Sebastian Kris returns to training

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Sebastian Kris returns to training

Post by greeneyed »

Sebastian Kris returns to training as Canberra Raiders look to finalise NRL roster for 2021

Sebastian Kris has returned to the Canberra Raiders, after extended personal leave, and is one of several young guns being considered for the final spot available on the club's 30-man 2021 roster. Kris returned in a train-and-trial capacity a few weeks ago.

"He just had some family issues that he had to attend to," head of Raiders recruitment Peter Mulholland said. "He's back and he's looking really keen, and he approached us which was great."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Sebastian Kris returns to training as Canberra Raiders look to finalise NRL roster for 2020

Post by greeneyed »

Sione Tapu'osi on two year deal, to play SG Ball (Under 19s) next year. Bit confusing on Elijah Anderson... says he’s on a train and trial, but also that he’s signed for two years. So maybe he’s Jersey Flegg eligible.

If Rapana re-signs and Rushton can come, there’s only one spot left in the top 30.
TheSportress
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Gary Belcher

Re: Sebastian Kris returns to training as Canberra Raiders look to finalise NRL roster for 2020

Post by TheSportress »

greeneyed wrote: October 21, 2020, 2:58 pm Sione Tapu'osi on two year deal, to play SG Ball (Under 19s) next year. Bit confusing on Elijah Anderson... says he’s on a train and trial, but also that he’s signed for two years. So maybe he’s Jersey Flegg eligible.

If Rapana re-signs and Rushton can come, there’s only one spot left in the top 30.
I presume that doesn't include Oldfield?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

TheSportress wrote: October 21, 2020, 4:03 pm
greeneyed wrote: October 21, 2020, 2:58 pm Sione Tapu'osi on two year deal, to play SG Ball (Under 19s) next year. Bit confusing on Elijah Anderson... says he’s on a train and trial, but also that he’s signed for two years. So maybe he’s Jersey Flegg eligible.

I presume that doesn't include Oldfield?
No.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Re: Sebastian Kris returns to training

Post by julian87 »

This might be harsh but there’s really not spot to carry him business wise. Timoko and HSS > Kris by some margin imo.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

julian87 wrote: October 21, 2020, 7:43 pm This might be harsh but there’s really not spot to carry him business wise. Timoko and HSS > Kris by some margin imo.
With Kris on a train and trial contract it's up to him to show whether that's the case or not.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Thought Kris looked pretty solid in his limited time in FG. Certainly to be me looked capable of being a guy who might bounce around a few spots, and probably carve out a solid 100 game career probably playing on not very good teams. So I agree that Timoko and HSS would be ahead of him on potential and certainly with Kris coming off 12 months of no footy

But tbh Im just pleased he's back and whatever was his issues were have been resolved to the point where he continue to chase his dream. I hope he catches on be that here or somewhere else.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Botman wrote: October 22, 2020, 7:58 am Thought Kris looked pretty solid in his limited time in FG. Certainly to be me looked capable of being a guy who might bounce around a few spots, and probably carve out a solid 100 game career probably playing on not very good teams. So I agree that Timoko and HSS would be ahead of him on potential and certainly with Kris coming off 12 months of no footy

But tbh Im just pleased he's back and whatever was his issues were have been resolved to the point where he continue to chase his dream. I hope he catches on be that here or somewhere else.
This.

And just speculating here, but whilst playing FG for us he could well have been battling the issues that caused him to take time off.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Botman wrote: October 22, 2020, 7:58 am Thought Kris looked pretty solid in his limited time in FG. Certainly to be me looked capable of being a guy who might bounce around a few spots, and probably carve out a solid 100 game career probably playing on not very good teams. So I agree that Timoko and HSS would be ahead of him on potential and certainly with Kris coming off 12 months of no footy

I'm inclined to agree. I thought he was a bit more polished than Timoko and HSS. He looked pretty solid in his time in FG last year, he's not going to bust the opposition wide open but he also never encouraged any anxiety :lol:
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Oldfield is gone, sadly.

Kris, I concur with pig.

This side lacks genuine speed. And eye we're getting old.

If we don't win a comp next year, it's time to move a few on.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

It's good for him to be able to come back and give footy a real go, for his own peace of mind going forward. Good for the club as you need to stand by the people you work with when it's easy or when it's hard.

Pure football point of view I thought I saw more from Timoko and HSS in limited viewings. But mindset can make an enormous difference to performance.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I don't need to know what the 'family matters' were to say I'm glad he is back and training with the Raiders. He is a right center and very good defender. If he had been available he would have been very welcome in the Raiders line up in 2020 on those two attributes alone. He is a straight runner of the football rather than a stepper. Should he make it back into the FG side he will have a halfback to his left who can read the play and give advantage of players with this style. He showed in limited appearances that he can jump high and secure the football. I look forward to watching him go around again in 2021.
KasparRaider
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Joe Tapine

Post by KasparRaider »

RedRaider wrote: October 25, 2020, 12:36 pm I don't need to know what the 'family matters' were to say I'm glad he is back and training with the Raiders. He is a right center and very good defender. If he had been available he would have been very welcome in the Raiders line up in 2020 on those two attributes alone. He is a straight runner of the football rather than a stepper. Should he make it back into the FG side he will have a halfback to his left who can read the play and give advantage of players with this style. He showed in limited appearances that he can jump high and secure the football. I look forward to watching him go around again in 2021.
Completely agree with your assessment and glad he is back as well