Don Furner

Re: 2020 Rd 4 V Titans: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

IBG wrote: April 2, 2021, 9:04 am OK this might be the greatest thing I've ever seen.

Kudos to the Titans social media team and Fogarty for having a sense of humour. Epic stuff.

I like it too but he shouldn't quit his day job, that's the worst acting I've ever seen :lol:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Peter V’landys responds to Ricky Stuart’s call for 18th man use to include acts of foul play

The NRL is considering a proposal from Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart to expand the use of an 18th man to cover serious acts of foul play. Coaches would be allowed to replace players forced off the remainder of the game if the incident that caused the injury is serious enough to go on report or put a player in the sin bin. Stuart’s plan has the support of independent commission chairman Peter V’landys.

Stuart is actually in favour of having an 18th and 19th man on the bench. And he is campaigning for clubs to be able to choose their next best players, not just an emerging talent.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... c9e0c5395d
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Don't know about 19th man, but I agree on the points of having coverage for foul play and having your next best player, rather than developing playing on as 18th man

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

Re 18th and 19th man... I think they should just focus on limiting interchanges, maybe an extra for foul play... but else bare minimum,.,,and then allow clubs as many players as they like. If you want to use 17 or 25 who cares, Seems simple. Sans injury teams will always want their best out there. Someone give me the counter to this?
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

Boomercm wrote: April 3, 2021, 12:29 am Re 18th and 19th man... I think they should just focus on limiting interchanges, maybe an extra for foul play... but else bare minimum,.,,and then allow clubs as many players as they like. If you want to use 17 or 25 who cares, Seems simple. Sans injury teams will always want their best out there. Someone give me the counter to this?
No counter from me mate. I was having the same thought myself. There are 8 interchanges. If they be 8 new players or the same ones being subbed back in who cares. You want to see the best team win. On the weekend that didn't happen. With a fit bench we win by a cricket score but because some Dr decided to keep Kris off despite passing all tests, we lost. And how can it be good for the game or players welfare to keep a bloke with a fractured rib on. It's just silly
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

FROG wrote: April 3, 2021, 5:25 am
Boomercm wrote: April 3, 2021, 12:29 am Re 18th and 19th man... I think they should just focus on limiting interchanges, maybe an extra for foul play... but else bare minimum,.,,and then allow clubs as many players as they like. If you want to use 17 or 25 who cares, Seems simple. Sans injury teams will always want their best out there. Someone give me the counter to this?
No counter from me mate. I was having the same thought myself. There are 8 interchanges. If they be 8 new players or the same ones being subbed back in who cares. You want to see the best team win. On the weekend that didn't happen. With a fit bench we win by a cricket score but because some Dr decided to keep Kris off despite passing all tests, we lost. And how can it be good for the game or players welfare to keep a bloke with a fractured rib on. It's just silly
Absolutely. You just get rid of the free interchange for HIA - the only free interchange is for foul play. Then teams can carry game day squads of 21 which allows cover for injuries/HIA's etc... but you still get fatigue.

Last week we would have used 4 interchanges in the first 15 minutes (Scott, Tapine, Kris, and James). That significantly affects us as we would only have 4 interchanges left for the game. Whoever is out there is going to be tired anyway, at least you could have tired but uninjured guys out there.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Anyone else going tonight?

How's the parking around Kogarah oval?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

dubby wrote: April 3, 2021, 9:21 am Anyone else going tonight?

How's the parking around Kogarah oval?

Yep coming

And parking is challenging and free. Pretty much all street parking and you want to be away from st george hospital cause all those spots are time limited with eager beaver parking rangers getting holiday rates
Vaccinated
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Think I'll catch the train

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

dubby wrote: April 3, 2021, 9:47 am Think I'll catch the train

Get off at carlton not Kogarah
Vaccinated
BVRaider
David Grant
Favourite Player: Edrick Lee

Re: 2020 Rd 4 V Titans: Teams and Previews

Post by BVRaider »

BVRaider wrote: March 29, 2021, 8:48 pm
Matt wrote: March 29, 2021, 8:04 pm
GreenMachine wrote: March 29, 2021, 7:43 pm
BVRaider wrote: March 29, 2021, 6:32 pm Just like that this game becomes one of our most important of the season. If we can't deliver a professional and dominant 80 minutes this week we are in serious danger of being 2-3 after the Penrith game and will miss the top 4. We should of taken care of business against the Warriors but I sense a bit of complacency about the team this year and I really hope it doesn't turn out like 2017.
Complacency?
Your having a laugh.
Did you watch the game? See what happened with the injuries and **** ref?
I 2nd GMs ridicule of your post. The only thing that would save u is sarcasm, but I dont get a whiff of it in that post
I saw us blow a 21 point lead against the Warriors regardless of the circumstances and if it wasn't for good luck we would of blown another lead and lost against the Sharks the week before. We still haven't seen the team play two good halves of football in the same game this season and it's a bit of a cause for concern. We really need to get on top of it and deliver a big performance against the Titans if we are serious about the top 4. I know the team can do it I'm just waiting to see it this season and I would hope that I'm not alone in thinking that.
Bump