Cowboys 13+
19%

Total votes: 31

radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Re: 2020 Rd 7 V Cowboys: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by radicalraider »

Other than having a team full one dimensional players who lack creativity and skill as Well as being too predictable, we don't have a reliable kicker to get us out of trouble when we need it.

Kick quality /10 pass quality/10 creativity/10.
CNK 2/4/4
WIGHTON 4/3/4
GW 5/5/5
Hodgson 5/6/6
Starling 3/4/4
Havili 3/4/3
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Reading these posts is giving me a concussion

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

-TW- wrote: April 20, 2021, 8:33 pm Reading these posts is giving me a concussion

You have to sit out a week..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: April 20, 2021, 8:29 pm
radicalraider wrote: April 20, 2021, 7:58 pm 2022:
1. Aekins
2. Kris
3.CNK
4.gagai
5. Timoko
6.MILF
7.Reynolds
8.horse
9.Starling
10. Pap
11. Young
12. JACK WIGHTON
13. Tapine
14. HOG
15.CHN
16.SUTTON
17. GULER
18. JAMES
Squad overhaul required after 5+ years with current squad couldn't get it done.
Dally M 5/8 who kicks it out on the full every week... unheard of.. ever seen him throw a quality pass? He's just a strong runner chuck him in the backrow on an edge like wade graham was.. although even Graham has a better kick and pass... your all deluded by his Dally M big woop.. He only won it coz he stands out in a boring team.. even though cleary or gutho deserved it more.. oh preston Campbell won a Dally m too.. #mythofa6
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

-PJ- wrote:
-TW- wrote: April 20, 2021, 8:33 pm Reading these posts is giving me a concussion

You have to sit out a week..
See ya in a week then

Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

radicalraider wrote: April 20, 2021, 8:40 pm
1. Aekins
2. Kris
3.CNK
4.gagai
5. Timoko
6.MILF
7.Reynolds
8.horse
9.Starling
10. Pap
11. Young
12. JACK WIGHTON
13. Tapine
14. HOG
15.CHN
16.SUTTON
17. GULER
18. JAMES
Dally M 5/8 who kicks it out on the full every week... unheard of.. ever seen him throw a quality pass? He's just a strong runner chuck him in the backrow on an edge like wade graham was.. although even Graham has a better kick and pass... your all deluded by his Dally M big woop.. He only won it coz he stands out in a boring team.. even though cleary or gutho deserved it more.. oh preston Campbell won a Dally m too.. #mythofa6
Haha. I do agree he's struggling a bit this year. But Milford to supplant him? That's ludicrous.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

This is what happens when you post after the meds wear off.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: April 20, 2021, 8:47 pm
1. Aekins
2. Kris
3.CNK
4.gagai
5. Timoko
6.MILF
7.Reynolds
8.horse
9.Starling
10. Pap
11. Young
12. JACK WIGHTON
13. Tapine
14. HOG
15.CHN
16.SUTTON
17. GULER
18. JAMES
Haha. I do agree he's struggling a bit this year. But Milford to supplant him? That's ludicrous.
Look Milford if at the right price (3-400k) would add some creativity and x Factor that we're lacking... let's not all act like we weren't upset to see him go.. He saved us from a wooden spoon don't forget..
RE:WIGHTON: ever thought why he's struggling? It's because he's playing in a position that is demanding a role that is out of his skill level.. He would be better for longer in a running position.. FB, centre 2rf..
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

-TW- wrote:Reading these posts is giving me a concussion

Don’t worry, he’ll be banned again soon.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Gee Sticky sounded like he was fibbing at the presser re Hodgo's injury lol
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

radicalraider wrote: April 20, 2021, 8:50 pm
1. Aekins
2. Kris
3.CNK
4.gagai
5. Timoko
6.MILF
7.Reynolds
8.horse
9.Starling
10. Pap
11. Young
12. JACK WIGHTON
13. Tapine
14. HOG
15.CHN
16.SUTTON
17. GULER
18. JAMES
Look Milford if at the right price (3-400k) would add some creativity and x Factor that we're lacking... let's not all act like we weren't upset to see him go.. He saved us from a wooden spoon don't forget..
RE:WIGHTON: ever thought why he's struggling? It's because he's playing in a position that is demanding a role that is out of his skill level.. He would be better for longer in a running position.. FB, centre 2rf..
Last time Milford showed this creativity and X factor was 6 years ago. We've been to a Grand final and 2 preliminary finals since then.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

Northern Raider wrote: April 20, 2021, 10:03 pm
radicalraider wrote: April 20, 2021, 8:50 pm
Roger Kenworthy wrote: April 20, 2021, 8:29 pm Image
Last time Milford showed this creativity and X factor was 6 years ago. We've been to a Grand final and 2 preliminary finals since then.
At the right price Milford would be a good depth/bench player. He could absolutely make an impact of the bench. He probably has a couple of years left at him.

Just dont give him a lot of responsibility. That was the issue over the past years for him.
Andymachine
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley, Ruben Wiki

Post by Andymachine »

Canberra Milk wrote: April 20, 2021, 9:58 pm Gee Sticky sounded like he was fibbing at the presser re Hodgo's injury lol
I think the giveaway was the part where he said he strained his calf running backwards :roll:

"The game owes me nothing, I owe the game everything." - Alan Tongue
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Bit of a strange press conference. Ricky called it to get out of the way the discussion about the team but then refused to answer questions as to why he had made the decisions he had.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Bay53 wrote: April 20, 2021, 10:36 pm Bit of a strange press conference. Ricky called it to get out of the way the discussion about the team but then refused to answer questions as to why he had made the decisions he had.
I think it was more about having to speculate who was going to be selected. This way it's already known.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I wouldn't want Milford ever darkening our doors again. Not only did he completely disrespect our club, he is now not even playing at Queensland Cup level. And hasn't been for an age.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

I have to laugh when people suggest that we resign Milf from the wilderness. $300K to 400K? I don't think he's even worth $150K. He's like one of those overvalued growth technology stocks trading on NASDAQ at a multiple of 500 times earnings, and will not be profitable until 2025. Pls let West Tigers/Canterbury/Manly/St George/Warriors/GC sign him.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

At the right price, I would take Milford back in a heartbeat. I think I’m the right environment, he could still be a very handy player. The superstar I expected him to be maybe not, but a very good player, definitely.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

zim wrote: April 20, 2021, 10:52 pm
Bay53 wrote: April 20, 2021, 10:36 pm Bit of a strange press conference. Ricky called it to get out of the way the discussion about the team but then refused to answer questions as to why he had made the decisions he had.
I think it was more about having to speculate who was going to be selected. This way it's already known.
But the press conference was after the team had been released.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Tend to agree with bay53. I think at the right price Milford would be a handy buy.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

kiwi raider wrote:
Botman wrote: April 20, 2021, 8:19 pm
LastRaider wrote: April 20, 2021, 8:17 pm Does Croker train? Surely Hodgson calf muscle tear is contagious and could be picked up by CrokerImage

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Replaced by whom? Valaemi and HSS are injured. CNK is out. Simo is out. Hopoate too and even if he wasnt, he cant play until round 10. There really isnt anyone to bring in.
I think it saved him from being dropped. I really do. But there is not a lot of options left to the coach when he's got 5 outside backs unavailable for selection
Yea absolutely no options. We have 6 outside backs fit. Aekins, Rapana and 4 centres, i suppose we could go with a left edge combo of Dunamis Lui on the wing and Havili at centre?
So is Matt Timoko injured?

kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

LastRaider wrote: April 21, 2021, 7:27 am
kiwi raider wrote:
LastRaider wrote: April 20, 2021, 8:17 pm Does Croker train? Surely Hodgson calf muscle tear is contagious and could be picked up by CrokerImage

Replaced by whom? Valaemi and HSS are injured. CNK is out. Simo is out. Hopoate too and even if he wasnt, he cant play until round 10. There really isnt anyone to bring in.
I think it saved him from being dropped. I really do. But there is not a lot of options left to the coach when he's got 5 outside backs unavailable for selection
Yea absolutely no options. We have 6 outside backs fit. Aekins, Rapana and 4 centres, i suppose we could go with a left edge combo of Dunamis Lui on the wing and Havili at centre?

no he's one of the four fit centres .
Croker
Scott
Kris
Timoko

i would have been okay with him getting a crack but it doesn't sound like he's been setting the world on fire in reserves and we aleady have a heap of changes/new combinations, New Fullback, hooker, winger, new front row starting pair, as well as Papalii demoted, Tapine and soliola dropped, and two guys playing there first game of the year.
as poor as Croker and Scott were i can understand the coach not making another change and having another new combination.

If we do the business up front (thats what these changes are designed for imo) our edges should have a much easier time of it
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki

Post by Pete Cash »

BJ wrote: April 20, 2021, 7:26 pm The only conclusion I’ve drawn from the Tapine exclusion is it’s attitude and effort related. He certainly hasn’t run straight and hard the last fortnight.

Beating players by going sideways only works when the defenders think you are a good chance of going direct. This is an age old constant in Rugby League.
Against Penrith I agree he was poor but really against the Eels he "didnt run hard"

He made 114 m with 58 of them post contact. How is he consistently bending the line like that if hes not running hard ? I think he could be more involved (which is probably the message stick is trying to send or there are concerns about his defence after returning up in the North) but i highly disagree with anyone arguing he isn't running the ball hard enough. I think thats a perception around him kind of looking sleepy.

Find me a player in our team who gains post contact metres like Tapine ?
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

this is it. finally, this is the week. we will finally see a full 80 minutes without an uncharacteristic wighton kick out on the full
Dont delete this GE
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Pete Cash wrote: April 21, 2021, 8:27 am
BJ wrote: April 20, 2021, 7:26 pm The only conclusion I’ve drawn from the Tapine exclusion is it’s attitude and effort related. He certainly hasn’t run straight and hard the last fortnight.

Beating players by going sideways only works when the defenders think you are a good chance of going direct. This is an age old constant in Rugby League.
Against Penrith I agree he was poor but really against the Eels he "didnt run hard"

He made 114 m with 58 of them post contact. How is he consistently bending the line like that if hes not running hard ? I think he could be more involved (which is probably the message stick is trying to send or there are concerns about his defence after returning up in the North) but i highly disagree with anyone arguing he isn't running the ball hard enough. I think thats a perception around him kind of looking sleepy.

some teams love giving away post contact meters. in certain situations its just seen as a slow play the ball. successful offloads > post contact meters. id prefer he worked on that.
Dont delete this GE
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

This is a good place to avoid after consecutive losses.
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki

Post by Pete Cash »

simo wrote: April 21, 2021, 8:44 am

some teams love giving away post contact meters. in certain situations its just seen as a slow play the ball. successful offloads > post contact meters. id prefer he worked on that.
He had the fastest average PTB in the side against the eels at 2.88s

The way Tapine runs the ball has a very good chance of winning set restarts too. When we are starved of ball to the degree that we are this is useful
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

he's always going to make a few decent metres. he's big fast and good on his feet, basically the perfect prototype for a modern day forward.
His job is also to get on top of the likes of Fisher-Harris, Nathan Brown etc, not sit back go through the motions and rack up okay-goodish numbers, needs to fire up and take it to the opposition and be one of the best middles in the game like he is capable of
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Pete Cash wrote: April 21, 2021, 8:48 am
simo wrote: April 21, 2021, 8:44 am

He had the fastest average PTB in the side against the eels at 2.88s
yeah, the play the ball is fast between when held is called and he plays it. its the 4 slow steps forward where the defenders are just holding on to him, but allow slow forward progression so the ref doesnt call held that allows the defensive line to set and be ready to jump.
Dont delete this GE
KasparRaider
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Joe Tapine

Post by KasparRaider »

I wonder if it is just coincidence that since Paps and Tapine’s best mate Lui was dropped to reserve grade, their respective form and impact has been down.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

If Milford is the answer to anything, then were asking the wrong questions.
He's a wash and playing at his level right now.

After seeing the presser, I'm confident well get the win.
Looks like Stick just wanted to send a message to Tapine and Papalii (being our higher profile forwards).

Sia tries hard but our younger guys are rightfully selected having earned a recall.

As for our backs, I think our stocks are low, so very little room to make wholesale changes...
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

KasparRaider wrote: April 21, 2021, 9:30 am I wonder if it is just coincidence that since Paps and Tapine’s best mate Lui was dropped to reserve grade, their respective form and impact has been down.
I thought it was a similar coincidence. Soliola seems to be mates with them too. Maybe Stick is losing patience, or conversely losing influence, with that group. But then again, Havili seems tight with them and Sticky loves him

I actually think Havili has a great on-field combo with those boys, maybe due to their off-field mateship. Lui, Papa and Tarps just seem to roll forward when Havili is at 9
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

kiwi raider wrote: April 21, 2021, 7:42 am
LastRaider wrote: April 21, 2021, 7:27 am
kiwi raider wrote:

no he's one of the four fit centres .
Croker
Scott
Kris
Timoko

i would have been okay with him getting a crack but it doesn't sound like he's been setting the world on fire in reserves and we aleady have a heap of changes/new combinations, New Fullback, hooker, winger, new front row starting pair, as well as Papalii demoted, Tapine and soliola dropped, and two guys playing there first game of the year.
as poor as Croker and Scott were i can understand the coach not making another change and having another new combination.

If we do the business up front (thats what these changes are designed for imo) our edges should have a much easier time of it
Yeah, I think this is an accurate assessment of the changes. If Bailey was fit, we might've seen Kris replace Curtis or Croker but, with him out, it was one change too many.

I actually think the real pressure is on the halves. The forwards have been given a rocket, the outside backs are on notice, and Hodgo has been blamed for stifling the halves. I've got no doubt the pack will come out all guns blazing this week and we know Starling will be delivering early ball.

Now we get to see whether Jack and George can organise our attack and dominate the game with their kicking. I sincerely hope they do but I am in the camp that believes Hodgo hasn't been (entirely) the problem with their lack of form. I also believe we need all three in the side to win the comp.
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

KasparRaider wrote: April 21, 2021, 9:30 am I wonder if it is just coincidence that since Paps and Tapine’s best mate Lui was dropped to reserve grade, their respective form and impact has been down.
You could be onto something here..
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Bay53 wrote: April 21, 2021, 6:43 am At the right price, I would take Milford back in a heartbeat. I think I’m the right environment, he could still be a very handy player. The superstar I expected him to be maybe not, but a very good player, definitely.
If he had half a good season you could bet he'd be agitating for a release to return to Queensland. Not worth it, time has moved on.