All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Re: Canberra Raiders announce Canberra Milk as new major sponsor for 2021

Post by Raider Azz »

Robert the Bruce wrote: March 2, 2021, 4:00 pm
julian87 wrote: March 2, 2021, 11:22 am
Robert the Bruce wrote: February 28, 2021, 6:13 pm It's abhorrent, that's no understatement. The fact that it is so polarising is reason enough to get rid of it. Green jersey, blue/gold/white arm bands, that is our jersey.
Agree with this.

It's not a disgusting jersey as such. But I can't get around a navy jersey scheme. It's essentially a Cowboys jersey with the white replaced by lime green. The white, yellow and blue replaced by a sky blue strip in between green and navy is pretty ordinary too IMO.
I'm worried about the bigger picture on this..2020 they roll out the new updated "rebrand" but keep the classic jersey the same, during that year everything else is updated with the new colour scheme that "will bring our brand into the future", then bang, the last thing they do, the most noticeable, is our home jersey and as I said, it's completely polarising, which isn't good. But praise the Footy Gods for CBR Milk coming back on board and showing an unbelievable appetite for the 'heritage' jersey.
This is a massive overreaction. Plus, the jersey really isn't that bad. The planet won't explode if we wear a slightly different jersey to what traditionally we wear. This isn't even the first time in our history we've worn a slightly different jersey. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I think you'll find the heritgae jersey will get worn the most this year anyway.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

gergreg wrote: February 28, 2021, 12:21 pm
greeneyed wrote:The jersey is still predominantly lime green. Blue is one of the club colours... I don't think that breaches the culture, values and traditions of the club. I'd say bottle green and black with fluro breaches tradition etc... but not this one.
It isn't even the traditional blue tone for this club. I'm not a fan. If its our 'Away' jersey meh I wouldn't care, but our home jersey should be the bold and beautiful green.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
I am with you gergerg. It is not a bad jersey as such but I just don’t think it is us.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Raider Azz wrote: March 3, 2021, 8:16 am
Robert the Bruce wrote: February 28, 2021, 6:13 pm It's abhorrent, that's no understatement. The fact that it is so polarising is reason enough to get rid of it. Green jersey, blue/gold/white arm bands, that is our jersey.
Agree with this.

It's not a disgusting jersey as such. But I can't get around a navy jersey scheme. It's essentially a Cowboys jersey with the white replaced by lime green. The white, yellow and blue replaced by a sky blue strip in between green and navy is pretty ordinary too IMO.
I'm worried about the bigger picture on this..2020 they roll out the new updated "rebrand" but keep the classic jersey the same, during that year everything else is updated with the new colour scheme that "will bring our brand into the future", then bang, the last thing they do, the most noticeable, is our home jersey and as I said, it's completely polarising, which isn't good. But praise the Footy Gods for CBR Milk coming back on board and showing an unbelievable appetite for the 'heritage' jersey.
This is a massive overreaction. Plus, the jersey really isn't that bad. The planet won't explode if we wear a slightly different jersey to what traditionally we wear. This isn't even the first time in our history we've worn a slightly different jersey. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I think you'll find the heritgae jersey will get worn the most this year anyway.
I bet you a bottle of Canberra milk that we wear the home jersey more than the heritage jersey this season.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Bay53 wrote:
Agree with this.

I bet you a bottle of Canberra milk that we wear the home jersey more than the heritage jersey this season.
make it Raiders Lime and you're on.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Raider Azz wrote: March 3, 2021, 10:26 pm
Bay53 wrote:

Agree with this.

make it Raiders Lime and you're on.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
If the Raiders Lime is the same as previous, I reckon it is bloody horrible but you are on.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

I suspect one of the main reasons Canberra Milk stepped up their sponsorship this season is to get their new(ish) branding out there. For that reason I think we will wear the home jersey for most of the home games and the heritage jersey for many away games.

Could be entirely wrong though. Either way, the Milk are getting a bit of love and attention with this sponsorship.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Wearing the heritage jersey in the NRL teams photo

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

rolhai
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom

Post by rolhai »

-TW- wrote:Wearing the heritage jersey in the NRL teams photo

Why does Hunt look like the only one who doesn't want to be there?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

1985/86: The last time we missed consecutive finals series.....Until STICKY
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Probably knows they're running last

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Yeah..gets the captaincy, wins a spoon.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Yeah they're also wearing the heritage jersey in all the promotional footage for Channel 9 and Fox Sports. Which is part of the reason I think we will see it worn the most this year.

I look forward to my Raiders Lime Bay53. By my count I'm already 3-1 up - they did wear the home jersey for the single trial game which I will give you.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

rolhai wrote: March 4, 2021, 4:05 pm
-TW- wrote:Wearing the heritage jersey in the NRL teams photo

Why does Hunt look like the only one who doesn't want to be there?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
Because he just looked over his right shoulder at Gutho's shorts.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Guthos keen on the season by the looks

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Hahaha that’s absolutely ludicrous, the NRL will be furious once they discover that!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

They do call him King..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

King Gutho has a **** hose
Long may he reign
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Raider Azz wrote: March 5, 2021, 11:43 am Yeah they're also wearing the heritage jersey in all the promotional footage for Channel 9 and Fox Sports. Which is part of the reason I think we will see it worn the most this year.

I look forward to my Raiders Lime Bay53. By my count I'm already 3-1 up - they did wear the home jersey for the single trial game which I will give you.
Promotional appearances don’t count. Games only.

I am 1-0 at the moment but happy not to count it as it is a trial.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Gutho playing hide the Team Mascot.... not very well.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Why is Gutho pointing at Jamaal Fogarty
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Seiffert82 wrote: March 4, 2021, 10:18 am I suspect one of the main reasons Canberra Milk stepped up their sponsorship this season is to get their new(ish) branding out there. For that reason I think we will wear the home jersey for most of the home games and the heritage jersey for many away games.

Could be entirely wrong though. Either way, the Milk are getting a bit of love and attention with this sponsorship.
I think though, even if that was the case, Canberra Milk might run up against the might of Channel 9 and Foxtel. The TV channels know that the heritage jersey is a big draw, it's got the historical connotations, it speaks to a fairytale. You can't sit there with a straight face and tell me you haven't closed your eyes and imagined Croker and Hodgson lifting the premiership trophy in that heritage jersey. I reckon that even if the plan is to wear the "home" jersey the most, there will be pressure from the TV channels to wear the heritage jersey more. (Not to mention, fan pressure.)
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

That photo is genuinely obscene, I can’t believe the NRL hasn’t pulled it yet
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

The Nickman wrote:That photo is genuinely obscene, I can’t believe the NRL hasn’t pulled it yet
Do you want to reword that?
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

The Eels captain already has them in the semi’s!
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

BJ wrote:
The Nickman wrote:That photo is genuinely obscene, I can’t believe the NRL hasn’t pulled it yet
Do you want to reword that?
No. No I don’t.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders 1994 jersey voted by the fans as the NRL’s most iconic of all time

More than 20,000 fans cast their votes in The Daily Telegraph’s poll to crown the best NRL strip ever and Canberra’s 1994 jersey, emblazoned with the iconic Canberra Milk sponsorship, has taken out top spot.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... ssion=true

The Titans' inaugural jersey came second and the Eels 1980s premiership jersey came third.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

My retro milk remake jersey is my favourite out of the 20 odd I own, easily

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

My new heritage jersey is easily my favourite one, I’ve worn it four Saturdays in a row now.

Wore it to the beer festival last weekend, to the wrestling last night, absolutely love it.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Probably needs a wash, can smell it from Canberra

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

-TW- wrote: March 8, 2021, 9:22 am Probably needs a wash, can smell it from Canberra

I suspect that's the inherent stench of the nation's capital you're picking up.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Sid wrote: March 6, 2021, 9:37 am Why is Gutho pointing at Jamaal Fogarty
Bahahaha **** me.. thanks
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sold out Canberra Milk jersey set to pull in $2.2m for Canberra Raiders in merchandise sales in 2021

The Raiders’ 2021 heritage jersey has sold out twice before the season, with 5000 already sold. The club projects a record 8-10,000 jersey sales, producing a 120 percent rise in merchandise sales this year.

“We have sold out. We can’t keep up with sales. We have had to place more orders. We have no stock before the season starts. We have sold way more than we first thought,” said Raiders chief executive, Don Furner.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... de4e255c2d
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I mean... who could have possibly seen this coming?
Oh everyone? Everyone knew these things would go like absolute hotcakes? Not a single person didnt see this coming? Gotcha :lol:

Now make it the default jersey for the rest of time.
That's a pretty big financial boon for the club though. Awesome.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

at what point do canberra milk look at this and go, you know what, people actually love our retro branding and it would probably be in our best interest to swap back.
as far as brand identification goes, this has been invaluable market research for them to see they should sack the guy who changed it to a puddle
Dont delete this GE
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

Far out, Don with his finger on the pulse. Wow

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

simo wrote: March 9, 2021, 8:41 am at what point do canberra milk look at this and go, you know what, people actually love our retro branding and it would probably be in our best interest to swap back.
as far as brand identification goes, this has been invaluable market research for them to see they should sack the guy who changed it to a puddle
Apparently hrundi was the guy in charge of marketing and he gets quite defensive about it, so please don't bring it up again.