19%

Total votes: 31

Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Re: 2020 Rd 7 V Cowboys: Teams and Previews

Post by Wiki Special »

radicalraider wrote: April 19, 2021, 8:49 pm
Botman wrote: April 19, 2021, 8:41 pm if Kent is talking ****, you know Stuart is steaming on the performances

This changes my expectations for tomorrow. He's an emotional decision maker, i was pretty sure he was going to give the bulk of the 17 another crack before swinging the axe, now im thinking there is a real chance the axe comes now.
I hope he does but I don't think he will. He'll never drop Croker hodgo or Sia
Going on past observations of Ricky Stuart's coaching I think we'll see a couple of changes tomorrow but the majority of last weeks poor performers will get the chance to redeem themselves. He'll be looking for them to respond to the public criticism.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Botman wrote:if Kent is talking ****, you know Stuart is steaming on the performances

This changes my expectations for tomorrow. He's an emotional decision maker, i was pretty sure he was going to give the bulk of the 17 another crack before swinging the axe, now im thinking there is a real chance the axe comes now.
That’s wishful thinking

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

LastRaider wrote: April 19, 2021, 9:41 pm That’s wishful thinking
Story of my raiders fandom.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

RedRaider wrote:Raiders_Pat, in Sticky's presser after the Eels game, he was kicking himself that we didn't have a bench player who can play in the backline so that he doesn't have to put a backrower there and shuffle everyone around. It ruined our defensive structure and the Eels focused on players in unfamiliar positions having to make defensive decisions. I think he will have a back on the bench and I reckon it will be Kris. For mine Kris would be in the starting 13 with Timoko on the bench. I reckon Kris is our form three quarter in 2021 and form should count. The Panthers did the same to us the prior week. I don't reckon Sticky will make that selection error again this week.
I'm with you, Kris and Timoko in for scott and Havili.
I also agree with Matt on whitehead/young/tapine/CHN.

If Simmo is out I'd look at Timoko on the wing.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Here you go:

Interferes and overplays’: Hodgson accused of blunting Raiders’ ‘potency’

Josh Hodgson’s role in Canberra’s attack has been called into question after the Raiders slumped to a third loss of the season against Parramatta on Saturday night.

Raiders coach Ricky Stuart called said he was “embarrassed” by the efforts of his side against the Eels and put his team on notice in an emotional press conference.

“There’s a number of individuals who are letting the team down and once they understand the hard cold truth of it all, and or I’ve got to find someone else,” Stuart said.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... ed1048bb36
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Timoko is a centre. Not sure if I've ever seen his feet leave the ground.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Botman wrote:
LastRaider wrote: April 19, 2021, 9:41 pm That’s wishful thinking
Story of my raiders fandom.
I know your pain

radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Is Scott our worst ever signing ?
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

Gus on 100% footy also saying our attack improved when Hodgson got injured...
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Phil Rothfield suggested on NRL 360 that Hudson Young, Joe Tapine and Curtis Scott are the players Ricky Stuart had in mind in his comments.

I think this proves that Rothfield is wrong at least 66 per cent of the time.
tommyhud9
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by tommyhud9 »

No matter the side Ricky names tomorrow I think we will absolutely flog the Cowboys on Saturday.

Panned in the media and by the coach for the first time in years, we get to respond against a bottom 4 team.

I think we have a lot of issues but we may just take all our frustrations out on Saturday.
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

greeneyed wrote: April 19, 2021, 10:53 pm Phil Rothfield suggested on NRL 360 that Hudson Young, Joe Tapine and Curtis Scott are the players Ricky Stuart had in mind in his comments.

To be fair none of those 3 were good, you might have a small case for Tapine. I believe the list is bigger than that which should include the coach!
Rick
Steve Walters

Post by Rick »

radicalraider wrote:Is Scott our worst ever signing ?
I don’t know why he was rushed back so quickly after his injury? Was he playing underdone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

You’ve completely lost your mind, Matt Orford takes that mantle alone.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

radicalraider wrote: April 19, 2021, 10:41 pm Is Scott our worst ever signing ?
No.
Find a replay of Raiders v Titans..2nd April 2011 @ Canberra Stadium.

The worst signing in the clubs history is wearing #7.

Doesn’t 10yrs fly by ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

He is pretty close behind Orford. No doubt Bellamy set Ricky up there - hook, line and sinker

Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Craig Frawley was pretty bad, even though he looked good while fit
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

radicalraider wrote: April 19, 2021, 10:44 pm Gus on 100% footy also saying our attack improved when Hodgson got injured...
As backed up by the flood of points...
Dont delete this GE
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley

Post by Canberra Milk »

We weren't amazing in attack without Hodgo, but we had a bit of a formula at least... Havili to roll up the middle with the forwards, then Starling to come on and ask some questions around the middle. We were still crap in the opposition 20 but Wighton had free rein to run the ball, which masked a lot

I agree Botman, those comments give me a sliver of hope that maybe axe will fall today

Was Tapine that bad?? I can't remember. I did notice he came back on very late, when the game was gone, maybe an indicator Stick wasn't happy with his first stint
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

radicalraider wrote: April 19, 2021, 10:41 pm Is Scott our worst ever signing ?
I don’t really like these discussions. But considering the tide against which it flowed had been a brilliant one for 6 or so years it really stands out doesn’t it.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

radicalraider wrote: April 19, 2021, 11:16 pm
greeneyed wrote: April 19, 2021, 10:53 pm Phil Rothfield suggested on NRL 360 that Hudson Young, Joe Tapine and Curtis Scott are the players Ricky Stuart had in mind in his comments.

To be fair none of those 3 were good, you might have a small case for Tapine. I believe the list is bigger than that which should include the coach.
Rothfield had now idea and virtually admitted he was guessing. Would be harsh if Ricky put Tapine in that category. He only played 40 mins and still led the team in post contact metres. 117m total running and 27 tackles. That's a decent performance and I'd argue he wasn't on the field long enough.

Hudson Young was conspicuous with his missed tackles in the 2nd half. Needs to be factored in that he also made 50 tackles so I'd suggest there was a fatigue factor in there. Also notable he didn't take many hit ups in the 2nd half after a strong showing to start the game. With his production and efficacy falling away so dramatically you would argue he shouldn't be playing 80 mins. That makes another case for having CHN and/or Kris on the bench to give him a spell.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley

Post by Canberra Milk »

Worst ever signing is Toots for 4 more years... or Campo for 5??
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Raiders_Pat wrote: April 19, 2021, 6:23 pm Somebody has probably already named this team but after a bit of thought I think this is what I'm hoping to see tomorrow taking in to account the fact that we likely won't see big changes:
1. Aekins
2. Simonsson
3. Croker
4. Scott
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Williams
8. Papalii
9. Hodgson
10. Tapine
11. Whitehead
12. Harawira-Naera
13. Young

14. Starling
15. Sutton
16. Guler
17. Horsburgh

18. Kris

I said last week that we don't have room to play Starling because Hodgson is an 80min hooker but he's proving each week that he's not. He doesn't seem fit enough to play the full 80min under the current rules and I think that has an effect on his decision making. I would start Starling for around 25-30min then bring Hodgson on. That's a change that can be made without majorly adapting our game plan that I think will allow us to address the speed of the current game better. It seems that most teams are playing with two hookers now anyway. Switch Simonsson to the left and Rapana to the right with Simonsson, Croker and Scott all on notice to lift. Although I'd like to see Stuart replace Croker or Scott with Kris, I just don't see it happening at the moment. I would also have Harawira-Naera on the left and Whitehead on the right. With the middles I've named, none should need to play more than 50min a game as those guys should have the fitness, mobility and experience to get the job done if we don't overwork them. The game has moved on from the older guys such as Soliola and Lui. They need to be seen as injury cover and you would only want one of them included in the 17 at a time. Havili is 18th man material for his versatility but it's a waste to carry him on the bench as a middle. The younger middle forwards have enough NRL experience now... we don't particularly need the older guys for leadership qualities.

Edit: I left Ryan James out... would probably have him in the team for Horsburgh.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Northern Raider wrote: April 20, 2021, 9:30 am
radicalraider wrote: April 19, 2021, 11:16 pm

To be fair none of those 3 were good, you might have a small case for Tapine. I believe the list is bigger than that which should include the coach.
Rothfield had now idea and virtually admitted he was guessing. Would be harsh if Ricky put Tapine in that category. He only played 40 mins and still led the team in post contact metres. 117m total running and 27 tackles. That's a decent performance and I'd argue he wasn't on the field long enough.

Hudson Young was conspicuous with his missed tackles in the 2nd half. Needs to be factored in that he also made 50 tackles so I'd suggest there was a fatigue factor in there. Also notable he didn't take many hit ups in the 2nd half after a strong showing to start the game. With his production and efficacy falling away so dramatically you would argue he shouldn't be playing 80 mins. That makes another case for having CHN and/or Kris on the bench to give him a spell.
jesus Young made 50 tackles on the edge? not many edge players do that, shows Parramatta really honed in on that side with a regigged backline.
No wonder he missed a few.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Team List Tuesday, lads! Is anyone else super pumpep to see the same 17 named as last week, only with Kris in the 14 instead of Starling??
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

The Nickman wrote: April 20, 2021, 9:58 am Team List Tuesday, lads! Is anyone else super pumpep to see the same 17 named as last week, only with Kris in the 14 instead of Starling??
It’s what we’re all expecting no doubt.

He may call up RJames and give someone a rest.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

2020 Rd 7 V Cowboys: Teams and Previews

Post by LastRaider »

The Nickman wrote:Team List Tuesday, lads! Is anyone else super pumpep to see the same 17 named as last week, only with Kris in the 14 instead of Starling??
You got it

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Just under 6hrs till TLT.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

The Nickman wrote: April 20, 2021, 9:58 am Team List Tuesday, lads! Is anyone else super pumpep to see the same 17 named as last week, only with Kris in the 14 instead of Starling??
Is that today?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Fully expecting the usual scape goats to be subbed out for Kris, James and possibly CHN.
Ricky won't make the changes he actually needs to make - like axing Croker and starting Hodgson off the bench.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ricky Stuart press conference to be held at 4:15pm today, so expect news in Teamlist Tuesday. Could also reflect the fact that the captain's run will be held in Townsville... and he normally does his weekly press conference on the morning of that day.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

greeneyed wrote: April 20, 2021, 10:40 am Ricky Stuart press conference to be held at 4:15pm today, so expect news in Teamlist Tuesday. Could also reflect the fact that the captain's run will be held in Townsville... and he normally does his weekly press conference on the morning of that day.
A press conference booked in for 15 minutes post naming of teams.

I’m a bit nervous about that tbh.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Oh boy! A press conference to announce that Kris will be playing 14 instead of Starling and everyone else is "on notice"!
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

Premiership
Window
Closed.
Was
the
Year.
we had a soft draw and should of beaten Melbourne. I stayed at the same hotel as the players ( Pullman on the park) and met the players pre and post game. Gave Edrick Lee a look he won't forget. Than went down to crown in a cab at 2am with Boyd to meet Whitehead and BJ who were on the pokies slapping 8.40 hits on lucky 88 machine.
That night I knew we blew a premiership.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

radicalraider wrote: April 20, 2021, 10:50 am Premiership
Window
Closed.
Was
the
Year.
we had a soft draw and should of beaten Melbourne. I stayed at the same hotel as the players ( Pullman on the park) and met the players pre and post game. Gave Edrick Lee a look he won't forget. Than went down to crown in a cab at 2am with Boyd to meet Whitehead and BJ who were on the pokies slapping 8.40 hits on lucky 88 machine.
That night I knew we blew a premiership.
Even if Canberra won that game Croker and Leilua were gone for the GF and I don’t think they would have been replaced adequately. Might be incorrect but the potential replacements would have had to have been picked from Brenko Lee, Zac Santo and Jarred Kennedy.

I too think that was the clubs best chance. It’s when they were fresh, new and scary for opposition teams. They relied so much on Leipana and the quick roll up field and finishing off every half chance that I don’t think they would have been able to cope without the centres.