Total votes: 19

afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Re: 2020 Finals Week 3 V Storm: Teams and Previews

Post by afgtnk »

Raidersteve wrote: October 10, 2020, 9:29 pm
afgtnk wrote: October 10, 2020, 9:09 pm
Northern Raider wrote: October 10, 2020, 8:43 pm Name a team that has more travel time than the Raiders.
Sure - Titans, Broncos, Cowboys. That's the minimum.

Let's break it down.

On resumption, we had the Storm in Melbourne. Flight.

Next round started our first of two away 'home games'. Believe the first was chartered flight. https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/off-to ... 55c7d.html

Then next week 'away', bus to Campbelltown.

Week after also Campbelltown at 'home', seems we elected not to fly because we rathered the bus. Can't be an excuse, we had the option.

Away next game at Bankwest, bus.

After that we're back at home and play seven games there. Roosters game away we have a flight. Same with the Dragons away. There may be more. We do two trips one trip to GC one to NQ, three to Syd, one to Wollongong on resumption.

On resumption:

Gold Coast: One trip NQ, one trip to Sunshine Coast, six trips to Sydney, three games at Suncorp

Brisbane: Three trips to Central Coast, four trips to Sydney, one trip to Canberra, one to Gold Coast

Nth QLD: Four trips to Sydney, one to Central Coast, one to Newcastle, one to Brisbane, one to Sunshine Coast, one to Gold Coast

You 'lose', unless you can prove what a number of your have taken as fact - something I've now asked for repeatedly which you can't seem to provide.
All of the Queensland teams that travelled to NSW flew in and all of the flights were shorter in travel time than Canberra travelling from Canberra to Sydney by bus. Plus the Cowboys and Broncos played 2 additional home games than Canberra. Titans played 2 home games at Suncorp which is a shorter trip than Canberra to Sydney.
As a result COVID, we only had to do one extra round trip by bus this season.

One.

If you think that's going to outweigh all the travel the QLD teams did, good luck.
Last edited by afgtnk on October 10, 2020, 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

afgtnk wrote: October 10, 2020, 9:23 pm So basically, what you guys are reaaaaally whinging about here, can ONLY be whinging about, because nothing else form even a remotely plausible excuse or argument, is two home games being taken away to Campbelltown in a three week period.

That's it. That's all that we were 'dudded' for. And one was a chartered flight, which I believe to be in both directions, as per the link above.

Therefore, to wrap what you've just been served, if you want to use two home games moved to **** Campbelltown as proof positive that we've done it so hard this season, the only abnormality that we have faced this season in terms of travel as a result of the pandemic, when there's a team that's relocated from another countries, one to another state, and another bunch with naturally larger travel distances and times, you're an absolute **** clown.
Not whinging. This started when I praised the team for making a preliminary final in a tough year which included a difficult travel schedule. You have since twisted it using some creative logic to claim that we we didn't have a difficult schedule and we no worse off than other teams.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

A difficult travel schedule :lol: aka two extra trips to Campbelltown. One by chartered plane. So, so tough.

Ricky's got you guys eating out the palm of his **** hand.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Picked a side of the argument and just refuses to concede in the face of being obviously diabolically wrong. So he tries to throw up straw men to obfuscate instead of just admitting a tiny initial error
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Error? Straw man?

I've given detailed explanations, with facts and figures, **** that is CONCRETE, and you still haven't provided squat.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

I’ll just drop this again in case alfabet doesn’t recognise maths as a valid statistic.

Raiders travel time 2020 (regular season only) was 72.25 hours.

Parra as above was a total of 18.45 hours.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Coastalraider wrote: October 10, 2020, 9:36 pm I’ll just drop this again in case alfabet doesn’t recognise maths as a valid statistic.

He does recognise maths. He also recognises cherry picking too.

Put up the others teams, and show your working too if you're putting up your own numbers. I've never said the Raiders have had it easiest. I'm saying we haven't had it the hardest.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Haha, I'm not feeding the troll any more.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

afgtnk wrote: October 10, 2020, 9:37 pm
Coastalraider wrote: October 10, 2020, 9:36 pm I’ll just drop this again in case alfabet doesn’t recognise maths as a valid statistic.

He does recognise maths. He also recognises cherry picking too.

Put up the others teams, and show your working too if you're putting up your own numbers. I've never said the Raiders have had it easiest. I'm saying we haven't had it the hardest.
I did this earlier in the year when I realised how easy a draw Parra had received given they rarely left Sydney and so many of their games were at bankwest. It’s a direct comparison against another top team to see the cumulative effect of a low travel vs high travel draw as a result of the rescheduled covid. All maths were tallied from google maps drive times and readily available flight time data on line.

It’s absolutely cherry picking.

It’s also hard fact that some teams have had a significantly easier travel schedule than we have. Penrith are very similar.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Back onto the upcoming game. Early market with Sportsbet has Storm at $1.50 and Raiders $2.65. I was expecting us to be a bit longer odds.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Northern Raider wrote: October 10, 2020, 9:39 pm Haha, I'm not feeding the troll any more.
That's because you have no food, dawg. You went flush out once you realised your whole 'give us examples of other teams' line of argument got chucked out the window, likely at the time you saw what kind of travel the QLD teams did and the only two games that we were affected by.

Do you have anything, SOMETHING, to show that we were extremely hard done by travel wise as a result of Covid? Because you've clearly been shown that it can only be two games in Campbelltown put into question here.

I've lost count of how many times I've asked now.
Raidersteve
Noa Nadruku

Post by Raidersteve »

afgtnk wrote: October 10, 2020, 9:36 pm Error? Straw man?

I've given detailed explanations, with facts and figures, **** that is CONCRETE, and you still haven't provided squat.
Did you not say that Canberra had to do an extra trip to Sydney plus a couple of extra flights. Isn't the word 'extra' proof in itself that Canberra travelled for longer than any other team.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

afgtnk wrote: October 10, 2020, 9:43 pm
Northern Raider wrote: October 10, 2020, 9:39 pm Haha, I'm not feeding the troll any more.
That's because you have no food, dawg. You went flush out once you realised your whole 'give us examples of other teams' line of argument got chucked out the window, likely at the time you saw what kind of travel the QLD teams did and the only two games that we were affected by.

Do you have anything, SOMETHING, to show that we were extremely hard done by travel wise as a result of Covid? Because you've clearly been shown that it can only be two games in Campbelltown put into question here.

Quite simply each trip away holds significant travel time. Whether it's 5, 6 or 8 hour round trip. We did it more than any other team.

Cowboys certainly had more of those longer trips, going to the Sydney region 6 times. They also went sufficiently **** and finished 14th.

That's enough food for you.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Now he’s comparing the 3 home games Raiders had in Sydney which he’s counted as 1 because Raiders cheated and used planes, to the whole season travel of the Qld teams (who presumably did not use planes).

He’s lost his damn mind.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Raidersteve wrote: October 10, 2020, 9:45 pm

Did you not say that Canberra had to do an extra trip to Sydney plus a couple of extra flights. Isn't the word 'extra' proof in itself that Canberra travelled for longer than any other team.
We had eight home games this season. If everything was 'fair' and 'equal', which regardless would be a bunch of self-serving, selfish garbage amidst a global pandemic, we would've had 10.

Two of those were taken to Campbelltown.

On one of those trips, we seem to have take a chartered plane round trip.

The other was by bus, which we chose to take over the plane.

We've also a flight to Sydney for the Roosters game and a flight Wollongong for the Dragons game. I assumed we usually do the round trip by bus for these games in other seasons.

Aside from that, everything else was par for the course. Or do people want to whinge about that too, because we're in Canberra and unlike Sydney teams, have to travel a bit more for away games?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

gangrenous wrote: October 10, 2020, 9:51 pm Now he’s comparing the 3 home games Raiders had in Sydney which he’s counted as 1 because Raiders cheated and used planes, to the whole season travel of the Qld teams (who presumably did not use planes).

He’s lost his damn mind.
No. He's clearly just trolling. Nobody could type this kind of stuff and actually believe it.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

gangrenous wrote: October 10, 2020, 9:51 pm Now he’s comparing the 3 home games Raiders had in Sydney which he’s counted as 1 because Raiders cheated and used planes, to the whole season travel of the Qld teams (who presumably did not use planes).

He’s lost his damn mind.
We've had two home games in Sydney, not three.

You're absolutely hopeless at this, aren't you?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

afgtnk wrote: October 10, 2020, 9:53 pm

We had eight home games this season. If everything was 'fair' and 'equal', which regardless would be a bunch of self-serving, selfish garbage amidst a global pandemic, we would've had 10.

We've also a flight to Sydney for the Roosters game and a flight Wollongong for the Dragons game. I assumed we usually do the round trip by bus for these games in other seasons.

Aside from that, everything else was par for the course. Or do people want to whinge about that too, because we're in Canberra and unlike Sydney teams, have to travel a bit more for away games?
This is why I'm no longer feeding the troll. You just twist everything around to create an argument.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Northern Raider wrote: October 10, 2020, 9:51 pm
afgtnk wrote: October 10, 2020, 9:43 pm

Quite simply each trip away holds significant travel time. Whether it's 5, 6 or 8 hour round trip. We did it more than any other team.

Cowboys certainly had more of those longer trips, going to the Sydney region 6 times. They also went sufficiently **** and finished 14th.

That's enough food for you.
Prove it or give up your ridiculous whinge.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Young gun repaying Canberra Raiders' faith after disciplinary issues

This time last year Hudson Young was in the middle of an eight-match ban for a second eye-gouging offence and had just been forced to watch on as the Raiders went agonising close to an unlikely grand final upset. Twelve months on, Young is now arguably rugby league's comeback story of the season.

"The club have always been behind Hudson. I've always been one of Hudson's biggest admirers. But he needs to keep his head down and keep working hard, which he is very good at.

Read more: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/young- ... 563ul.html

'Take charge': How Stuart inspired Papalii and Tapine

Raiders prop Josh Papalii has revealed how he and lock Joseph Tapine had taken on leadership roles within the team after a mid-season meeting with coach Ricky Stuart in the wake of the club's forward injury crisis.

"Ricky brought me and Taps into his office, and just said with all the middles going down it was important for me and Taps to take charge," Papalii said.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/10/10/tak ... nd-tapine/

George Williams proved me wrong, to the benefit of Canberra Raiders: https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/r ... en-2998591

'No one gave us a chance': Raiders prove doubters wrong to keep season alive: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/ ... ason-alive
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Northern Raider wrote: October 10, 2020, 9:56 pm

This is why I'm no longer feeding the troll. You just twist everything around to create an argument.

THOSE ARE THE FACTS.
You cannot dispute what I've just said, sans the self-serving selfish part.

:lol:

The refuge of the battered and well beaten on a discussion forum - resorting to calling someone a troll.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Go to bed troll.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Lose your ego and admit when you're wrong, dude. A few of you have this problem on here.

You can't produce one thing to defend what you're saying.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

afgtnk wrote: October 10, 2020, 9:23 pm So basically, what you guys are reaaaaally whinging about here, can ONLY be whinging about, because nothing else form even a remotely plausible excuse or argument, is two home games being taken away to Campbelltown in a three week period.

That's it. That's all that we were 'dudded' for. And one was a chartered flight, which I believe to be in both directions, as per the link above.

Therefore, to wrap what you've just been served, if you want to use two home games moved to **** Campbelltown as proof positive that we've done it so hard this season, the only abnormality that we have faced this season in terms of travel as a result of the pandemic, when there's a team that's relocated from another countries, one to another state, and another bunch with naturally larger travel distances and times, you're an absolute **** clown.
The chartered flights were one way for the record, and add on a 40min+ bus ride to the stadium from the airport

I would love to see you get in at 1am at the earliest after playing footy and then back it up in a few days

so please prove your point
Vaccinated
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Seriously. Go to bed.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Northern Raider wrote: October 10, 2020, 10:03 pm Seriously. Go to bed.
Seriously - prove your point or stop posting. I'll just keep showing you up harder when you bring nothing but Bull to the table.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:Young gun repaying Canberra Raiders' faith after disciplinary issues

This time last year Hudson Young was in the middle of an eight-match ban for a second eye-gouging offence and had just been forced to watch on as the Raiders went agonising close to an unlikely grand final upset. Twelve months on, Young is now arguably rugby league's comeback story of the season.

"The club have always been behind Hudson. I've always been one of Hudson's biggest admirers. But he needs to keep his head down and keep working hard, which he is very good at.

Raiders prop Josh Papalii has revealed how he and lock Joseph Tapine had taken on leadership roles within the team after a mid-season meeting with coach Ricky Stuart in the wake of the club's forward injury crisis.

"Ricky brought me and Taps into his office, and just said with all the middles going down it was important for me and Taps to take charge," Papalii said.

George Williams proved me wrong, to the benefit of Canberra Raiders: https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/r ... en-2998591

'No one gave us a chance': Raiders prove doubters wrong to keep season alive: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/ ... ason-alive
I've been so impressed with how quite a few players have really stepped up this season. Ryan Sutton was my hot tip at the start of the year to be a huge improver and he didn't let me down. Young has just exploded in the last month and Tapine has been brilliant. He was awesome when he first arrived at the club and earned a NZ jersey on raw ability but he has now matured after a rough 2019. Really happy to see it.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

You won't accept anything presented to you. It's been explained by multiple people. All you want to do is argue. I do not want to waste any more time on it. Congratulations on your victory.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

cat wrote:

The chartered flights were one way for the record, and add on a 40min+ bus ride to the stadium from the airport

I would love to see you get in at 1am at the earliest after playing footy and then back it up in a few days

From memory a few of them were later than 1am because our fox timeslot is often the 7.30 game.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

cat wrote: October 10, 2020, 10:03 pm

Bzzzzz. Wrong. Chartered flights were provided return for both Campbelltown 'home' games. We refused for the second and took the bus it seems.

The games against the Roosters and Dragons away, played after we moved back to Canberra for home games, were one way flights and return on bus - seemingly after the club whinged to the NRL about recovery time.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

gergreg wrote: October 10, 2020, 10:06 pm
greeneyed wrote:Young gun repaying Canberra Raiders' faith after disciplinary issues

I've been so impressed with how quite a few players have really stepped up this season. Ryan Sutton was my hot tip at the start of the year to be a huge improver and he didn't let me down. Young has just exploded in the last month and Tapine has been brilliant. He was awesome when he first arrived at the club and earned a NZ jersey on raw ability but he has now matured after a rough 2019. Really happy to see it.

Totally agree, as a fan who has been around for awhile I love and am so impressed with the development of some of our boys. Papa was this giant shy teddy bear who loved mcdonalds too much. Now to hear him talk and watch him both on and off the field is awesome.

Jacky is the same, add in Taps and even Hors and wow Ricky is making men!

A lot of that I put down to Sia too, the respect they show him calling him Uncle is huge.

We have a team of leaders not a team of big head stars and I LOVE IT
Vaccinated
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Northern Raider wrote: October 10, 2020, 10:08 pm You won't accept anything presented to you. It's been explained by multiple people. All you want to do is argue. I do not want to waste any more time on it. Congratulations on your victory.
You were proven incorrect. Your entire whinge is invalid. It's made up by the club, by Ricky, to push his agenda - which is fine. No one is out to dud us. The big bad NRL isn't out to stomp the poor little Raiders by making them travel endlessly, because as clearly demonstrated to you, it didn't happen.

And please, don't try to make out like you've explained anything. You haven't provided or explained ****.
Raidersteve
Noa Nadruku

Post by Raidersteve »

During the covid affected rds 3 to 7 Canberra played one in Melbourne and 4 in Sydney. The Cowboys and Broncos played 3 home games. The Titans played to home games at Suncorp a shorter travel than Canberra to Sydney.

Those are the facts. The additional travel the Raiders had in that time was tough on the players and had an impact on their performance at the time. The facts are that the Raiders had the toughest schedule over that period.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

afgtnk wrote: October 10, 2020, 10:15 pm
Northern Raider wrote: October 10, 2020, 10:08 pm You won't accept anything presented to you. It's been explained by multiple people. All you want to do is argue. I do not want to waste any more time on it. Congratulations on your victory.
You were proven incorrect. Your entire whinge is invalid. It's made up by the club, by Ricky, to push his agenda - which is fine. No one is out to dud us. The big bad NRL isn't out to stomp the poor little Raiders by making them travel endlessly, because as clearly demonstrated to you, it didn't happen.

And please, don't try to make out like you've explained anything. You haven't provided or explained ****.
Yep, good. Enjoy your evening.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Raidersteve wrote: October 10, 2020, 10:16 pm

During the covid affected rds 3 to 7 Canberra played one in Melbourne and 4 in Sydney. The Cowboys and Broncos played 3 home games. The Titans played to home games at Suncorp a shorter travel than Canberra to Sydney.

Those are the facts. The additional travel the Raiders had in that time was tough on the players and had an impact on their performance at the time. The facts are that the Raiders had the toughest schedule over that period.
How did Covid affect us playing in Melbourne and two away games in Sydney, and why are you including them as being Covid affected? Would we not play them in normal circumstances, in other years? They would be played in the same areas - except the Manly one, which they would usually play at their home and not Campbelltown. So, we've actually saved travel by not having to go to Brookvale on that one :lol:

You aren't stripping it down here to see what's actually affected us. If your whinge is about travelling to Melbourne and playing four games in Sydney (two of which were designated as 'home'), your whinge is moreso about the formation of the draw and the normal travel we've been required to do as a result, not about how Covid has affected it.

Covid only affected two home games that we had and pushed them out to Campbelltown.That's it from Covid's part in terms extra/unusual travel distance for a game, post resumption when special Covid measures were brought in. If the whinge is about the draw as a whole and the travel we've had to do, the vast, vast majority of which we'd have to do in any given season, then I'm sorry. That is no whinge and no excuse - worse than blaming the refs for everything.