Moderator: GH Moderators

MrPosh
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Re: Sebastian Kris

Post by MrPosh »

Seiffert82 wrote: March 22, 2021, 5:05 pm
The Nickman wrote: March 22, 2021, 11:46 am
Seiffert82 wrote: March 22, 2021, 11:43 am The bench is an interesting issue for Stuart. He seems to go into every game with a specific game plan and structures his bench with that in mind over having the flexibility to deal with injuries.

Our game plan is to dominate through the middle and keep bodies fresh for that job. Havili gives Stuart some coverage for Hodgo, but he is being used as another middle. To that extent it is what it is.

For me, there is value in keeping Havili there for that coverage and adding an outside back. Young provides a great deal of flexibility across the back row, but he's also an 80 minute player...CHN would want to come back on fire for me to drop Young for him in the starting side.
I would agree with that, but Young has now picked up a bit of an injury and you really need CHN on the bench as cover for him. So if you also carry a back and Havili, does this mean you only take one big middle? Has to James, right?
If Young gets ruled out, I reckon Horsburgh is a greater chance of getting that position over CHN. Stuart will be keen as to make sure CHN learns his lesson.

Who knows!?
Fair point, but I'm not sure Hors is the example to show CHN the way.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Im really excited to see him back in the game. The year off has been good for him, by the looks of it.
ALX22
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by ALX22 »

Anyone know how Sebastian is eligible for QLD Maroons? Is this a mistake?
https://www.qrl.com.au/about/eligible-players-men/
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

No idea.
Born in Canberra.
Played his junior footy with Tuggers.

QUENNSLANDER !!!
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Sebastian Kris

Post by The Nickman »

Says he’s from Brisbane when you click on the profile in that link... perhaps that’s why??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by The Nickman on April 15, 2021, 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Brisbane... that’s in Queensland!!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Ok.
Nickman has spoken.
Let’s move on.
hobbsy
Glenn Lazarus

Post by hobbsy »

Pretty sure Kris played for NSW U18s before as well
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

hobbsy wrote: April 15, 2021, 2:29 pm Pretty sure Kris played for NSW U18s before as well
He'd definitely played for ACT and NSW at junior level, he was playing with the Raiders since Harold Matthews, and came through our systems since then. It's difficult to see how a majority of answers to the questions produce Maroons eligibility: https://www.qrl.com.au/siteassets/about ... -rules.pdf

His official profile says born in Brisbane... Wikipedia says born in Canberra, so I'd go with the official profile.

I don't know who his father is... father/son rule?
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

greeneyed wrote:
hobbsy wrote: April 15, 2021, 2:29 pm Pretty sure Kris played for NSW U18s before as well
He'd definitely played for ACT and NSW at junior level, he was playing with the Raiders since Harold Matthews, and came through our systems since then. It's difficult to see how a majority of answers to the questions produce Maroons eligibility: https://www.qrl.com.au/siteassets/about ... -rules.pdf

His official profile says born in Brisbane... Wikipedia says born in Canberra, so I'd go with the official profile.

I don't know who his father is... father/son rule?
Born in Canberra
Played Junior Football in Canberra
Played for NSW and ACT in Junior grades

How can you not see he’s eligible for Qld?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Seb Kris Raiders profile saying he was born in Brisbane. https://www.raiders.com.au/teams/telstr ... tian-kris/

Earlier Seb Kris Raiders profile saying he was born in Canberra. https://www.raiders.com.au/teams/jersey ... tian-kris/

Maybe his mum was on a plane when she went into labour. :?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Can we change Seb Kris' place of birth on Wikipedia to "Parts Unknown"

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Sid wrote: April 16, 2021, 10:01 am Can we change Seb Kris' place of birth on Wikipedia to "Parts Unknown"

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
"Various" would be more accurate
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Seb was born in Brisbane.
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

So the more recent profile was correct. Raiders Junior profile and Wikipedia are wrong.
ALX22
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by ALX22 »

Seb's profile has been removed from the QLD Maroons eligible player list.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

saw him get run down

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

bonehead wrote: June 13, 2021, 10:00 pm saw him get run down

I feel like you're joking. But hard to tell around here.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Do we have any real speedsters ?

Someone who has the tryline on the horizon and it’s shut the gate ?

No.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

-PJ- wrote: June 14, 2021, 11:48 am

Do we have any real speedsters ?

Someone who has the tryline on the horizon and it’s shut the gate ?

No.
No but I'd like to think a few of them wouldn't get run down by Jake Turpin.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Northern Raider wrote: June 14, 2021, 1:15 pm No but I'd like to think a few of them wouldn't get run down by Jake Turpin.
I have to admit, I was surprised by and a bit worried about that.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

greeneyed wrote: June 14, 2021, 1:18 pm
Northern Raider wrote: June 14, 2021, 1:15 pm No but I'd like to think a few of them wouldn't get run down by Jake Turpin.
Being realistic though, Kris has never been a noted speedster. Was always more of a power player. His future does appear to be in the back row.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I remember watching Seb Kris in his early days and he was playing at right center. Perhaps having some defensive issues playing on the left. Not sure about his level of injuries but most players would be carrying something at this stage of the season. He never struck me as an outright speedster, but could hit a gap and then offer the ball to a support player. This is what a lot of centers do these days, (unless you are a fullback playing center in origin) and is why we are seeing second row and center becoming more interchangeable. (Even for Qld at origin level). I reckon Seb is a good player though and the type of player we need in our squad. Agree with NR, a few more off seasons and he will be backrow/threequarter line type of player.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Our lack of pace is alarming.

We haven’t seen BaileyLadders pin the ears back really have we ?

I recall Semi burning 🔥 away last year.

Croker and Kris are running in concrete boots.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Did he even get a clean run? Often the cover has a bit of a start.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

-PJ- wrote: June 14, 2021, 2:10 pm Our lack of pace is alarming.

You realise Kris is the only Raider I've ever seen hit 35K+ on the speed tracker? The same as most other "quick" but not top level Trbo/JAC pkayers,
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

BadnMean wrote: June 14, 2021, 2:48 pm
-PJ- wrote: June 14, 2021, 2:10 pm Our lack of pace is alarming.

You realise Kris is the only Raider I've ever seen hit 35K+ on the speed tracker? The same as most other "quick" but not top level Trbo/JAC pkayers,
Bailey Simonsson has done it in 2019, but he was lighter back then: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... ZjD1b-3wos

I see Seb did it earlier this year: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/03/24/sta ... derboards/
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

BadnMean wrote:
Did he even get a clean run? Often the cover has a bit of a start.
I was cracking jokes, I'm a fan and he did put a fair effort in.
Thought we were going to see the runaway semi again but just got ankle tapped

Edrick The Entertainer
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I never know what to think of those speed tracker things... i know the technology is sound and the speed is the speed, but honestly Kris could clock up what ever he likes on the speed tracker.

He's not a speedster, that's not his game. I dont expect to see him running away from many players. His game is predicated on physicality. Not speed or agility. He has shown with ball in hand, he's a threat. He's a young player who is still learning his craft out wide and it shows defensively but certainly based on what we've seen, he and Timoko should be our starting centres and give these kids the chance to continue to develop and grow

if HSS gets back, i would like to see him also get an extended run, which may be unfair to those players in a vacuum, but i think its beneficial for us to get a good look at him too just so we have a better idea of what we have in him
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Botman wrote: June 14, 2021, 8:17 pm I never know what to think of those speed tracker things... i know the technology is sound and the speed is the speed, but honestly Kris could clock up what ever he likes on the speed tracker.

He's not a speedster, that's not his game. I dont expect to see him running away from many players. His game is predicated on physicality. Not speed or agility. He has shown with ball in hand, he's a threat. He's a young player who is still learning his craft out wide and it shows defensively but certainly based on what we've seen, he and Timoko should be our starting centres and give these kids the chance to continue to develop and grow

if HSS gets back, i would like to see him also get an extended run, which may be unfair to those players in a vacuum, but i think its beneficial for us to get a good look at him too just so we have a better idea of what we have in him
He's not a speedster. But fair to say he improves the speed in our back 5 overall, compared to Croker and Scott. And he's not slower than Simo, who is usually seen as our quickest player. It's a top speed measurement, which is only useful in certain circumstances if you get a long break with no complications. Acceleration would be more important, most of the time. Agility, ability to maintain speed while changing direction right up there. Balance like someone likes prime Duges or Teddy has in a tackle to stay on their feet and bounce out of a tackle... Complex thing. Then we get to the gamesense issue of knowing how to apply any of that.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Kris looks to have an explosive burst off the mark but struggles to maintain it over distance. Just means he needs to work on his passing game as he does tend to poke through the line a bit. It was clunky AF watching him and Valemei together, but I could really see some points coming out of that combo if Kris can set him up a bit better.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

BadnMean wrote: June 15, 2021, 6:34 am
Botman wrote: June 14, 2021, 8:17 pm I never know what to think of those speed tracker things... i know the technology is sound and the speed is the speed, but honestly Kris could clock up what ever he likes on the speed tracker.

He's not a speedster. But fair to say he improves the speed in our back 5 overall, compared to Croker and Scott. And he's not slower than Simo, who is usually seen as our quickest player. It's a top speed measurement, which is only useful in certain circumstances if you get a long break with no complications. Acceleration would be more important, most of the time. Agility, ability to maintain speed while changing direction right up there. Balance like someone likes prime Duges or Teddy has in a tackle to stay on their feet and bounce out of a tackle... Complex thing. Then we get to the gamesense issue of knowing how to apply any of that.
Speed Tracker also had Jack Hetherington running 36.1 KM/H earlier in the year. Yes, he's a mobile prop but must have had a serious tail wind that day.
mongoose
Glenn Lazarus

Post by mongoose »

He's a bit of a plodder imo, thought he looked good when he first came into the side this year but he's not much of a threat with the ball...
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Northern Raider wrote: June 15, 2021, 10:27 am
BadnMean wrote: June 15, 2021, 6:34 am

Speed Tracker also had Jack Hetherington running 36.1 KM/H earlier in the year. Yes, he's a mobile prop but must have had a serious tail wind that day.
Maybe he did. In sports science we divide it up into acceleration, top speed, speed endurance and agility is a separate issue. Every possibility Hethero has a great top speed- he's half Mullins isn't he? He'd just have average acceleration and speed endurance.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Kris is a second rower to me, especially with the new rules. We don't have the backs to shift him yet but once we do, I'd be making the move

Kris to second row, Whitehead to lock, Dufty somewhere in the mix and all of a sudden there is points in this team