11%

Total votes: 19

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: 2020 Rd 4 V Titans: Teams and Previews

Post by -PJ- »

Matt wrote: March 29, 2021, 3:23 pm
-PJ- wrote: March 29, 2021, 3:17 pm I think Seb Kris will be good to go.

He passed his HIA on Saturday right ?
No or he would have returned to the field.
Yeah better double check that Matt..

Get back to me.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

I think he passed the test but they kept him off based on the NRL doctor's final review of the incident.
According to what was mentioned in commentary anyway.
Last edited by zim on March 29, 2021, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Matt wrote: March 29, 2021, 3:23 pm

No or he would have returned to the field.
He did pass his test but as he had been knocked out and it was a significant hit the doc correctly wouldn't let him back on
Vaccinated
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL have plans in place for Canberra Raiders' Gold Coast game

NRL football boss Graham Annesley says they have a range of contingency plans in place for the Canberra Raiders' trip to the Gold Coast. The Raiders will still travel to face the Titans as planned on Saturday.

Contingency plans could include the use of charter flights for the Raiders, same-day travel up and back to minimise time in Queensland, and moving the game as as a last resort.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I clearly saw Seb Kris laying underneath a heavily concussed Ryan James, Kris was awake. Concussed yes but awake. Both players leave the field for HIA protocol testing.

Seb Kris at no stage that I’m aware of was knocked out.

He passes his HIA but for he’s own safety is wiped from the rest of the match.

Good decision.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Smurfette
Brett Mullins

Post by Smurfette »

MD96 wrote: March 29, 2021, 1:43 pm Think we are in genuine danger of not having a crowd/having this at the Gold Coast on the weekend? Had tickets and accom booked for months.

Didn't get a Raiders game last year due to covid and this timing is horrible!!
I am something of a COVID optimist, but I think the risk of the game being closed to spectators or moved is low at this stage. No restrictions currently in place for GC except mandatory mask wearing indoors (and recommended if outdoors and social distancing not possible). Will all depend on what transpires over the next couple of days though.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

greeneyed wrote: March 29, 2021, 3:29 pm NRL have plans in place for Canberra Raiders' Gold Coast game

NRL football boss Graham Annesley says they have a range of contingency plans in place for the Canberra Raiders' trip to the Gold Coast. The Raiders will still travel to face the Titans as planned on Saturday.

Contingency plans could include the use of charter flights for the Raiders, same-day travel up and back to minimise time in Queensland, and moving the game as as a last resort.

raiders will be forced to field a team of queensland based supporters before they move the game to nsw which they should just straight up be doing.
Dont delete this GE
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

To jump now and try and cancel flights or hang on and see what happens....
Soo frustrating
Vaccinated
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

cat wrote: March 29, 2021, 4:24 pm To jump now and try and cancel flights or hang on and see what happens....
Soo frustrating
Hang on, it's madness to cancel anything until you know for sure you have to.
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

The Nickman wrote: March 29, 2021, 4:28 pm
cat wrote: March 29, 2021, 4:24 pm To jump now and try and cancel flights or hang on and see what happens....
Soo frustrating

Thursday is the point of no return, will have to pay accommodation otherwise and don't think i can get tickets and airfare back
Arghh
Vaccinated
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

cat wrote: March 29, 2021, 4:31 pm
The Nickman wrote: March 29, 2021, 4:28 pm
Soo frustrating
Thursday is the point of no return, will have to pay accommodation otherwise and don't think i can get tickets and airfare back
Arghh
No, in these times of COVID they will absolutely let you cancel anything. You won't get your airfare back, but you'll get travel credits and they won't charge you to change your flights.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Also, by Thursday you'll have a clearer indication of what's happening, cat. Absolutely no reason to try and make a decision today.
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

The Nickman wrote: March 29, 2021, 4:57 pm Also, by Thursday you'll have a clearer indication of what's happening, cat. Absolutely no reason to try and make a decision today.
I just hate limbo lol
Vaccinated
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

cat wrote: March 29, 2021, 4:59 pm
The Nickman wrote: March 29, 2021, 4:57 pm Also, by Thursday you'll have a clearer indication of what's happening, cat. Absolutely no reason to try and make a decision today.
I just hate limbo lol
Haha everybody does, but the tendency for people is to make knee-jerk reactions in this situation where there's really no need to yet.

Just be patient and wait until you have to make a decision before you do, I'm in exactly the same boat.
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

The Nickman wrote: March 29, 2021, 5:06 pm
I just hate limbo lol
Haha everybody does, but the tendency for people is to make knee-jerk reactions in this situation where there's really no need to yet.

Just be patient and wait until you have to make a decision before you do, I'm in exactly the same boat.
I'm watching vlandys he seems to have the good info
He jumps i jump :P
Vaccinated
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

I just hate limbo lol

Vaccinated
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

I just hate limbo lol

Vaccinated
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

I just hate limbo lol

Vaccinated
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Injured Canberra Raiders likely to be given until 11th hour

Raiders coach Ricky Stuart looks set to include Joe Tapine (ankle), Curtis Scott (ribs), Hudson Young (knee), Ryan James (concussion) and Sebastian Kris (concussion) in his team to face the Titans.

"Both the HIA boys, Seb and Ryan, have presented very well at training," Stuart said. "Curtis and Joe are the players in doubt. I'll know more by the back end of the week. I'll be naming Hudson and giving him every opportunity to play too."

Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

It’s gonna be smokescreen city on Saturday night!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

You really can’t name 4 blokes under a cloud. I’d expect Scott and Tapine to be omitted tomorrow.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

No chance Scott or Tapine play...
The rest will be ok.
hobbsy
Glenn Lazarus

Post by hobbsy »

simo wrote: March 29, 2021, 3:41 pm
greeneyed wrote: March 29, 2021, 3:29 pm NRL have plans in place for Canberra Raiders' Gold Coast game

raiders will be forced to field a team of queensland based supporters before they move the game to nsw which they should just straight up be doing.
I'm ready for the call up...
BVRaider
David Grant
Favourite Player: Edrick Lee

Post by BVRaider »

Just like that this game becomes one of our most important of the season. If we can't deliver a professional and dominant 80 minutes this week we are in serious danger of being 2-3 after the Penrith game and will miss the top 4. We should of taken care of business against the Warriors but I sense a bit of complacency about the team this year and I really hope it doesn't turn out like 2017.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

BVRaider wrote: March 29, 2021, 6:32 pm Just like that this game becomes one of our most important of the season. If we can't deliver a professional and dominant 80 minutes this week we are in serious danger of being 2-3 after the Penrith game and will miss the top 4. We should of taken care of business against the Warriors but I sense a bit of complacency about the team this year and I really hope it doesn't turn out like 2017.
Complacency?
Your having a laugh.
Did you watch the game? See what happened with the injuries and **** ref?
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

-PJ- wrote: March 29, 2021, 3:32 pm I clearly saw Seb Kris laying underneath a heavily concussed Ryan James, Kris was awake. Concussed yes but awake. Both players leave the field for HIA protocol testing.

Good decision.
While I get the player welfare thing, I too saw a fairly alert Kris under James. I was annoyed at the time because we would lose 2 to HIA, but figured he would pass and return, unlike James who was clearly goneski.

I figured he didn't pass, hence not returning, and didn't hear otherwise. If he passed, why would he not return? Im sure there are others, but don't recall players passing and not returning unless its late in the game, or their team was running up a score/ being pumped and it was pointless.

Isn't the point of the test to decide the severity? And danger to the player should he return?

Not sure how I say this without downplaying head knocks, but there were a couple of others out there on the weekend that probably shouldn't have been. In hindsight, its even easier to believe he could have been the difference between a loss and a win.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

GreenMachine wrote: March 29, 2021, 7:43 pm
BVRaider wrote: March 29, 2021, 6:32 pm Just like that this game becomes one of our most important of the season. If we can't deliver a professional and dominant 80 minutes this week we are in serious danger of being 2-3 after the Penrith game and will miss the top 4. We should of taken care of business against the Warriors but I sense a bit of complacency about the team this year and I really hope it doesn't turn out like 2017.
Complacency?
Your having a laugh.
I 2nd GMs ridicule of your post. The only thing that would save u is sarcasm, but I dont get a whiff of it in that post
raider 86
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

Post by raider 86 »

1. CNK
2. Jordan Rapana (right)
3. Seb Kris
4. Jarrod Croker
5. Bailey Simmonson
6. Jack Wighton
7. George Williams
8. Josh Papalii
9. Josh Hodgson
10. Ryan Sutton
11. Hudson Young
12. Captain England
13. CHN

14. Tom Starling
15. Emre Guler
16. Corey Horsbourgh
17. Ryan James / Sia if he cant play.

Things id like to see but I know I wont is Young to the left side and Whitehead to the right. Let our most experinced edge defender take on Fifita and let our own (young) bull take on their right side. I feel as though he would be better suited to compliment to attacking whole running threat of wighton then Whitehead does when George plays to the left side.

Id also start CHN at lock because hes the most like for like replacement for Tapine. He's edge defence isnt the best so playing him middle should help that and he does run good lines for hodgos crash ball. He doesnt deserve the starting 13 jumper and he wouldnt get close to it if Taps was good to go. Plus since he doesnt deserve it maybe he can repay the faith like Young has and play his part and more while Taps is out.

Guler and Hors to play longer then usual spells to help the load on Sutto and Paps.
BVRaider
David Grant
Favourite Player: Edrick Lee

Post by BVRaider »

Matt wrote: March 29, 2021, 8:04 pm
GreenMachine wrote: March 29, 2021, 7:43 pm
Complacency?
Your having a laugh.
I 2nd GMs ridicule of your post. The only thing that would save u is sarcasm, but I dont get a whiff of it in that post
I saw us blow a 21 point lead against the Warriors regardless of the circumstances and if it wasn't for good luck we would of blown another lead and lost against the Sharks the week before. We still haven't seen the team play two good halves of football in the same game this season and it's a bit of a cause for concern. We really need to get on top of it and deliver a big performance against the Titans if we are serious about the top 4. I know the team can do it I'm just waiting to see it this season and I would hope that I'm not alone in thinking that.
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Joseph 'the worm' Tapine

Post by 1992 »

The boyz to play 60 minutes and bring the media darlings on the overrated sunshine coast back down to earth.

Jack to kick out on the full will also feature..
WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

Matt wrote: March 29, 2021, 8:01 pm
-PJ- wrote: March 29, 2021, 3:32 pm I clearly saw Seb Kris laying underneath a heavily concussed Ryan James, Kris was awake. Concussed yes but awake. Both players leave the field for HIA protocol testing.

Good decision.
While I get the player welfare thing, I too saw a fairly alert Kris under James. I was annoyed at the time because we would lose 2 to HIA, but figured he would pass and return, unlike James who was clearly goneski.

I figured he didn't pass, hence not returning, and didn't hear otherwise. If he passed, why would he not return? Im sure there are others, but don't recall players passing and not returning unless its late in the game, or their team was running up a score/ being pumped and it was pointless.

Isn't the point of the test to decide the severity? And danger to the player should he return?

Not sure how I say this without downplaying head knocks, but there were a couple of others out there on the weekend that probably shouldn't have been. In hindsight, its even easier to believe he could have been the difference between a loss and a win.
I see what you're saying but I like that the doctor didn't let him return. The HIA test is flawed. Last time I got concussed, I could easily have passed any test but I had problems for a long time afterwards. Another hit that day and I'd have been stuffed. Kris is just starting his career and we need to look after him - even though he would've been the difference on Saturday.

I also thought he looked pretty ordinary. Awake maybe but empty-eyed. I think this is the thing with concussion, it presents differently.

I worked with the wife of a former Raider who told me he used to get concussed pretty much every game, just not severely. He could make himself stand up and keep going, so no one noticed. That worries me.

Then you have guys like Boyd Cordner who get knocked out now with barely any contact and each time he's completely wiped out.

Hard to know but I think we'll reflect on this period in the future as not being a good system to protect players' brains.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

I just hope CNK gets his mojo back soon....
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

cat wrote: March 29, 2021, 5:20 pm
I just hate limbo lol

I get your frustration cat. It does make it hard.

I am not going this weekend, had not planned to go. I am staying in Canberra to play a golf tournament, has probably proved to be a wise decision as I would have been in the same boat as you. Going to Queensland for the Cowboys game and Magic Round but I expect we will have moved to the next crisis by then.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Bay53 wrote: March 30, 2021, 8:51 am
cat wrote: March 29, 2021, 5:20 pm
I just hate limbo lol

I get your frustration cat. It does make it hard.

I am not going this weekend, had not planned to go. I am staying in Canberra to play a golf tournament, has probably proved to be a wise decision as I would have been in the same boat as you. Going to Queensland for the Cowboys game and Magic Round but I expect we will have moved to the next crisis by then.
I will be at both those games too (obviously Magic Round), but hopefully this weekend as well!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

1992 wrote: March 29, 2021, 9:21 pm The boyz to play 60 minutes and bring the media darlings on the overrated sunshine coast back down to earth.

Jack to kick out on the full will also feature..
Errrrr, Sunshine Coast?

Ummm, somebody want to tell him?