Roosters 13+
5%

Total votes: 19

Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Re: 2020 Finals Week 2 V Roosters: Teams and Previews

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

greeneyed wrote: October 5, 2020, 7:50 pm Ben Cummins in line to referee Sydney Roosters and Canberra Raiders semi-final

The NRL is wrestling with potentially the most controversial refereeing appointment of the season — putting last year’s grand final villain, Ben Cummins, in charge of Friday night’s elimination final between Sydney Roosters and Canberra.

Told Cummins could control the Raiders-Roosters grand final rematch, Canberra great Glenn Lazarus replied: "Are you serious? I can’t believe they would even consider doing that. He monumentally stuffed up the grand final."

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... ef37432d5e

Cummins the hour, Cummins the man: Canberra Raiders star John Bateman backs ref

A cheeky John Bateman hopes referee Ben Cummins is in charge of the Canberra Raiders grand final rematch against the Sydney Roosters because he won't make the same mistake again.

"I hope he gets in charge because hopefully he doesn't do a decision like that again," Bateman laughed. "But I'm not too fussed who it is to be fair. We lost the game ourselves, that didn't lose us the game."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

State of Origin bubble won't give Canberra Raiders star Jack Wighton the Blues

Another bubble, no troubles. Jack Wighton would jump at the chance to play State of Origin for NSW this year.

"It's one of the biggest honours you can have as a rugby league player. A little bit of commitment and going back into camp and going into another bubble is nothing. The positives far outweigh the negatives of that situation."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Canberra Raiders star Jack Wighton looking even better in No.6

Jack Wighton doesn't like to compare this year to last, but even he can surely see how much his game has grown in the past 12 months at five-eighth.

"I don't know (how I compare to last year), I can't remember yesterday," Wighton said. "But my big goal was that there was a lot of talk about first-year luck. My point was to stand up for the boys and take away that (talk of) first-year luck."

Read more: https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... -c-1362403
This mission just got a whole lot more impossibler.

Last edited by Roger Kenworthy on October 5, 2020, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

He makes terrible calls every single game. How could anybody watch the weekends games and think that he is in the top two refs in the game? There were several really bad calls in the Souths / Newcastle game. Penalising Barnett for not being square was just flat out wrong. You can't get calls like that wrong. At least two otherccaptains challenges where he flat out got it wrong.

His rucks are by far the slowest. We won't win with him reffing and Roosters slowing the ruck.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

'It showed a lot of class from him': Why Sticky biting his lip after last year's Grand Final has helped Canberra Raiders

Ricky Stuart never felt the temptation to let rip at last year's post-match press conference after Canberra appeared to be dudded in the grand final.

"We were really proud of what we achieved last year but also really proud of the way Rick handled a very difficult situation in very controversial circumstances,'' Don Furner said. "It showed a lot of class from him.''

Read more: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/it-sho ... 5627x.html

Sonny side up: Colourful Williams back as Raiders relish his return

Sonny Bill Williams, who missed the tricolours' gripping qualifying final loss to the Panthers because of a neck complaint, was back in training at the SCG on Monday.

"I hope he's there," Josh Papalii said. "As a player you want to play against the best players. To see Sonny and Jared [Waerea-Hargreaves], if we can beat them with their full squad it will only give us more confidence."

Read more: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/sonny- ... 5621o.html
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Raiders have spent 50 hour commuting to games this year, the Roosters 20. The Raiders to be offered a plane ride to and from Friday's game.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

greeneyed wrote: October 5, 2020, 8:26 pm Raiders have spent 50 hour commuting to games this year, the Roosters 20. The Raiders to be offered a plane ride to and from Friday's game.
Hopefully we rattle up a few more hours in the coming weeks.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

greeneyed wrote: October 5, 2020, 8:26 pm Raiders have spent 50 hour commuting to games this year, the Roosters 20. The Raiders to be offered a plane ride to and from Friday's game.
Presumably they need to get out to Bankstown after the game? They won’t make Sydney airport curfew I would have thought?
pacman
Jason Croker

Post by pacman »

Still 2 tickets available in the Raiders bay at cost price - PM me if interested.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Andrew Webster on 100% Footy says Ben Cummins will not officiate Canberra Raiders V Sydney Roosters... having checked with sources at the NRL. #NRL #WeAreRaiders #NRLRoostersRaiders #NRLFinals
Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

Ben Cummins is sooo bad, he was Ref for that Eels vs Sea Eagles game where Manly scored last min and he ruled it foward, and was offically announced the wrong call, he almost cost us against Cowboys, like he just is not 1st grade standard
Jonalanat
Noa Nadruku

Post by Jonalanat »

pacman wrote: October 5, 2020, 9:01 pm Still 2 tickets available in the Raiders bay at cost price - PM me if interested.
Hi there,

Do you still have tickets to this game?

If yes, could you advise what bay so I can get an idea where it is?

What is cost?

Cheers
Jonalanat
Noa Nadruku

Post by Jonalanat »

Couldn’t get pm sent out to you
Raidersteve
Noa Nadruku

Post by Raidersteve »

pacman wrote: October 5, 2020, 9:01 pm Still 2 tickets available in the Raiders bay at cost price - PM me if interested.
Should have taken you up on those rather than the rubbish tickets I got.
pacman
Jason Croker

Post by pacman »

Bay 4 - $60 for both (tickets + fee)
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Crusader wrote: October 5, 2020, 9:56 pm Ben Cummins is sooo bad, he was Ref for that Eels vs Sea Eagles game where Manly scored last min and he ruled it foward, and was offically announced the wrong call, he almost cost us against Cowboys, like he just is not 1st grade standard
Touchie made that call. Can't blame Cummins for it.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Jonalanat
Noa Nadruku

Post by Jonalanat »

Northern Raider wrote: October 6, 2020, 8:06 am
Crusader wrote: October 5, 2020, 9:56 pm Ben Cummins is sooo bad, he was Ref for that Eels vs Sea Eagles game where Manly scored last min and he ruled it foward, and was offically announced the wrong call, he almost cost us against Cowboys, like he just is not 1st grade standard

I thought that pocket rocket referee Gerard Sutton made the call and Cummins just followed suit...
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

greeneyed wrote: October 5, 2020, 9:48 pm @TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Andrew Webster on 100% Footy says Ben Cummins will not officiate Canberra Raiders V Sydney Roosters... having checked with sources at the NRL. #NRL #WeAreRaiders #NRLRoostersRaiders #NRLFinals
That's the right thing to do. It would not be fair on him or either of the teams.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

gergreg wrote: October 5, 2020, 8:21 pm He makes terrible calls every single game. How could anybody watch the weekends games and think that he is in the top two refs in the game? There were several really bad calls in the Souths / Newcastle game. Penalising Barnett for not being square was just flat out wrong. You can't get calls like that wrong. At least two otherccaptains challenges where he flat out got it wrong.

His rucks are by far the slowest. We won't win with him reffing and Roosters slowing the ruck.

Yeah, my concern wouldn't be about how he handles the pressure and how that will translate to his officiating of our team. My concern is that he's an ordinary referee who **** up big calls way too often. He's indecisive and he's a terrible communicator with the players.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Tears, cheers and a contract call: Cotric returns to emotional SCG scene

The last time the Raiders packed into the SCG sheds they were celebrating one of the most famous wins in their 38-year history.But amongst the cheers, Nick Cotric shed a tear or two knowing that earlier that day the clock had officially started counting down on his Canberra career.

"It was that Roosters game for me and yeah, there was a bit of emotion afterwards," Cotric recalled.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/10/06/tea ... scg-scene/
boomer
David Shillington

Post by boomer »

I honestly think Cotric will be back in green within 2 years. The bulldogs contract would of been a mistake and eventually a blip in his career.
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

I’m used to the idea of Cotric leaving but it stills feels like a bad result for both parties.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Seiffert82 wrote:
gergreg wrote: October 5, 2020, 8:21 pm He makes terrible calls every single game. How could anybody watch the weekends games and think that he is in the top two refs in the game? There were several really bad calls in the Souths / Newcastle game. Penalising Barnett for not being square was just flat out wrong. You can't get calls like that wrong. At least two otherccaptains challenges where he flat out got it wrong.

Yeah, my concern wouldn't be about how he handles the pressure and how that will translate to his officiating of our team. My concern is that he's an ordinary referee who **** up big calls way too often. He's indecisive and he's a terrible communicator with the players.
I'd like to see some analysis of referee challenges to see which referee is getting calls wrong. I'd put money on Cummins being at, or close to, the top of that list. Early in the year he was giving the fewest 6agains in the comp and his games were noticeably slower. I think it may be because he is struggling with his fitness and can't speed the games up because he can barely keep up.

Like I said I hope he has refereed his last NRL game this year. There is 2 games this weekend and next and he is not in the top 2 refs in the game.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Jonalanat wrote: October 6, 2020, 8:08 am

I thought that pocket rocket referee Gerard Sutton made the call and Cummins just followed suit...
There was no pocket ref. Touchie definitely called it. You might be thinking of a different game.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Northern Raider wrote: October 6, 2020, 10:10 am
There was no pocket ref. Touchie definitely called it. You might be thinking of a different game.
I don't know if this story is accurate, but...

Annesley explains the six-again call reversal

NRL head of football Graham Annesley shot down calls for the game to return to one central referee after three grand final officials were involved in a controversial six-again call in the Roosters' 14-8 grand final win over the Raiders at ANZ Stadium on Sunday night.

Head referee Ben Cummins initially signalled for another Raiders set, but was advised by his assistant Gerard Sutton and touch judge Chris Butler to change that call to play on, which he did immediately.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/10/07/ann ... -reversal/
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

You are talking about different things - the Eels/Eagles game and the Raiders/Roosters GF
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Ruben Daley wrote: October 6, 2020, 9:46 am I’m used to the idea of Cotric leaving but it stills feels like a bad result for both parties.
Yeah, if he genuinely wants to experience life up in Sydney then fair play to him. Hard to stand in the way of that.

We're going to miss him a lot, but I also think the Dogs are paying overs for him. It will be interesting to see whether he does end up playing centre, as I agree with Stuart that he's a wonderful winger. At 22 he's got so many years ahead of him too.

The Dogs are clearly quite dysfunctional as a club at the moment. We could well see Cotric come back after his contract. Who knows.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Azza wrote: October 6, 2020, 10:27 am

You are talking about different things - the Eels/Eagles game and the Raiders/Roosters GF
I'm taking about the forward pass in the Eels v Manly game
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Northern Raider wrote: October 6, 2020, 11:02 am
Azza wrote: October 6, 2020, 10:27 am

I'm taking about the forward pass in the Eels v Manly game
Oh! Sorry!
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Don't think there will be a single change to the team including bench that beat the sharks.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

radicalraider wrote: October 6, 2020, 11:14 am Don't think there will be a single change to the team including bench that beat the sharks.
I don't expect changes to the 17. Potential for changes within the 17. Lui and Havili may start this week.
Mercury
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Mercury »

Seiffert82 wrote: October 6, 2020, 10:28 am
Ruben Daley wrote: October 6, 2020, 9:46 am I’m used to the idea of Cotric leaving but it stills feels like a bad result for both parties.
Yeah, if he genuinely wants to experience life up in Sydney then fair play to him. Hard to stand in the way of that.

We're going to miss him a lot, but I also think the Dogs are paying overs for him. It will be interesting to see whether he does end up playing centre, as I agree with Stuart that he's a wonderful winger. At 22 he's got so many years ahead of him too.

The Dogs are clearly quite dysfunctional as a club at the moment. We could well see Cotric come back after his contract. Who knows.
I don't know where Cotric will go he will not see out the 3 year contract. He wants the glamour club not the rabble.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Mercury wrote: October 6, 2020, 1:36 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: October 6, 2020, 10:28 am

I don't know where Cotric will go he will not see out the 3 year contract. He wants the glamour club not the rabble.
I think by August next year there will be rumours Cotric wants to come back. Even if there is no truth to them.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

We were bloody awful against the Sharks just watching the replay. Only hope for us is the fact we can play a lot better.
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

Lots of talk that the Roosters are cooked in the media. They will be fired up with a point to prove!
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Azza wrote: October 6, 2020, 2:04 pm We were bloody awful against the Sharks just watching the replay. Only hope for us is the fact we can play a lot better.
I had to chuckle about all the stories of how good the Sharks were in the first half. The fact of the matter is we were absolutely atrocious. A decent team could have put 30 on us.

The second half went the way the entire 80 minutes should have been played.

I know Johnson wasn't playing, but the Sharks were right up there as one of the worst finals teams in the history of the NRL.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Azza wrote: October 6, 2020, 2:04 pm We were bloody awful against the Sharks just watching the replay. Only hope for us is the fact we can play a lot better.
Credit where it is due. The Sharks played out of their skin in the first half and completely outplayed us and out enthused us in every element of the game. They generated repeat sets while we compounded our problems with unforced errors. We will definitely need to be a lot better but there were also some positive signs. Once our halves got involved they really made things happen which is a good sign!