Eels 13+
14%

Total votes: 14

Leebola
Brett Mullins

Re: 2021 Rd 6 V Eels: Game Day

Post by Leebola »

mobrulesall wrote: April 19, 2021, 10:13 am
Leebola wrote: April 18, 2021, 2:50 pm Does Aekins have a passing game? Could he be put on a wing and play wing in defence (when CNK comes back) and fullback in attack?
He seems undersized for the wing no?
6 foot and 93 kgs according to his Raiders bio. Not Fergo sized, but bigger than Foxxy.
Leebola
Brett Mullins

Post by Leebola »

BadnMean wrote: April 19, 2021, 11:32 am
mobrulesall wrote: April 19, 2021, 10:13 am
Leebola wrote: April 18, 2021, 2:50 pm Does Aekins have a passing game? Could he be put on a wing and play wing in defence (when CNK comes back) and fullback in attack?
He seems undersized for the wing no?
I don't get this sudden surge to place Aekins on the wing. He had a serviceable game at FB but he's smaller than our current wingers, no faster than Rapana and doesn't have next level footwork or anything. He's just a solid backup FB.

We've got Semi already blooded and did some good things, Timoko (if we want to makeshift) and Hoppa (if we wait until round 10).

I've grown a bit tired of Simo not offering a lot but our first port of call should simply be to place our fastest winger (Simo) on the side we create the most chances and with our best ball players (Toots and Whitehead) to pass him into space and put Rapana back on the right where he has a hope.
Seems good enough for first grade, but won't be replacing CNK. Just spit-balling...
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I thought one of the positives from the game was Aekins. He seems fast, enthusiastic, safe under the high ball, sniffing around the ruck a lot, positive in attack. I like him.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

raiderskater wrote:I thought one of the positives from the game was Aekins. He seems fast, enthusiastic, safe under the high ball, sniffing around the ruck a lot, positive in attack. I like him.
yes agreed, we are relying too hard on our fb though he was gone with 25mins to go

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer