Eels 13+
14%

Total votes: 14

Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Re: 2021 Rd 6 V Eels: Game Day

Post by Elcaptcroker »

Hahah i love this place after a hard loss, it always brings out the doomsdayers that go quiet for months start running around. GH keep doing you haha.

Is radicalraider going for the record for the most post in 12 hours? Glad hes not the coach, hes changed his team team that many times in the last 10 hours, hed name his team tuesday then will change it ever 5 hours before the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Embarassing, and starting to look terminal.
This place is woke.
Bigcheese
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: The Volcano

Post by Bigcheese »

I understand the frustrations and feel the same way. I still think Ricky is the man though.

Simmo, Croker, Rapana, Sia and Havili need to go. I’m willing to give Scott a little longer.

Unfortunately our NSW cup side isn’t setting the world on fire. I haven’t watched any of the games but just had a look at the ladder, results and stats. Raiders players don’t feature in any of the positive stats. For ineffective tackles we do have Medlyn and Horse leading the way though. Personally i don’t think Horse is going to kick on and wouldn’t have him in the team.

1. Aekins.
2. Valemei.
3. Kris.
4. Scott.
5. Rapana until someone else stands up.
6. Wighton.
7. Williams.
8. Papalii.
9. Hodgson.
10. Sutton.
11. CHN.
12. Whitehead.
13. Tapine.

14. Starling.
15. Young.
16. James.
17. Guler.
mobrulesall
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Andrew McFadden

Post by mobrulesall »

Elcaptcroker wrote: April 18, 2021, 9:11 am Hahah i love this place after a hard loss, it always brings out the doomsdayers that go quiet for months start running around. GH keep doing you haha.

Is radicalraider going for the record for the most post in 12 hours? Glad hes not the coach, hes changed his team team that many times in the last 10 hours, hed name his team tuesday then will change it ever 5 hours before the game.

His idea of moving Wighton to lock is not the answer hahahah
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Bigcheese wrote: April 18, 2021, 9:21 am I understand the frustrations and feel the same way. I still think Ricky is the man though.

Simmo, Croker, Rapana, Sia and Havili need to go. I’m willing to give Scott a little longer.

Unfortunately our NSW cup side isn’t setting the world on fire. I haven’t watched any of the games but just had a look at the ladder, results and stats. Raiders players don’t feature in any of the positive stats. For ineffective tackles we do have Medlyn and Horse leading the way though. Personally i don’t think Horse is going to kick on and wouldn’t have him in the team.
The only NSW Cup game I've seen was a 34-10 loss to Mounties. A team made up of players who aren't good enough for 1st grade at the Bulldogs. Didn't look like a bunch on guys banging the door down to make our NRL team.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Elcaptcroker
David Grant

Post by Elcaptcroker »

mobrulesall wrote:
Elcaptcroker wrote: April 18, 2021, 9:11 am Hahah i love this place after a hard loss, it always brings out the doomsdayers that go quiet for months start running around. GH keep doing you haha.

His idea of moving Wighton to lock is not the answer hahahah
His idea of moving wighton isnt the answer together, maybe a week in nsw cup to get his running back but probably just a full week of pressure kicking

radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Hahaha I bleed green mate.. I just feel for Jack I don't think he's playing his best footy when he has extra duties that are outside his skill set ( kick pass). He's a strong runner he needs someone to give him quality ball to hit some gaps. Like are we watching the same team?? Don't you guys see Jack struggle with his kick and pass ???
There's a reason why he's not the NSW 6.. we need to play him to his strengths and that is his strong running game...
Last edited by radicalraider on April 18, 2021, 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Bigcheese wrote: April 18, 2021, 9:21 am I understand the frustrations and feel the same way. I still think Ricky is the man though.

1. Aekins.
2. Valemei.
3. Kris.
4. Scott.
5. Rapana until someone else stands up.
6. Wighton.
7. Williams.
8. Papalii.
9. Hodgson.
10. Sutton.
11. CHN.
12. Whitehead.
13. Tapine.

14. Starling.
15. Young.
16. James.
17. Guler.
Good post and I agree
I don’t think dropping Croker is realistic for the coach right now so I think our best case scenario here is that team with Croker @ 3 and Kris on the bench for.. I guess Guler but I don’t feel good about that

I’d be perfectly fine if he the coach did drop Croker but I don’t see it myself
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

radicalraider wrote: April 18, 2021, 9:33 am Hahaha I bleed green mate.. I just feel for Jack I don't think he's playing his best footy when he has extra duties that are outside his skill set ( kick pass). He's a strong runner he needs someone to give him quality ball to hit some gaps. Like are we watching the same team?? Don't you guys see Jack struggle with his kick and pass ???
There's a reason why he's not the NSW 6.. we need to play him to his strengths and that is his strong running game...
How much quality ball and gaps is he going to see playing lock? :?

I'm happy with Tapine there.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Jack is a 6.
You will agree when you see him get quality ball from dummy half...
In attack our problems stem from dummy half and then extend to the impotent outside backs...
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

Northern Raider wrote: April 18, 2021, 9:44 am
radicalraider wrote: April 18, 2021, 9:33 am Hahaha I bleed green mate.. I just feel for Jack I don't think he's playing his best footy when he has extra duties that are outside his skill set ( kick pass). He's a strong runner he needs someone to give him quality ball to hit some gaps. Like are we watching the same team?? Don't you guys see Jack struggle with his kick and pass ???

That's up to the spine to create opportunities maybe an inside outside play? You didn't answer the rest of the question? Also since our centres don't create opportunities nor do our backrowers.. has anyone thought of making our edges a bit more potent ? Is tapine better being heckled by 3 blokes in the middle or utilising his footwork one on one on an edge than give an offload... look at fifita.. kikau.. schuster.. creighton.. papalii last night... and we have old legs whitehead ..IS ANYONE THINKING ABOUT THESE CORE ISSUES
Last edited by radicalraider on April 18, 2021, 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

GreenMachine wrote: April 18, 2021, 9:49 am Jack is a 6.
In attack our problems stem from dummy half and then extend to the impotent outside backs...
A running 6. Is that enough to win a comp???
Elcaptcroker
David Grant

Post by Elcaptcroker »

radicalraider wrote:Hahaha I bleed green mate.. I just feel for Jack I don't think he's playing his best footy when he has extra duties that are outside his skill set ( kick pass). He's a strong runner he needs someone to give him quality ball to hit some gaps. Like are we watching the same team?? Don't you guys see Jack struggle with his kick and pass ???
We all do, if we didnt bleed green then we'd bitching about this on the facebook page. Jack best position is 5/8 which he has shown the last two years, the halfs biggest problem this year is the same problem we had at the start of last year, and thats hodgo, he likes being the number 1 playmaker and not letting the two halfs to do what their best at, and his "miracle" plays he trys to make kills us. And sticky really needs to sort that out, if hodgo cant take the back seat alittle then theres only one choice to make, the only choice for jack and thats worse case is nsw cup for comfidence builing away from hodgo.

If there was any changes to made it need to be against the cowboys this weekend. Id rest hodgo, rest croker and sia, and bring in chn and horse. Do it before we play the rabbits.

GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

radicalraider wrote: April 18, 2021, 9:53 am
Not on its own.
You need a backline with sting so defenders don’t number up on you.
That’s why our outside backs are an issue.
The slowness from dummy half is also an issue.
Give time to make time....
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

radicalraider wrote: April 18, 2021, 9:52 am
Northern Raider wrote: April 18, 2021, 9:44 am

That's up to the spine to create opportunities maybe an inside outside play? You didn't answer the rest of the question? Also since our centres don't create opportunities nor do our backrowers.. has anyone thought of making our edges a bit more potent ? Is tapine better being heckled by 3 blokes in the middle or utilising his footwork one on one on an edge than give an offload? IS ANYONE THINKING ABOUT THESE CORE ISSUES
Tapine has played a lot on the edge for us. He's show to be far more effective in the middle where his footwork tests opposition defenses.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Tapine, Papalli and Young need to be our starting middles...
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

Elcaptcroker wrote: April 18, 2021, 9:55 am
radicalraider wrote:Hahaha I bleed green mate.. I just feel for Jack I don't think he's playing his best footy when he has extra duties that are outside his skill set ( kick pass). He's a strong runner he needs someone to give him quality ball to hit some gaps. Like are we watching the same team?? Don't you guys see Jack struggle with his kick and pass ???
We all do, if we didnt bleed green then we'd bitching about this on the facebook page. Jack best position is 5/8 which he has shown the last two years, the halfs biggest problem this year is the same problem we had at the start of last year, and thats hodgo, he likes being the number 1 playmaker and not letting the two halfs to do what their best at, and his "miracle" plays he trys to make kills us. And sticky really needs to sort that out, if hodgo cant take the back seat alittle then theres only one choice to make, the only choice for jack and thats worse case is nsw cup for comfidence builing away from hodgo.

If there was any changes to made it need to be against the cowboys this weekend. Id rest hodgo, rest croker and sia, and bring in chn and horse. Do it before we play the rabbits.

Yes i totally agree and have always said hodgson takes away from our halves.. I saw it this time last year and when he got injured I got more optimistic about our attack. Jack is the best option at the moment for the club to play at 6 but I still don't believe he has the skill set like the other elite 6's..
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

GreenMachine wrote: April 18, 2021, 9:56 am
radicalraider wrote: April 18, 2021, 9:53 am
Not on its own.
You need a backline with sting so defenders don’t number up on you.
That’s why our outside backs are an issue.
The slowness from dummy half is also an issue.
Give time to make time....
Yes.. and if we had a FB who would compensate for Jack's limited passing skills than it wouldn't hinder us as much in attack.. although from what I saw last night Caleb has a slicker pass than CNK
Elcaptcroker
David Grant

Post by Elcaptcroker »

radicalraider wrote:
Elcaptcroker wrote: April 18, 2021, 9:55 am

Yes i totally agree and have always said hodgson takes away from our halves.. I saw it this time last year and when he got injured I got more optimistic about our attack. Jack is the best option at the moment for the club to play at 6 but I still don't believe he has the skill set like the other elite 6's..
His running has always been good, hes developed a good short pass over the last couple of years, and he has always had a good long kicking game which had always came 1 error. His passing and kicking game has been off this year and his running game is non existent at the moment due to not getting the good ball. Ricky needs to get him a kicking coach to get him back into his rythm

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Jack's passin game is OK. Unfortunately he has no confidence in it at the moment. Like a golfer with the putting yips. He needs to sink a few to get his mojo back.
RichmondRaider
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Jordy Raps

Post by RichmondRaider »

tommyhud9 wrote: April 18, 2021, 12:25 am It is alarming when people think Anthony Milford in the halves is the answer for 2022.
Peak GH
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

gangrenous wrote:
Raider of d Lost Ark wrote:At the moment over 28 points against 2 weeks in a row.....
Both games, without CNK.

How strange...
Hahaha glad I had to sift through over 500 posts before someone FINALLY said it!

Spot on, old friend... spot on.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

gangrenous wrote:
FROG wrote: CNK organises our defence and when it fails he finds ways to stop tries. Ive said it for years he is our most critical player. Sure he doesn't offer much in attack, but attack isn't what has got us to a gf and prelim the past couple of years. Baring the warriors game our defence was good this year before CNK went down. I honestly don't think we'll win another game without him.
FROG on the money
Yeah, it’s 100% spot on and a massive reason why I wasn’t at all confident coming into this game.

Could be a real tough month or two coming up until he gets back on the park.
lomax
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

Post by lomax »

So Parra just put 35 points on us, and we are meant to be a defensive team. Parra was missing 3 starters (Blake, Matterson, Brown), and only used 15 of 17 players. So will the powers to be try to find an excuse as to why we lost. Was it because we had to many injuries (warriors game), didn't have cover on the bench after the injury (panthers game) opposition celebrated to hard after they scored (panthers game). What excuse will have get this week?
sprintman
Brett Mullins

Post by sprintman »

Time to stop playing the old, tired, and slow.
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

I think the sentiment around refreshing the team is a valid one. We were out enthusied and lacked intensity.

I was at the game and it was really hard to get into the game as a fan. I was surprised by how loud the parra fans were.

Stuarts press conference was bang on.

Kris not playing was a big mistake. One that Stuart admitted and many folks here called out before the game. I doubt we will see a fit Kris left out. Real positive surprise package.

We lack speed. Limits our options in attack and the plays we can put on as well as positional play. Is a valid concern.

Will be interesting to see how the next few weeks play out.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just listening to Josh Hodgson on Fox League Sunday Ticket. He's in the studio today...

Made a very good point that with the new rules, it is very hard to get ascendancy if you don't control territory and possession. And the Raiders are doing neither. The wins have come despite them not doing that.

I believe our poor kicking game is a key problem. If we come up against a team with a quality long kicker... we're cactus... and the pack is not doing enough to compensate.

The other thing Hodgson said was that the solution to the team's current problems are to strip their game right back, and play simple, grinding football... and build some confidence.

However, that's not going to get us out of this. Not good enough to beat the best teams with that strategy.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote:Just listening to Josh Hodgson on Fox League Sunday Ticket. He's in the studio today...

Made a very good point that with the new rules, it is very hard to get ascendancy if you don't control territory and possession. And the Raiders are doing neither. The wins have come despite them not doing that.

I believe our poor kicking game is a key problem. If we come up against a team with a quality long kicker... we're cactus... and the pack is not doing enough to compensate.

The other thing Hodgson said was that the solution to the team's current problems are to strip their game right back, and play simple, grinding football... and build some confidence.

However, that's not going to get us out of this. Not good enough to beat the best teams with that strategy.
It’s not the best teams we need to beat. Over the next three weeks we need to grind out wins against the cowboys, knights and bulldogs with a view that we get CNK back at the end of this period before we come up against the top sides again.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

2021 Rd 6 V Eels: Game Day

Post by gangrenous »

It’s not feasible to grind out the next few weeks and then turn it on against the top teams.

It’s time to chance new strategy with a chance of beating top teams and develop it, or fire the season into the sun if it fails.
Last edited by gangrenous on April 18, 2021, 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

gangrenous wrote:It’s not feasible to grind out the next few weeks and then turn it on against the top teams.

It’s time to chance new strategy with a chance of beating top teams and develop it, it fire the season into the sun if it fails.
I’m just talking about the period while a key spine player is missing. Not sure when he gets back, but if it’s sooner rather than later, I’d be more than happy to see them grind against the worse teams with a view of building towards the back end of the season when everyone is back on deck.

But we also need CHN integrated back into the team and the three quarters situation sorted out pronto in the meantime. At the very least, switching Rapana back to the right side of the **** field.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

The Nickman wrote: April 18, 2021, 1:18 pm
gangrenous wrote:It’s not feasible to grind out the next few weeks and then turn it on against the top teams.

It’s time to chance new strategy with a chance of beating top teams and develop it, it fire the season into the sun if it fails.
I’m just talking about the period while a key spine player is missing. Not sure when he gets back, but if it’s sooner rather than later, I’d be more than happy to see them grind against the worse teams with a view of building towards the back end of the season when everyone is back on deck.

But we also need CHN integrated back into the team and the three quarters situation sorted out pronto in the meantime. At the very least, switching Rapana back to the right side of the **** field.
I don't think moving Rapana to the right can be emphasised enough. That is the side of the field he plays his best. I also think we need to switch our second rowers to the opposite sides they are on now - move Whitehead to the right and Young to the left, if only to reinvigorate both edges in attack. CHN to the bench. Drop or rest Sia (however the club wants to play it). Pick only one of Starling or Havili. And pick Kris somewhere.
SimplyThePest
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by SimplyThePest »

Odd take from Hodgson; simple, grinding footy is what we’ve been playing. If anything, the handbrake needs to come off and allow for some expansive, unpredictable play.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Wiki Special wrote: April 18, 2021, 1:27 pm

I don't think moving Rapana to the right can be emphasised enough. That is the side of the field he plays his best. I also think we need to switch our second rowers to the opposite sides they are on now - move Whitehead to the right and Young to the left, if only to reinvigorate both edges in attack. CHN to the bench. Drop or rest Sia (however the club wants to play it). Pick only one of Starling or Havili. And pick Kris somewhere.
CHN needs to play second row imo... that's where he's best and what he was brought here to do
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

Raiders_Pat wrote: April 18, 2021, 1:32 pm
Wiki Special wrote: April 18, 2021, 1:27 pm

CHN needs to play second row imo... that's where he's best and what he was brought here to do
Yeah, he plays 50 minutes of 2nd row off the bench in my 17. Young or Whitehead to the middle to accomodate.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

We have six games before the bye. Cowboys, Rabbitohs, Knights, Bulldogs, Storm and Roosters. The last two weeks have seen us have to reshuffle the side after an injury to an outside back/FB.

We were down 12-10 against the Eels at half time and still in the game. Once the reshuffle happened so our defensive structure fell away just as it did against the Panthers the week before. Moving EW into the center position and one of the centers to the wing has not been successful in either of the past 2 weeks. There has to be a bench player who can play in an outside back position so that we are not caught out again. We need to be able to cover at least one potential injury in the backline without throwing the defensive structure out of kilter for the remainder of the match. Ricky will be having some intensive one on one discussions this week.