Sharks 13+
7%

Total votes: 15

Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Re: 2020 Rd 20 V Sharks: Game Day

Post by Elcaptcroker »

I really think this game was all on sam, ricky on fox sports at the half time of the panthers game was talking sammy up on how he gets in and runs the opp sessions like a proper game and examines the play makers and threats of the other teams and gets his reserve team to try and replicate it as much as he can, which is why that reserve team jelled so well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

that's pretty cool, he'll make an excellent assistant coach

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Elcaptcroker
David Grant

Post by Elcaptcroker »

bonehead wrote:that's pretty cool, he'll make an excellent assistant coach

Ricky was saying that hes taken it on him self to act as an assistant coach to help with the reserve boys

Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

Captain coach Sam Williams leading the baby Raiders to a win over a top eight side. What a story!
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

zim wrote: September 29, 2020, 10:28 am After re-watching the game HSS was great. He was the pick of the 3 in this game.
Doesn't have the physicality of Timoko or Valemei but is very smart and just looks a natural footballer. He wasn't just getting into place for the drop out he was urgent so he read the play. His defense was fine until he started to have problems closing his hand due to the thumb injury and even then nothing negative came from his misses. The stats don't tell the story. He looks like he's always talking and communicating in defense.
I agree about the stats, the thing that impresses me about HSS is every time the ball comes near him or he gets the football, and granted this is such a small sample size... but he just does the right thing. He reads the play really well defensively and has good technique, with the ball in hand he just seems to know given the space and time whether to run, pass, take it outside or straighten up.

He plays like a 200 game veteran and he's got about 100 minutes to his name
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Elcaptcroker wrote: September 29, 2020, 1:58 pm

Ricky was saying that hes taken it on him self to act as an assistant coach to help with the reserve boys

Yeah, I reckon he's set himself up for a nice future there once he retires.

I reckon he'd be great in the role.

Man we missed out on seeing some great footy from the Mounties this season. Cook, Oldfield, Timoko, HSS, Valemei, Frawley, Williams is a hell of a reserve grade backline.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Teams should be dropping any second now
Elcaptcroker
David Grant

Post by Elcaptcroker »

Seiffert82 wrote:
Elcaptcroker wrote: September 29, 2020, 1:58 pm

Yeah, I reckon he's set himself up for a nice future there once he retires.

I reckon he'd be great in the role.

Man we missed out on seeing some great footy from the Mounties this season. Cook, Oldfield, Timoko, HSS, Valemei, Frawley, Williams is a hell of a reserve grade backline.
I mentioned it in another thread a while back, hes got the team first mentality with a very good football smarts just didnt quite have the talent to be top notch and was/is a very hard worker. Ricky was also saying sammy would sit there and watch footage of the team their coming up against and anaylis it for him. How many current players would be doing that for the coach with out questioning it?

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Watched the game again last night properly rather than wandering past the TV and buffering/reconnecting kayo and chromecast on dodgy caravan park wifi.
Adam Cook obviously not a standout game but I did like a lot of what I saw from him, nice passing game and positionally in attack he was pretty good, I think with a season in nsw cup and some fill in games of NRL he could just be something.
Kai O'Donnell again showed i think the modern game is geared for a guy of his skillset, mobile at a handy size.
Darby Medlyn was excellent at finding his front and good play the ball speed, didn't see him do much wrong.

I can see a bright future with these fellas coming in behind the guys like Sia and Dunamis in the back end of their careers.

To quote a GH classic, full preseason under their belt we'll see where they start to shuffle out.

It's a long time since we had as long of a list of rookie prospects like these then the next crop behind them look special as well

Edrick The Entertainer