Canberra Raiders fume over $10,000 fine for trainer

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Canberra Raiders fume over $10,000 fine for trainer

Post by greeneyed »

All I'm doing is supporting my football team. I've done nothing that Don Furner and Ricky Stuart have not done in the last couple of days. Exactly the same points are being made in stories in The Canberra Times tonight.

I've had vile language thrown in my direction for doing it in this thread... as well as being called a sook. I suppose that's better than the other term used.

Who put you blokes in charge of the Committee for Acceptable Canberra Raiders Support and operate as the supporting police?
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

greeneyed wrote: April 16, 2021, 6:26 pm All I'm doing is supporting my football team. I've done nothing that Don Furner and Ricky Stuart have not done in the last couple of days. Exactly the same points are being made in stories in The Canberra Times tonight.

I've had vile language thrown in my direction for doing it in this thread... as well as being called a sook. I suppose that's better than the other term used.

Who put you blokes in charge of the Committee for Acceptable Canberra Raiders Support and operate as the supporting police?
I wouldn't worry GE ...It's the same old knobs pushing the same old agendas.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

As opposed to the NRL and Refs hate us agenda this place has been pedalling forever?

Didnt know this was a group think society

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

I would love to see the Raiders one up the Panthers and celebrate our first try tomorrow 1000% over the top like the panthers do. Just go all out obvious like we just won a gf. Maybe even grab a couple of bench players to get involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Rick wrote: April 16, 2021, 7:00 pm I would love to see the Raiders one up the Panthers and celebrate our first try tomorrow 1000% over the top like the panthers do. Just go all out obvious like we just won a gf. Maybe even grab a couple of bench players to get involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or we could just focus on getting the two points.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

Imagine thinking Raiders fans are the only ones who think the NRL and Refs are against them :cmon
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

-TW- wrote: April 16, 2021, 6:55 pm As opposed to the NRL and Refs hate us agenda this place has been pedalling forever?

There is a difference between expressing different views and name calling and abuse. And the latter is what I've copped tonight.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

greeneyed wrote: April 16, 2021, 8:06 pm
-TW- wrote: April 16, 2021, 6:55 pm As opposed to the NRL and Refs hate us agenda this place has been pedalling forever?

There is a difference between expressing different views and name calling and abuse. And the latter is what I've copped tonight.
Some people just need to be right all the time :cmon
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

greeneyed wrote:

From who? I certainly haven't directed anything at you. Just the general sooking of this thread

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Haha who’s abusing you?
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

There was a definite "pal" thrown GE's way. Where did that rank on your scale again Nickman? Above or below champ?
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I’ve removed some posts... I’m not going sit back and accept abuse using foul language just because I’m a moderator.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Cause you're a moderator? What?

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

What I am saying is that I’ve often just accepted being abused on this forum, because I’m a moderator. And I’ve had enough of that. If I’m subject to abuse I’m not going to leave the posts sitting there.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

-TW- wrote: April 16, 2021, 8:15 pm
greeneyed wrote:

From who? I certainly haven't directed anything at you. Just the general sooking of this thread

So when you quoted my post and responded with...

“Keep yelling into the sooky echo chamber, pal”

you weren’t directing that at me. I don’t accept that.

I’m saying the way you respond to me is not OK. You often respond to me in this way. I don’t deserve to be treated like that and I’m going to call it out.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Okay you do that, cause what I said is fact. This forum is an echo chamber, and if you challenge the status quo people have a cry.

And it's a bit rich from you after claiming people have "character flaws" cause they don't agree with you.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

-TW- wrote: April 16, 2021, 10:20 pm Okay you do that, cause what I said is fact. This forum is an echo chamber, and if you challenge the status quo people have a cry.

And it's a bit rich from you after claiming people have "character flaws" cause they don't agree with you.
My comments have nothing to do with people expressing their opinions or "challenging the status quo". I am not even sure what the status quo is, given the wide variety of opinions in the forum. Either way, I'm more than happy to have a discussion, a debate, to pose argument.

But what I'm saying is that the way you respond to me is not OK. I've already pointed out why. I’m not even going to engage with some others... given language they’ve used.

You have a habit of misrepresenting me, and here's another case of it. I've never said anyone has character flaws because they disagree with me.

I was the person being told I had a "character flaw" because I was expressing an opinion someone disagreed with. I was told it was OK to use that term because "we all have character flaws", and the poster concerned said he had character flaws. All I said subsequently was that I'm not worried if someone on the internet decides I have a “character flaw”... because I was happy with the opinion I'd expressed and was not concerned if the opinion wasn't popular with people with their own character flaws.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I genuinely think you’re taking light-hearted banter here and equating it with abuse, hey
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

You get 14 day bans and comments deleted for banter in these parts.

Best watch what you say. If a person decides to make up connotations due to their poor upbringing and horrible personal nature but are related to players you get banished even if your post hasn't crossed guidelines.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Change the record, champ. We've all heard this song before.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

T_R wrote:Change the record, champ. We've all heard this song before.

I'm offended by that. Don't call me "champ", pal. That's derogatory to my poor soul.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

You're literally in repeats here

You need new material.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Hahaha Lucy, you got banned from Facebook because you were trolling the whole group for weeks with your “Rocky Stewart” garbage, nothing else

Mate, even I could see that haha
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Back on topic please.
This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

There should be some bans emanating from this abhorrent behaviour, really disgusting abuse here.
This place is woke.
Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

The Nickman wrote:Hahaha Lucy, you got banned from Facebook because you were trolling the whole group for weeks with your “Rocky Stewart” garbage, nothing else

Mate, even I could see that haha
Rocky Stewart is the best coach. Prove me wrong.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Raiders are no angels: Moments that show attack on ‘arrogant’ Panthers is off the mark

Few would argue that Stephen Crichton hauling Joseph Tapine into Penrith’s post-try celebrations last week lacked class. But the narrative that it was a reflection of an arrogance problem at the Panthers has not gone down well at the foot of the mountains.

But what’s been lost in the well-edited lowlight reel of Penrith’s questionable moments is that it was Raiders skipper Jarrod Croker who started the melee, pushing Liam Martin as he ran in to celebrate the try scored by Charlie Staines.

Read more: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/raider ... 57k80.html
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Clutching at straws a bit there. Liam Martin barged passed Croker to celebrate the try and admittedly Croker reacted poorly by giving him a shove. Both players put on a couple more shoves and it was done. It most definitely did not start the melee. That was from Crichton inexplicably grabbing Tapine around the neck and pulling him into the Panthers group hug.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

That article came straight from the Penrith Panthers media department.

Ryan James pushes the Penrith player in the head because he changed his line to interfere with James.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

I can't wait to play them again!

The panthers are like 5 yr olds snapping back at mummy

Let it go lol
Vaccinated
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

cat wrote: April 19, 2021, 3:27 pm I can't wait to play them again!

Let it go lol
Last I checked the score was 30-10.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Along with Dunamis Lui not being picked, who we have a 100% record with when he is and 0% without, I blame the trainer incident for rattling the boys and putting us off our game leading into the Eels match.
Last edited by afgtnk on April 19, 2021, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

The Nickman wrote: April 19, 2021, 3:31 pm
cat wrote: April 19, 2021, 3:27 pm I can't wait to play them again!

Let it go lol
Last I checked the score was 30-10.
Thats the thing. All they needed was the old "look at the scoreboard". They didn't need to get drawn deeper into it.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Am I the only one who has never heard of a "Mug Lair" before this game?
All this time, I've been thinking its been a repeated Liar typo
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

afgtnk wrote: April 19, 2021, 3:33 pm Along with Dunamis Lui not being picked, who we have a 100% record with when he is amd 0% without, I blame the trainer incident for rattling the boys and putting us off our game leading into the Eels match.
Agreed. Stuart dropping Lui when we were 2/2 is looking like being a critical error and a turning point in the season.

Look at how many points we've let in over the last two weeks especially in his absence. Coincidence?? I think not!