CHN and Horsburgh

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: CHN and Horsburgh

Post by Northern Raider »

You seem to have recalibrated your argument. In that Papalii is a better player now than he was 5 years ago. That is not really a point up for debate.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Papa had played 104 FG games, 4 origins and 4 Tests by the time he was 23...

Hors has played 28 FG games, 0 Origins and 0 Tests at the same age...

I mean that seems clear cut to me, but I do intend to keep subscribing to your newsletter.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

BadnMean wrote: April 9, 2021, 12:42 pm Papa had played 104 FG games, 4 origins and 4 Tests by the time he was 23...

I mean that seems clear cut to me, but I do intend to keep subscribing to your newsletter.
:roflmao
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

BadnMean wrote:Papa had played 104 FG games, 4 origins and 4 Tests by the time he was 23...

Ray is just warming up, while you 'mob' and Botman really should take the L here.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

BadnMean wrote: April 9, 2021, 12:42 pm Papa had played 104 FG games, 4 origins and 4 Tests by the time he was 23...

pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Whatever happens here we should definitely not forget that Horsborough picked up an astounding 0 votes in last years player of the year awards at 23 while with the exception of 1 aberrant season, Papalii has been in the top 7 players every year.

This is a very strange hill to die on....
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

pickles wrote: April 9, 2021, 3:54 pm Whatever happens here we should definitely not forget that Horsborough picked up an astounding 0 votes in last years player of the year awards at 23 while with the exception of 1 aberrant season, Papalii has been in the top 7 players every year.

This is a very strange hill to die on....
I'm pretty sure by this stage he's just havin a bubble bath mate.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

He's surely having a bubble bath. SURELY!

Mate.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Massive bubble bath.

He managed to engage half the forum in a debate on whether Papalii at 23 was better than Horsburgh. :lol:
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Seiffert82 wrote: April 9, 2021, 4:15 pm Massive bubble bath.

He managed to engage half the forum in a debate on whether Papalii at 23 was better than Horsburgh. :lol:
When you put it that way, all you can do is doff the cap
Tremendous troll job
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Rayden's claim isn't too bad.

Gangagraos apparently reckons 25 year old CNK is better than 25 year old Billy Slater.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Can we dial down the temperature a bit please? No need for the pile on... or name calling, thanks.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

afgtnk wrote:Rayden's claim isn't too bad.

Gangagraos apparently reckons 25 year old CNK is better than 25 year old Billy Slater.
How did I end up in this?

25 year old Gangagraos > 25 year old alphabet Image
rayden83
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by rayden83 »

Botman wrote: April 9, 2021, 11:54 am
rayden83 wrote: April 9, 2021, 9:56 am
Botman wrote: April 9, 2021, 8:04 am
hobbsy wrote: April 8, 2021, 7:09 pm I really don't know whether that post solidifies your original argument that Papalii was possibly not better than Hors is at age 23
That post really doesnt support his argument at all!

INCREDIBLE scenes
Rayden absolutely wallowing in his owns **** here. You love to see it.
Like you can talk Botty

“It is unfathomable that people, including Raiders fans forget the guy was one of the best 3-4 backrowers IN THE WORLD about about 5 years”

then...

“Im fine with that, would like Papa for the Dogs game, his effort this year has been good, but he's still not back to where he was deserving of origin footy“

I'm gonna help you out here, because you sorely **** need it... clearly you're as dense as they come.

We're talking about a collective period of 6-8 years in which he was for the vast majority of that one of the best 3-4 backrowers in the world. This is a period of footy where you obviously preoccupied with primary school

That doesn't mean he never had form slumps, or came back into the season not as his peak physical state. Just collective, his level of performance ranked him comfortably in the top 3-4

That specific post was in 2015, and he was not playing at his best at that moment in time, and IIRC he was a little out of shape and his form had dropped off, the Raiders needed him and my motivations are revealed in the quote.
1. I wanted the guy to be playing for us, which is entirely consistent with SOO every year. I dont really care about origin beyond it being a good of footy
2. The dropping would motivate him to lift his game to his usual WORLD CLASS standard

I dont know what point you think you're making, but you're failing and all you're serving to do is to prove what a truly remarkable idiot you are.
The notion that Corey Horsburgh is right now as a 23 year old on the same **** PLANET as a footballer as 23 year old Papalii was is so astonishingly bad, that it defies belief that someone would even say it.
Weasel words. Not even Raiders fans had him as their top 3-4 players, let alone top 3-4 backrowers in the world. By whose standards? Yours? You have a habit of making wild generalisations as if they are gospel truth and that all other arguments and evidence is irrelevant. You must have shaken Ricky’s hand once because I’ve never met anyone as cocksure in their own thought bubbles.

As for Papa being top 3-4 backrowers in the WEERRRRLLD, there’s arguments for and against. On one hand he played for the Kangaroos pretty consistently. Coach obviously thought highly of him. Arguments against? Fringe Origin player. Form slumps. Too many cheeseburgers. Dropping to reserve grade. Raiders fans player of the year constantly ranking him mid table. Here’s an interesting one, between 2012 and 2015 did not once feature among the top 50 NRL players. Obviously those facts don’t bode well for your argument that he was widely, unanimously considered to be one of the top 3-4 backrowers in the world. Outside pariochial Raiders fans who else agrees with you?

Hors with barely one season under his belt has already played in a grand final and made the Maroons squad. Had he not been injured he would’ve played origin. Had Covid not happened he may well have Roo caps. Would the comparison be fairer then? Again I’m not comparing achievements I’m comparing talent. Papa at 23 had enormous talent but it took years before he … HIT HIS STRIDE. I think the same applies to Hors. He has the potential to be an origin and Australia regular for many years.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Don't do drugs kids.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

greeneyed wrote:Can we dial down the temperature a bit please? No need for the pile on... or name calling, thanks.
Seriously? The guy is pretty clearly asking for it. He's still going on!

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

rayden83
Alan Tongue

Post by rayden83 »

Glenn Lazarus at 23
0 Origins 0 test

Paul Gallen at 23
0 Origins 0 tests

Petero Civoniceva at 23
0 Origins 0 tests

Your statistics suck!
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

rayden83 wrote:

Glenn Lazarus at 23
0 Origins 0 test

Paul Gallen at 23
0 Origins 0 tests

Petero Civoniceva at 23
0 Origins 0 tests

Your statistics suck!
Are you saying papalii is better than those three? Finally you're speaking sense rayden!

afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Raider Azz wrote: April 9, 2021, 6:38 pm
greeneyed wrote:Can we dial down the temperature a bit please? No need for the pile on... or name calling, thanks.

EDIT
Last edited by afgtnk on April 9, 2021, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Puts it to bed really. Paps hit his stride very early in his career. Particularly compared to that list.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: April 9, 2021, 5:14 pm Can we dial down the temperature a bit please? No need for the pile on... or name calling, thanks.

What do you want me to do this at this point? :lol:
rayden83
Alan Tongue

Post by rayden83 »

I don't care. I've learned the GH mob are more frequently wrong than right. These are the same people who thought Sezer was a great player because of his "game management" skills, and that Croker should play origin. I'm pretty sure some of them thought that Reece Robinson was better than Dugan too. Not an IQ point between them.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Yeah, down with the mob.
rayden83
Alan Tongue

Post by rayden83 »

Northern Raider wrote: April 9, 2021, 6:53 pm Puts it to bed really. Paps hit his stride very early in his career. Particularly compared to that list.
No he didn't. He didn't feature in anyone's top 50 list. No one other than Botman and a few GH dullards thought he was in the top 3-4 backrowers in the WEEERLD. Even Raiders fans didn't think all that highly of him, going by the player of the year ratings. He scored 3 points in 2015! THREE!

Hey Botty..

https://www.nrl.com/news/2016/01/11/top ... n-the-nrl/

Where is Papa on that list? Ya dope!
rayden83
Alan Tongue

Post by rayden83 »

Northern Raider wrote: April 9, 2021, 7:00 pm Yeah, down with the mob.
I'm disappointed with you NR. At least the others try to offer some analysis. It's clear that your intellect doesn't extend beyond cheap, petty one lines.

Down wif NR
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

rayden83 wrote: April 9, 2021, 7:02 pm
I'm disappointed with you NR. At least the others try to offer some analysis. It's clear that your intellect doesn't extend beyond cheap, petty one lines.

Down wif NR
Just following the mob.

Out of interest. How many people agree with you that Papalii didn't hit his trade till 2016?
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

rayden83 wrote: April 9, 2021, 6:47 pm

Glenn Lazarus at 23
0 Origins 0 test

Paul Gallen at 23
0 Origins 0 tests

Petero Civoniceva at 23
0 Origins 0 tests

Your statistics suck!
Who the %and^# are they?
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

afgtnk wrote:

Giving an opinion on football, no matter how outlandish your pea brain think it may be, doesn't warrant name calling.

Far, far better than posters like you who are permanently stationed in the peanut gallery, contributing absolutely nothing of worth to this forum.
Do you not realise the absolute irony in your post? Image

BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Northern Raider wrote: April 9, 2021, 6:53 pm Puts it to bed really. Paps hit his stride very early in his career. Particularly compared to that list.
The argument is not now that Papa was better than Hors early doors, but that Papa was in fact better than the immortals at 23. I like it.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

rayden83 wrote: April 9, 2021, 7:00 pm
No he didn't. He didn't feature in anyone's top 50 list. No one other than Botman and a few GH dullards thought he was in the top 3-4 backrowers in the WEEERLD. Even Raiders fans didn't think all that highly of him, going by the player of the year ratings. He scored 3 points in 2015! THREE!

Hey Botty..

Papalii was very good early on and objectively speaking I really think he was the best Second Rower in the World in 2016. Then his form dropped off and when moved to the middle he became the best Prop in the World from 2019 until present day.
rayden83
Alan Tongue

Post by rayden83 »

Northern Raider wrote: April 9, 2021, 7:06 pm

Down wif NR
Just following the mob.

Out of interest. How many people agree with you that Papalii didn't hit his trade till 2016?
Probably the same amount of people who thought Sezer was a good player because he had "game management" skills.
rayden83
Alan Tongue

Post by rayden83 »

Wiki Special wrote: April 9, 2021, 7:12 pm
rayden83 wrote: April 9, 2021, 7:00 pm

Hey Botty..

Papalii was very good early on and objectively speaking I really think he was the best Second Rower in the World in 2016. Then his form dropped off and when moved to the middle he became the best Prop in the World from 2019 until present day.
No doubt 2016 was a watershed year for Papalii. NRL had him at #4.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2016/12/28/top ... n-the-nrl/
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

afgtnk wrote: April 9, 2021, 6:52 pm

Giving an opinion on football, no matter how outlandish your pea brain think it may be, doesn't warrant name calling.
at some point a spade has to be called a spade
and anyone actually legitimately trying to argue Papalii and Hors are comparably players at age 23, is in fact an idiot. There is no way around that. It is what it is.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

rayden83 wrote: April 9, 2021, 7:15 pm

Down wif NR
Just following the mob.

Probably the same amount of people who thought Sezer was a good player because he had "game management" skills.
How many was that?
rayden83
Alan Tongue

Post by rayden83 »

Northern Raider wrote: April 9, 2021, 7:25 pm
rayden83 wrote: April 9, 2021, 7:15 pm

Down wif NR
Just following the mob.

How many was that?
Lots and lots