All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Re: Canberra Raiders fume over $10,000 fine for trainer

Post by afgtnk »

The Nickman wrote: April 19, 2021, 3:42 pm
afgtnk wrote: April 19, 2021, 3:33 pm Along with Dunamis Lui not being picked, who we have a 100% record with when he is amd 0% without, I blame the trainer incident for rattling the boys and putting us off our game leading into the Eels match.
Agreed. Stuart dropping Lui when we were 2/2 is looking like being a critical error and a turning point in the season.

Look at how many points we've let in over the last two weeks especially in his absence. Coincidence?? I think not!
3/3 actually The Nickman, man. We haven't won without Dunamis Lui this season.

It's complete stubborn bloody-mindedness to say that our issues go beyond Dunamis Lui not being selected.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

afgtnk wrote: April 19, 2021, 3:46 pm
The Nickman wrote: April 19, 2021, 3:42 pm
afgtnk wrote: April 19, 2021, 3:33 pm Along with Dunamis Lui not being picked, who we have a 100% record with when he is amd 0% without, I blame the trainer incident for rattling the boys and putting us off our game leading into the Eels match.
Agreed. Stuart dropping Lui when we were 2/2 is looking like being a critical error and a turning point in the season.

Look at how many points we've let in over the last two weeks especially in his absence. Coincidence?? I think not!
3/3 actually The Nickman, man. We haven't won without Dunamis Lui this season.

It's complete stubborn bloody-mindedness to say that our issues go beyond Dunamis Lui not being selected.
Completely agree. I thought that at the time when he was dropped and I haven't seen any evidence to the contrary to contradict this assertion.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Dunamis gets that quick play the ball that allows papa to do his best work, Guler/Horse/James need to learn how to get Papa rolling

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

bonehead wrote: April 19, 2021, 3:54 pm Dunamis gets that quick play the ball that allows papa to do his best work, Guler/Horse/James need to learn how to get Papa rolling

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Lui is also rock-solid in defence and our defence is noticeably struggling now. He's a BIG out.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Here are the facts: we are conceding an average of only 8.66 points per game when Lui plays, and 33 when he doesn't. Thirty-three.

How are people deadset not seeing this?? It's complete stubborn bloody-mindedness.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I'm converted

Save us Dunas

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

That Michael Chammas article is one of the most twisted and bizarre newspaper articles I’ve read in quite some time. Did Ivan Cleary hack the journalist’s logon???

He even goes back to Matt Elliot raising the issue of the Storms wrestling way back in 2003 to highlight the Raiders strong influence over NRL media outlets. Surprised we didn’t hear about it all starting with Chris O’Sullivans high tackle on Penrith’s Kevin Dann in 1982. Some of the examples of the Raiders beginning all the issues in the match are very fanciful.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

‘Where’s the character in that?’ Buzz, Kenty clash over Panthers antics

Penrith’s arrogance has been front and centre in the rugby league news cycle ever since a melee erupted in their win over the Canberra Raiders.

And it let to even more heated debate on NRL360 on Fox League on Monday night between regular sparring partners Paul Kent and Phil ‘Buzz’ Rothfield.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 404c5acf8f