Ryan Sutton

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: Ryan Sutton

Post by The Nickman »

Canberra Milk wrote:I actually miss Lui a bit and his leg speed and enthusiasm. I'd recall him, I said it last week and especially again after today
Me too. I’d have Lui and Paps back in this week for Sia and Horse.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: April 29, 2021, 10:17 pm Unpopular opinion time. I am really not as high on Sutton as everyone else seems to be. He's given great effort this year, he was immense against the Warriors. For mine he's the modern day Josh Miller. Gives it everything but is never going to crash through tackles or add any subtleties to his game. He'll stick out against the fringe sides but against the elite sides he isn't going to offer much.
Not unpopular.
I’ll see your unpopular opinion and raise it further...our lateral defence looks shot with Sutton in the middle playing stupidly long minutes....he isnt high motor and should get two stints if we’re starting him..
He’s much better off the bench than starting games IMO.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

The Nickman wrote: April 30, 2021, 5:49 am
Canberra Milk wrote:I actually miss Lui a bit and his leg speed and enthusiasm. I'd recall him, I said it last week and especially again after today
We're now 3-0 with Lui and 0-6 Lui without. Is it any surprise? Seems to be a taboo topic on here, yet it's a perfect correlation.

Would love to see a 'With Lui in 2021' and 'Without Lui in 2021' F/A to all but confirm this agenda.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

afgtnk wrote: April 30, 2021, 8:45 am
We're now 3-0 with Lui and 0-6 Lui without. Is it any surprise? Seems to be a taboo topic on here, yet it's a perfect correlation.

Would love to see a 'With Lui in 2021' and 'Without Lui in 2021' F/A to all but confirm this agenda.
Haha!
Got him, middle stump!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Lui averaged 18 mins in those games to. Imagine if he played longer. We'd be putting 50 on teams every week.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Northern Raider wrote: April 30, 2021, 8:50 am

Lui averaged 18 mins in those games to. Imagine if he played longer. We'd be putting 50 on teams every week.
Which in all seriousness seems like complete stupidity, given he was doing around 40 minutes at his best last season as a mobile, strong middle third defender who's generally excellent in defending on our line.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

In all seriousness we are missing Lui.
We’re missing mobility in the middle.
James, Sutton and Sia should only be used off the bench.
But instead of using a formula that was working last season, Coach Brainiac wanted to justify the shinny new toy he unnecessarily acquired over the off-season at the expense of what seems to be team harmony at the moment...
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

There's a reason he's back in my team this week. Pretty hard to stick solid without him IMO.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

The Nickman wrote: April 30, 2021, 9:11 am

There's a reason he's back in my team this week. Pretty hard to stick solid without him IMO.
I remember your Havili on vs Havili off stat a few yrs ago, and it was astounding. However....

If I told u a middle forward was avging less that 20mins, would you say he had a great effect on the game?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Matt wrote: April 30, 2021, 2:36 pm

I remember your Havili on vs Havili off stat a few yrs ago, and it was astounding. However....

If I told u a middle forward was avging less that 20mins, would you say he had a great effect on the game?
Not sure. Let me answer your question with a question of my own, old son... if you were dubbying, and I told you that you were dubbying, would you believe me??
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

The Nickman wrote: April 30, 2021, 3:26 pm
Matt wrote: April 30, 2021, 2:36 pm

Not sure. Let me answer your question with a question of my own, old son... if you were dubbying, and I told you that you were dubbying, would you believe me??
Depends on the situation as you well know.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

You're dubbying, pal.