrenous wrote: April 24, 2021, 8:58 pm
afgtnk wrote:
gangrenous wrote: April 24, 2021, 8:55 pm
afgtnk wrote:Apparently CNK would've stopped that
Man up and take your L
Take my 'L'? Huh?

What on **** earth are you on about here
It means your loss. Own that you’re wrong. Everyone else knows it.
:lol:

Wrong about what?

You're an absolute **** clown. Barely anyone agrees with you, yet you act like you're speaking for the forum
I agree with him
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Begbie wrote: April 24, 2021, 10:06 pm
Hong Kong Raider wrote: April 24, 2021, 10:02 pm I unreservedly apologise for my comments on Jarrod Croker in the earlier post. They were inappropriate and distasteful, and I deserve the negative comments directed at me. I was very angry at the way we were playing and emotional, but that's no excuse. No Raiders player deserve those comments.
This time I went overboard and regret it. I've sailed close to the wind previously with comments on the refs and oppo players
I'm very sorry to the Raiders GH members for those comments.
I'll sin bin myself for a week.
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

Green Taipan wrote: April 24, 2021, 10:08 pm
Luffto wrote: April 24, 2021, 9:48 pm Reckon we're that close to being a premiership team. Losing to a strong team like that away from home and only losing by two. We'll be right.
I love your enthusiasm but you are delusional; there are at least 6 teams better than NQ! We are not top 8 material!
Is that a dubby, or am I dubbying?
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

Begbie wrote: April 24, 2021, 10:08 pm
radicalraider wrote: April 24, 2021, 10:06 pm We dropped out our most creative 2 forwards ( hodgo and taps).. surprised we scored 24
Go watch the press conference closer
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

I feel sad that it's gotten to this and I fully understand that a player like Sam Williams is not a game breaker or anything but...

I think he needs to come in next week for George Williams. We need a steady head who can steer a ship. Our halves are headless chooks and bloody abysmal.

We are poorly coached though this season so I do understand any more changes may well do SFA.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: April 24, 2021, 10:09 pm
Begbie wrote: April 24, 2021, 10:06 pm
This time I went overboard and regret it. I've sailed close to the wind previously with comments on the refs and oppo players
I'm very sorry to the Raiders GH members for those comments.
I'll sin bin myself for a week.
Respect that. Very ugly post but only a certain sort of person does what you have here.
Probably went over the top with the apology but please dont take a week off... this forum is built on people saying dumb, ****, intersting, smart, brilliant **** in the moment. I've personally done all of those and more. Some more than others, personal views will differ

You're all good.
Last edited by Botman on April 24, 2021, 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AJL
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by AJL »

I'm getting married the weekend we have the bye.
My fiancée is due to give birth in early August.
Will we win again before either of those things happen?
Canberra Raiders
Member No. 1130

Breeding Raiders members since 2010
Dimes
Peter Jackson

Post by Dimes »

Crazy talk

I think if a couple of tough decisions are made about who is in / out... they can turn it around this season

Not ready to go full doomer mode but I understand why other people are there
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

radicalraider wrote: April 24, 2021, 10:09 pm
'From last round? Maybe i wasn't reading between the lines.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

AJL wrote: April 24, 2021, 10:12 pm I'm getting married the weekend we have the bye.
My fiancée is due to give birth in early August.
Will we win again before either of those things happen?
Im married to a girl i met through this club. I wouldnt have the wonderful life i have without this club.
and still i say this... ignore it

Get married, enjoy your child. Come back next year, there is nothing for you in the 2021 season.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Isn’t it fun to be **** again.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

Yeah Hodgo was definitely dropped. Anyone that can read body language can see Stuart was fibbing when asked about it. So much so they later edited the vision of the press conference to training vision at that exact part, so you can't see Stuart's wry smirk when lying right to the cameras. I have no doubt Hodgo has some minor injury, but not bad enough for him to miss games. He was hooked.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Raider47 wrote: April 24, 2021, 10:10 pm I feel sad that it's gotten to this and I fully understand that a player like Sam Williams is not a game breaker or anything but...

I think he needs to come in next week for George Williams. We need a steady head who can steer a ship. Our halves are headless chooks and bloody abysmal.

We are poorly coached though this season so I do understand any more changes may well do SFA.
Agree - let's give Sammy a run and see what he can do. Trollolololol
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

Finchy wrote: April 24, 2021, 10:13 pm
Yeah Hodgo was definitely dropped. Anyone that can read body language can see Stuart was fibbing when asked about it. So much so they later edited the vision of the press conference to training vision at that exact part, so you can't see Stuart's wry smirk when lying right to the cameras. I have no doubt Hodgo has some minor injury, but not bad enough for him to miss games. He was hooked.
Fair enough. Got past me.
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Big of you, we are all hurting!
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Moderator note: If there is a post that has clearly broken forum guidelines, PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE IT. REPORT IT.

If you quote it... it multiplies the breach... and our work in moderating. The moderators will take appropriate action and warn or ban the poster.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

afgtnk wrote: April 24, 2021, 10:14 pm
Raider47 wrote: April 24, 2021, 10:10 pm I feel sad that it's gotten to this and I fully understand that a player like Sam Williams is not a game breaker or anything but...

Agree - let's give Sammy a run and see what he can do. Trollolololol

radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

I'd love to be optimistic about the near future with this side... but I just don't think we have the players to win this new faster comp..
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Raider47 wrote:I feel sad that it's gotten to this and I fully understand that a player like Sam Williams is not a game breaker or anything but...

Dropping G Williams isn't the answer. Ricky needs to tell him and Jack to straighten up the attack. Our outside backs aren't great, but they're made to look even worse when our structures are too sideways. If they're going to run so sideways, somebody needs to come back under the ball otherwise the defence just slides across and our centres and wingers are easy pickings. So many times tonight our whole structure was aimed diagonally (straight) towards the touchline.

Not sure what is going on with Jack. I would not be surprised at all if Ricky is in his head telling him to really focus on his ball playing this year ... instead of focusing on running the ball. In previous years he has instructed Jack to focus / develop different areas of his game - for example it was a focus to improve his kicking last year.

We all agree that our forward pack is a strength but is it? It's certainly not showing. I don't think the balance is right with our pack, our bench and the use of our bench.

Sam Williams cannot tackle to NRL standards.
Last edited by gerg on April 24, 2021, 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

I think i am kind of in shock that 2 weeks after being considered premiership contenders, as a defence mechanism, I am being forced to transition into "roll your eyes/laugh at how **** we are" mode ala 2013/14 after we lose.
Last edited by Mickey_Raider on April 24, 2021, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Up The Milk