Eels 13+
14%

Total votes: 14

Leebola
Brett Mullins

Re: 2021 Rd 6 V Eels: Game Day

Post by Leebola »

mobrulesall wrote: April 19, 2021, 10:13 am
Leebola wrote: April 18, 2021, 2:50 pm Does Aekins have a passing game? Could he be put on a wing and play wing in defence (when CNK comes back) and fullback in attack?
He seems undersized for the wing no?
6 foot and 93 kgs according to his Raiders bio. Not Fergo sized, but bigger than Foxxy.
Leebola
Brett Mullins

Post by Leebola »

BadnMean wrote: April 19, 2021, 11:32 am
mobrulesall wrote: April 19, 2021, 10:13 am
Leebola wrote: April 18, 2021, 2:50 pm Does Aekins have a passing game? Could he be put on a wing and play wing in defence (when CNK comes back) and fullback in attack?
He seems undersized for the wing no?
I don't get this sudden surge to place Aekins on the wing. He had a serviceable game at FB but he's smaller than our current wingers, no faster than Rapana and doesn't have next level footwork or anything. He's just a solid backup FB.

We've got Semi already blooded and did some good things, Timoko (if we want to makeshift) and Hoppa (if we wait until round 10).

I've grown a bit tired of Simo not offering a lot but our first port of call should simply be to place our fastest winger (Simo) on the side we create the most chances and with our best ball players (Toots and Whitehead) to pass him into space and put Rapana back on the right where he has a hope.
Seems good enough for first grade, but won't be replacing CNK. Just spit-balling...
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I thought one of the positives from the game was Aekins. He seems fast, enthusiastic, safe under the high ball, sniffing around the ruck a lot, positive in attack. I like him.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

raiderskater wrote:I thought one of the positives from the game was Aekins. He seems fast, enthusiastic, safe under the high ball, sniffing around the ruck a lot, positive in attack. I like him.
yes agreed, we are relying too hard on our fb though he was gone with 25mins to go

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

yeh raiders wrote: April 16, 2021, 1:09 pm How the **** is Ben Cummins still refereeing first grade football.
Just played the 2019 GF on foxtel this arvo. Ben Cummins sure has a hide, defending that decision. How he is still allowed to referee after that blunder is anyone's guess. Still raw. Still very interested to see what he has to say about it all - but we will neve know.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

As much as I blame Cummins for that, I also blame Sutton (he was the other ref right?).

Neither of them had the sense to go “look an error was made and 6 again was called and then changed. We need to reset the play - sorry.”

Same thing with the touchie flag against the sharks a few years back.

I’m still very bitter about all of it, and would love to hear Annesley (away from cameras) admit they screwed the pooch completely. I’m unsure he would though, given they really did nothing meaningful to prevent repeat issues.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

I just wish they'd release the vision they have that conclusively shows that it missed Tedesco but hit Bailey. I can live with the on field error to be honest but don't understand why they haven't shown the vision that apparently conclusively shows the Sutton overrule was right. If it was American sports ESPN would have had multiple angles 1 minute after fulltime on their broadcast.
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

The thing is, have you ever seen six again called and then retracted in any game? Not I. Just in the dying stages of a tied-up grand final. Admit your error and apologies, Cummins, Sutton and Annesley.
BJ123
Noa Nadruku
Favourite Player: Chicka

Post by BJ123 »

Begbie wrote:The thing is, have you ever seen six again called and then retracted in any game? Not I. Just in the dying stages of a tied-up grand final. Admit your error and apologies, Cummins, Sutton and Annesley.
Yep it’s not a call you can change mid play.

It’s like the cricket umpire calling a No ball off the spinner and then changing his mind after the batsman was caught trying to slog the ball.

I’m still unhappy about 2019. Roosters were off their game and we were on.

There were a number of calls and particularly non calls that went against the Raiders that night. The replays I’ve seen make it look like it hit Tedesco and then Simo. Cummins had a much better view than the TV cameras and the other officials.

Lots of non Raiders fans mates of mine still mention we were robbed of a GF win.
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

I sent an email to the NRL about Cummins curious decision. I stated that a 6 again call had never been given and then recalled in the history of the nrl except for the dying stages of a gf.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I’m assuming they never came back to you? At least not with a meaningful response.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Heck of an effort for that ball to get to where it did without touching Tedesco. Borderline defying gravity.
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

gangrenous wrote: December 20, 2021, 6:00 am I’m assuming they never came back to you? At least not with a meaningful response.
Annesly is normally pretty good at getting back to me to be fair. But i didnt receive a reply about the cummins blunder in the grand final. Im still waiting for someone to tell me why Cummins waited for the dying stages of a grand final to reverse a six again call for the first time in his 15 year career.
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

Cummins should have been sent to rot after that game. I cant believe he still has a job.