Panthers 13+
33%

Total votes: 12

cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Re: 2021 Rd 5 V Panthers: Game Day

Post by cat »

Botman wrote: April 10, 2021, 1:41 pm I dont think anyone on this site has been to more games at Penrith than me, and i have to say i've always found it a delightful venue full of absolute legends.
You must know some interesting people if those bogans are delightful lol
Vaccinated
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Botman is from the riff though.

He’s like the frog that’s slowly been brought to boiling in a potful of bogan
mobrulesall
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Andrew McFadden

Post by mobrulesall »

I am slightly confused by the whole Kikau on CNK incident. Live it looked pretty harmless and mainly just a lazy arm, but in hindsight it resulted in a concussion.
10 minutes later, the Raiders have lost a player in exchange for a penatly and Kikau free to play.

To me this is pretty flawed.
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

cat wrote: April 10, 2021, 1:56 pm
Botman wrote: April 10, 2021, 1:41 pm I dont think anyone on this site has been to more games at Penrith than me, and i have to say i've always found it a delightful venue full of absolute legends.
I've been to a fair few as my mates a Panthers member for over a decade.. and I can tell you like I tell him and he admits it.. they are a bunsh of trashy bogans!
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

radicalraider wrote: April 10, 2021, 2:15 pm
cat wrote: April 10, 2021, 1:56 pm
I've been to a fair few as my mates a Panthers member for over a decade.. and I can tell you like I tell him and he admits it.. they are a bunsh of trashy bogans!
I've been to panthers v bulldogs with my mother as she is a dogs fans
They are bogan and awful then as well but I must say they are even worse with us and are getting worse every win they get

It's actually turning into a game as a not so young female I don't feel safe after
Vaccinated
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

gangrenous wrote: April 10, 2021, 2:02 pm Botman is from the riff though.

He’s like the frog that’s slowly been brought to boiling in a potful of bogan Image
:roflmao
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

BadnMean wrote: April 10, 2021, 10:08 am
Northern Raider wrote: April 10, 2021, 9:39 am
There is a 3rd option. Second phase play from an offload. Reckon that creates more tries than sweep/block plays these days.
In that case we want CHN in the team pronto. He's honestly one of the best offloads in the game. It's a real feature. We'd need halves and CNK to be smart in backing up off him.

The other guy with an offload in his game is Hors. Trade steady old Sia in for crazyhorse is an option.
I think both of those guys will be in the side at the business end of the season.... injuries permitting. Gives us more strike. You run Tarps, Paps, James to start, then Hors, CHN, Sutton + 1 on the bench. Looks much more threatening.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

greeneyed wrote: April 10, 2021, 12:42 pm
Dr Zaius wrote:It might just be a coincidence, but reading this forum, every team that beats us seem to be a bunch of **** heads, with the worst supporters ever.
I don’t think that’s true. I’d say I’ve had some poor experiences at a few away venues. And those are the ones that repeatedly crop up. The Sharks and Panthers are a couple.

You seem to be suggesting that’s not the case... but genuine question... how often do you visit away venues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been to quite a few games at Suncorp and Robina. The Broncos fans mirror their clubs born to rule attitude. The Titans fans are great.

I have vague recollections of going to a game at Penrith and Cronulla years and years ago. I can't recall any issues. I went to a stack of games at Parra Stadium when I lived out that way during uni, and it was great. I worked at the SCG/SFS/Stadium Australia while at uni. I don't recall Penrith or Cronulla fans being particularly objectionable. Souffs fans generally didn't have teeth, but were harmless. Bulldogs fans were awful.

I did some of my medical schooling at Penrith. Its a low socioeconomic area, but I always found the people to be salt of the earth, friendly and helpful.

My comment was tongue in cheek. Its one of the usual things that gets trotted out on the GH after a loss along with the calls to sack the coach, the sky is falling, and a pile on one one or two players. A few weeks ago the Warriors had the worst fans in the league, now its the Penrith fans. I'm sure that its just coincidence, or we only lose to teams with awful fans. I guess the Bulldogs are going to give us a hiding.
Um Jammer Lammy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: David Milne

Post by Um Jammer Lammy »

Lots of information for Ricky watching that game. If he is on the job he can see a few holes in our team.

Simonsson is pretty ineffective, I think we need a more robust runner to help out given that Croker isn’t a yardage guy. We don’t have enough punch coming out of our own end. Rapana is good but in a scrappy way which although effective doesn’t necessarily generate a fast play the ball.

Be interesting how Ricky handles the Croker situation. It is an important month for Jarrod he isn’t going to be dropped so we desperately need more out of him if we going to challenge for the title.

He needs to increase his work rate and physicality in my opinion and he needs accuracy in his plays. That try he bombed is his bread and butter, he needs to make those plays. We should have been 12-0 up.

I think I’m bringing in Valamei/Kris/Hopoate for Simonsson in searching for more effective yardage carries.
Golden Boogs 2006: McLinden Award
Golden Boogs 2007: Personality of the Year
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

2021 Rd 5 V Panthers: Game Day

Post by The Nickman »

I have to say I’m not too worried about that loss, to me we genuinely lost the game the second CNK went off with a HIA. Our whole gameplan these days is based around solid as **** defence and he is a HUGE part of that, absolutely huge.

Our fans don’t give the guy as much credit as he deserves, but he is a vital cog in our machine these days and we simply can’t win without him against the best sides, possible moreso than any other player out there.

And I’m with Zaius on the broncos fans things, they are hands down the worse. And I’ve been to away games at almost every stadium on the planet (including the sharks and panthers), and I’ve never remotely had the slightest of dramas with opposition fans, except for those **** broncos fans and that **** dance.

Zaius knows EXACTLY what I’m talking about here.
Scared Hitless
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Scared Hitless »

Um Jammer Lammy wrote: April 10, 2021, 4:30 pm Lots of information for Ricky watching that game. If he is on the job he can see a few holes in our team.

Simonsson is pretty ineffective, I think we need a more robust runner to help out given that Croker isn’t a yardage guy. We don’t have enough punch coming out of our own end. Rapana is good but in a scrappy way which although effective doesn’t necessarily generate a fast play the ball.

Be interesting how Ricky handles the Croker situation. It is an important month for Jarrod he isn’t going to be dropped so we desperately need more out of him if we going to challenge for the title.

He needs to increase his work rate and physicality in my opinion and he needs accuracy in his plays. That try he bombed is his bread and butter, he needs to make those plays. We should have been 12-0 up.

I think I’m bringing in Valamei/Kris/Hopoate for Simonsson in searching for more effective yardage carries.
I completely agree with this.

I love Croker as a player but appreciate him more for his examplary conduct as a representative of both the Raiders and League in general. He could also end his career as the top pointscorer of all time and given Ricky doesn't look like ever dropping him, they need to find a way to improve what he offers.

After all, the end of 2024 is a long way away.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

The Nickman wrote: April 10, 2021, 5:17 pm I have to say I’m not too worried about that loss, to me we genuinely lost the game the second CNK went off with a HIA. Our whole gameplan these days is based around solid as **** defence and he is a HUGE part of that, absolutely huge.

Our fans don’t give the guy as much credit as he deserves, but he is a vital cog in our machine these days and we simply can’t win without him against the best sides, possible moreso than any other player out there.

And I’m with Zaius on the broncos fans things, they are hands down the worse. And I’ve been to away games at almost every stadium on the planet (including the sharks and panthers), and I’ve never remotely had the slightest of dramas with opposition fans, except for those **** broncos fans and that **** dance.

100% agree on the CNK aspect. I think he is underrated generally by many. No, he isn't a ball playing fullback but he is rock solid in defence, a very capable support player and a decent attacking threat in his own right.

I reckon if we had the requisite cohesiveness and personnel between our halves and 3/4 line then CNKs lack of ball playing wouldn't get much airtime I don't think.

He is well down our list of issues right now.
Up The Milk
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Mickey_Raider wrote:
The Nickman wrote: April 10, 2021, 5:17 pm I have to say I’m not too worried about that loss, to me we genuinely lost the game the second CNK went off with a HIA. Our whole gameplan these days is based around solid as **** defence and he is a HUGE part of that, absolutely huge.

100% agree on the CNK aspect. I think he is underrated generally by many. No, he isn't a ball playing fullback but he is rock solid in defence, a very capable support player and a decent attacking threat in his own right.

I reckon if we had the requisite cohesiveness and personnel between our halves and 3/4 line then CNKs lack of ball playing wouldn't get much airtime I don't think.

He is well down our list of issues right now.
He’s a great player. I’ll never understand this forum’s reasoning sometimes and the apparent need to always have a bad guy, but that’s what I think this is.

To put it into context, I was having a beer the other night with four mates, all who support different teams, and all who watch more football than me every week. It’s safe to say they all watch almost every game, whereas I only watch the raiders these days.

Anyway, after the titans win, the mate that’s a titans fan says “yeah, you guys were good, that Nikol-Klokstadd was amazing for you guys, just stopped absolutely everything”. And my response was “yeah, I like him too, but not a lot of raiders fans are sold on him”.

All four of them were flabbergasted, “really? That’s crazy!” was the general sentiment.

So I led into, “yeah, but that’s just raiders fans in general, you know a heap of them don’t like Jarrod Croker and have NEVER really liked him?”

To which statement they all figuratively fell off their chairs. To a man they thought it was the most ludicrous thing I could’ve said.

Sums up this forum to a tee for me.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Hey! Everybody! Nickman's here!!!!!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Colour me shocked.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

2021 Rd 5 V Panthers: Game Day

Post by The Nickman »

afgtnk wrote:Hey! Everybody! Nickman's here!!!!!
affhgjkttkgktktk! How are you, old friend?

Reading through this thread today over a few beers (it’s been a fantastic larf, as always), I was meaning to say that I agree with you on Jack Wighton, and I’ve been there the last few weeks.

You simply can’t afford to have your key guy, your marquee player, your Cam Smith or Johnathon Thurston if you will, you simply CAN’T afford to have him making those two to three just CRITICAL derp errors a game that Jack seems to do when he’s in this level of form.

Those truly great players just don’t make those mistakes, Jack is a Clive Churchill and Dally M winner, he should be in that class too.

Out of all the players on the field, our team currently needs Jack to be better the most.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

I can always count on you to agree with me on at least one thing Nickman, man.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

afgtnk wrote:I can always count on you to agree with me on at least one thing Nickman, man.
I agree with you on a lot of things these days friend, I just think you go full (hmmm, what’s the politically correct expression these days?) on a few things once you have an idea in your head, and once you do, you’re unwilling to ever change your opinion

Unlike me, I’m wrong all the time, and happy to change my mind and admit I’m wrong as soon as I realise that
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I’m also ridiculously charming and good looking too
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

The Nickman wrote: April 10, 2021, 6:25 pm

Reading through this thread today over a few beers (it’s been a fantastic larf, as always), I was meaning to say that I agree with you on Jack Wighton, and I’ve been there the last few weeks.

You simply can’t afford to have your key guy, your marquee player, your Cam Smith or Johnathon Thurston if you will, you simply CAN’T afford to have him making those two to three just CRITICAL derp errors a game that Jack seems to do when he’s in this level of form.

Those truly great players just don’t make those mistakes, Jack is a Clive Churchill and Dally M winner, he should be in that class too.

Out of all the players on the field, our team currently needs Jack to be better the most.
He ain't the smartest bloke though is Jack...
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Azza wrote:
The Nickman wrote: April 10, 2021, 6:25 pm

He ain't the smartest bloke though is Jack...
I **** love Jack, when he’s on his game I fully understand why every coach he’s ever had rants and raves about his natural ability.

But I would never ever accuse him of being smart.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Yeah that's what I mean - plenty of natural ability but he lacks the "smart" of a Smith or a Thurston.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

I don’t get why Jarrod cops more heat then rapana.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

The Nickman wrote: I just think you go full (hmmm, what’s the politically correct expression these days?)
Full Rodman is the phrase you’re after my good man
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

gangrenous wrote:
The Nickman wrote: I just think you go full (hmmm, what’s the politically correct expression these days?)
Woah woah WOAHHH! Let’s not say anything we can’t take back here!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

papabear wrote:I don’t get why Jarrod cops more heat then rapana.
I’ve never understood why he cops a disproportionate level of garbage compared to other players, and it’s happened his whole career, even when he was at his best.

But like you said, why isn’t there a Rapana thread? Why isn’t there a Jack Wighton thread which gets bumped by people backslapping each other every time he kicks it out on the full or drops the ball cold? Why isn’t there a Hudson Young thread that gets bumped everytime he loses his cool and runs in and hits someone or gives away a penalty in possession?

Croker’s not in good form, and he had a poor game last night. HE WASN’T **** ALONE IN THAT! As I just posted in the Eels team selection thread, I’d possibly drop him to reggies for a week or two just to regain some confidence and form.

But the bloke is a true servant to the club and has given his all every single time he’s laced up his boots, unlike many who have played alongside him. He deserves more, and he certainly doesn’t deserve the absolute **** he’s copped for the majority of his career.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Dr Zaius wrote: April 10, 2021, 3:15 pm
greeneyed wrote: April 10, 2021, 12:42 pm
Dr Zaius wrote:It might just be a coincidence, but reading this forum, every team that beats us seem to be a bunch of **** heads, with the worst supporters ever.
I don’t think that’s true. I’d say I’ve had some poor experiences at a few away venues. And those are the ones that repeatedly crop up. The Sharks and Panthers are a couple.

You seem to be suggesting that’s not the case... but genuine question... how often do you visit away venues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been to quite a few games at Suncorp and Robina. The Broncos fans mirror their clubs born to rule attitude. The Titans fans are great.

I have vague recollections of going to a game at Penrith and Cronulla years and years ago. I can't recall any issues. I went to a stack of games at Parra Stadium when I lived out that way during uni, and it was great. I worked at the SCG/SFS/Stadium Australia while at uni. I don't recall Penrith or Cronulla fans being particularly objectionable. Souffs fans generally didn't have teeth, but were harmless. Bulldogs fans were awful.

I did some of my medical schooling at Penrith. Its a low socioeconomic area, but I always found the people to be salt of the earth, friendly and helpful.

My comment was tongue in cheek. Its one of the usual things that gets trotted out on the GH after a loss along with the calls to sack the coach, the sky is falling, and a pile on one one or two players. A few weeks ago the Warriors had the worst fans in the league, now its the Penrith fans. I'm sure that its just coincidence, or we only lose to teams with awful fans. I guess the Bulldogs are going to give us a hiding.
I respond to how I'm treated. I get excited when the Raiders score, but I'm generally pretty quiet at away grounds.

I've never had a problem at Warriors games... except in the 2003 finals game at the SFS, when Vodafone bought 10,000 free tickets and distributed them to New Zealanders. I am not a small person, but I felt in physical danger at that game, repeatedly. Then when we lost to the Warriors this year... I have never seen The Greenhouse pages on Facebook so heavily bombarded by vile trolling following that game. Foul language and abuse. Interestingly, we got a bit of a burst last night too, but nothing compared to the Warriors fans after that game. I guess they were upset the NRL basically concluded that they shouldn't have won, due to the forward pass. And they felt that they've been on the wrong end of a number of decisions... so they were owed one that benefited them.

I've been abused more than once by Penrith fans... homophobic slurs thrown in my direction at one game and they wanted to beat me up. I wouldn't describe them as salt of the earth, friendly or helpful. I wasn't at the game last night, but you could see they were being jerks even on television.

Shark Park is also a ground I feel in danger at. Brookvale is interesting... in that the little old ladies get stuck into you, but I've never felt in physical danger there!

The only other problem I can remember is being abused at the old Parramatta Stadium. That was simply because I was sitting near the old Raiders Army... and all they were doing were cheering for the team... no bad behaviour or language. That was coming from the Eels fans. But every other occasion, all good.

That's it. The Broncos and Storm crowds may be arrogant, but they don't abuse you.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

gangrenous wrote: April 10, 2021, 6:41 pm
Is there a chance the track could bend?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Azza wrote:
gangrenous wrote: April 10, 2021, 6:41 pm
Is there a chance the track could bend?
Not on your life, my Hindu friend!
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

gangrenous wrote: April 10, 2021, 10:06 am
Botman wrote:
Wiki Special wrote: April 10, 2021, 8:43 am
Botman wrote: April 9, 2021, 8:33 pm That’s on Young I’m afraid
He gave up possession because he couldn’t manage his emotions in game

Whitehead trying to defend out wide is a problem
Just re-reading the Topic, I thought the game turning penalty when in possession was for Rapana 'lashing' out with his feet. That was what Sutton originally said but I was at a mates place and lots of chatter. Was it for Young coming in?
Yeah the referee initially asked the video ref to look at rapana lashing out with his foot, but after review on the telecast you heard and saw the official explaining to Hodgson that the penalty was going against us for Young coming in as a 3rd man
What a soft penalty it was too. Shoves like that on the tackling player happen 10 times a game and you almost never see the attacking team penalised.

I’d have to look again but it’s not like Hudson runs in, he’s there and shoves Kikau due to him dropping the shoulder and contacting Rapana in the head.

The onfield ref made a **** call. The video ref looked for the first thing he could find that kept the result the same.
Listening to Mark Geyer on Triple M Newcastle today and he said it should have been a penalty to the Raiders. He said that Kikau had his arm by his side and led with his shoulder into a player on the ground. His reasoning was that if the players had been vertical, then the Kikau tackle (leading with the shoulder) was a clear shoulder charge. Ricky will not officially question Ref decisions believing it to be a fruitless practice. But for the protection of his players he should seek clarification that a defending player with arm at his side leading with the shoulder is always considered a shoulder charge regardless of the position of the player in possession.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Never set a business up in Penrith/St Marys if you have to employ people the place is saturated with drug **** gronks and or illiterate peoples... Never.
This place is woke.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Kikau is EDIT - how was that not reckless?

I hate the Panthers, EDIT
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders trainer under scrutiny for joining Panthers-Raiders melee

Penrith officials were left "stunned" on Saturday by video footage of a Canberra trainer getting involved in Friday night’s second-half melee. A Canberra trainer, wearing a club shirt and cap, is seen placing his hand on Tyrone May before returning to confront Panthers forward James Fisher-Harris. Fisher-Harris is clearly angry and exchanges words with the trainer before Raiders five-eighth Jack Wighton races in to separate the pair. The Raiders refused to identify the trainer nor be drawn into the matter when contacted on Saturday.

Read more: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/canber ... 57i3l.html

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 43ade7bcc1
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

good on him what about the penalty for dragging a non player ( tapine) into a fight whilst standing on the sidelines , they are a bunch predominantly illiterate thugs..
Last edited by Off on April 10, 2021, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This place is woke.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

That video is pretty conclusive. Not the right thing to do. The whole thing was instigated by the Panthers, and all the trainer was doing was trying to bring things to a halt, but it clearly breaks the rules.. Deserves some form of warning or penalty, but not as severe as the slap on the wrist (small fine) Crichton received for instigating the whole thing.