Sharks 13+
No votes

Total votes: 1

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Re: 2020 Finals Week 1 V Sharks: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Has anyone figured out who the good looking Pre-Plastic Surgery Kenny Rogers looking guy is in the coaching box with Stick? He's lifted the attactive stakes in the Raiders Coaching staff.

Its not Turnington is it?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: September 30, 2020, 11:20 am Has anyone figured out who the good looking Pre-Plastic Surgery Kenny Rogers looking guy is in the coaching box with Stick? He's lifted the attactive stakes in the Raiders Coaching staff.

You might be referring to Andrew Bishop who hosted the Meninga a Medal presentation last night? NRL Wellbeing Officer.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

greeneyed wrote: September 30, 2020, 11:30 am
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: September 30, 2020, 11:20 am Has anyone figured out who the good looking Pre-Plastic Surgery Kenny Rogers looking guy is in the coaching box with Stick? He's lifted the attactive stakes in the Raiders Coaching staff.

You might be referring to Andrew Bishop who hosted the Meninga a Medal presentation last night? NRL Wellbeing Officer.
Thats the one. I like the cut of his jib. There's been a few times this year you see Ricky blow up and Andrew gives a "Jim from Office" style look to camera. He's won me over
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I've been wondering who he is too! I've just been assuming it's Ricky Stuart's dad.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

The Nickman wrote: September 30, 2020, 12:20 pm I've been wondering who he is too! I've just been assuming it's Ricky Stuart's dad.
Ricky stuarts dad is deadset ricky with some kind of snapchat age filter on him
Dont delete this GE
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders forward Ryan Sutton vows to return despite prognosis on knee

Raiders prop Ryan Sutton has vowed to overcome a knee injury and return to the field should Canberra make another grand final this season, despite being told he was facing up to eight weeks on the sideline.

"There's definitely some optimism, it's a grade two MCL. People have been back in three weeks, people are back in eight weeks, it all depends on the individual person.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280

Injured Raider has NRL grand final hope

Injured Canberra forward Ryan Sutton has declared he'll do all he can to be fit should the Raiders reach another NRL grand final.

"The physios are pretty confident that I could get back before the four week mark if I really rehab it good," said the 25-year-old, who was cut from the Canberra line-up for last year's title decider.

Read more: https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... -c-1353284
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

simo wrote: September 30, 2020, 12:23 pm
The Nickman wrote: September 30, 2020, 12:20 pm I've been wondering who he is too! I've just been assuming it's Ricky Stuart's dad.
Ricky stuarts dad is deadset ricky with some kind of snapchat age filter on him
As is ALL our dads, old friend
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

greeneyed wrote: September 30, 2020, 1:01 pm Canberra Raiders forward Ryan Sutton vows to return despite prognosis on knee

Raiders prop Ryan Sutton has vowed to overcome a knee injury and return to the field should Canberra make another grand final this season, despite being told earlier this week he was facing up to eight weeks on the sideline.

"There's definitely some optimism, it's a grade two MCL. People have been back in three weeks, people are back in eight weeks, it all depends on the individual person.

get there sutto you absolute legend!
Dont delete this GE
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Wiki Special wrote: September 30, 2020, 9:44 am
simo wrote: September 30, 2020, 8:25 am
KingDynamite wrote: September 30, 2020, 7:59 am I think Cronulla match up against us quite well. Hoping we can outclass them on the edges
The edges would be the last place im looking in this game. Unders lines back into their bigger middles is genuinely the best way to beat them.
Absolutely, we will be looking to beat them through the middle. Our starts to the sets will be huge for us also.
Our pack is our comparative advantage over not only the Sharks but pretty much every team in the competition.
Up The Milk
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

greeneyed wrote: September 30, 2020, 1:01 pm Canberra Raiders forward Ryan Sutton vows to return despite prognosis on knee

Raiders prop Ryan Sutton has vowed to overcome a knee injury and return to the field should Canberra make another grand final this season, despite being told he was facing up to eight weeks on the sideline.

Injured Raider has NRL grand final hope

Injured Canberra forward Ryan Sutton has declared he'll do all he can to be fit should the Raiders reach another NRL grand final.

"The physios are pretty confident that I could get back before the four week mark if I really rehab it good," said the 25-year-old, who was cut from the Canberra line-up for last year's title decider.

Read more: https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... -c-1353284
Ohhh...I love you Sutto, and I love that you're optimistic...but would it be more devastating to come back early for the GF and then do worse damage during that game? maybe even leaving us a man short during the GF?
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

The medico's won't clear him unless he's really ready to play. Be great if he makes it, cruel for him to miss out again this time when he really has earnt a spot in the top 17.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

Just having a closer look at the line ups for the weekend. Sharks have picked a side that will play through the middle, a big bench who will just try to barge forward all day.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

BadnMean wrote: September 30, 2020, 2:14 pm The medico's won't clear him unless he's really ready to play. Be great if he makes it, cruel for him to miss out again this time when he really has earnt a spot in the top 17.
History tells us these MCL injuries are very hard to pick how long a player is out for. See them back in a couple of weeks or a couple of months. So many variables it's a case of wait and see.

Personally I'd love it if this was still a topic in 4 weeks time. :thumbsup
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

We won't make the GF, Nickman the pandemic expert said so.
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Azza wrote: September 30, 2020, 3:01 pm We won't make the GF, Nickman the pandemic expert said so.
things are a lot clearer now that the sky has fallen azza.
Dont delete this GE
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

GAME DAY GUIDE: Phil Carey to sound the Viking Horn at elimination final: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/09 ... -v-sharks/
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Cranky Old Man wrote: September 29, 2020, 9:30 pm I don't know how much of a "last hurrah" factor Fifita can conjure up but looking at a few of his recent performances he is just a shadow of his former self (metophorically speaking only, he actually looks like he just ate a pig whole.) Injuries to his legs seem to have ruined him. His turning circle wouldn't fit inside Randwick race course.
Haha, good call.

Fifita is potentially a liability for them. Given his lack of professionalism and fitness, he is no longer physically capable of dominating a game for long periods. He's busted and angry so will do his best to injure our players in tackles, but if we work him over with numbers in both attack and defence his impact should be limited.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

greeneyed wrote: September 30, 2020, 11:30 am

He's also an ex Ainslie FC AFL player and coach who has been helping Wighton and the other lads with their kicking game.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

1. Will Kennedy
6. Connor Tracey
7. Chad Townsend
9. Blayke Brailey

If we get beaten by that spine, it'll dead set do me.

I know the Sharks had a great attacking record with Johnson at halfback, but we seriously just need to hold onto the ball and not completely throw our defensive intensity out the window to win this game.
Mariner
Peter Jackson

Post by Mariner »

edit
Last edited by Mariner on September 9, 2022, 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Yeah i thought Fafita definitely tried his hardest to hurt Sutton
Mercury
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Mercury »

Raiders666 wrote: September 30, 2020, 6:19 pm Yeah i thought Fafita definitely tried his hardest to hurt Sutton
I am concerned that when the Sharks are sinking he will turn into more of a petulant sook than normal :shock: (if possible ) and try to take out as many Raiders as he can.....
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Canberra Raiders announce Canberra Milk as new major sponsor for 2021

Post by greeneyed »

‘We can beat any team’: Raiders captain hopeful of a victory from outside the top four

Canberra Raiders captain Jarrod Croker isn’t ruling out a Premiership yet, despite his club sitting in fifth place ahead of finals.

"Obviously it would’ve been nice for us to finish in the top four. But I think last year we took a lot of confidence out of that. We know on our day we can beat any team, and we can win the competition. We can win it outside the four."

AUDIO: https://www.2gb.com/we-can-beat-any-tea ... om-behind/

Wanniassa bakery creates ultimate Green Machine bread - get your slice of the action

Wanniassa baker Quan Nguyen has his green Raiders bread back on the shelves as the team contests the finals series, but this time with a twist. This year, Mr Nguyen is also baking blocks of green Raiders bread with the names of the players on the side, so fans can pick their favourite... at Vina Bakehouse and Coffee Shop.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... ine-bread/

Tim Gavel: Five reasons why the Canberra Raiders can win the NRL premiership: https://the-riotact.com/five-reasons-wh ... hip/408073

VIDEO: Matt Elliott and Jamie Soward preview the Raiders clash with the Sharks: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/09/30/rai ... ion-final/
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

I hope we flog the absolute **** out of them. **** the sharks !!!
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

greeneyed wrote: September 30, 2020, 7:33 pm Wanniassa bakery creates ultimate Green Machine bread - get your slice of the action

Wanniassa baker Quan Nguyen has his green Raiders bread back on the shelves as the team contests the finals series, but this time with a twist. This year, Mr Nguyen is also baking blocks of green Raiders bread with the names of the players on the side, so fans can pick their favourite... at Vina Bakehouse and Coffee Shop.

The AFL can try, the Brumbies can pretend, soccer might get a little flutter of support...but this city belongs to the Raiders, and the Raiders are its heartbeat.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Mercury
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Mercury »

raiderskater wrote: September 30, 2020, 8:13 pm
greeneyed wrote: September 30, 2020, 7:33 pm Wanniassa bakery creates ultimate Green Machine bread - get your slice of the action

The AFL can try, the Brumbies can pretend, soccer might get a little flutter of support...but this city belongs to the Raiders, and the Raiders are its heartbeat.
Agreed, even though Barr is trying his best to flatline 'em......
Green bread :thumbsup
Gotta get some!!
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Seiffert82 wrote: September 30, 2020, 3:48 pm
Cranky Old Man wrote: September 29, 2020, 9:30 pm I don't know how much of a "last hurrah" factor Fifita can conjure up but looking at a few of his recent performances he is just a shadow of his former self (metophorically speaking only, he actually looks like he just ate a pig whole.) Injuries to his legs seem to have ruined him. His turning circle wouldn't fit inside Randwick race course.
Haha, good call.

Fifita is potentially a liability for them. Given his lack of professionalism and fitness, he is no longer physically capable of dominating a game for long periods. He's busted and angry so will do his best to injure our players in tackles, but if we work him over with numbers in both attack and defence his impact should be limited.
I just hope we lock up the ball when tackling him. He got some easy offloads away last week. I know the next game will see our much more experienced players up against him and others. I again want to see committed numbers in tackles to drive them backwards and lock up the ball. We need our finals face on for the next four weeks.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Can I just remind everyone going on Saturday GIO is a bag free venue.

If you haven't been to a covid safe GIO game read and re-read the guidelines on the game day guide on the website.

I am predicting there will be many people walking back and forth from their car or hiding bags in the bushes if they caught the bus/uber/taxi
Vaccinated
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

RedRaider wrote: September 30, 2020, 8:33 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: September 30, 2020, 3:48 pm
Haha, good call.

I just hope we lock up the ball when tackling him. He got some easy offloads away last week. I know the next game will see our much more experienced players up against him and others. I again want to see committed numbers in tackles to drive them backwards and lock up the ball. We need our finals face on for the next four weeks.
Fair point. We can be susceptible to giving away offloads, irrespective of who is playing. Hopefully our first string pack does a job on him, and Lui can cash in on some loose carries.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Loving the guy at the tiny Wanniassa bakery and his green Raiders bread. Raiders making the finals probably keeps him in business. Image
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Seiffert82 wrote: September 30, 2020, 4:09 pm 1. Will Kennedy
6. Connor Tracey
7. Chad Townsend
9. Blayke Brailey

If we get beaten by that spine, it'll dead set do me.

I know the Sharks had a great attacking record with Johnson at halfback, but we seriously just need to hold onto the ball and not completely throw our defensive intensity out the window to win this game.
Tend to agree. Conservative and boring could be the best strategy. A win is all that matters. Value possession and we should come out on top.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
christoraider
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by christoraider »

BJ wrote:Loving the guy at the tiny Wanniassa bakery and his green Raiders bread. Raiders making the finals probably keeps him in business. Image
My local , great guy , try the pork rolls there, best I’ve ever had !!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Get back the Ten
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: John Bateman

Post by Get back the Ten »

The Sharks won’t be easy losing Sutton is a blow
The forwards led by Papalii will dominate the Sharks pack
Fifita looks dangerous at times but I am confident that the Raiders coming off a week off will aim up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

We will smash them.
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

I can't wait for the game on Saturday. This year has been tough for most of us, and rugby league has given me something to look forward to

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk