Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Re: 2020 Rd 4 V Titans: Teams and Previews

Post by Mickey_Raider »

BVRaider wrote: March 29, 2021, 8:48 pm
Matt wrote: March 29, 2021, 8:04 pm
GreenMachine wrote: March 29, 2021, 7:43 pm
BVRaider wrote: March 29, 2021, 6:32 pm Just like that this game becomes one of our most important of the season. If we can't deliver a professional and dominant 80 minutes this week we are in serious danger of being 2-3 after the Penrith game and will miss the top 4. We should of taken care of business against the Warriors but I sense a bit of complacency about the team this year and I really hope it doesn't turn out like 2017.
Complacency?
Your having a laugh.
Did you watch the game? See what happened with the injuries and **** ref?
I 2nd GMs ridicule of your post. The only thing that would save u is sarcasm, but I dont get a whiff of it in that post
I saw us blow a 21 point lead against the Warriors regardless of the circumstances and if it wasn't for good luck we would of blown another lead and lost against the Sharks the week before. We still haven't seen the team play two good halves of football in the same game this season and it's a bit of a cause for concern. We really need to get on top of it and deliver a big performance against the Titans if we are serious about the top 4. I know the team can do it I'm just waiting to see it this season and I would hope that I'm not alone in thinking that.
Appreciate your sentiment that we need to keep the wins ticking over to make the top 4.

But I think you're overreacting a bit. If we hadn't been destroyed by injury after a handful of minutes on the weekend we would be 3-0 and top of the ladder.
Up The Milk
Scared Hitless
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Scared Hitless »

Been a confirmed community case on the GC this morning, so that is a bit concerning. For those of us who live in QLD and don't get the opportunity to see the lads play live very often, it is particularly disappointing. Hopefully it is an isolated incident.
Last edited by Scared Hitless on March 30, 2021, 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Scared Hitless wrote: March 30, 2021, 11:46 am Been a confirmed community case on the GC this morning, so that is a bit concerning. For those of us who live in QLD and don't get the opportunity to see the lads play live very often, it is particular disappointing. Hopefully it is an isolated incident.
Yeah, I'd say my chances of attending now have absolutely plummeted.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

1992 wrote:The boyz to play 60 minutes and bring the media darlings on the overrated sunshine coast back down to earth.

Woah! Easy there, tiger.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Ticket sales frozen
Vaccinated
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Move the game to Sydney. The Titans can camp here for a fortnight...
Why take the risk.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

GreenMachine wrote: March 30, 2021, 12:25 pm Move the game to Sydney. The Titans can camp here for a fortnight...
Why take the risk.
The most sensible thing would be to move the game to Canberra, swapping the home venues. They then play the Gold Coast at Robina in Round 16. Take the decision early and get it organised.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

greeneyed wrote: March 30, 2021, 12:31 pm
GreenMachine wrote: March 30, 2021, 12:25 pm Move the game to Sydney. The Titans can camp here for a fortnight...
Why take the risk.
The most sensible thing would be to move the game to Canberra, swapping the home venues. They then play the Gold Coast at Robina in Round 16. Take the decision early and get it organised.
But this is the nrl , sensible in their vocab?
Vaccinated
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Why take the risk.
Agree...but when has the NRL ever been sensible?
Btw it looks like all our injured boys trained today ...I expect a full strength team to be named with possible changes later in the week...
The clues will be on the extended bench.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Versatility required in the faster, modern game: Hodgson

The Canberra Raiders were reduced to 14 men last Saturday against the New Zealand Warriors, after suffering a horror injury toll.

Thirteen fit men, given that Curtis Scott was playing with a likely broken rib.

So it was all hands on deck... with some players forced into playing in unfamiliar roles.

Canberra Raiders co-captain Josh Hodgson says that with rule changes speeding up the game and injuries aplenty, the modern rugby league player has to be versatile.

"I think that's what you've kind of got to do in this day and age and how quick the game is going," Hodgson said today.

"We've seen a fair few injuries over the past round, and the past couple of rounds. I think you've just got to be prepared to put your hand up and go where ever you're needed."

Siliva Havili, who came to the club as a back up for Hodgson at hooker, has had to also play quite a bit of football in the middle. On Saturday, he had to cover the loss of Sebastian Kris in the second row.

"I thought Liva did a fantastic job for us out in the right back row," Hodgson said.

"I can't remember a time when he's played there for us before. So to see him not only play there, but to do really well and to punch out some big minutes, was a tribute to him and how hard he worked in the off season."

"He's really knuckled down and he's looking as fit as I've ever seen him this year. I was glad to see Liva play some big minutes, and play some really strong good minutes as well, and not just get through it."

Hodgson himself had to change roles, when Tom Starling was injected into the game at dummy half. Hodgson thought that worked well. And it is a tactic coach Ricky Stuart may well use again.

"It'll probably depend upon each week and what the Stick wants to go with, but it's definitely a nice option to have," Hodgson said.

"If we want to play a bit of up tempo footy, we can bring Tommy [Starling] on when they've got those tired legs around the middle. It's a good option to have."

Hodgson paid tribute to Curtis Scott for his efforts in playing on while injured, in an hour of need.

"I've got to take my hat off to Curtis Scott as well," Hodgson said.

"He looks like he's maybe got a broken rib, I'm not too sure about it. He was in a lot of pain and he stayed out there for basically the whole second half with it."

"He was struggling to move but we had no choice but for him to stay on."

"He could have put his hand up and just walked off the field and said "I'm gone". So for him to hang in there for us was a massive effort by him and shows how tough the kid is."

Half George Williams, who was playing alongside Scott on the right edge, echoed his captain's thoughts.

"He was in a world of pain. He did a great job just to get through the match. I think he did it in the third minute, so credit to him," Williams said.

"That's the kind of courage and desire we showed on the weekend."

The Raiders face another tough opponent this week, in the Gold Coast Titans.

"They've recruited well and started the season pretty well," Williams said.

"They'll be pretty confident, but so are we. We had a loss but it's not the end of the world. We're not re-inventing the wheel. We know what we're good at and we'll get back to that this week."

A report for The Greenhouse

VIDEO: Williams and Hodgson praise Scott for playing through pain: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/03 ... ough-pain/

Fans won't let Titan forget Papalii chase: https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... -c-2472616
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Was Curtis Scott rib broken when police used the old phone book against the body trick???
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

2020 Rd 4 NRL teams: Raiders V Titans

Canberra Raiders V Gold Coast Titans
Saturday 3 April 7:35pm
Kogarah Jubilee Stadium
Tickets: Click here
TV coverage: Fox League Channel 502
Radio: ABC, Mix 106.3, 2CC

The Canberra Raiders have named their squad for Saturday night's match against the Gold Coast Titans.

Curtis Scott (ribs) and Joe Tapine (ankle) have been ruled out for Saturday’s contest, however, Hudson Young has been named to return to the team from a knee injury in the second row.

Both Scott and Tapine are hoping to be available for selection in 1-2 weeks.

Sebastian Kris and Ryan James are both named and will continue to undergo NRL concussion protocols this week, while Dunamis Lui also returns to the side this week in the starting side at prop.

Canberra Raiders media

Canberra Raiders

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Bailey Simonsson
3. Jarrod Croker
4. Sebastian Kris
5. Jordan Rapana
6. Jack Wighton
7. George Williams
8. Josh Papalii
9. Josh Hodgson
10. Dunamis Lui
11. Hudson Young
12. Elliott Whitehead
13. Ryan Sutton

14. Tom Starling
15. Siliva Havili
16. Sia Soliola
17. Ryan James

18. Sam Williams
19. Semi Valemei
20. Caleb Aekins
21. Emre Guler

Injury/Suspension
Joe Tapine, Ankle ligaments (Rd 5-6)
Curtis Scott, Ribs, (Rd 5-6)
Harley Smith-Shields, Biceps tendon (Rd 20-22)

Gold Coast Titans

1. Alexander Brimson
2. Anthony Don
3. Phillip Sami
4. Patrick Herbert
5. Corey Thompson
6. Tanah Boyd
7. Jamal Fogarty
8. Jarrod Wallace
9. Mitch Rein
10. Tino Fa’asuamaleaui
11. Kevin Proctor
12. David Fifita
13. Tyrone Peachey

14. Moeaki Fotuaika
15. Sam Lisone
16. Jaimin Jolliffe
17. Erin Clark

18. Beau Fermor
19. Herman Ese'ese
20. Sam McIntyre
21. Brian Kelly

Injury/Suspension

Brian Kelly, Hand (Rd 5)
Ash Taylor, Hand (Rd 6)

Officials

Referee: Adam Gee
Touch judges: Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski, Michael Wise
Video referee: Steve Chiddy

NRL teams: Click here
NSW Cup teams: Click here
Junior Representatives teams: Click here

Match Hashtags: #NRL #WeareRaiders #NRLTitansRaiders

The Greenhouse Hashtags: #WearGreen2021 #FromAllAngles

Plus follow us on Twitter: @TheGHRaiders and Instagram: @TheGHRaiders
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Looks good to me, welcome back DLui.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

I like it. Only thing I would change is having Timoko on the reserves ahead on Aekins just in case Hudson doesn’t make it and Kris moves into 2nd row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

So Starling is 14 AND 19?? Nice!
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

The Nickman wrote: March 30, 2021, 3:06 pm So Starling is 14 AND 19?? Nice!
Thank God you picked that up too...its too early in the day to be developing double vision.
Last edited by GreenMachine on March 30, 2021, 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walter
David Grant

Post by Walter »

Why take the risk.
Given they play each other home and away it's so hard to believe they wouldn't just organise a straight swap and play in Canberra this weekend. It sounds as thought there won't be a crowd if it goes ahead at the GC anyway.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Re: 2020 Rd 4 V Titans: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by GreenMachine »

I reckon one of Tapine or Scott will come into the team....
While were cloning T Starling, can we do the same with Josh Papalii?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Starling and Havili on the bench is interesting

Very mobile rotation

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

cat wrote: March 29, 2021, 4:24 pm To jump now and try and cancel flights or hang on and see what happens....
Soo frustrating
I've cancelled my accommodation so that's $1500 back on the c/c.

:cry: :|
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

-TW- wrote: March 30, 2021, 3:21 pm Starling and Havili on the bench is interesting

Very mobile rotation

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
I think it’s looks ok Tim. Very mobile.

Can’t wait for Sutton to rip in. Hudson back on an edge.

Need these two to stop Fifita..ALL DAY.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

GreenMachine wrote: March 30, 2021, 3:09 pm
Thank God you picked that up too...its too early in the day to be developing double vision.
Caleb Aekins is on the extended bench. Starling is in the 17 at #14.

Kris looked worse than James did. So, he might be replaced by Valemei at the last minute.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

GreenMachine wrote:I reckon one of Tapine or Scott will come into the team....
As discussed last week, unlikely they could come in without exemption. This situation is the reverse of the previous exemptions given by the NRL.
Green Beers
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Ricky staurt

Post by Green Beers »

yurithe1 wrote: March 30, 2021, 3:37 pm

You know that means raps to centre don’t you

Kris looked worse than James did. So, he might be replaced by Valemei at the last minute.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

I did suggest on the Facebook chat yesterday that if Kris is ruled out it will be Rapana to centre and Valemei or Aekins to the wing. The team selected does seem to confirm this.

Massive relief that Tapine is only going to miss 1-2. There was some concern initially that it was Achilles which would have been season and potentially into next year. It is probably the worst injury to get, worse than an ACL. That was my fear on Saturday.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Danaman137 wrote: March 30, 2021, 3:05 pm I like it. Only thing I would change is having Timoko on the reserves ahead on Aekins just in case Hudson doesn’t make it and Kris moves into 2nd row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think they are pretty confident Huddo will be ok. Kris and James will be the 50/50s.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

BJ wrote: March 30, 2021, 3:48 pm
As discussed last week, unlikely they could come in without exemption. This situation is the reverse of the previous exemptions given by the NRL.
That is exactly why this rule was brought in. To stop first choice players not being named then coming in last minute.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Bay53 wrote: March 30, 2021, 4:11 pm
BJ wrote: March 30, 2021, 3:48 pm
That is exactly why this rule was brought in. To stop first choice players not being named then coming in last minute.
Your both right.
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

yurithe1 wrote: March 30, 2021, 3:37 pm

No he didn't. Kris never lost consciousness, and passed his HIA. James was out cold for a while, bleeding from the mouth, suspected busted jaw, and failed his HIA. Not sure on what planet Kris looked worse than James.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Sticky possibly channeling his inner Tim Sheens here with these last two lineups.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

hrundi89 wrote: March 30, 2021, 3:25 pm
cat wrote: March 29, 2021, 4:24 pm To jump now and try and cancel flights or hang on and see what happens....
Soo frustrating
I've cancelled my accommodation so that's $1500 back on the c/c.

:cry: :|
Although the situation looks grim as all hell, I'm not cancelling my flights and accommodation until I absolutely HAVE to.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Am I correct in reading that team selection as:

Simo/Croker on the left,

Rapana/Kris on the right?

Happy days if so.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Bay53 wrote: March 30, 2021, 4:08 pm I did suggest on the Facebook chat yesterday that if Kris is ruled out it will be Rapana to centre and Valemei or Aekins to the wing. The team selected does seem to confirm this.

Massive relief that Tapine is only going to miss 1-2. There was some concern initially that it was Achilles which would have been season and potentially into next year. It is probably the worst injury to get, worse than an ACL. That was my fear on Saturday.
His ankle is one that he's done once or twice before from memory so I think they know how to grade and manage that one too. Probably the best possible result considering how it looked.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders' versatility under pressure an asset going forward

While Canberra Raiders are still shattered by their last-gasp round three loss to the Warriors, Josh Hodgson, says one positive was the way in which the Raiders players demonstrated their versatility.

"I thought he did a good job Tommy when he came on – I thought he was going to come out at front row at one point when I saw him sitting by himself on the bench!" Hodgson laughed. "He came on and gave us that bit of energy we needed, a bit of talk and a bit of spark."

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/03/30/rai ... g-forward/

GALLERY: Raiders training for Titans: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/03 ... -v-titans/

Versatility required in the faster, modern game: Hodgson: viewtopic.php?p=1783980#p1783980

Canberra Raiders halfback George Williams ready to face David Fifita

It's a challenge George Williams is relishing. But the hard-as-nails Canberra Raiders halfback refuses to make the mistake of giving David Fifita too much respect.

"Like everyone knows he's a big name in the competition and as good as he is I'm not giving him too much respect. I've got to do my job and I've got to make my tackles for the team."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Canberra Raiders CEO Don Furner: Strict conditions mean new 18th man will be "very, very, very rarely" used

Canberra Raiders boss Don Furner says it will be "highly unlikely" the NRL's new 18th man will be used.

"I'm not sure who came up with that number or why. I'm not sure the reasons why that was the magic number because it seems highly unlikely that that will happen. Very, very, very rarely."

ARLC gives approval in principle for 18th player

The Australian Rugby League Commission (ARLC) today met and gave approval in principle for NRL clubs to activate an 18th player when three players from a team have failed HIA Tests. The rule will commence from Round 5 of the NRL Premiership season.

The Commission agreed the 18th player must be an emerging player. Before introducing the new measure, the ARLC will consult with the RLPA, Clubs and coaches. Included in the consultation will be the definition of an emerging player. Further, amendments may be made to the measure after such consultation.

The NRL will meet the travel costs of the 18th player.

ARLC Chairman Peter V’landys AM said the Commission had listened to players and clubs.

“This is a dynamic environment. As a Commission we have always said we would be agile in changing rules when it is in the best interests of the game and this is one of those examples,’’ he said.

“We see this as an opportunity to give an emerging player a taste of first grade rugby league in their team’s time of need. The 18th player will also have to be rotated weekly so you don’t have a young player missing out on playing lower grades every week.”

“All fans agree we don’t want to see a situation where a club is left with one player on the bench and this rule change will provide insurance for all clubs. It will also only be activated in the most dire of circumstances for a club, so we don’t see it having a material impact on games every week.”

NRL media release

Scott, Tapine ruled out of Raiders' Titans clash

Curtis Scott and Joe Tapine have been ruled out of the trip to the Gold Coast with rib and ankle injuries respectively.

Raiders squad: 1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, 2. Bailey Simonsson, 3. Jarrod Croker (c), 4. Sebastian Kris, 5. Jordan Rapana, 6. Jack Wighton, 7. George Williams, 8. Josh Papalii, 9. Josh Hodgson (c), 10. Dunamis Lui, 11. Hudson Young, 12. Elliott Whitehead, 13. Ryan Sutton. Interchange: 14. Tom Starling, 15. Siliva Havili, 16. Sia Soliola, 17. Ryan James. Reserves: 18. Sam Williams, 19. Semi Valemei, 20. Caleb Aekins, 21. Emre Guler.

Curtis Scott and Joe Tapine are set to miss 1-2 weeks following injuries suffered against the Warriors in Round 3: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/03 ... ames-kris/
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

BadnMean wrote: March 30, 2021, 5:24 pm Am I correct in reading that team selection as:

Simo/Croker on the left,

Rapana/Kris on the right?

Happy days if so.
I theory yes. In practice, no. Rapana has been named as being outside Scott the last few weeks but it hasn't eventuated. Not sure why Sticky is naming him as a 5 when he's playing as a 2.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.