11%

Total votes: 19

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Re: 2020 Rd 4 V Titans: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by -TW- »

Raiders666 wrote:
bonehead wrote: March 31, 2021, 10:45 am
Raiders666 wrote:Wonder if The Horse is ever going to get a gig...I really think he should be in the team somewhere.
he needs to push his case from NSW cup and performances like last week won't help

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I know he wasn't great but he was better than Lui in my opinion. I guess he needs a few stand out appearances after his DUI
Correct, he was dropped cause of his court case and has to earn his spot back

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Raiders666 wrote:
bonehead wrote: March 31, 2021, 10:45 am
Raiders666 wrote:Wonder if The Horse is ever going to get a gig...I really think he should be in the team somewhere.
he needs to push his case from NSW cup and performances like last week won't help

I know he wasn't great but he was better than Lui in my opinion. I guess he needs a few stand out appearances after his DUI
you'd think so plus he missed a huge chunk of 2020 with the foot injury so I'm ok with Stick setting a high bar

Edrick The Entertainer
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

I like the stance Ricky has held with the two Corey's.
Talented players, but they need to earn it now....if they do, great for us. If not, at least we find out what they are made of.
I'm sure it also serves to motivate the guys who are in the team to keep working and not step out of line.
Perth Raiders
Simon Woolford

Post by Perth Raiders »

Just heard- both Cowboys and Titans moved to Sydney.

Saturday’s games are a double header at Kogarah
Bring League West.

2010 The GH Premiership- Premiers
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

OFFICIAL: Canberra Raiders Round 4 match relocated to Kogarah Jubilee Stadium

The NRL will move its two Saturday games out of Queensland in response to the state's COVID-19 outbreak with the Titans, Raiders, Sharks and Cowboys to clash in a double-header at Kogarah Jubilee Stadium.

Cronulla's home game that was scheduled to be played at Sunshine Coast Stadium will now revert to their temporary home ground at Kogarah, in a slightly earlier 5.15pm AEDT timeslot. The Gold Coast's clash with Canberra will follow at 7.45pm AEDT.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/03/30/bul ... bane-trip/

Kogarah Oval confirmed as new venue for Saturday's Titans-Raiders NRL clash after Brisbane COVID outbreak: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Covid-19 update

Saturday’s NRL Premiership Matches scheduled to be played in southeast Queensland will be relocated to Netstrata Jubilee Stadium in Sydney on a risk-based approach to ensuring continuity in the competition.

The relocations are:

Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks v North Queensland Cowboys will be transferred from Sunshine Coast Stadium to Kogarah Jubilee Stadium at 5.15pm on Saturday.

Gold Coast Titans v Canberra Raiders will be transferred from Robina Stadium to Kogarah Jubilee Stadium at 7.45pm on Saturday.

The Titans will relocate to Sydney this afternoon and remain in Sydney until the NRL’s health experts are comfortable the risk of infection on the Gold Coast has subsided. The Cowboys will remain based in Townsville.

Friday night’s match between the Melbourne Storm and the Brisbane Broncos will proceed as scheduled at AAMI Park in Melbourne after the Victorian Government provided approval for the match to proceed.

NRL Chief Executive Andrew Abdo said the relocation ensured there was no risk to Premiership games proceeding this weekend.

“Our priority is ensuring all matches proceed this weekend. While the infection rates in southeast Queensland are positive today, the risk of further outbreaks emerging between now and Saturday exists,’’ he said.

“By confirming the relocation of games today all clubs, players and fans have certainty to plan for the weekend’s fixtures and as a game we eliminate the risk around whether those matches will take place.

“I want to thank all clubs who are making sacrifices for the greater good of our game. These are difficult decisions to make but decisions that ensure our competition continues this weekend without interruption.”

“I also want to acknowledge our fans. I know fans on the Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast were looking forward to going to these games. We were particularly excited to be taking a game to the Sunshine Coast. However our priority must be ensuring we can complete Round 4 without risk of losing matches.”

NRL media release

Cowboys and Titans relocate for double header as NRL scrambles to deal with COVID outbreak

The Titans and the Cowboys will relocate to Sydney on Wednesday and play in a double header at Kogarah in Round 4 as the fallout from the COVID-19 crisis continues to develop.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 43cbc4e857

PODCAST: Behind the Limelight: Siliva Havili: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/03 ... a-havili3/
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

Will ticket holders be able to transfer their tickets - moving my holiday from Gold Coast to Sydney and would still like to go to the game
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

So we don't get a game on the Gold Coast at all now? This is **** Bull.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Why that **** Kogarah? Is it cost?
The surface is never great on the best of days... now were going to be the second game played on that surface? What can go wrong?
Smurfette
Brett Mullins

Post by Smurfette »

The Nickman wrote: March 31, 2021, 12:07 pm So we don't get a game on the Gold Coast at all now? This is **** Bull.
Agreed :( Classic NRL decision.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

GreenMachine wrote: March 31, 2021, 12:17 pm Why that **** Kogarah? Is it cost?
The surface is never great on the best of days... now were going to be the second game played on that surface? What can go wrong?
Kogarah surface? Two weeks ago they had a foot of rain and the surface for our game was magnificent.

They are playing it at Kogarah because that is where the other game is and they can set up all the broadcast equipment in one place.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Toviii wrote: March 31, 2021, 12:03 pm Will ticket holders be able to transfer their tickets - moving my holiday from Gold Coast to Sydney and would still like to go to the game
I am certain you will get a refund for the Gold Coast game. You can of course then choose to buy a ticket for the Kogarah game. I am sure it is way too difficult for them to move between the games.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Bay53 wrote: March 31, 2021, 1:25 pm
Toviii wrote: March 31, 2021, 12:03 pm Will ticket holders be able to transfer their tickets - moving my holiday from Gold Coast to Sydney and would still like to go to the game
I am certain you will get a refund for the Gold Coast game. You can of course then choose to buy a ticket for the Kogarah game. I am sure it is way too difficult for them to move between the games.
From the Titans website...

I am not a Member of the Gold Coast Titans, but have purchased a ticket to the Round 4 match against the Canberra Raiders. What happens to my ticket?

All non-member ticket purchasers will receive a full refund. The club’s ticketing partner – Ticketek – will be in contact with all (non-member) ticket purchasers soon to outline next steps.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

why are we still talking about last years rd 4 game?
Dont delete this GE
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

The tickets have disappeared from my Ticketek account.

No sign of a refund or new ticketing options for Kogarah yet but i guess we'll just have to be patient.
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

hrundi89 wrote: March 31, 2021, 1:29 pm The tickets have disappeared from my Ticketek account.

No sign of a refund or new ticketing options for Kogarah yet but i guess we'll just have to be patient.
I think Ticketek have shown that whilst these processes do take some time, they have been very good at giving refunds to any events that have been moved or cancelled over the past 12 months.

Ironically people who have bought single game tickets have found it much easier to get a refund than those who have bought memberships.
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

Clearly with late notice ease of broadcast takes priority. Makes sense and tbf, if the Titans were already in Sydney making them travel again (swapping home games at this late stage) would have been unfair.
The fact it is a Cronulla home game moved to sunny coast originally, it's not hard to see why this has occurred.

It is what it is; less distance for us to travel so that will suit us you'd have to think. Plus we can get heaps of Raiders fans there now :)
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Yeah, there was a thread when the draw coming out adding up the total kms each team has to travel. We were one of the highest and some were saying we were hard done by.

As far as kms go, we have reduced significantly with a trip to Central Coast rather than Perth and now to Kogarah rather than Gold Coast. Potentially Auckland will also be replaced with Central Coast.

However, I am not sure our premiership chances are any more or less despite the fact we have probably saved 8000kms off the year with possibly more to come.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Bay53 wrote: March 31, 2021, 1:40 pm
hrundi89 wrote: March 31, 2021, 1:29 pm The tickets have disappeared from my Ticketek account.

I think Ticketek have shown that whilst these processes do take some time, they have been very good at giving refunds to any events that have been moved or cancelled over the past 12 months.

Ironically people who have bought single game tickets have found it much easier to get a refund than those who have bought memberships.
I got an email saying the refund will automatically be put back. Allow 20 working days
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: March 31, 2021, 5:02 pm
Bay53 wrote: March 31, 2021, 1:40 pm

I got an email saying the refund will automatically be put back. Allow 20 working days
Yep me too. It's not their first rodeo. Refunds will happen.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

Disappointed Gladys let them arrive before game day. Think of the huge health risk they pose! A risk so great that we couldn't make our way up before game day for a prelim final!!
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I wonder how the Titans halfback Fogarty is feeling, knowing that Papa can run him down from anywhere on the park. :evil:
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Good team

I hope CHN is back soon. He is my type of player, attack minded. Stick seems to like forwards to be real toilers - fair enough too - and I'm not sure we've seen that from CHN yet. Apparently he was poor for Mounties but he topped the tackle count, which is something.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Canberra Milk wrote: March 31, 2021, 8:23 pm Good team

I hope CHN is back soon. He is my type of player, attack minded. Stick seems to like forwards to be real toilers - fair enough too - and I'm not sure we've seen that from CHN yet. Apparently he was poor for Mounties but he topped the tackle count, which is something.
I watched a lot of that mounties game with my FIL
And absolutely no one looked good, seemed like "that" sort of day for them.... but certainly you couldnt promote CHN or Hors on the back of that performance... guys like Lui can get promoted on that sort of performance because he's in the good books, but CHN and Hors need to put runs on the board to get back in. Neither did. No one did.

That NSW Cup team should have handled Mounties easily on talent. Just a miserable performance.
raider 86
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by raider 86 »

Does anyone think Starlo has the ability to play fullback if required? I get that he hasnt before in senior footy but with Hodgo being so good and so dominant we obviously dont want to disrupt what he does there.

Just in case of injury like we had against the warriors being able to perhaps put starlo back at 1 and move CNK to cover wing / centre as he himself has played a lot of centre and wing before playing for us.

Yeah yeah i know starlo would actually need to train on the aspects of what a FB brings but im still burning at the fact we have Scott play for 76 minutes with the broken rib and the injury happen before AFB scored the first try.

Just trying to think of ideas in how to best utuilise the 14 jersey while Hodgo is the man at 9.

Also keep in mind what skill set Starlo has which would be suited in the 1 jersey. Speed to burn and ball playing. He's also got great support positioning.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

gergreg wrote:Image

Looks like he also picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue
luffraider
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Fensom

Post by luffraider »

And i thought campo to hooker was a bad one
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

Terry Martin to 5/8 in a final

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Wonder when tickets will go on sale? Saturday morning?

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Wow that just happened.... that had to be some early April fools ****?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

raider 86 wrote: March 31, 2021, 9:34 pm Does anyone think Starlo has the ability to play fullback if required? I get that he hasnt before in senior footy but with Hodgo being so good and so dominant we obviously dont want to disrupt what he does there.

Just in case of injury like we had against the warriors being able to perhaps put starlo back at 1 and move CNK to cover wing / centre as he himself has played a lot of centre and wing before playing for us.

Yeah yeah i know starlo would actually need to train on the aspects of what a FB brings but im still burning at the fact we have Scott play for 76 minutes with the broken rib and the injury happen before AFB scored the first try.

Just trying to think of ideas in how to best utuilise the 14 jersey while Hodgo is the man at 9.

Also keep in mind what skill set Starlo has which would be suited in the 1 jersey. Speed to burn and ball playing. He's also got great support positioning.
"When you try your best but you don't succeed..."
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

When u get what u want and not what u need...” 😂
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: The Titans can achieve their best start to a season after four rounds in five years if they beat Canberra Raiders on Saturday night. Jamie Soward takes an in-depth look at the game: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/04/01/tit ... --round-4/

GAME DAY GUIDE: Raiders v Titans: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/04 ... -v-titans/

TICKETS: Raiders v Titans on sale from 12:00pm Thursday. Raiders 2021 Members will be sent a code for a 10 per cent discount via email: https://premier.ticketek.com.au/default.aspx
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

greeneyed wrote: April 1, 2021, 9:46 am VIDEO: The Titans can achieve their best start to a season after four rounds in five years if they beat Canberra Raiders on Saturday night. Jamie Soward takes an in-depth look at the game: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/04/01/tit ... --round-4/

GAME DAY GUIDE: Raiders v Titans: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/04 ... -v-titans/

TICKETS: Raiders v Titans on sale from 12:00pm Thursday. Raiders 2021 Members will be sent a code for a 10 per cent discount via email: https://premier.ticketek.com.au/default.aspx
soward in depth raiders analysis is usually finding some weird way to say the other team will win despite us being the better team
Dont delete this GE
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

simo wrote: April 1, 2021, 9:56 am
greeneyed wrote: April 1, 2021, 9:46 am VIDEO: The Titans can achieve their best start to a season after four rounds in five years if they beat Canberra Raiders on Saturday night. Jamie Soward takes an in-depth look at the game: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/04/01/tit ... --round-4/

soward in depth raiders analysis is usually finding some weird way to say the other team will win despite us being the better team
While saying the Raiders will make the Grand Final. But lose every week in the lead up to the finals. Never forgiven the Raiders after he wasn't retained as a junior.