Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 27449
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

Post by Northern Raider »

So he was smashing them down all night and still thought it was OK to drive. What **** planet are these guys on?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
User avatar
Botman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 30140
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

Post by Botman »

Professional athletes getting pinched for DD is maybe THE thing that makes least sense to me in my life
These guys are the people more than any other can afford endless Ubers to and from whatever venue they like and back to their vehicle when they're safe to drive

Just astounding levels of stupidity
CREATE PROCEDURE BotMan_Post AS
SELECT * FROM Previous_Post
EXEC quote_post
WHERE UserName = 'Aknalkfgnaa' OR 'Yeah Raiders' OR 'Billy B'
EXEC RAND(good_grief; cheak_notes; uh82cit;)

GO;
User avatar
BJ
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5311
Joined: February 2, 2007, 12:14 pm

Re: Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

Post by BJ »

It amazes me when an NRL player blows hundreds of dollars at the bar shouting his mates (or hangers on) and then decides to save a few bucks on a Taxi.

I saw more than a few ex Raiders players shout people first hand. (Can’t say whether they drove later).

Won’t be too hard for you guys to guess some of those players from the past.
User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 32596
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

Post by -TW- »

Botman wrote:Professional athletes getting pinched for DD is maybe THE thing that makes least sense to me in my life
These guys are the people more than any other can afford endless Ubers to and from whatever venue they like and back to their vehicle when they're safe to drive

Just astounding levels of stupidity
High correlation between athletes and gambling debts, which again makes not frigging sense

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

User avatar
afgtnk
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8751
Joined: April 7, 2007, 1:45 am

Re: Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

Post by afgtnk »

BJ wrote: March 25, 2021, 2:13 pm It amazes me when an NRL player blows hundreds of dollars at the bar shouting his mates (or hangers on) and then decides to save a few bucks on a Taxi.

I saw more than a few ex Raiders players shout people first hand. (Can’t say whether they drove later).

Won’t be too hard for you guys to guess some of those players from the past.
Tonguey was an absolute special for this back in the day.

And whilst I'm definitely not 100% sure abut this, I'd put on good money on the great man never being that stupid.
User avatar
BJ
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5311
Joined: February 2, 2007, 12:14 pm

Re: Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

Post by BJ »

Yes. Definitely not talking about Tonguey. Couldn’t find a better class of human.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 46237
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

Post by The Nickman »

BJ wrote: March 25, 2021, 4:31 pm Yes. Definitely not talking about Tonguey. Couldn’t find a better class of human.
What about GE?
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush
Coastalraider
John Ferguson
Posts: 2809
Joined: May 31, 2015, 7:25 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

Post by Coastalraider »

The Nickman wrote: March 25, 2021, 4:32 pm
BJ wrote: March 25, 2021, 4:31 pm Yes. Definitely not talking about Tonguey. Couldn’t find a better class of human.
What about GE?
Shouting drinks??
User avatar
BadnMean
Jason Croker
Posts: 4416
Joined: May 13, 2013, 5:30 pm
Favourite Player: chicka

Re: Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

Post by BadnMean »

I saw Monaghan shout anyone who was a redhead in the bar one time. It was very well received by all.
FROG
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1119
Joined: April 7, 2008, 8:14 pm

Re: Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

Post by FROG »

In my drinking days, i once had plenty to drink, easily over 10 drinks. A mate of mine drank way more than I did. Anyway, after a great night, we get a cab home. I get out first and he is going home. But little did I know at the time that he wouldn't actually go straight home. He'd get dropped off at his car less than 500m from his home, and drive home. He starts his car, all is going well, he apparently has one left hand turn to make but doesn't and plows straight into a parked car. The point of this story is that young blokes on the turps make silly decisions. Im ashamed to say it but i drank and drove plenty of times. But never after that happened to my mate when I saw that it cost him his licence ND 30k to replace his car plus the car he ran into. If that happened to be a Porsche he could of been up for over 100k. A lot can be said for experience and education. Hopefully he learns his lesson
Ruben Daley
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1781
Joined: June 13, 2007, 4:52 pm
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Re: Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

Post by Ruben Daley »

Botman wrote: March 25, 2021, 2:00 pm Professional athletes getting pinched for DD is maybe THE thing that makes least sense to me in my life
These guys are the people more than any other can afford endless Ubers to and from whatever venue they like and back to their vehicle when they're safe to drive

Just astounding levels of stupidity
Correct. I heard that Luke Davico caught a cab from Young NSW to Civic one Saturday night. That's the type of money we're talking about.

(Also, the type of commitment to a big night we're talking about.)
User avatar
BJ
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5311
Joined: February 2, 2007, 12:14 pm

Re: Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

Post by BJ »

I can honestly say that i’ve never driven drunk once. Can’t say the same for a few of my mates.

But people absolutely have to learn self discipline. It never surprises me that the NRL players who’ve famously stuffed up off the field, have also stuffed up on the field in pressure moments.

Those who’ve addressed their issues off the field have often improved on the field afterwards. Wighton, Thurston being two obvious examples.
User avatar
gergreg
Ricky Stuart
Posts: 9195
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

Post by gergreg »

I remember having a house warming party a few years back and I was pretty harsh on a mate who was notorious for drink driving. I wouldn't let him leave without me calling him a taxi. He swore he would go home and sleep it off and come back in the morning for his 4wd. I followed him outside and watched him drive away in a cab. I went back inside and out onto the balcony where a few other friends were.

I should add I have really good hearing, crap eyesight but good hearing. Less than 10 minutes later I hear his 4wd start up and drive off. I saw him a day later and made the comment that he must have picked his 4wd up early and he completely bullshitted about it.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
User avatar
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 20399
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

Post by -PJ- »

I drove to a mates place and had a couple of beers which turned into a dozen. Rang MrsPJ and asked her to come and get me..she wasn’t impressed but I laid it on real thick that I was a responsible adult for not drink driving, risk killing someone and losing my license..blah blah blah.

After she settled down a tad I had plums big enough to ask her to whip thru KFC drive thru..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
User avatar
afgtnk
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8751
Joined: April 7, 2007, 1:45 am

Re: Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

Post by afgtnk »

BadnMean wrote: March 25, 2021, 5:13 pm I saw Monaghan shout anyone who was a redhead in the bar one time. It was very well received by all.
I had Toddy C shout me once way back when.... before he was inebriated.

Always seemed to be a really good guy before the piss started to take effect inside him.
User avatar
zim
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8753
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

Post by zim »

-PJ- wrote: March 25, 2021, 6:21 pm I drove to a mates place and had a couple of beers which turned into a dozen. Rang MrsPJ and asked her to come and get me..she wasn’t impressed but I laid it on real thick that I was a responsible adult for not drink driving, risk killing someone and losing my license..blah blah blah.

After she settled down a tad I had plums big enough to ask her to whip thru KFC drive thru..
Double down?
User avatar
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 20399
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

Post by -PJ- »

zim wrote: March 25, 2021, 6:23 pm
-PJ- wrote: March 25, 2021, 6:21 pm I drove to a mates place and had a couple of beers which turned into a dozen. Rang MrsPJ and asked her to come and get me..she wasn’t impressed but I laid it on real thick that I was a responsible adult for not drink driving, risk killing someone and losing my license..blah blah blah.

After she settled down a tad I had plums big enough to ask her to whip thru KFC drive thru..
Double down?
The next morning she had to take me back to get my car..unhappy wife repeat..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
User avatar
Lui_Bon
David Furner
Posts: 3631
Joined: June 3, 2009, 4:07 pm

Re: Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

Post by Lui_Bon »

I wonder how many of you know how hard it is to drive across Commonwealth Avenue Bridge with only three lanes available to you at 4am? Probably at 40km per hour.

That was my last time ever.
User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 14765
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

Post by bonehead »

our last Xmas party, I was drink counting so I was pretty confident to drive - got pulled up and blew 0.02 so obviously ok but the nerves kicked in and I took a 10min break before I continued.
It doesn't take a lot to rattle you sometimes with alcohol in your system

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 46237
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

Post by The Nickman »

bonehead wrote: March 26, 2021, 10:00 am our last Xmas party, I was drink counting so I was pretty confident to drive - got pulled up and blew 0.02 so obviously ok but the nerves kicked in and I took a 10min break before I continued.
It doesn't take a lot to rattle you sometimes with alcohol in your system

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
It's very interesting, I drink count on a Friday afternoon (from lunch until driving home from work), and I use a website called rupissed.com

For my age, size and height, if we start drinking at 1pm, I'm right to drive by 4pm if I have 4 schooners of 3.5, and 5pm if I have 5. I call it "4 before 4 or 5 before 5". Seems to work really well too, because I always feel pretty good to drive if I follow that rule.

Any more beers than that though and it completely snowballs out of control. Another schooner and you're not right to drive for quite a while... "6 before 6" doesn't hold true to the same logic.
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush
User avatar
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Posts: 24371
Joined: March 17, 2007, 12:24 pm
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

Post by Seiffert82 »

The Nickman wrote: March 26, 2021, 10:12 am
bonehead wrote: March 26, 2021, 10:00 am our last Xmas party, I was drink counting so I was pretty confident to drive - got pulled up and blew 0.02 so obviously ok but the nerves kicked in and I took a 10min break before I continued.
It doesn't take a lot to rattle you sometimes with alcohol in your system

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
It's very interesting, I drink count on a Friday afternoon (from lunch until driving home from work), and I use a website called rupissed.com

For my age, size and height, if we start drinking at 1pm, I'm right to drive by 4pm if I have 4 schooners of 3.5, and 5pm if I have 5. I call it "4 before 4 or 5 before 5". Seems to work really well too, because I always feel pretty good to drive if I follow that rule.

Any more beers than that though and it completely snowballs out of control. Another schooner and you're not right to drive for quite a while... "6 before 6" doesn't hold true to the same logic.
Handy site.

I sometimes catch up with a mate after work for dinner and a few beers. Between 5:30 and around 10:30 we typically have 2 pints and then a schooner or stubby with dinner. That gets me to 0.03. I've always felt comfortable with that. Any more and I'm pushing the limit.

I've been RBT'd once driving home, with absolutely no question.
User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 27449
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

Post by Northern Raider »

Surprised Nickman needs a site call rupissed. Majority of the time the answer would be 'Yes'.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 46237
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

Post by The Nickman »

Seiffert82 wrote: March 26, 2021, 11:33 am
The Nickman wrote: March 26, 2021, 10:12 am
bonehead wrote: March 26, 2021, 10:00 am our last Xmas party, I was drink counting so I was pretty confident to drive - got pulled up and blew 0.02 so obviously ok but the nerves kicked in and I took a 10min break before I continued.
It doesn't take a lot to rattle you sometimes with alcohol in your system

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
It's very interesting, I drink count on a Friday afternoon (from lunch until driving home from work), and I use a website called rupissed.com

For my age, size and height, if we start drinking at 1pm, I'm right to drive by 4pm if I have 4 schooners of 3.5, and 5pm if I have 5. I call it "4 before 4 or 5 before 5". Seems to work really well too, because I always feel pretty good to drive if I follow that rule.

Any more beers than that though and it completely snowballs out of control. Another schooner and you're not right to drive for quite a while... "6 before 6" doesn't hold true to the same logic.
Handy site.

I sometimes catch up with a mate after work for dinner and a few beers. Between 5:30 and around 10:30 we typically have 2 pints and then a schooner or stubby with dinner. That gets me to 0.03. I've always felt comfortable with that. Any more and I'm pushing the limit.

I've been RBT'd once driving home, with absolutely no question.
Works really well. Today we have four schooners at lunch, it's 3pm now and I can feel I'm absolutely not right to drive yet.

In another hour I'll be 100% good to go. But like I said, it's once you start stacking drinks that you realise how quickly it gets away from you.
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush
User avatar
gergreg
Ricky Stuart
Posts: 9195
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

Post by gergreg »

Northern Raider wrote:Surprised Nickman needs a site call rupissed. Majority of the time the answer would be 'Yes'.
I thought Nickman lived within walking distance of the pub?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 46237
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

Post by The Nickman »

gergreg wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:Surprised Nickman needs a site call rupissed. Majority of the time the answer would be 'Yes'.
I thought Nickman lived within walking distance of the pub?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
I do, but we go to a different pub for Friday lunch.
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush
Johno
David Furner
Posts: 3797
Joined: December 12, 2013, 9:28 am
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: Harawira-Naera and Horsburgh charged with drink driving

Post by Johno »

BadnMean wrote: March 25, 2021, 5:13 pm I saw Monaghan shout anyone who was a redhead in the bar one time. It was very well received by all.
Legend..... never met him but just seemed like a friendly happy guy
Post Reply