Grand final tickets

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Raidersteve
Noa Nadruku

Grand final tickets

Post by Raidersteve »

Can anyone explain the grand final ticket situation? Are ticket sales open to the public or do we have to wait until the teams are decided with members getting the tickets.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Grand final tickets

Post by greeneyed »

Raidersteve wrote: October 10, 2020, 11:32 am Can anyone explain the grand final ticket situation? Are ticket sales open to the public or do we have to wait until the teams are decided with members getting the tickets.
They’re on sale to the general public right now. Grand Final team bays being held back for the fans of the two teams.

https://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/s ... AN20&v=AUS
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

I am looking at the moment. Going to be hard to get an number of large tickets ie 7 or 8 in good viewing. The gold tickets are not much better than the tickets allocated for the team members even platinum for any more than 4 or not great.
What are people doing waiting if we beat Melbourne or buying now to look to off load if we don’t.
At least like last year we play first before the Sydney team so may be able to pick up them on Friday.
I hear that the number available for members will be down this year so not sure of the chances of snagging a few at that time.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I bought one during the members presale... and can still get one in the same bay today (higher price).
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Just got a couple of cheapies today. Category 3 (same as last year) but I don't care - you still watch the same game for half the price, and I don't want to fork out a ton of money to watch the Storm play in the GF if they happen to beat us.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I'll hold out for supporter bay tickets, if and when we know...

Only the gas bill due in GF week this year, so less painful on the hip pocket! :lol:
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

I'm not jumping ahead, doing the same as last year, game at a time

I will jinx us otherwise!
Vaccinated
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Thought Souths were casually offside from the Moses penalty kick that hit the posts.
Raidersteve
Noa Nadruku

Post by Raidersteve »

Still can't seem to get access to buy tickets. I get a message saying I need an access password to get into the tickets.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

BJ wrote: October 10, 2020, 8:20 pm Thought Souths were casually offside from the Moses penalty kick that hit the posts.
Eels 100% deserved to be scored against from that stupid scoopy thing Gutherson did in the goddamn in-goal, though. Just fricking ground it!
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Raidersteve wrote: October 11, 2020, 10:02 am Still can't seem to get access to buy tickets. I get a message saying I need an access password to get into the tickets.
You just need to type in the number of tickets you want... ONE, TWO, THREE etc... in the password box.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

cat wrote:I'm not jumping ahead, doing the same as last year, game at a time

Yeah this is my game plan. At least we’re on Friday night. Means we can get in before the Penrith / Souths fans know their outcome
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

same

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Raidersteve
Noa Nadruku

Post by Raidersteve »

My wife has decided she will stay home with the kids this year if we make it to the grand final.

Are there any members who are planning on getting tickets in the supporters bay who might be able to hook me up with a ticket if we get through this week? I didn't manage to get a membership this year and if I end up going by myself I would prefer to be in the Raiders Supports bay and suspect I will struggle to get tickets in there without membership.
MrPosh
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Post by MrPosh »

This isn't going to be like last year. Assume the capacity is reduced and the team from the other half of the draw actually has fans, unlike the Roosters.
Raidersteve
Noa Nadruku

Post by Raidersteve »

MrPosh wrote: October 12, 2020, 5:43 pm This isn't going to be like last year. Assume the capacity is reduced and the team from the other half of the draw actually has fans, unlike the Roosters.
I think you are right I suspect there won't be many tickets if any after members purchase their tickets.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

according to a recent poll Canberra and Penrith have bottom 5 numbers of fans, if souths get in the tickets will be at a premium

Edrick The Entertainer
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

bonehead wrote: October 13, 2020, 7:05 am according to a recent poll Canberra and Penrith have bottom 5 numbers of fans, if souths get in the tickets will be at a premium

The thing about internet pills is they don't differentate between casual and commited fans. Roosters recent success and publicity would see them have a stack of fair weather friends. How many are prepared to buy a ticket and go see them play is a different story. Teams like Panthers and Raiders would have a higher % of dedicated fans where it's part of their DNA.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Northern Raider wrote:
bonehead wrote: October 13, 2020, 7:05 am according to a recent poll Canberra and Penrith have bottom 5 numbers of fans, if souths get in the tickets will be at a premium

The thing about internet pills is they don't differentate between casual and commited fans. Roosters recent success and publicity would see them have a stack of fair weather friends. How many are prepared to buy a ticket and go see them play is a different story. Teams like Panthers and Raiders would have a higher % of dedicated fans where it's part of their DNA.
my cousin and his mates are panthers members, I'll either try to buy and join them or buy one off them if we get there i spose

Edrick The Entertainer
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

bonehead wrote: October 13, 2020, 9:29 am
Northern Raider wrote:

my cousin and his mates are panthers members, I'll either try to buy and join them or buy one off them if we get there i spose

Which bandwagon you hitching a ride with? :)
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Raidersteve
Noa Nadruku

Post by Raidersteve »

My theory is that the best chance for non members would be to buy straight after the game on Friday night if we win or before Friday. I feel like there won't be any in the supporters bay after members buy their tickets.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Raidersteve wrote: October 13, 2020, 2:15 pm My theory is that the best chance for non members would be to buy straight after the game on Friday night if we win or before Friday. I feel like there won't be any in the supporters bay after members buy their tickets.
Generally (and I get that there are a lot of things different this year), the supporters bays are not sold until Monday of Grand final week.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:

Yeah this is my game plan. At least we’re on Friday night. Means we can get in before the Penrith / Souths fans know their outcome
Pretty sure they suspend ticket sales just before the first game so that doesn't happen

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

-TW- wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:

Pretty sure they suspend ticket sales just before the first game so that doesn't happen

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
They didn’t do it last year. I got mine straight after I found out we were in the GF
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Raidersteve
Noa Nadruku

Post by Raidersteve »

Bay53 wrote: October 13, 2020, 2:41 pm
Raidersteve wrote: October 13, 2020, 2:15 pm My theory is that the best chance for non members would be to buy straight after the game on Friday night if we win or before Friday. I feel like there won't be any in the supporters bay after members buy their tickets.
Generally (and I get that there are a lot of things different this year), the supporters bays are not sold until Monday of Grand final week.
Yeah I understand this. My plan would be to buy tickets to whatever I can get Friday night because I'm unlikely to be able to get a ticket into the supporters bay which would be my preference if I end up having to go by myself. Without the membership I just wasn't able to get this year I just don't see it happening with a take whatever I can get Friday night.