All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: Jarrod Croker

Post by Botman »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: May 5, 2021, 9:09 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: May 5, 2021, 6:30 pm Social media sucks. It really does.

Should be legally limited to 18-22 year olds.
I contest that it should be limited to 97-100 year olds.
I concur
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Botman wrote:
Roger Kenworthy wrote: May 5, 2021, 9:09 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: May 5, 2021, 6:30 pm Social media sucks. It really does.

Should be legally limited to 18-22 year olds.
I contest that it should be limited to 97-100 year olds.
I concur
Who would GE moderate if he's the only one allowed on here?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Knotincelly22
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Adrian Purtell

Post by Knotincelly22 »

hobbsy wrote: May 4, 2021, 8:13 pm Just because the account is active doesnt mean he hasn't stopped using it
He's not posting on twitter but he's still liking stuff so he's hardly in hiding.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Knotincelly22 wrote:
hobbsy wrote: May 4, 2021, 8:13 pm Just because the account is active doesnt mean he hasn't stopped using it
He's not posting on twitter but he's still liking stuff so he's hardly in hiding.
So now you're stalking the bloke to prove your rubbish point

Deadset

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Knotincelly22
Terry Campese

Post by Knotincelly22 »

-TW- wrote: May 6, 2021, 10:43 am
Knotincelly22 wrote:

Deadset

Please. Someone said he hadn't been posting does that mean they're stalking him, too? Strong logic from you. I simply took ten seconds to disprove the bs narrative that seems to be never ending. I'm the last person to hassle these blokes for a selfie or an autograph. Anyone over the age of about 10 who does that needs to grow the **** up.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

-TW- wrote: May 6, 2021, 10:43 am
Knotincelly22 wrote:

Deadset

This is a really strange **** agenda being pushed right now. Like, why would you even die on this hill?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Jesus GE, it's about time you cleaned up this latest influx of trolls that seem to swarm the GH whenever we're "in crisis".

Have a look at when this clown joined, April 18th... the day after our loss to the Eels. This bloke clearly hasn't joined to revel in the good times.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Imagine picking the "Social media is fine! High profile people dont get toxic abuse" hill to die on
Staggering
Knotincelly22
Terry Campese

Post by Knotincelly22 »

The Nickman wrote: May 6, 2021, 11:47 am Jesus GE, it's about time you cleaned up this latest influx of trolls that seem to swarm the GH whenever we're "in crisis".

Have a look at when this clown joined, April 18th... the day after our loss to the Eels. This bloke clearly hasn't joined to revel in the good times.
So anyone new is automatically a troll? How very welcoming of you. For the record, until such time as this non-story is confirmed-it was a throwaway comment by a panellist-I will call it out for what it is. If there was any evidence proving this it would be a headline, which it is not.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

What aren't you comprehending here?

He hasn't posted anything in ages because people keep trolling him, whether he's browsing occasionally is irrelevant

It's really not that hard.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Knotincelly22 wrote: May 6, 2021, 12:51 pm
The Nickman wrote: May 6, 2021, 11:47 am Jesus GE, it's about time you cleaned up this latest influx of trolls that seem to swarm the GH whenever we're "in crisis".

So anyone new is automatically a troll? How very welcoming of you. For the record, until such time as this non-story is confirmed-it was a throwaway comment by a panellist-I will call it out for what it is. If there was any evidence proving this it would be a headline, which it is not.
Nope, not anyone new, just obvious trolls.
Knotincelly22
Terry Campese

Post by Knotincelly22 »

-TW- wrote: May 6, 2021, 12:59 pm What aren't you comprehending here?

He hasn't posted anything in ages because people keep trolling him, whether he's browsing occasionally is irrelevant

It's really not that hard.

You believe that because a News Ltd journalist said so? Dude.
Knotincelly22
Terry Campese

Post by Knotincelly22 »

The Nickman wrote: May 6, 2021, 1:02 pm
Knotincelly22 wrote: May 6, 2021, 12:51 pm

Nope, not anyone new, just obvious trolls.
So only Croker is being trolled and not Hodgson, who just coincidently happens to be on a different page as the coach? Contrast that with the fabricated rubbish about the other co-captain, who Ricky will pick if if fit, and ask yourself why they media are trying to present him as a sympathetic case? Are only some players accountable and not others? You are free to refrain from offering fair criticism just as I am entitled to my opinion. Changes are afoot and the club obviously is deciding some players aren't part of its future. Bury your head in the sand all you like but ignoring the problem(s) won't make them go away.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Again, I'll repeat my previous claims, what a strange hill to die on, that Croker is somehow lying about his claims of online harassment.

I really wonder what your motivation must be.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Actually, Ricky has been outspoken to certain media personalities about Croker's poor form to start the season. It's not only Hodgson.
I just can't believe there are pages on this topic...

Croker has been on social media and long time and is not a regular poster...how this mutated into a "story" is beyond me...you act like he has never seen/heard criticism from supporters and wouldn't know how to deal with it....what a laugh. He's not a first year rookie...

Personally, I found the Eastern Suburbs bargain BBQ hunter more thrilling....
Knotincelly22
Terry Campese

Post by Knotincelly22 »

The Nickman wrote: May 6, 2021, 1:13 pm Again, I'll repeat my previous claims, what a strange hill to die on, that Croker is somehow lying about his claims of online harassment.

Has Croker claimed any such thing? Are you going to continue to comment on every post I make in every thread and then claim I am the troll?
hobbsy
Glenn Lazarus

Post by hobbsy »

Its just such a strange stance to take against such a reasonable claim. Like, its well documented that there is a lot of abuse that is thrown around on social media particularly to high profile accounts, and its also perfectly normal for people to take a break from social media whoever they are. There's nothing really strange or unbelievable about that, yet here we have someone basically coming out and saying that because they haven't seen screenshots of the abuse its all a lie. Utterly bizarre.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Knotincelly22 wrote: May 6, 2021, 1:20 pm
The Nickman wrote: May 6, 2021, 1:13 pm Again, I'll repeat my previous claims, what a strange hill to die on, that Croker is somehow lying about his claims of online harassment.

Has Croker claimed any such thing? Are you going to continue to comment on every post I make in every thread and then claim I am the troll?
Any other threads? No, I'm only going to call you out on your garbage posts, if you keep them contained within this thread there'll be no reason for it to spill over anywhere else.

Consider it your own little personal challenge.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

hobbsy wrote: May 6, 2021, 1:42 pm Its just such a strange stance to take against such a reasonable claim. Like, its well documented that there is a lot of abuse that is thrown around on social media particularly to high profile accounts, and its also perfectly normal for people to take a break from social media whoever they are. There's nothing really strange or unbelievable about that, yet here we have someone basically coming out and saying that because they haven't seen screenshots of the abuse its all a lie. Utterly bizarre.
My point exactly, hobbsy. What could possibly be someone's motivation for a stance like this?

People are **** weird, online especially.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Yeah but cuz newz corp jerno sayz it, it can't be tru?!

Knotincelly22
Terry Campese

Post by Knotincelly22 »

The Nickman wrote: May 6, 2021, 1:42 pm
Knotincelly22 wrote: May 6, 2021, 1:20 pm

Any other threads? No, I'm only going to call you out on your garbage posts, if you keep them contained within this thread there'll be no reason for it to spill over anywhere else.

Consider it your own little personal challenge.
How about you stop acting like a male Karen, calling on the mods to ban anyone you disagree with? You have your opinion, I have mine. I can accept they differ, can you?
Knotincelly22
Terry Campese

Post by Knotincelly22 »

-TW- wrote: May 6, 2021, 2:00 pm Yeah but cuz newz corp jerno sayz it, it can't be tru?!

Well it usually means fact checking is optional, so if I had to bet I'd say it's more likely bs than not. They have more form than a 10yo gelding that's never seen a spelling paddock.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Can we stop the infighting please? If there are posts that break the forum guidelines, report them.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Hang on I’m really lost here. Knotinci - is your concern that Croker is fibbing, the club is fibbing or a journalist if fibbing?

Follow up question - why does it really matter?
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: May 6, 2021, 2:11 pm Can we stop the infighting please? If there are posts that break the forum guidelines, report them.
Ooooops was typing when you posted this - still curious though. Seems an odd take.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: May 6, 2021, 2:11 pm Can we stop the infighting please? If there are posts that break the forum guidelines, report them.
My apologies, from now on I'm just going to try and ignore the influx of trolls.

I should know better in times like these that this is how it goes... apparently I never learn my lesson.
Knotincelly22
Terry Campese

Post by Knotincelly22 »

Billy Walker wrote: May 6, 2021, 2:16 pm

Hang on I’m really lost here. Knotinci - is your concern that Croker is fibbing, the club is fibbing or a journalist if fibbing?

Follow up question - why does it really matter?
The journalist is the only one who's made an allegation-I've seen nothing from either the player or the club. Do I really need to explain why the media reporting lies is a bad thing? I will retract what I've said if someone produces receipts but it just doesn't add up. I didn't start this thread and I didn't ask why no one was commenting on the allegations that people were trolling Croker. I'm just saying a picture makes a story and if this one had legs we'd have screenshots of the tweets/DMs. Random tweets not directed at someone is NOT trolling them. They can choose to avoid it and that is probably the real explanation for the SM hiatus.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

OK. Thread locked.