Making the eight

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

BringinKris
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Sebastian Kris

Making the eight

Post by BringinKris »

Long-time viewer but first-time poster. Like everyone else I started the season full of hope, but now feel a little alarmed by what we have served up this year. I love and have faith in the team, but for the first time I am starting to worry about even making the 8 in 2021! I know there is a lot of water to go under the bridge, but am I panicking?

We are sitting on 3 wins, 3 losses (one of those heart-breaking) from six games. History tells us that we need about 12-13 wins from 24 matches to play finals. That means we need to win 10 from the next 18 games.

Our next 18 games are against Cowboys (A), Rabbitohs (H), Knights (Wagga), Bulldogs (Suncorp - magic round), Storm (H), Roosters (Perth), Broncos (H), Dragons (A), Titans (H), Sea Eagles (A), Sharks (H), Eels (A), Knights (A), Dragons (H), Storm (A), Sea Eagles (H), Warriors (A), Roosters (H)

SHOULD WIN - 6 games (predominantly at home against weaker teams; sadly we only play the Cowboys, Bulldogs and Broncos one time each)

Cowboys (A), Bulldogs (Suncorp - magic round), Broncos (H), Sharks (H), Dragons (H), Sea Eagles (H)

CHALLENGING GAMES - 8 games (middling teams, many away)

Knights (Wagga), Roosters (Perth), Dragons (A), Titans (H), Sea Eagles (A), Knights (A), Warriors (A), Roosters (H)

WILL STRUGGLE TO BEAT ON CURRENT FORM - 4 games (against top 3-4 teams)

Rabbitohs (H), Storm (H), Eels (A), Storm (A)

Assuming that we beat the teams we should beat and lose to the elite teams, that means that we need to win about 50% (4 from 8) of the remaining challenging games. The games against the Knights (x 2), the Dragons (x 2), the Sea Eagles (x 2) and the Warriors (x 1) will be season defining.

We need to add some strike asap.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: Making the 8

Post by Botman »

Good to see all these new members coming in hot. Love it.
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Re: Making the 8

Post by Old School Green »

Botman wrote: April 18, 2021, 9:34 pm Good to see all these new members coming in hot. Love it.
With very detailed and thorough submissions! Not as fun as burner accounts calling people #!?% though.
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: Making the eight

Post by -PJ- »

Season over..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Wow good post. Puts things in prospective. I said the other day, that we will be fighting the Titans for 8th spot

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

If Ricky get the bench right and starts to inject some youth and enthusiasm into both the back and the forwards. We still have the team to make top 4. The next 2 games are definitely winnable without Taumalolo this week and then without Mitchell the week after. Win those 2 and the ladder looks very different.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

kona_dream wrote: April 19, 2021, 8:18 am If Ricky get the bench right and starts to inject some youth and enthusiasm into both the back and the forwards. We still have the team to make top 4. The next 2 games are definitely winnable without Taumalolo this week and then without Mitchell the week after. Win those 2 and the ladder looks very different.
I agree with your sentiments. Some of us are just a bit scarred and cynical since we've watched Ricky piss seasons up the wall through stubborness before.

Welcome aboard OP- a positive thread! :hi