All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2021

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

SHOOSH

The captain of which NRL club is being offered around to rival clubs despite the fact he has two years to go on his contract. He will remain with his current team for 2022 but is unlikely to see out the final year of his big-money deal.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 4986d23cd9

Is this Tamou? Don't think it's Croker, right ?
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

Don't think it's Croker and not Tamou either as he only has one year left on his deal.
The one who does fit the bill is Josh Jackson.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

I reckon it's Croker.....Tamou wouldn't be on big money
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Here's a list of NRL captains from this year:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_NRL_season

I thought Canterbury needed forwards but have a surplus of backs ? Wish our club showed the ruthlessness of Gould in getting rid of expensive non performers.

Proctor ? Tamou is indeed on a 2 year deal. Jackson is contracted to 2023.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Jackson, Tamou, Proctor, Croker

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

No way its Croker

For one he has a bung knee , no-one would take him and I dont think he would ever play against the Raiders . He will go the like of Campo , either retire or head to reserves

Hunt is the one rumoured to be it.
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: November 8, 2021, 2:37 pm Here's a list of NRL captains from this year:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_NRL_season

I thought Canterbury needed forwards but have a surplus of backs ? Wish our club showed the ruthlessness of Gould in getting rid of expensive non performers.

Proctor ? Tamou is indeed on a 2 year deal. Jackson is contracted to 2023.
Looking at that list the one that actually stands out to me is DCE.
He is on big money for 22 and 23.
I can seen Manly angling for him to head to the Dolphins in 2023 so they can get him off their books.
Proctor again is only contracted for 2022 so we can rule him out.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Won't be them...

Hands off: Manly shoot down hopes of Dolphins attempting to lure DCE home: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/hands- ... 592fv.html
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

Talk is it's Ben hunt. Not sure who is after him, but the dragons apparently have some good juniors on their books.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

LOL if it's Hunt as he was their better performers this year before he got injured, and was MOTM against us at WIN stadium. Probably one of their best this year and Griffin is supposed to love him. Also wanted another good performer and SOO rep in Sims to leave, Dufty, while signing Josh McGuire and Moses Mbye. And attempting to sign Jarryd Hayne and Folau. And letting De Belin stay ! St George are one club which I think will finish below us next year.

I don't think he's worth $1.2 or 1 million what they are paying him but no one will pay that and Dragons would have to chip in $400,000 to $600,000.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Let’s use the Hodgo money to buy Hunt as a 9.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Coastalraider wrote: November 8, 2021, 9:08 pm Let’s use the Hodgo money to buy Hunt as a 9.
Im sure this is tongue in cheek... but... at 9, is it really that bad??? Don't let him near the halves, but 9???
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

I’ll take the tongue out of my cheek for a moment… Hunt he schooled us a number of times. He is a calm head at 9, and has played that position admirably, and on numerous occasions for state and country. I would have to say that his performances there were of a higher quality than Hodgo in 2021. Not over their careers, but 2021.

Is it what we need, or could we make the dollars add up? Probably not. But we all agree that we need ‘something’ at nine to balance Hodgo leaving, this would be a very good option.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Also, on paper the dragons would be mad to be paying freight to get rid of Hunt (if that’s what’s being rumoured at) as on paper he is one of their true rep quality players. However what we don’t know is what kind of division is in the ranks after he ‘wasnt invited’ to the infamous bbq, and the fallout from that on group dynamics.

Much the same as on paper, we would be mad to pay freight moving Hodgo on, but we don’t know either the fallout from the Geilly, Bateman and relinquishing the captaincy stories.

Sometimes you need to get rid of quality to improve the larger picture.
RTW
David Furner

Post by RTW »

Funnily enough the fact he wasn’t invited/didn’t attend probably shows you that he is the one you want to keep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Coastalraider wrote: November 9, 2021, 6:54 am Also, on paper the dragons would be mad to be paying freight to get rid of Hunt (if that’s what’s being rumoured at) as on paper he is one of their true rep quality players. However what we don’t know is what kind of division is in the ranks after he ‘wasnt invited’ to the infamous bbq, and the fallout from that on group dynamics.

Much the same as on paper, we would be mad to pay freight moving Hodgo on, but we don’t know either the fallout from the Geilly, Bateman and relinquishing the captaincy stories.

Sometimes you need to get rid of quality to improve the larger picture.
Good post... even if I feel the last line is a subtle dig at me. :lol:
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

RTW wrote: November 9, 2021, 5:24 pm Funnily enough the fact he wasn’t invited/didn’t attend probably shows you that he is the one you want to keep.

Absolutely.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

BadnMean wrote:
RTW wrote: November 9, 2021, 5:24 pm Funnily enough the fact he wasn’t invited/didn’t attend probably shows you that he is the one you want to keep.

Absolutely.
I thought he was invited but decided not to go because or Origin commitments.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

I agree with you, but the 10 odd players still at the club who attended the bbq may not agree.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Im all aboard signing hunt. Cops way too much criticism for how good he is.
Dont delete this GE
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Im sure it's coming, so I'll jump 1st....

Cowboys are planning on a Dearden/Townsy halves combo, with Hammer or Val at FB. Meaning Drinky is the odd man out.
(Info via Tuxy on Twitter)

Would you move Jack to the backrow (I'd suggest edge over lock, but...) to bring Drinky here to play 6?

Alternatively, you could play Drinky at FB, but he wants the 6, not the 1, so probably wouldn't join us.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Drinkwater is far too variable in terms of performance. I can’t see how he’d improve the ream.
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

Matt wrote: November 12, 2021, 4:21 pm Im sure it's coming, so I'll jump 1st....

Cowboys are planning on a Dearden/Townsy halves combo, with Hammer or Val at FB. Meaning Drinky is the odd man out.

Would you move Jack to the backrow (I'd suggest edge over lock, but...) to bring Drinky here to play 6?

Alternatively, you could play Drinky at FB, but he wants the 6, not the 1, so probably wouldn't join us.
I can’t believe the Cowboys are interested in Drinkwater for Tom Dearden and Chad Townsend of all people. Sure he may be inconsistent but at least when he is on he could win you a game. The other two are mediocre and their best games are mediocre
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

I meant interested in trading away Drinkwater
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

drinkwater is off to Newcastle

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

IF we are going to replace Jack which is highly unlikely, it would need to be with a consistent player not another rocks and diamonds type player like Drinkwater is
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Raiders666 wrote: November 12, 2021, 7:03 pm IF we are going to replace Jack which is highly unlikely, it would need to be with a consistent player not another rocks and diamonds type player like Drinkwater is
Cows came 2nd last.

Drinky was 11th in try assists and line break assists. Raiders best was Hodgo at 29th and 42nd respectively.

He avged 93m run, 9 more a game than Jack.

In fact, Jack only avged 0.1 linebreaks a game, and 8% better tackle efficiency than Drinky.

Yup, that means he avged more tackle busts and offloads than Jack.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Drinkwater really should be playing first grade given the halves in the comp.
Wouldn't be moving Wighton given we just bought the type of 7 he likes most... And probably a bit selfish of me to try him as a 14.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Matt wrote: November 12, 2021, 7:46 pm
Raiders666 wrote: November 12, 2021, 7:03 pm IF we are going to replace Jack which is highly unlikely, it would need to be with a consistent player not another rocks and diamonds type player like Drinkwater is
Cows came 2nd last.

Drinky was 11th in try assists and line break assists. Raiders best was Hodgo at 29th and 42nd respectively.

In fact, Jack only avged 0.1 linebreaks a game, and 8% better tackle efficiency than Drinky.

I don’t think those stats show how good Drinky is and that we should buy him. It’s more a damning indictment on how utterly crap our reigning Dally M five eighth on $900k+ per season was.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

Matt wrote: November 12, 2021, 4:21 pm Im sure it's coming, so I'll jump 1st....

I'm don't think it would happen but it isn't a bad thought. Drinkwater is underrated in my opinion. The fact the Cowboys would pick both Dearden and Townsend over him is pretty dumb. Dearden is a plodder and Townsend looks washed up.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Finchy wrote: November 13, 2021, 8:34 am
Matt wrote: November 12, 2021, 7:46 pm
Cows came 2nd last.

I don’t think those stats show how good Drinky is and that we should buy him. It’s more a damning indictment on how utterly crap our reigning Dally M five eighth on $900k+ per season was.
While I agree, Drinky is good.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Wiki Special wrote: November 13, 2021, 8:20 pm

I'm don't think it would happen but it isn't a bad thought. Drinkwater is underrated in my opinion. The fact the Cowboys would pick both Dearden and Townsend over him is pretty dumb. Dearden is a plodder and Townsend looks washed up.
Drinky was probably their most consistent player, if not their best as well, last yr.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

Matt wrote: November 13, 2021, 8:22 pm

Drinky was probably their most consistent player, if not their best as well, last yr.
I agree. I live in Townsville so obviously know a lot of Cowboys fans. The shock was widespread when Hess won their Player Of The Year instead.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Wiki Special wrote: November 13, 2021, 8:26 pm
Matt wrote: November 13, 2021, 8:22 pm

I agree. I live in Townsville so obviously know a lot of Cowboys fans. The shock was widespread when Hess won their Player Of The Year instead.
:roflmao
Wow!
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Drinkwater would markedly improve Canberra. He'd probably have to be played at 1.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.