7%
Roosters 13+
7%

Total votes: 15

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2021 Trial V Roosters: Teams and Game Day

Post by greeneyed »

yurithe1 wrote: February 16, 2021, 11:39 am "This is an 'alcohol-free' event and no food and beverage or retail products are being sold at the venue. "

And with that, I'll be watching the live stream on my TV with a few cold Silver Bullets and pies. Oh well.
When you put these two conditions together... what are you supposed to do in terms of any food or drink?

• Bags of any kind cannot be brought into the venue including back packs, handbags, camera bags, lunchboxes and opaque plastic bags. Ticket holders can bring fold out ‘camp-style’ chairs or a picnic rug

• This is an 'alcohol-free' event and no food and beverage or retail products are being sold at the venue.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I smell this is all an elaborate ploy to drum up business for the league's club.

Or they just cbf setting up catering for so few people

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

greeneyed wrote: February 16, 2021, 12:26 pm
yurithe1 wrote: February 16, 2021, 11:39 am "This is an 'alcohol-free' event and no food and beverage or retail products are being sold at the venue. "

And with that, I'll be watching the live stream on my TV with a few cold Silver Bullets and pies. Oh well.
When you put these two conditions together... what are you supposed to do in terms of any food or drink?

• Bags of any kind cannot be brought into the venue including back packs, handbags, camera bags, lunchboxes and opaque plastic bags. Ticket holders can bring fold out ‘camp-style’ chairs or a picnic rug

• This is an 'alcohol-free' event and no food and beverage or retail products are being sold at the venue.
Having looked at the more detailed list, this is what you may do:

· You may bring snack foods in clear or sealed packaging, such as a sandwich, chip packet or muesli bar and one sealed, non-alcoholic beverage in a plastic bottle and up to 600mL in size.
ThePillageVoice
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Terry Campese

Post by ThePillageVoice »

Do we think this is basically what the regular season is gonna look like? Limited stadium cap, members just buying tickets or will they let members in on their regular tickets? I’m starting to worry a bit
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

2021 Trial V Roosters: Teams and Game Day

Post by gangrenous »

-TW- wrote:
gangrenous wrote:That’s a shame. How am I going to look the best for my Insta selfies?
I'd probably look better with the lighting as is tbh

Ouch, hit me right in the truth.

Edit - wait I misread your post. Thought you wrote “It’d probably look better...” about my selfie. Funny both ways Image
greeneyed
Don Furner

2021 Trial V Roosters: Teams and Game Day

Post by greeneyed »

ThePillageVoice wrote:Do we think this is basically what the regular season is gonna look like? Limited stadium cap, members just buying tickets or will they let members in on their regular tickets? I’m starting to worry a bit
It’s a little surprising, given Manuka had something like 75 per cent capacity for the last Big Bash cricket match a couple of weeks ago. I guess the thinking is that there’s no point taking any risk for a trial. But a 2,000 crowd would be conservatively 20 per cent capacity at Seiffert. The grandstand holds 1500. The other issue is the UK strain recently getting out in Victoria.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ThePillageVoice
Gerry De La Cruz

greeneyed wrote: February 16, 2021, 5:23 pm
ThePillageVoice wrote:Do we think this is basically what the regular season is gonna look like? Limited stadium cap, members just buying tickets or will they let members in on their regular tickets? I’m starting to worry a bit
It’s a little surprising, given Manuka had something like 75 per cent capacity for the last Big Bash cricket match a couple of weeks ago. I guess the thinking is that there’s no point taking any risk for a trial. But a 2,000 crowd would be conservatively 20 per cent capacity at Seiffert. The grandstand holds 1500. The other issue is the UK strain recently getting out in Victoria.

Yeah you’re right: I think I’m just having PTSD from last year.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I had literally zero issues with tickets last year, was able to go to all of the home games once we came back from Campbelltown

Capacity as per the roadmap is 65% currently for an outdoor stadium, the bbl applied for an exemption for 75%.

There's another roadmap milestone this week pending what happens in Victoria, which might see things adjusted again.

Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

-TW- wrote: February 16, 2021, 9:16 pm I had literally zero issues with tickets last year, was able to go to all of the home games once we came back from Campbelltown

Capacity as per the roadmap is 65% currently for an outdoor stadium, the bbl applied for an exemption for 75%.

There's another roadmap milestone this week pending what happens in Victoria, which might see things adjusted again.

If it is 65% that is just over 16k, 75% about 18k. There are very few home games that get more than that.

Tickets last year seemed to be easier than expected. The only issue was the Roosters game but then they did a second release.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

ThePillageVoice wrote: February 16, 2021, 4:54 pm Do we think this is basically what the regular season is gonna look like? Limited stadium cap, members just buying tickets or will they let members in on their regular tickets? I’m starting to worry a bit
I think you will find there are a few issues at play. Firstly Seiffert doesn’t have a lot of reserved seats. When there are open areas that makes it a bit harder. Also Queanbeyan council I doubt have hosted any events over 2k in the past year and I think thirdly the Raiders as the hosts don’t want the time and expense of having a larger fully compliant event.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Tickets purchased in the grandstand. Doesn’t look to be reserved seats, I assume you just spread out.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

ThePillageVoice wrote: February 16, 2021, 5:25 pm

This explains a bit more:

Please be advised that tickets purchased for this event day at Seiffert Oval Queanbyan could be subject to cancellation if there is a reduction in capacity due to the evolving COVID-19 Pandemic, as stipulated by the NSW Chief Health Officer. Tickets will be refunded if the event is closed off to the public.

For this event day, the venue capacity is limited to 2,000 patrons (excludes match participants). 1,000 persons will be allocated seats in Grandstand (i.e. 50% capacity) and 1,000 persons will be allocated tickets to sit on grassed areas around the venue precinct.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/membership/u ... formation/

Suspect that one issue will be, that if the COVID situation deteriorates, the Raiders have to reduce capacity (possibly to zero) and refund. The larger the number of tickets sold, the bigger disruption and cost if things change. Looks like the grandstand capacity allows for at least one spare seat between every person... more given some people will sit in groups. The 1,000 allocation for the grassed areas is pretty small, considering how much space there is... but then people tend to congregate on the sideline. If the CRRL Cup Grand Final arrangement is replicated, there would be some internal fencing erected, so as to force some separation... and they'll probably want to keep the players separated from the crowd too. Not cheap to set up for a trial match.
ThePillageVoice
Gerry De La Cruz

greeneyed wrote: February 17, 2021, 9:56 am
ThePillageVoice wrote: February 16, 2021, 5:25 pm

This explains a bit more:

Please be advised that tickets purchased for this event day at Seiffert Oval Queanbyan could be subject to cancellation if there is a reduction in capacity due to the evolving COVID-19 Pandemic, as stipulated by the NSW Chief Health Officer. Tickets will be refunded if the event is closed off to the public.

For this event day, the venue capacity is limited to 2,000 patrons (excludes match participants). 1,000 persons will be allocated seats in Grandstand (i.e. 50% capacity) and 1,000 persons will be allocated tickets to sit on grassed areas around the venue precinct.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/membership/u ... formation/

Suspect that one issue will be, that if the COVID situation deteriorates, the Raiders have to reduce capacity (possibly to zero) and refund. The larger the number of tickets sold, the bigger disruption and cost if things change. Looks like the grandstand capacity allows for at least one spare seat between every person... more given some people will sit in groups. The 1,000 allocation for the grassed areas is pretty small, considering how much space there is... but then people tend to congregate on the sideline. If the CRRL Cup Grand Final arrangement is replicated, there would be some internal fencing erected, so as to force some separation... and they'll probably want to keep the players separated from the crowd too. Not cheap to set up for a trial match.
Yep that all makes sense mate. Lets just hope it all goes to plan. I got grandstand tickets so I aint fussed!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Why Seiffert Oval remains the spiritual home of the Canberra Raiders

As the Raiders prepare to return to Seiffert Oval for the trial against the Roosters later this month, it’s worth reflecting on its significance for the team over the years. For coach Ricky Stuart, those memories give added importance to the upcoming trial.

“It’s our spiritual home. It brings back many fond memories for me from when I was a young boy until now.”

Read more: https://the-riotact.com/why-seiffert-ov ... ers/440160
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders fans set to see Joseph Suaalii make Roosters debut in NSW Cup at Seiffert trial

Joseph Suaalii will make his long-awaited trial debut for the Roosters feeder club North Sydney on Saturday April 27 at Seiffert Oval in Queanbeyan. Roosters rookie Sam Walker will also debut in the same game for North Sydney, the Rooters feeder club.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 6a6e8afb46
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

greeneyed wrote:Canberra Raiders fans set to see Joseph Suaalii make Roosters debut in NSW Cup at Seiffert trial

Joseph Suaalii will make his long-awaited trial debut for the Roosters feeder club North Sydney on Saturday April 27 at Seiffert Oval in Queanbeyan. Roosters rookie Sam Walker will also debut in the same game for North Sydney, the Rooters feeder club.

who cares

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

bonehead wrote: February 19, 2021, 8:37 am
greeneyed wrote:Canberra Raiders fans set to see Joseph Suaalii make Roosters debut in NSW Cup at Seiffert trial

Joseph Suaalii will make his long-awaited trial debut for the Roosters feeder club North Sydney on Saturday February 27 at Seiffert Oval in Queanbeyan. Roosters rookie Sam Walker will also debut in the same game for North Sydney, the Rooters feeder club.

who cares

When people imagine there is a Sydney bias in the media... it's because the think Canberra only exists to witness the magnificence of Sydney juniors yet to even receive their first cap.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I'm glad it's 27 April, he'll be playing by himself.

Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

should be a great afternoon of footy in Q-town.

More importantly, it is the return of the Raiders NSW Cup team. Suaalii had just turned 4 years old when this team last played.

Sensible decision to play the games at 2pm / 4pm. The lights at Seiffert are pretty ordinary. Kick on in town afterwards. Flanno shirts optional.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

-TW- wrote: February 19, 2021, 9:04 am I'm glad it's 27 April, he'll be playing by himself.

:lol: yeah, not sure how many people will be turning up to see him two months after the actual game.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

BadnMean wrote: February 19, 2021, 8:47 am

Joseph Suaalii will make his long-awaited trial debut for the Roosters feeder club North Sydney on Saturday February 27 at Seiffert Oval in Queanbeyan. Roosters rookie Sam Walker will also debut in the same game for North Sydney, the Rooters feeder club.

who cares

When people imagine there is a Sydney bias in the media... it's because the think Canberra only exists to witness the magnificence of Sydney juniors yet to even receive their first cap.
What are you talking about? He's in the emerging Blues squad. Not often you get to see future Origin stars in reserve grade trial matches. ;)
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

Northern Raider wrote: February 19, 2021, 4:16 pm

who cares

What are you talking about? He's in the emerging Blues squad. Not often you get to see future Origin stars in reserve grade trial matches. ;)
Future Origin star? Let's wait and see whether he manages to get through a Reserve Grade game without being (legally) smashed onto the injured list.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders co-captain Josh Hodgson back for Seiffert Oval trial against Sydney Roosters

He's back. Canberra Raiders star hooker Josh Hodgson looks set to return from a knee reconstruction in their pre-season trial against the Sydney Roosters on Saturday.

"Yeah, we'll probably get a glimpse of that," Sia Soliola said. "[Ricky Stuart] hasn't named anyone yet. We're trying to figure it out - your guess is as good as ours. We'll definitely know more [this] week.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

yurithe1 wrote: February 21, 2021, 11:22 am
Northern Raider wrote: February 19, 2021, 4:16 pm

who cares

Future Origin star? Let's wait and see whether he manages to get through a Reserve Grade game without being (legally) smashed onto the injured list.
I was being sarcastic.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

2021 Trial V Roosters: Teams and Game Day *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed »

2021 NRL Trial: Raiders V Roosters

Canberra Raiders V Sydney Roosters
Seiffert Oval
Saturday 27 February
Gates Open: 1:30pm
NSW Cup: 2:00pm Canberra Raiders v North Sydney Bears
Main Game: 4:00pm Canberra Raiders v Sydney Roosters
On line broadcast: Kayo, NRL.com, raiders.com.au, roosters.com.au

The Canberra Raiders have named a 32 man squad for the trial match against the Roosters this Saturday at Seiffert Oval.

Josh Hodgson is named to make his first appearance since injuring his ACL in round nine against the Melbourne Storm.

New Top 30 recruits, Ryan James, Caleb Aekins and Harry Rushton have also been named.

A number of players have also been selected to play in the NSW Cup trial match which will take place before the main game.

The match will be live streamed on raiders.com.au

Canberra Raiders media

Canberra Raiders

Caleb Aekins
Elijah Anderson
Adam Cook
Matt Frawley
Emre Guler
Siliva Havili
Josh Hodgson
Albert Hopoate
Corey Horsburgh
Ryan James
Seb Kris
Dunamis Lui
Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
Kai O’Donnell
Josh Papalii
Jordan Rapana
Harry Rushton
Curtis Scott
Harley Smith-Shields
Bailey Simonsson
Sia Soliola
Tom Starling
Ryan Sutton
Joseph Tapine
Leo Thompson
Matt Timoko
Semi Valemei
Elliott Whitehead
Jack Wighton
George Williams
Sam Williams
Hudson Young

Sydney Roosters

1. James Tedesco
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Josh Morris
4. Joseph Manu
5. Brett Morris
6. Lachlan Lam
7. Drew Hutchison
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
9. Jake Friend
10. Siosiua Taukeiaho
11. Angus Crichton
12. Sitili Tupouniua
13. Isaac Liu

14. Nat Butcher
15. Adam Keighran
16. Daniel Saluka-Fifita
17. Lindsay Collins

18. Matt Ikuvalu
19. Egan Butcher
20. Sam Walker
21. Freddy Lussick

Officials:

TBA

NSW Cup teams: viewtopic.php?p=1777274#p1777274
Junior Representative teams: viewtopic.php?p=1777154#p1777154

Match Hashtags: #NRL #WeareRaiders #NRLRaidersRoosters

The Greenhouse Hashtags: #WearGreen2021 #FromAllAngles

Plus follow us on Twitter: @TheGHRaiders and Instagram: @TheGHRaiders
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Yeah boys. Ready to rip and tear.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Re: 2021 Trial V Roosters: Teams and Game Day *Teams p1*

Post by -TW- »

Interesting that about half of the first grade squad is named to play NSW cup before hand

IBG
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by IBG »

I find it interesting that Curtis Scott has been named in the NSW Cup side as well.

I can understand why some other FG'ers are playing in that game as well to get up some game time, but he is the only 'big name' that you would have expected to be guaranteed a spot in Round 1 to be named.

I wonder if it's a matter of him getting as much game time as possible (but then why not have him play big minutes in the FG trial) or maybe even competition for backline spots is closer than we think?
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Only players missing from the top 30 (which current contains 29 players) are Jarrod Croker and Corey Harawira-Naera.

We know Croker is injured and presumably CHN is suspended by the club.

Mariota, Mooney, Savage and Webb not selected from the development players. We know Mooney and Savage are injured, Webb is playing SG Ball, not sure about Mariota, presumably injured too.

Of the on-going training listed on the squad tracker, only Clarkson is missing. We know he got hurt in SG Ball on Saturday.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

IBG wrote: February 23, 2021, 3:33 pm I find it interesting that Curtis Scott has been named in the NSW Cup side as well.

I can understand why some other FG'ers are playing in that game as well to get up some game time, but he is the only 'big name' that you would have expected to be guaranteed a spot in Round 1 to be named.

I wonder if it's a matter of him getting as much game time as possible (but then why not have him play big minutes in the FG trial) or maybe even competition for backline spots is closer than we think?
Ten players only named in First grade

Hodgson, Nicoll-Klokstad, Papalli, Rapana, Soliola, Tapine, Whitehead, Wighton, G Williams, Young.

Be very surprised if Lui runs out in NSW Cup, seeing as the last game he played was Origin.

My expectation is we will play our best side for the first 60 mins, save for the front rowers rotating, then the team will be completely replaced in the second half.

It is why scores are meaningless for trials.
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

Is Leo Thompson the guy who was pulling trees behind him? Possibly related to Jarryd Hayne?
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

magoo wrote: February 23, 2021, 3:47 pm Is Leo Thompson the guy who was pulling trees behind him? Possibly related to Jarryd Hayne?
Yes.
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

Be interested to see how he does, he certainly has the physique for it.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Bay53 wrote:
magoo wrote: February 23, 2021, 3:47 pm Is Leo Thompson the guy who was pulling trees behind him? Possibly related to Jarryd Hayne?
Yes.
no that was josh.
Leo is the junior all black convert centre

Edrick The Entertainer
Chicka Chicka Chicka
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Chicka Chicka Chicka »

Bay53 wrote: February 19, 2021, 9:20 am should be a great afternoon of footy in Q-town.

More importantly, it is the return of the Raiders NSW Cup team. Suaalii had just turned 4 years old when this team last played.

Sensible decision to play the games at 2pm / 4pm. The lights at Seiffert are pretty ordinary. Kick on in town afterwards. Flanno shirts optional.
No, flannies compulsory.