John Morris

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: John Morris

Post by The Nickman »

Alright Matt, that's enough posts in a row for today.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Happy birthday Nickman

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Thanks dubs. Glad someone around here noticed.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Who's Nickman?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

*sends hugs *

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

happy etc.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Happy birthday for November The Nickman

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Thanks Sid. Appreciate it, mate.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Happy Birthday you poso apologist ****
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

This is getting very abstract, but thank you, I do enjoy working at the bowling alley!
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

The Nickman wrote: April 14, 2021, 6:21 pm This is getting very abstract, but thank you, I do enjoy working at the bowling alley!
MARGE IS PREGNANT?!?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The Nickman wrote: April 14, 2021, 6:21 pm This is getting very abstract, but thank you, I do enjoy working at the bowling alley!
:lol:
Money, every time
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

At 23, you were better than Trevor Thurling...happy birthday!
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Maybe it's the beer talking Nickman but you got a butt that won't quit. They got those big chewy pretzels here merJanthfgrr...... Happy Birthday??!!!? Get outta here!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Wish you were her... how many of these things is he going to send?
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

GreenMachine wrote: April 14, 2021, 7:16 pm
At 23, you were better than Trevor Thurling...happy birthday!
:lol:
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Northern Raider wrote: April 13, 2021, 8:12 am
tommyhud9 wrote: April 12, 2021, 10:37 pm Cronulla haven’t beaten a top 8 team since Round 20 2019.

He might be the nicest bloke in the world but results matter above all else.

I hope our next coach is hired from within, as Ricky/current staff have created an excellent culture within the club (one which was rotten prior) and I’d like to see it maintained.
I don't see us having a "next coach" any time soon. If/when it does occur it will be because of Sticky deciding to give it away completely, in which case he may start preparing his successor. Or it will be due to complete breakdown in culture, in which case it will require somebody new from outside the current organisation.
I'll bet you now, our next head coach after Ricky will be Sam Williams.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Sticky will be the next Wayne Bennett

Will still be going til he's 70+

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

ALX22
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by ALX22 »

Will need a break away from the game.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Lui_Bon wrote: April 14, 2021, 10:38 pm
tommyhud9 wrote: April 12, 2021, 10:37 pm Cronulla haven’t beaten a top 8 team since Round 20 2019.

I hope our next coach is hired from within, as Ricky/current staff have created an excellent culture within the club (one which was rotten prior) and I’d like to see it maintained.
I don't see us having a "next coach" any time soon. If/when it does occur it will be because of Sticky deciding to give it away completely, in which case he may start preparing his successor. Or it will be due to complete breakdown in culture, in which case it will require somebody new from outside the current organisation.
Sounds good. What's the wager? Winner chooses loser's avatar?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Matt wrote: April 14, 2021, 11:48 am
Northern Raider wrote: April 14, 2021, 9:06 am
Bay53 wrote: April 14, 2021, 7:30 am
afgtnk wrote: April 13, 2021, 7:56 pm I'd take Tracey as first back up half if Sam is on his way out
Tracey is a hooker. I think there is one thing we can all agree on and that is we don't need ANOTHER hooker on the bench!!
Tracey can play multiple positions though its debatable about what his best one is. Thing is he can cover many spots through hooker, halves or backs. Raiders don't have anybody like this in our top 30 and its very handy to have one of these 'swiss army knife' players in the extended squad. Looking at other clubs you have Tyrone May (Panthers), Nico Hynes (Storm), Will Smith (Eels), Connor Watson (Knights), Ben Hampton (Cowboys) etc. in the top 17. None of them are good enough at one position to gain a permanent starting spot. You can still chuck them in almost anywhere at a pinch if needed.
Shark's have reaped the benefit of Tracey this yr. Has played half, centre, wing and hooker this yr - mostly injury/HIA related
My apologies. Connor Tracey is playing centres in the game tonight.

I might have been getting confused with another hooker called Tracey. But the lesson in that case was still the same. There is no point having three hookers on a bench if you can’t maintain a strong middle that can provide stiff defence for a full 80 mins.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Northern Raider wrote: April 15, 2021, 2:23 pm
Lui_Bon wrote: April 14, 2021, 10:38 pm

Sounds good. What's the wager? Winner chooses loser's avatar?
Why not? I didn't even really choose my own avatar.... but when it comes to yours, I'm sure I can find something mortifying!
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Bay53 wrote: April 16, 2021, 7:48 pm
Matt wrote: April 14, 2021, 11:48 am
Northern Raider wrote: April 14, 2021, 9:06 am
Bay53 wrote: April 14, 2021, 7:30 am
afgtnk wrote: April 13, 2021, 7:56 pm I'd take Tracey as first back up half if Sam is on his way out
Tracey is a hooker. I think there is one thing we can all agree on and that is we don't need ANOTHER hooker on the bench!!
Tracey can play multiple positions though its debatable about what his best one is. Thing is he can cover many spots through hooker, halves or backs. Raiders don't have anybody like this in our top 30 and its very handy to have one of these 'swiss army knife' players in the extended squad. Looking at other clubs you have Tyrone May (Panthers), Nico Hynes (Storm), Will Smith (Eels), Connor Watson (Knights), Ben Hampton (Cowboys) etc. in the top 17. None of them are good enough at one position to gain a permanent starting spot. You can still chuck them in almost anywhere at a pinch if needed.
Shark's have reaped the benefit of Tracey this yr. Has played half, centre, wing and hooker this yr - mostly injury/HIA related
My apologies. Connor Tracey is playing centres in the game tonight.

I might have been getting confused with another hooker called Tracey. But the lesson in that case was still the same. There is no point having three hookers on a bench if you can’t maintain a strong middle that can provide stiff defence for a full 80 mins.
You're thinking of the right guy, I believe, but hooker he is not. He is another half converted.
Played wing in the end, coz Dugan was out.