OFFICIAL: Hudson Young signs new deal to end 2024

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

OFFICIAL: Hudson Young signs new deal to end 2024

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders young gun Hudson Young set to sign new deal to end 2023

Canberra are set to announce the re-signing of promising back-rower Hudson Young, with the 22-year-old extending his tenure with the Green Machine until the end of the 2023 season.

Read more: https://www.zerotackle.com/raiders-youn ... ws-101195/
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: Canberra Raiders young gun Hudson Young set to sign new deal to end 2023

Post by dubby »

He was really good today

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I’ll allow it..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I'm very, very happy with this.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Excellent. Good to see the club being proactive and getting these deals done before the new year begins
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Thanks for jumping on top of this for us GE
Dont delete this GE
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

This signing is almost as huge as his shoulders
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

How quietly we went about getting this done is downright filthy
Dont delete this GE
Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

simo wrote:How quietly we went about getting this done is downright filthy
You love to see it. No fuss, no media circus to drive the price up. The club stood by him and gave him another shot after his idiotic eye gouges, and he repays the faith. Couldn’t be happier.

I’ll admit that I was calling for his head on the 2nd eye gouge. Glad I’m not the one in charge at HQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Good news.

It would be interesting to know what he's on now. Stuart clearly loves him and Young would have been pretty keen to repay the club back a bit.

Anyway, I was a bit disappointed when Mitch Barnett left a few seasons ago, but I reckon Young has a higher ceiling than Barnett, is just as versatile and is now less prone to brain explosions. Good outcome.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Hudson Young wants to take life on the edge to the next level

He's shown what he can do in the middle, now Hudson Young wants to take his game to the next level on the edge. He also wants to stay in the national capital to end 2023, but he's stopped short of saying it’s a done deal.

"Yeah I want to stay. I'm in negotiations with Canberra on re-signing," Young said. "I'm not sure where they're up to, but my manager and the club are sorting that out. I definitely want to stay here. I love the club.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Hudson Young poised to pen new Raiders deal after starring in audition for John Bateman’s spot: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... a1929f8943
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

Brilliant news.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Canberra Raiders young gun Hudson Young set to sign new deal to end 2024

Post by greeneyed »

Hudson Young now on the verge of signing a three year extension... keeping him at the Green Machine to the end of 2024

Hudson Young is on the verge of agreeing to a new three-year deal. The Canberra Raiders are just thrashing out the finer details, but it's a massive boost for the Green Machine on the eve of the NRL season. Young's off-contract at the end of the year, with the new deal set to keep him in the capital to the end of 2024.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280
IBG
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by IBG »

Even better. Well in, Donny.
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

end of 2024? thats a year longer than end of 2023. its a good thing.
Dont delete this GE
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Good for both parties. I think Hudson needs the discipline and structure that Ricky and the Raiders senior players live and breathe. Hudson Young could have disappeared like a thousand other talented NRL players who hit a hurdle, but the club and particularly himself are starting to grow the acorn.

He’s far from a finished product, but a settled environment will suit him.
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

Seiffert82 wrote: February 28, 2021, 4:24 pm Anyway, I was a bit disappointed when Mitch Barnett left a few seasons ago, but I reckon Young has a higher ceiling than Barnett, is just as versatile and is now less prone to brain explosions. Good outcome.
Yeah, I was disappointed too though a bit of that was to do with keeping Bateman. At the time, it seemed like it was one or the other and keeping Barnett over Bateman was a no-brainer for me. Think a bit of the decision was based on him off the field.

Totally agree though that Hudson has a higher ceiling than Barnett. I didn't see it early on but it's clear now. And I think Hudson's early dramas might help (or already be helping) reach it.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

It's seen as a bit of chicken and the egg with Barnett like it was TPJ, but they both wrote their own exits when they thought they weren't going to get the shot they wanted. Once that happened we weren't the ones to choose whether they stayed or not.
What a waste of talent TPJ has turned out to be so far. Barnett is doing well for himself.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

simo wrote: March 4, 2021, 4:29 pm end of 2024? thats a year longer than end of 2023.
Breaking news.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

This is great news. I was so impressed by him last year, he's been playing really well and he cleaned the dirty stuff out of his game.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Ruben Daley wrote: March 4, 2021, 9:40 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: February 28, 2021, 4:24 pm Anyway, I was a bit disappointed when Mitch Barnett left a few seasons ago, but I reckon Young has a higher ceiling than Barnett, is just as versatile and is now less prone to brain explosions. Good outcome.
Yeah, I was disappointed too though a bit of that was to do with keeping Bateman. At the time, it seemed like it was one or the other and keeping Barnett over Bateman was a no-brainer for me. Think a bit of the decision was based on him off the field.

Totally agree though that Hudson has a higher ceiling than Barnett. I didn't see it early on but it's clear now. And I think Hudson's early dramas might help (or already be helping) reach it.
Sorry, the comparison I made makes it sound like we had a direct choice between the two players. That obviously wasn't the case - they came through at different times and, as you point out, we didn't have any real say with Barnett.

I guess my point was that I liked much of what Barnett brought to the field, but I think Young can do the same thing in a more controlled way and probably has a few more skills in his kit bag than Barnett.
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

Seiffert82 wrote: March 5, 2021, 10:52 am

Sorry, the comparison I made makes it sound like we had a direct choice between the two players. That obviously wasn't the case - they came through at different times and, as you point out, we didn't have any real say with Barnett.

I guess my point was that I liked much of what Barnett brought to the field, but I think Young can do the same thing in a more controlled way and probably has a few more skills in his kit bag than Barnett.
Barnett to me seems like a very vanilla forward with decent size but that's about it.

Young has a bit more spark to his game when at his best.
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Young is better than Barnett

Barnett still hasn’t quite figured out how to channel his aggressive nature in the right ways to consistently help his footy team
And that’s coming from someone who was also high on him

As for TPJ, they’ll bury me on TPJ island. Long after he’s in 2020’s Dave Taylor phase, I’ll still be camped on his island :lol:
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

Nah, I got you. My reply probably sounded like I didn't.

Barnett and Hudson is a good comparison because they're kind of in the same category of player.

I liked what Barnett brought too, particularly the bit of fire. But that was 2015 - our first year transitioning out of the Dark Ages - and I still had the old desperation for talent. I don't think I'd be quite so excited about him coming through now because of the depth of our forward stock.

Young has the fire too but, like you say, a few more tools as well. His line-running really impressed me last year because I didn't see it coming. I also think he locks down his side defensively better than Barnett, partly because he can keep his head (which is a funny thing to say considering the dual eye gouge).

I reckon a guy like Sutton would've had us all excited had he arrived between 2007 and 2014. But, as it stands, he doesn't make most people's 17. It's that kind of thing that makes me de-pump a bit on Barnett.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Ruben Daley wrote: March 5, 2021, 4:36 pm

Nah, I got you. My reply probably sounded like I didn't.

Barnett and Hudson is a good comparison because they're kind of in the same category of player.

I liked what Barnett brought too, particularly the bit of fire. But that was 2015 - our first year transitioning out of the Dark Ages - and I still had the old desperation for talent. I don't think I'd be quite so excited about him coming through now because of the depth of our forward stock.

Young has the fire too but, like you say, a few more tools as well. His line-running really impressed me last year because I didn't see it coming. I also think he locks down his side defensively better than Barnett, partly because he can keep his head (which is a funny thing to say considering the dual eye gouge).

I reckon a guy like Sutton would've had us all excited had he arrived between 2007 and 2014. But, as it stands, he doesn't make most people's 17. It's that kind of thing that makes me de-pump a bit on Barnett.
Yeah, it's a good place for us to be!

Such a long time since that has been the case.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: OFFICIAL: Hudson Young signs new deal to end 2024

Post by greeneyed »

OFFICIAL: Hudson Young re-signs with the Canberra Raiders to end 2024

Hudson Young has re-signed with the club until the end of the 2024 season. Young was on contract with the club until the end of the 2021 season and has signed a three-year extension.

"Hudson has proven over the last season that he is a player who has matured and has become a big part of the squad," Furner said. "We look forward to him continuing his development and establishing himself in the team moving forward."

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/03 ... e-raiders/

Nail starting spot and repay loyalty on re-signed Young's to-do list

Hudson Young's 2021 goals include nailing down a starting edge forward spot, extending his stay at the Raiders to repay their faith in him and of course – to win a premiership. He's sorted out the contract already with Canberra announcing on Thursday he has agreed to a new deal until the end of 2024.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/03/11/nai ... o-do-list/

'The future of the club': Josh Hodgson rapt as Hudson Young re-signs with Canberra Raiders

The chance to win a premiership with Canberra is the motivation behind rising back-rower Hudson Young's three-year contract extension with the Raiders.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 75d6791f63

VIDEO: Young: I never wanted to go anywhere else: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/03 ... here-else/
Green Blogger
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Green Blogger »

This is a great signing and another positive sign for the culture that has been grown here with young players (except Cotric) all looking to stay. Young and Guler are going to be cornerstones of our pack for a long time to come.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Yep I’m sure he could have got more cash elsewhere, but he’s looked at his longer term development and opportunity to win a premiership with his mates.

Great news for all parties.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Good news.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

I keep forgetting that young Hudson Young is so young. Very happy to see him re-sign.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Very pleased with this.
The kid has huge potential and has turned the corner with discipline..
Good on him!