Sharks 13+
7%

Total votes: 15

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Re: 2020 Rd 20 V Sharks: Game Day

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Neeeegz wrote:Well this game proved we don't really need to sign anyone, we have a great bunch of juniors coming through right now.
Timoko, Harley, Semi, menchin, cook, all will improve with more first grade.
Happy days
Yeah I was happy with what I saw of HSS. Potential to grow to a Cotric style physique
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Northern Raider wrote:Let's keep things in perspective. Sharks were horrible. Still like what guys like HSS and Timoko showed.
Good idea. Let's keep things in perspective. We rested nine key players and had a team full of rookies and showed a lot of skill and a lot of heart. Fantastic win.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

1992 wrote:Has any team been stripped more in a game?
Depends if you’re talking about the ball or Fatfita on HSS
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Superb victory.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Horace Dove-Edwin wrote: September 26, 2020, 8:03 pm If we need a forward to drop off the bench I think it should be CHN. Perfect opportunity to lead and shine today.
Didn't happen.

The Sutton injury might keep him in there but it also gives an opening for a reserve back.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
I didnt like what i saw from a fatigued chn. Hudson young streets ahead in terms of digging deep and putting in when the drums start beating
Dont delete this GE
GreenGuy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by GreenGuy »

Future centres were good to watch.

For all the guys that have had to train without playing this year to do that is Ricky Stuart. It's respect and culture and its the current standard.
irvste
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by irvste »

That was awesome and probably the best full game to watch on replay without being frustrated for half of it.. That was fun to watch everything I'd hoped for

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: September 26, 2020, 8:14 pm
Neeeegz wrote:Well this game proved we don't really need to sign anyone, we have a great bunch of juniors coming through right now.
Timoko, Harley, Semi, menchin, cook, all will improve with more first grade.
Happy days
Yeah I was happy with what I saw of HSS. Potential to grow to a Cotric style physique
When HSS lost shirt I'm pretty sure I saw MrsPJ lick her lips..

He's chiseled enough.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Remember guys corey has not done a raiders style pre season, he did a bulldogs one.

He can't be expected to be as fit, but come next season he will be
Vaccinated
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

irvste wrote: September 26, 2020, 8:25 pm That was awesome and probably the best full game to watch on replay without being frustrated for half of it.. That was fun to watch everything I'd hoped for ImageImageImageImage

Are you kidding ?

I was a wreck watching that.

We were obviously the dominate side but kept screwing up.

Bryson Goodwin scored a try..THAT IS NEVER ON.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Raider Azz wrote: September 26, 2020, 8:14 pm
Northern Raider wrote:Let's keep things in perspective. Sharks were horrible. Still like what guys like HSS and Timoko showed.
Good idea. Let's keep things in perspective. We rested nine key players and had a team full of rookies and showed a lot of skill and a lot of heart. Fantastic win.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
Yes I'm aware of that. I was responding to suggestions we don't need to recruit based on that performance.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
irvste
Sam Backo

Post by irvste »

-PJ- wrote:
irvste wrote: September 26, 2020, 8:25 pm That was awesome and probably the best full game to watch on replay without being frustrated for half of it.. That was fun to watch everything I'd hoped for ImageImageImageImage

Are you kidding ?

Nupe that was great maybe u had expectations i had none so that was fantastic to have such a young team win.. It could also be how many drinks I've had during ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

simo wrote: September 26, 2020, 8:22 pm
Horace Dove-Edwin wrote: September 26, 2020, 8:03 pm If we need a forward to drop off the bench I think it should be CHN. Perfect opportunity to lead and shine today.
Didn't happen.

The Sutton injury might keep him in there but it also gives an opening for a reserve back.

I didnt like what i saw from a fatigued chn. Hudson young streets ahead in terms of digging deep and putting in when the drums start beating
CHN was poor - probably our worst - but Young wasn't much better. Kept getting baited into conceding repeat sets at horrible times, got the ball stolen off him at a crucial moment, and made little to no impact at the line.

Should Sutton be out they'll both survive, but they need to be a lot better than that.
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki

Post by Pete Cash »

We have a good pack of outside backs here.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

irvste wrote: September 26, 2020, 8:32 pm
-PJ- wrote:

Are you kidding ?

Nupe that was great maybe u had expectations i had none so that was fantastic to have such a young team win.. It could also be how many drinks I've had during ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

All beer does is gives you a wide screen tv.
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Parra won't lose this.. Sharks again
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

afgtnk wrote:
Didn't happen.

CHN was poor - probably our worst - but Young wasn't much better. Kept getting baited into conceding repeat sets at horrible times, got the ball stolen off him at a crucial moment, and made little to no impact at the line.

Should Sutton be out they'll both survive, but they need to be a lot better than that.
Yep, I’m with you afgtnk. Those two concern me a lot in defence running into finals.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

So do we use the same threads for the Sharks. Good to recycle for the environment and all that...
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

gangrenous wrote:So do we use the same threads for the Sharks. Good to recycle for the environment and all that...
Can we recycle the score?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

afgtnk wrote: September 26, 2020, 8:34 pm
Didn't happen.

Yep, i thought they were both our worst tonight. Not what you want from somewhat seasoned played in this squad in this game
Shown up big time by their peers

I think both have reasons. CHN hasnt seen these minutes for over a year, he was cooked by the end of it and whilst his defense is going to need work, it's not usually this bad. He will be better with minutes and with a proper off season next year. Young... its beyond clear now, not an edge. Really good middle but not an edge. HIs errors and penalties were really disappointing
Last edited by Botman on September 26, 2020, 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

gangrenous wrote: September 26, 2020, 8:38 pm
afgtnk wrote:
Didn't happen.

Yep, I’m with you afgtnk. Those two concern me a lot in defence running into finals.
I expect we won't be seeing both filling those edge roles at the same time come finals. Less chance of getting exposed defensively in the middle.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Dr Greenthumb
David Grant
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Dr Greenthumb »

CHN has gone from playing 20 mins off the bench, up to 30 last week and then straight up to 75 mins tonight. Was also asked to play some time on an edge when he’s playing at prop weight atm. Think we should cut him some slack.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Dr Greenthumb wrote: September 26, 2020, 8:49 pm CHN has gone from playing 20 mins off the bench, up to 30 last week and then straight up to 75 mins tonight. Was also asked to play some time on an edge when he’s playing at prop weight atm. Think we should cut him some slack.
agreed, he was as cooked as anyone.
But his defense is not going to be his strength, it'll be something we hope improves with better match fitness and time in the off season. But he's going to concede tries over the year.
irvste
Sam Backo

Post by irvste »

-PJ- wrote:
irvste wrote: September 26, 2020, 8:32 pm
-PJ- wrote:

Are you kidding ?

All beer does is gives you a wide screen tv.
U say that like it's a bad thing ImageImage regardless we won amd should be happy to do so Image

Dr Greenthumb
David Grant
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Dr Greenthumb »

Botman wrote: September 26, 2020, 8:51 pm
Dr Greenthumb wrote: September 26, 2020, 8:49 pm CHN has gone from playing 20 mins off the bench, up to 30 last week and then straight up to 75 mins tonight. Was also asked to play some time on an edge when he’s playing at prop weight atm. Think we should cut him some slack.
agreed, he was as cooked as anyone.
But his defense is not going to be his strength, it'll be something we hope improves with better match fitness and time in the off season. But he's going to concede tries over the year.
True - he did have issues with D at Penrith and the Dogs.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Tigers would be in the lead bar their crappy goal kicking
irvste
Sam Backo

Post by irvste »

As much as benji beat us so many times I'm sad to see him out regardless of the result.. Go tigers.. one of those opposition players I've always had time for

afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Botman wrote: September 26, 2020, 8:43 pm
afgtnk wrote: September 26, 2020, 8:34 pm
Didn't happen.

Yep, i thought they were both our worst tonight. Not what you want from somewhat seasoned played in this squad in this game
Shown up big time by their peers

I think both have reasons. CHN hasnt seen these minutes for over a year, he was cooked by the end of it and whilst his defense is going to need work, it's not usually this bad. He will be better with minutes and with a proper off season next year. Young... its beyond clear now, not an edge. Really good middle but not an edge. HIs errors and penalties were really disappointing
Agree.

Also think that Sia settled a debate and proved a big point tonight. Nearly three months out and comes back without skipping a beat. That should tell people all they need to know of his inherent quality and value to us.
Mariner
Peter Jackson

Post by Mariner »

edit
Last edited by Mariner on September 9, 2022, 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Wow tigs
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Benji injured his knee and gone for match early in first half. But West Tigers have just hit the lead over the Eels 22-16
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

West Tigers lead now 24-16
irvste
Sam Backo

Post by irvste »

How does ricky look if we come 4th with rested players

Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

irvste wrote:How does ricky look if we come 4th with rested players

Good, very good.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Listening to the press conference tonight I don't think Ricky gave us any chance of finishing 4th... But the tigers are currently up :shock: