Second week of finals

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Raidersteve
Noa Nadruku

Second week of finals

Post by Raidersteve »

I know this is jumping the gun a little but if Canberra win next in week one do they get a home semi? Or will it be a Panthers/Roosters home game?
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Re: Second Week of Finals

Post by afgtnk »

We will not get a home semi. It will be the opposition's home game
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Shortest thread ever
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Raidersteve
Noa Nadruku

Post by Raidersteve »

Ok so week 2 will be in Sydney if we get through week 1.
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Re: Second week of finals

Post by kona_dream »

Assuming we happen to win next week. Who are people preferring to play week 2 out of Panthers or Roosters? Clearly we would love Para to upset Melbourne to then have to play Para to get into the GF.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

If we win the premiership do we get drunk and run naked through the streets ?

YOUBETCHA !!
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Raidersteve wrote: September 27, 2020, 10:29 am Ok so week 2 will be in Sydney if we get through week 1.
Correct.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

kona_dream wrote: September 27, 2020, 1:10 pm Assuming we happen to win next week. Who are people preferring to play week 2 out of Panthers or Roosters? Clearly we would love Para to upset Melbourne to then have to play Para to get into the GF.
Roosters.

I think Panthers will bounce back hard should they lose and go out to show they're still the top dogs here. IMO we can only beat them in a Grand Final by ambushing them and using our age and experience to our advantage.

Roosters losing to me would signal that they're running a bit short on steam, especially given the almighty belting they've just copped. We didn't win last game again them but we were right in it - we'll have enough fight and hunger to get 'em this time.
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

Think we all need to focus on sharks. We will be ambushed ourselves if our thoughts are any where else but next week
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

It’d be so 2020 to lose to Sharks in Round 1 of finals after they haven’t beaten a top 8 side all year
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Old School Green wrote: September 27, 2020, 2:49 pm Think we all need to focus on sharks. We will be ambushed ourselves if our thoughts are any where else but next week
100%. Close this thread. It's begging for trouble. :x
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
jimmy82
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by jimmy82 »

gangrenous wrote: September 27, 2020, 2:57 pm It’d be so 2020 to lose to Sharks in Round 1 of finals after they haven’t beaten a top 8 side all year Image
Records are meant to be broken, delete this thread please.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Hope we play the Roosters so I have a chance of getting a ticket.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

afgtnk wrote: September 27, 2020, 2:05 pm
kona_dream wrote: September 27, 2020, 1:10 pm Assuming we happen to win next week. Who are people preferring to play week 2 out of Panthers or Roosters? Clearly we would love Para to upset Melbourne to then have to play Para to get into the GF.
Roosters.

I think Panthers will bounce back hard should they lose and go out to show they're still the top dogs here. IMO we can only beat them in a Grand Final by ambushing them and using our age and experience to our advantage.

Roosters losing to me would signal that they're running a bit short on steam, especially given the almighty belting they've just copped. We didn't win last game again them but we were right in it - we'll have enough fight and hunger to get 'em this time.
This.

You dont really want penrith in week 2, I would take them in any other week of the finals but week 2.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Na i'd want the panthers
This is a team that hasnt been in this spot for a long time... they're going to be heavy favourites, if they lose, ill take my chances with them in week 2 with a little self doubt creeping in and feeling the pressure of expectations.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Honestly, I think it makes hardly any difference who we play in Week 2. Either the roosters or panthers we're going to be up against it, it's going to be tough, and we're going to have to play well to win.

But let's beat the Sharks first, shall we?
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

If we can beat the Sharks then the best team to play is the team that loses the game between the Panthers and Chooks. This might sound ridiculous but it will either be the Roosters who will have lost 2 weeks in a row including a massive drubbing or the Panthers who have lost their first game in months.

The Roosters mentality last weekend did not look like a team on a mission to make it 3 in a row so unless they can turn it around in a week, which I think they can, there will be serious questions asked. They have won 2 in a row so it isn't impossible to imagine that their desire isn't quite where it has been the last few years.

The Panthers have had a bit of a dream run and haven't really faced any major adversity this season. They have been riding the hype train well but who knows how they will deal with a loss, especially in a critical game. They have been the team to beat for most of the season but if they lost they are staring down the barrel of being the minor premiers and then bundled out in consecutive weeks. It could easily be panic stations for them.

If we get to this game it will be off the back of a win against a team who will do their best to grind and niggle their way to a backs against the wall win so if it comes down to it, I think we can beat either team.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Panthers haven't played a tough game for a very long time but they are slick in attack and staunch in defence so let's see what happens this week when the pressure goes on

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

Botman wrote: September 28, 2020, 9:37 am Na i'd want the panthers
This is a team that hasnt been in this spot for a long time... they're going to be heavy favourites, if they lose, ill take my chances with them in week 2 with a little self doubt creeping in and feeling the pressure of expectations.
Thing with the chooks is they lose week win, the motivation might just not be there, whilst we should be hungry to repay the favour of last one.

Whereas the panthers I agree self doubt might climb in and send them going hero ball, but honestly nathan guides the team very well, i see them just being extra motivated to not go out in straight sets.
Mercury
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Mercury »

-PJ- wrote: September 27, 2020, 1:16 pm If we win the premiership do we get drunk and run naked through the streets ?

YOUBETCHA !!
So you're planmng to 'do a Scott' sans clothes and police brutality???
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Mercury wrote:
-PJ- wrote: September 27, 2020, 1:16 pm If we win the premiership do we get drunk and run naked through the streets ?

YOUBETCHA !!
we win the comp I'll let them taser me

Edrick The Entertainer
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Panthers play a very replicable game though. They don't rely on off the cuff brilliance, even though they do have that too. So I can't see them choking. They are my favourites for the comp

I'm very gutted to have to play either them or the back to back juggernauts Roosters in week two. I'd back us against any other. I guess I'll try to see it as that if we do beat them, it's a bit of our grand final and any game after that will be easier
Mercury
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Mercury »

bonehead wrote: September 28, 2020, 4:23 pm
Mercury wrote:

YOUBETCHA !!

:roflmao I cannot disagree. I'll give up my firstborn (who does not follow NRL - major parenting failure) :shock: :? for the premiership
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

bonehead wrote: September 28, 2020, 4:23 pm
Mercury wrote:

YOUBETCHA !!

I'd taser you.
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

Honestly who ever loses between chooks and panthers wont make the gf its just teo hard of a run to do it, their game alone will be a hard game then the loser will most likely come up against us then if they can get past us then they will have the storm to come up against. It can very well be a rabbit/storm grand final but it will most likely be the winner of panthers roosters game againts the storm in the GF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jimmy82
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by jimmy82 »

More than likely Penrith/Roosters V Storm grand final. But gee wouldn’t a parra upset over the storm week 1 open it right up for us on that side, if we can get past sharks and Penrith/roosters.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

I'm more interested in talking about who we beat in the Fourth week of the finals. ;)
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

if we get to the storm in the sunshine coast / QLD we will give it to them.
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

If panthers lose, which i think they will.. it will damage their confidence. That can also put in a lot of self doubt.

To date they only travelled outside sydney 4 times. They also had an easy draw. Granted they can only play whats in front of them.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I think we're in a good spot. Whoever loses out of Panthers and Roosters is going to be pretty beaten up.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

papabear wrote:if we get to the storm in the sunshine coast / QLD we will give it to them.
God, if we get to the Storm on the Sunny Coast that will be the weekend after my wedding and I’ll be able to go!

Make it happen, John!
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

-PJ- wrote:If we win the premiership do we get drunk and run naked through the streets ?

YOUBETCHA !!
I’ve told every boss I’ve ever worked with I’ll be vanishing for a week if we ever win the premiership.
So I’m down
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: September 30, 2020, 6:20 am
-PJ- wrote:If we win the premiership do we get drunk and run naked through the streets ?

YOUBETCHA !!
I’ve told every boss I’ve ever worked with I’ll be vanishing for a week if we ever win the premiership.
So I’m down
My boss was given ample notice in the lead up to last years GF.

The msg was simple and clear " if the Raiders win the premiership on Sunday night you won't see me next week, just a heads up boss"
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Would anyone happen to know when we will play after disposing of Crudnulla ?

I believe starting week 2 they'll be a game on Fri night and game on Saturday..(no Sunday game).

First of all is that correct ?

And is there anyone with the knowledge of timeslots/dates ?

Hey boney, I'm on arvo next week 2pm-10pm and if we get Fri night I'm in a pickle..
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

-PJ- wrote: September 30, 2020, 6:42 am Would anyone happen to know when we will play after disposing of Crudnulla ?

I believe starting week 2 they'll be a game on Fri night and game on Saturday..(no Sunday game).

First of all is that correct ?

And is there anyone with the knowledge of timeslots/dates ?

Hey boney, I'm on arvo next week 2pm-10pm and if we get Fri night I'm in a pickle..
The games in Week 2 and 3 are Friday and Saturday nights, kick off 7:50pm.

https://www.nrl.com/draw/?competition=1 ... 0&round=22