Warriors 13+
No votes

Total votes: 9

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

2021 Rd 3 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by The Nickman »

I dunno Botman, I’ve always found *checks notes* Scared Hitless to be a sound judge and voice of reason in most Canberra Raiders discussions, so I have to side with him again here.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Re: 2021 Rd 3 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by julian87 »

Scared Hitless wrote: March 27, 2021, 4:35 pm
julian87 wrote: March 27, 2021, 4:18 pm
Scared Hitless wrote: March 27, 2021, 4:00 pm I get so tired of hearing how brave a performance games like this are. 'Brave' is the most overused word in the English language.

These are professional athletes being paid exorbitant amounts of money to win. They were good enoigh to get 21 points ahead, they need to be good enough to manage the game - and all associated hurdles - to hold on and win.

The best teams do and we didn't. I have no time for 'bravery' or other buzzwords/soundbites after a match like that.
Jesus Christ.
Yeah, it's laced with frustrating but I stand by it. We have to learn to overcome obstacles better. It isn't 12 or 15 points, it was 21!!! That isn't all down to Perenara as some of the other guys have pointed out.
It was actually -6 points when the injuries happened. I try my very best to not be harsh on this forum but **** me dead. It was a sensational performance and if you can’t understand what happened in game and it’s ramifications I can not help you.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

The Nickman wrote: March 27, 2021, 4:40 pm I dunno Botman, I’ve always found *checks notes* Scared Hitless to be a sound judge and voice of reason in most Canberra Raiders discussions, so I have to side with him again here.
Touché haha
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Seiffert82 wrote: March 27, 2021, 4:39 pm
Pete Cash wrote: March 27, 2021, 3:59 pm We just had literally everything go against us that game. I think we can take stuff from it. Hopefully Tapine isnt too injured. Best to just forget it and move on
Yep, hard to remember a game with that sort of injury toll and decisions go against us and still just lose. Offloads were 20-3 in the end. Unbelievable.

Warriors are a very good team too.
Lol. They are trash.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: March 27, 2021, 4:45 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: March 27, 2021, 4:39 pm
Pete Cash wrote: March 27, 2021, 3:59 pm We just had literally everything go against us that game. I think we can take stuff from it. Hopefully Tapine isnt too injured. Best to just forget it and move on
Yep, hard to remember a game with that sort of injury toll and decisions go against us and still just lose. Offloads were 20-3 in the end. Unbelievable.

Warriors are a very good team too.
Lol. They are trash.
Lol, no not really.
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

Wow that presser!!! Stuart really didn't want to be there... He even said he was willing to give the money to a charity in a fine, but not the NRL!

"Um, in all my years of coaching, that's probably 18 or 19 years of coaching I've never been involved in a better team performance"

"I've never seen a group of individuals, which we were down to fourteen, play so well but yet, play to such adversity and play for each other."

"I've got a winning team in there, because we didn't get the points tonight but I know what change room I would prefer to be a coach in tonight and that's my change room"

"I've come in here because it's my job, I respect the fact you have a job, but I've got $20,000 hanging over my head and I don't show up I get fined. If all the fine money was going to the Ricky Stuart foundation I would tell you the truth today" ~ " can't tell you the truth, I can't say the way that game panned out because I would get fined, I'm not going to answer any questions, I've done my job, thanks" *Mic drop, exit stage right*
Last edited by Ultima on March 27, 2021, 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scared Hitless
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Scared Hitless »

Botman wrote: March 27, 2021, 4:38 pm
Scared Hitless wrote: March 27, 2021, 4:00 pm I get so tired of hearing how brave a performance games like this are. 'Brave' is the most overused word in the English language.

These are professional athletes being paid exorbitant amounts of money to win. They were good enoigh to get 21 points ahead, they need to be good enough to manage the game - and all associated hurdles - to hold on and win.

The best teams do and we didn't. I have no time for 'bravery' or other buzzwords/soundbites after a match like that.
Jesus Christ.
Yeah, it's laced with frustrating but I stand by it. We have to learn to overcome obstacles better. It isn't 12 or 15 points, it was 21!!! That isn't all down to Perenara as some of the other guys have pointed out. See
Mate, stop it
We had no middle bench, one centre dislocated his finger, one fractured his ribs
We had havilii playing edge
Hodgson playing as a middle running forward
And the officials had a terrible game at our expense
This is not the game to be pissing and loaning about this
Some good points, Botman, but we were good enough to blow out to 21 points. I don't think that is insignificant.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Scared Hitless wrote:
Botman wrote: March 27, 2021, 4:38 pm

Jesus Christ.
Yeah, it's laced with frustrating but I stand by it. We have to learn to overcome obstacles better. It isn't 12 or 15 points, it was 21!!! That isn't all down to Perenara as some of the other guys have pointed out. See
Mate, stop it
We had no middle bench, one centre dislocated his finger, one fractured his ribs
We had havilii playing edge
Hodgson playing as a middle running forward
And the officials had a terrible game at our expense
This is not the game to be pissing and loaning about this
Some good points, Botman, but we were good enough to blow out to 21 points. I don't think that is insignificant.
When they had the majority of possession, this is pretty common sense

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I’m angry.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
hobbsy
Glenn Lazarus

Post by hobbsy »

Chill Winston.
We will win the comp
Its round 3
Just relax
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Im so angry im gunna squeeze my nuts till my nose bleeds.
This place is woke.
Scared Hitless
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Scared Hitless »

The Nickman wrote: March 27, 2021, 4:40 pm I dunno Botman, I’ve always found *checks notes* Scared Hitless to be a sound judge and voice of reason in most Canberra Raiders discussions, so I have to side with him again here.
You boys really hate differences of opinion don't you?
mick63
David Grant
Favourite Player: chicka,lazzo,logan,rapana

Post by mick63 »

-PJ- wrote: March 27, 2021, 4:51 pmI’m angry.[/quote

The team I’m proud of.

But 100% I’m with you PJ.
Green Blogger
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Green Blogger »

The best teams don’t do that when they lose three players early. Any lead was gold but when your front rowers are playing 70 minutes each it was obvious that the real threat in this game was fatigue and getting run down by a Warriors team who are at their best when they ad lib and throw the ball around. The only reason we lost today was the inability of the ref and touchies to call half a dozen passes forward - including the most blatant one which resulted in a try that was the difference on the scoreboard. Our players were amazing today and the game I watched was clearly heavily influenced by injuries and referees - not by our inability to defend a lead.
Last edited by Green Blogger on March 27, 2021, 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

20-3 offloads. The Warriors played like they had nothing to lose and it paid off.

9 times out of 10 when they attempt that style it would be error central for them. Today they struck gold, on the back of the refereeing issues.

Ricky nailed the presser. We should be very proud of this team.
Last edited by Seiffert82 on March 27, 2021, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

Scared Hitless wrote: March 27, 2021, 4:55 pm
You're post game summary was so offensive today I'm starting to think it was a brilliant ploy to bring the GH together as one. Typically impossible after a loss. Well played sir.
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Great presser from Rick.

- I've got a winning change room.
-I know which dressing room I would rather be coach of
- I can't tell you what I want to say because I will get a 20k fine
- Goodbye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

julian87 wrote: March 27, 2021, 4:42 pm
It was actually -6 points when the injuries happened. I try my very best to not be harsh on this forum but **** me dead. It was a sensational performance and if you can’t understand what happened in game and it’s ramifications I can not help you.
Not a sensational performance at all when you can't control a 21 pt lead, under known circumstances.

Honestly mate, that's a failure to control a game. It's literally in the teams/coaches hands at that point. Hodgo needed to be more at dummy half- Starling could have been the lock- dumb play which had each playing their weaker suit and not their strength. Wighton went missing (impression at the ground).

And some poor psoitional selections being carried cost us (Rapana). Didn't see Scott or Croker delivering much from the back 5 either.

I count that as 2 points we threw away not 2 points lost.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Scared Hitless wrote: March 27, 2021, 4:55 pm
I don’t
I enjoy arguing about it
But you’re not being fair OR reasonable on this occasion
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

If we win that game it would have been an amazingly unlikely result. Incredible effort to still be a red hot go at it in the last 10 seconds.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

gergreg wrote: March 27, 2021, 5:05 pm If we win that game it would have been an amazingly unlikely result. Incredible effort to still be a red hot go at it in the last 10 seconds.

even more unlikely under the new rules. You can't manage the game by slowing it down. We were amazing
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

I had to stop reading this thread. Anybody giving the boys grief after that, please see yourselves out. Bai felicia

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

BadnMean wrote:
And some poor psoitional selections being carried cost us (Rapana). Didn't see Scott or Croker delivering much from the back 5 either.
Which guy do you think was more disappointing ... the one with the dislocated finger or the one with a broken rib?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I had to go back and do a double take, because I could have sworn cecchin was the ref because he was wearing a brilliant Henry mask, and for some reason I always leave Raiders games Henry referees very disappointed.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Green_Hammock wrote: March 27, 2021, 4:26 pm Heart breaking loss. Been a while since I've felt this devastated after a game.
Nothing to be devastated about tonight. We only gained respect. Fair enough we are all disappointed we didn’t win but long term we lose nothing from that result and gain a lot.
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Can't get over that ****.. might have to head out tonight
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

IF...Seb Kris had come back on, it would have given us an extra player for rotation and we could have replaced Scott.

One of those days.....we march on
Last edited by Johno on March 27, 2021, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

T_R wrote: March 27, 2021, 5:09 pm
BadnMean wrote:
Which guy do you think was more disappointing ... the one with the dislocated finger or the one with a broken rib?

The one with the broken rib was the straw that broke the camel’s back. We probably would have got away with the injuries and the bad calls, but when you have someone who is struggling to that degree and for 75 mins, it makes it very hard.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Johno wrote: March 27, 2021, 5:17 pm IF...Seb Kris had come back on, it gave us an extra player for rotation and could have replaced Scott.

One of those days.....we march on
Absolutely. It is only a matter of time before there is a concussion sub. We already have it in all the lower grades and you see it has come in the AFL (although for more than concussion. Of course today we still would have been against it, but in days past Kris and probably James would have played on - quite possibly at great cost to their long term life.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Bay53 wrote:
BadnMean wrote:

The one with the broken rib was the straw that broke the camel’s back. We probably would have got away with the injuries and the bad calls, but when you have someone who is struggling to that degree and for 75 mins, it makes it very hard.
It's not in me to criticise a guy who plays 70 minutes of football with a broken rib.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Boomercm wrote: March 27, 2021, 5:08 pm
gergreg wrote: March 27, 2021, 5:05 pm If we win that game it would have been an amazingly unlikely result. Incredible effort to still be a red hot go at it in the last 10 seconds.

even more unlikely under the new rules. You can't manage the game by slowing it down. We were amazing
Agree, but I must say that short drop out was perplexing to say the least.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

T_R wrote: March 27, 2021, 5:21 pm
Bay53 wrote:
BadnMean wrote:

It's not in me to criticise a guy who plays 70 minutes of football with a broken rib.

That is exactly right. It was tremendous courage. Hopefully it hasn’t meant he is going to miss many more games than he would have.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

BadnMean wrote: March 27, 2021, 5:03 pm
julian87 wrote: March 27, 2021, 4:42 pm
Not a sensational performance at all when you can't control a 21 pt lead, under known circumstances.

Honestly mate, that's a failure to control a game. It's literally in the teams/coaches hands at that point. Hodgo needed to be more at dummy half- Starling could have been the lock- dumb play which had each playing their weaker suit and not their strength. Wighton went missing (impression at the ground).

I count that as 2 points we threw away not 2 points lost.
That deserves a Jesus Christ too.

The middle third forwards that were left were Josh Papalii, Ryan Sutton and Sia Soliola. The team had Havili at second row. Both centres injured.

That’s on top of some embarrassing refereeing.

Nickman unfortunately needs to add mate to his list after that post.

Watch the press conference for some reality badnmean
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

**** it.

Beers have been had. Anyone who wants to criticize anything Raiders today needs to take a long **** hard look at themselves and whether or not they understand 2021 rugby league.

With the sped up game looking at any performance of the past for a comparison is folly.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Scared Hitless wrote: March 27, 2021, 4:00 pm These are professional athletes being paid exorbitant amounts of money to win.
You do realise the other mob are professional athletes being paid exorbitant money to win too?