greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2021 Memberships

Post by greeneyed »

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The quality is fairly good. Can't say I like the stripes down the bill of the cap, but that's just personal taste. The major jarring thing is the colour of the toiletries bag... it is not the navy blue advertised. It's a very weird shade of blue. The mouse isn't the one advertised either. I'll never use it by the looks. It is a wireless mouse with no compatible wireless receiver supplied. I'm not going to go to the trouble of finding/buying one, when I've got a mouse that works with the wireless receiver I have. This one doesn't. The ultimate in a useless gift. The thermos flask was advertised with green writing... and I see some people on our Facebook group unhappy with that... but I think it looks better with white writing myself.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

You are never going to keep 100% of the people happy 100% of the time.
Vaccinated
Humphrey B Flaubert
David Grant

Post by Humphrey B Flaubert »

Only one of mine has appeared today, which is my partners one. I guess they aren't sending them all together like last year, but no email on mine or my 2 kids ones. Not surprised the mouse in the C82 pack is not quite as advertised. GE - the wireless USB thingo for the mouse should be in the cardboard box (bottom left corner). The box on the one I unpacked today was pretty beat up though.
Speed limits are just suggestions....Like pants!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Humphrey B Flaubert wrote: January 18, 2021, 4:48 pm Only one of mine has appeared today, which is my partners one. I guess they aren't sending them all together like last year, but no email on mine or my 2 kids ones. Not surprised the mouse in the C82 pack is not quite as advertised. GE - the wireless USB thingo for the mouse should be in the cardboard box (bottom left corner). The box on the one I unpacked today was pretty beat up though.
There was nothing extra in mine. :|
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Raiders Members Day Saturday 6 February at West Belconnen. Restricted to 500 people due to COVID restrictions.

No cost but need to reserve a place.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Bay53 wrote: January 22, 2021, 4:06 pm Raiders Members Day Saturday 6 February at West Belconnen. Restricted to 500 people due to COVID restrictions.

Already reserved for me.

Trying to figure out what's going on with the towel in the fancy blue faux-leather pouch. But I like that the main part of the cap is green again. I hated the navy one.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

raiderskater wrote:
Bay53 wrote: January 22, 2021, 4:06 pm Raiders Members Day Saturday 6 February at West Belconnen. Restricted to 500 people due to COVID restrictions.

Already reserved for me.

Trying to figure out what's going on with the towel in the fancy blue faux-leather pouch. But I like that the main part of the cap is green again. I hated the navy one.
The strangest thing with the towel is the zipper. Who puts a zipper in a towel?

I do like something different to another scarf though. A beanie would be fantastic one year.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

It's work out towel so your keys/phone go in the zipper section 😇
Vaccinated
greeneyed
Don Furner

2021 Memberships

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders memberships break 15,000 barrier for 2021 season

Canberra Raiders memberships for 2021 have broken through the 15,000 mark, now standing at 15,501. That number is slightly down on the 15,632 members that had signed up at the end of January in 2020. The Raiders signed up 19,039 members in 2020 and were on track to again hit more than 20,000 for a third year in a row, before the pandemic struck.

Despite the uncertainty that continues due to COVID, the Raiders members have stuck solid, with many people rolling over their 2020 memberships into 2021 - rather than seek refunds when offered last year.

There are relatively few clubs which have released membership numbers, but at this stage, the Raiders are trailing the Eels, Rabbitohs and Knights.

2021 memberships

Eels 28,091
Rabbitohs 27,961
Knights 16,313
Raiders 15,501
Tigers 14,427
Roosters 13,726
Dragons 11,232
Sea Eagles 9,665
Warriors 6,491

Become a Raiders member: https://www.raiders.com.au/membership/

Raiders membership packages: https://www.raiders.com.au/membership/packages/

A report for The Greenhouse
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

gergreg wrote: January 22, 2021, 7:37 pm
raiderskater wrote:

Already reserved for me.

The strangest thing with the towel is the zipper. Who puts a zipper in a towel?

I do like something different to another scarf though. A beanie would be fantastic one year.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
I have actually found tis year's towel kinda helpful.

As cat said, it's to use in the gym to keep your keys and wallet together etc. I've use it quite a few times already this year.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

The towel was great for me too. Using old undies as a gym towel was getting some looks.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Looks of envy?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Nothing stokes the embers of jealousy like a worn out pair of these bad boys:

yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

Got my membership pack. The seam on the cap aligns and the towel might come in handy. I didn't get a sticker, but I'm not going to fuss about it — Raiders memberships section can just replace it with one that says "Canberra Raiders 2021 Premiers" and I'll be happy.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
yurithe1
David Furner

Post by yurithe1 »

Watching the Raiders memberships ads during half time in the Reserve Grade trial at Seiffert and I heartily approve.

Hope this encourages people to sign up themselves and their kids.

yurithe1
David Furner

Post by yurithe1 »

I'm probably jumping the gun here, but there's a report that the Warriors are looking to entice teams to play their home games in NZ. Their owner is quoted as saying, "“For example, instead of playing the likes of the Raiders in Canberra, I’d buy that game off them and bring them to Wellington or Christchurch."

The Raiders are committed to playing one more home game in Wagga in April this year. A membership does not get you into the ground for that game. So, if that's the case, fans would potentially be paying for a full season, but getting one less game yet again.

I can see the tempatation for Raiders management. Once you deduct travel and accommodation from the $250K on offer, that's still a good bank.

However, I have to wonder how many former season ticket holders have downgraded their memberships because of the loss of a game.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/warrio ... 578cx.html

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I'd absolutely back the warriors to play all their games wherever they like in 2022 if they've just sacrificed 2 years of their lives to allowing the nrl to run.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

Agreed!
yurithe1
David Furner

Post by yurithe1 »

Now, here's something to make a full season's membership more tasty –- six NSW Cup curtain raisers at GIO Stadium for rounds 1, 3*, 6, 14, 18 and 21.

PLUS

Three games at Raiders Belconnen (Kippax) rounds 4, 8 and 20 as well, but I'd guess you'll have to pay to see those ones. The round 4 game is the day after my birthday against the Blue Bags. So, I might head on over to see that one.

I've been wanting see a curtain raiser again for years. :D

* versus Mounties.

Full draw with times:

Rd 1 Canberra Raiders v Western Suburbs Magpies, Sunday 14 March, 1:50pm, Canberra Stadium
Rd 2 Parramatta Eels v Canberra Raiders, Saturday 20 March, 5:30pm, Cabramatta
Rd 3 Canberra Raiders v Mounties, Saturday 27 March, 1:00pm, Canberra Stadium, Fox League
Rd 4 Canberra Raiders v Newtown Jets, Saturday 3 April, 4:00pm, Raiders Belconnen
Rd 5 Penrith Panthers v Canberra Raiders, Friday 9 April, 5:30pm, Panthers Stadium
Rd 6 Canberra Raiders v Parramatta Eels, Saturday 17 April, 5:20pm, Canberra Stadium
Rd 7 BYE
Rd 8 Canberra Raiders v South Sydney Rabbitohs, Saturday 1 May, 4:00pm, Raiders Belconnen
Rd 9 Canberra Raiders v Newcastle Knights, Saturday 8 May, 12:40pm, Wagga*, Fox League
Rd 10 BYE
Rd 11 Western Suburbs Magpies v Canberra Raiders, Saturday 22 May, 3:00pm, Lidcombe Oval
Rd 12 North Sydney Bears v Canberra Raiders, Sunday 30 May, 2:00pm, North Sydney Oval
Rd 13 Newtown Jets v Canberra Raiders, Saturday 5 June, 3:00pm, Henson Park
Rd 14 Canberra Raiders v Blacktown Sea Eagles, Saturday 12 June, 5:20pm, Canberra Stadium
Rd 15 St George Illawarra Dragons v Canberra Raiders, Saturday 19 June, 3:05pm, Wollongong Stadium
Rd 16 BYE
Rd 17 Mounties v Canberra Raiders, Saturday 10 July, 5:05pm, Western Sydney Stadium, Fox League
Rd 18 Canberra Raiders v Penrith Panthers, Saturday 17 July, 12:40pm, Canberra Stadium, Fox League
Rd 19 BYE
Rd 20 Canberra Raiders v North Sydney Bears, Saturday 31 July, 3:00pm, Raiders Belconnen
Rd 21 Canberra Raiders v St George Illawarra Dragons, Friday 6 August, 3:45pm, Canberra Stadium
Rd 22 Blacktown Sea Eagles v Canberra Raiders, Saturday 14 August, 5:35pm, Brookvale Oval
Rd 23 South Sydney Rabbitohs v Canberra Raiders, Saturday 21 August, 2:00pm, Redfern Oval
Rd 24 Newcastle Knights v Canberra Raiders, Friday 27 August, TBA

cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

bonehead wrote: March 8, 2021, 6:54 am I'd absolutely back the warriors to play all their games wherever they like in 2022 if they've just sacrificed 2 years of their lives to allowing the nrl to run.

I understand the feel good story and the fact by the looks of things they will be based here again all of this season ( not convinced the 2 way bubble will happen)

But i wouldn't agree to it based on the legitimacy of the comp
Would you feel the same if it was the storm relocating for 2 years?
Vaccinated
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

cat wrote:
bonehead wrote: March 8, 2021, 6:54 am I'd absolutely back the warriors to play all their games wherever they like in 2022 if they've just sacrificed 2 years of their lives to allowing the nrl to run.

I understand the feel good story and the fact by the looks of things they will be based here again all of this season ( not convinced the 2 way bubble will happen)

yes, let it sink in. 2 full years away from their homes, families, schools, friends. Not 1 home game and you don't think the other teams should give up 1 home game in return?

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I wouldn't support it myself. This will probably be an unpopular comment... but here goes.

Plenty of people move countries for work for much longer periods than the Warriors have relocated. It was certainly difficult for the Warriors last year, given the lack of notice, and the fact that immediate families were left in New Zealand. But the Storm also moved to Queensland to enable the season to continue... though they were fortunate that immediate families could also move to the Sunshine Coast. No one is going on about the sacrifices the Storm made...

A lot of people make bigger sacrifices than moving for 20 odd weeks (as in 2020) for their job... and they're also separated from immediate families. These are extremely well paid jobs... and the NRL located the players concerned in resorts in coastal towns many Australians would love to move to, if they could afford it. NRL players are cossetted and many in the real world have it a lot tougher... and certainly last year.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Doesn't phase me in the slightest

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

bonehead wrote: March 8, 2021, 5:09 pm
cat wrote:

yes, let it sink in. 2 full years away from their homes, families, schools, friends. Not 1 home game and you don't think the other teams should give up 1 home game in return?

Not 2 full years away, and families have come this year including children being enrolled in the local school.

Storm also were away for most of the season AND are the team most likely to need to relocate again if Melbourne lock down again.

It's not just each team giving away 1 home game, clubs have contracts with grounds to fullfill, fans want to see their team, sponsors want their products advertised etc

It also effects the integrity of the competition, if the storm have to relocate again are you happy for them to play all games in Melbourne next season?

I'm all for helping the warriors, but not this way.
Vaccinated
yurithe1
David Furner

Post by yurithe1 »

cat wrote: March 8, 2021, 9:06 pm
bonehead wrote: March 8, 2021, 5:09 pm
cat wrote:

Not 2 full years away, and families have come this year including children being enrolled in the local school.

Storm also were away for most of the season AND are the team most likely to need to relocate again if Melbourne lock down again.

It's not just each team giving away 1 home game, clubs have contracts with grounds to fullfill, fans want to see their team, sponsors want their products advertised etc

It also effects the integrity of the competition, if the storm have to relocate again are you happy for them to play all games in Melbourne next season?

I'm all for helping the warriors, but not this way.
As you say, and IIRC, playing home games in Wagga costs the Raiders $100,000 because it's a breach of their lease agreement with the ACT Government. So, there's a chunk of the $250,000 the Warriors are willing to pay gone. Since my original post, it's become unclear whether the NRL or the Warriors would pay travel and accommodation fees.

Anyway, apart from that, local companies providing catering and their employees miss out as do those companies' suppliers. So does the security company and its employees. It's a ripple effect.

Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

The reason you would play more Warriors games in New Zealand in 2022 is not for the players or their families. It would be for the fans and to promote the sport.

There is a real possibility that there will be a full two seasons without any top grade Rugby League in New Zealand. Rugby League is already a sport that is dwarfed by Union in NZ so if they go 2 years without any games, whilst Rugby Union has largely continued, there is a real challenge to again make it relevant.

Rugby League as a sport has only 27 fully professional teams (perhaps a couple more in England due to their relegation system) and 25 of those are in two countries. Having a presence in New Zealand is important for the sport. You can't be what you can't see.

One potential way of promoting the sport is to have more events there once borders open and to potentially promote the game in places other than Auckland. I personally don't want to see the Raiders lose any home games, but I can fully understand why there will be consideration to do more in NZ once borders are back open.
MrMilk
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Terry Campese

Post by MrMilk »

Random question - I'm trying to book 4 x GA tickets for my friends and I. I have a 3 game membership and so does one of my friends. I want to use all 3 of my membership tickets and then book the 4th on my friend's membership.

The Raiders website says we can redeem tickets from more than one membership but the Ticketek website isn't allowing me to enter more than one membership code.

Has anyone been able to do this so far?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

MrMilk wrote: April 13, 2021, 9:43 pm Random question - I'm trying to book 4 x GA tickets for my friends and I. I have a 3 game membership and so does one of my friends. I want to use all 3 of my membership tickets and then book the 4th on my friend's membership.

The Raiders website says we can redeem tickets from more than one membership but the Ticketek website isn't allowing me to enter more than one membership code.

MrMilk... best to email the club at membership@raiders.com.au or ring the membership team.
MrMilk
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Terry Campese

Post by MrMilk »

greeneyed wrote: April 13, 2021, 10:12 pm
MrMilk wrote: April 13, 2021, 9:43 pm Random question - I'm trying to book 4 x GA tickets for my friends and I. I have a 3 game membership and so does one of my friends. I want to use all 3 of my membership tickets and then book the 4th on my friend's membership.

MrMilk... best to email the club at membership@raiders.com.au or ring the membership team.
WIll do - thanks!
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

greeneyed wrote: March 8, 2021, 5:20 pm I wouldn't support it myself. This will probably be an unpopular comment... but here goes.

Plenty of people move countries for work for much longer periods than the Warriors have relocated. It was certainly difficult for the Warriors last year, given the lack of notice, and the fact that immediate families were left in New Zealand. But the Storm also moved to Queensland to enable the season to continue... though they were fortunate that immediate families could also move to the Sunshine Coast. No one is going on about the sacrifices the Storm made...

A lot of people make bigger sacrifices than moving for 20 odd weeks (as in 2020) for their job... and they're also separated from immediate families. These are extremely well paid jobs... and the NRL located the players concerned in resorts in coastal towns many Australians would love to move to, if they could afford it. NRL players are cossetted and many in the real world have it a lot tougher... and certainly last year.
Plenty of people move country for work, but they know that's what they're signing up for. No Warriors player had any idea they'd be spending two years in Australia when they signed their deals pre-2020.

I'm the last person you'd consider a Warriors fan, but I think it's really poor form to push back on this than any other reason that cost efficiency. It doesn't need to be every away game, even 6 out of their 12 away games being taken around NZ would be a great gesture.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: April 14, 2021, 12:13 am
greeneyed wrote: March 8, 2021, 5:20 pm I wouldn't support it myself. This will probably be an unpopular comment... but here goes.

Plenty of people move country for work, but they know that's what they're signing up for. No Warriors player had any idea they'd be spending two years in Australia when they signed their deals pre-2020.

I'm the last person you'd consider a Warriors fan, but I think it's really poor form to push back on this than any other reason that cost efficiency. It doesn't need to be every away game, even 6 out of their 12 away games being taken around NZ would be a great gesture.
I don’t agree. I have had to relocate for my job and I didn’t have much warning. That’s not unusual for for many workers. I spent years away from home. I could choose not to... but it initially was an offer I couldn’t really refuse. The fact that these rugby league players and clubs are carrying on... while they’re paid well in excess of most people... have had families relocated now... shows how far they are removed from reality.

Living in a resort on the Central Coast is not a hardship post.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

greeneyed wrote: April 14, 2021, 12:28 am

I don’t agree. I have had to relocate for my job and I didn’t have much warning. That’s not unusual for for many workers. I spent years away from home. I could choose not to... but it initially was an offer I couldn’t really refuse. The fact that these rugby league players and clubs are carrying on... while they’re paid well in excess of most people... have had families relocated now... shows how far they are removed from reality.

Yup, but only one club has been placed a significant distance away from their friends and extended family for an ongoing amount of time. They haven't been able to play a real home game in 18 months now.

I can just imagine how you'd be responding to this if Canberra had been relocated to Perth for the past couple of seasons while the rest of the clubs are largely BAU.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: April 14, 2021, 1:07 am
greeneyed wrote: April 14, 2021, 12:28 am

Yup, but only one club has been placed a significant distance away from their friends and extended family for an ongoing amount of time. They haven't been able to play a real home game in 18 months now.

I can just imagine how you'd be responding to this if Canberra had been relocated to Perth for the past couple of seasons while the rest of the clubs are largely BAU.
I can tell you personally how it felt. I was relocated to the other side of the world for an extended period. I was paid a lot less than the players concerned on average to do so. No one was complaining on my behalf. I took it to be a new experience, a new opportunity. Maybe they could try that.