6%

Total votes: 17

gerg
Laurie Daley

Re: 2020 Rd 19 V Warriors: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by gerg »

Botman wrote:Right on cue, the broncos rolling over like the dogs they are

Bum team, no heart, no pride... a team of cheque collectors
And long may it continue. They deserve a spoon three-peat and it might actually be possible. They are not actively recruiting, maybe because they haven't appointed a coach, which could bite them.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Bay53 wrote: September 18, 2020, 7:18 pm Yeah I think Red is being a bit far fetched on that one!!
Bay53, the Sharks supporter who raised this lives in Canberra and for many years lived next door to Jarrod Croker.
Don't shoot the messenger.

I am no fan of the Broncos in 2020 and the effort they put in this year may well 'earn' them the wooden spoon. From an NRL point of view, they would prefer to have a strong side in the one team city that is Brisbane. Particularly if they are looking at future expansion of Club numbers. There appear to be too many people meddling in, rather than supporting, football operations. Ben Ikin may get an opportunity to correct some ills if he is successful at becoming the next Broncos CEO.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

RedRaider wrote:
Bay53 wrote: September 18, 2020, 7:18 pm Yeah I think Red is being a bit far fetched on that one!!
Bay53, the Sharks supporter who raised this lives in Canberra and for many years lived next door to Jarrod Croker.
Don't shoot the messenger.

I am no fan of the Broncos in 2020 and the effort they put in this year may well 'earn' them the wooden spoon. From an NRL point of view, they would prefer to have a strong side in the one team city that is Brisbane. Particularly if they are looking at future expansion of Club numbers. There appear to be too many people meddling in, rather than supporting, football operations. Ben Ikin may get an opportunity to correct some ills if he is successful at becoming the next Broncos CEO.
Well now, this changes... nothing.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Is he a butcher?
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

It is a cracking yarn though. I hope Red that you laughed directly at him. That's bordering on flat-earth level.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

The Eels are frauds. I knew they would be found out sooner or later and now they are being found out.

It's okay. If we win this weekend and next weekend - both extremely doable - then we can all cheer the Tigers on as hard as possible to get a win over the Eels, which I think is very possible, and we finish 4th. And we'll all be Cowboys fans on Thursday night to make sure the Broncos get the wooden spoon.

Eels already did us a huge favour by not running rampant over the Broncos last night, which also favours us on F/A.

My biggest concern is that the Warriors with nothing to lose are an incredibly dangerous prospect.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ricky Stuart interview on ABC Canberra Grandstand.

Dominant performance in the second half against the Dragons. How did you come out of that game? We came out of it well. I feel that we've been quite consistent in the quality of football the last couple of weeks. It's good when you find your game, you're happy with the quality of play at this time of year. It is really important you're not trying to look for your game at this time of year, important for the players to have clarity around your roles. Important you're not looking for your game at the back end of the season, just improving it.

Clash with the Warriors. We have to expect the unexpected. They will be playing with free spirit. We've trained for a number of scenarios. We are preparing for unpredictability and uncertainty.

What have you told the players to focs on? Players just have to worry about the game they're preparing for. There is no easy game in the NRL, every team has the ability to beat another. As a player you don't want to put your team in jeopardy by not preparing well enough.

Josh Papalii contract extension. He creates that excitement behind the scenes and with the fans, when he does something special on the field, our fans and member knows he's a Raider, he passionately puts in for the jersey and the team.

When Sia Soliola return? He's very eager to play, I'll play him next week against the Sharks, I'll worry about how he'll fit into the team next week. He's getting a solid session under his belt right now.

* This is a summary of the interview written while it was broadcast. It is not a transcript, though I aim to use as many of the words and terms as possible. Later this afternoon, you can listen to the full interview online here, about 10 minutes into the program: https://www.abc.net.au/radio/canberra/p ... d/12658756
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Thanks for the write up GE

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

UPDATED MATCH PREVIEW: Sam Williams and Sia Soliola have dropped out of the Canberra Raiders squad to face the Warriors tomorrow. Updated teams, weather, odds and more: http://ow.ly/EA1A50BvkTF #NRL #WeAreRaiders
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Sid wrote: September 19, 2020, 8:08 am Is he a butcher?
No Sid, not a butcher. He's a mechanic.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ex-Raider Jack Murchie relishing chance to launch Canberra raid

Former Canberra Raider Jack Murchie is returning to town looking to get a win over his mates.

"I'm excited. It's always good when you get to play your old team. I've got a lot of mates in the side so it should be good fun," Murchie said. "Should be a really fun arvo. I can't wait. I'll try and slip into the sheds for a beer if I can after the game - I might have to check that, I'm not sure if we're allowed."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Canberra Raiders board leading the way when it comes to women in league

Katrina Fanning, Yvonne Gillett and Bronwyn Fagan are part of the Raiders' seven-person board that's leading the way when it comes to gender balance.

"Our board has the best representation of women in the game," Fanning said. "Yvonne and Bronwyn have exceptional skills that any board would be happy to have so it's a good way to show [while] diversity targets are great, but finding the people of that sort of skill set is even more impressive.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

NRL Raiders player Josh Papalii selling his Ngunnawal home: https://www.allhomes.com.au/news/cbr-ra ... ntent=pos5
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

gergreg wrote: September 19, 2020, 8:38 am It is a cracking yarn though. I hope Red that you laughed directly at him. That's bordering on flat-earth level.

My exact words were: "I don't think so." We were in the company of a South's fan who was almost in tears over South's display so in deference to her we changed the subject.
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Shaun Johnson out for season.. makes w1 a tad easier
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Seiffert82 wrote: September 18, 2020, 6:54 pm
RedRaider wrote: September 18, 2020, 4:50 pm
kona_dream wrote: September 17, 2020, 10:40 pm Great win by the dogs. 1 win and we lock in at least 5th. Broncos must now also be fired up against Para to avoid the spoon.
I heard an interesting (nasty) take on this today. According to a Sharks supporter, the poison is so deep between the Broncos and Wayne Bennett that Bennett wanted a lack lustre effort from his side so that the Broncos could get the wooden spoon. I don't know that Bennett would coach any side to lay down, but there was something not right with the effort (or lack of) by Souths last night. Complacent would be the kindest description of their performance.
C'mon now Red. :lol: :lol:

There's not a snowflakes chance in hell that a professional footballer would listen to a coach who told them to throw a game just so the coach could get back at his old club in some weirdass vendetta!

They were ****, plain and simple. If the coach wasn't furious with that performance then he shouldn't be coaching.
He's pushing for Kevvie as coach isn't he? Having that halfwit in charge is a clear sign of sabotage. Definitely hoping it happens so we don't have him on the Fox team.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: September 20, 2020, 8:38 am
Seiffert82 wrote: September 18, 2020, 6:54 pm
RedRaider wrote: September 18, 2020, 4:50 pm
kona_dream wrote: September 17, 2020, 10:40 pm Great win by the dogs. 1 win and we lock in at least 5th. Broncos must now also be fired up against Para to avoid the spoon.
I heard an interesting (nasty) take on this today. According to a Sharks supporter, the poison is so deep between the Broncos and Wayne Bennett that Bennett wanted a lack lustre effort from his side so that the Broncos could get the wooden spoon. I don't know that Bennett would coach any side to lay down, but there was something not right with the effort (or lack of) by Souths last night. Complacent would be the kindest description of their performance.
C'mon now Red. :lol: :lol:

There's not a snowflakes chance in hell that a professional footballer would listen to a coach who told them to throw a game just so the coach could get back at his old club in some weirdass vendetta!

They were ****, plain and simple. If the coach wasn't furious with that performance then he shouldn't be coaching.
He's pushing for Kevvie as coach isn't he? Having that halfwit in charge is a clear sign of sabotage. Definitely hoping it happens so we don't have him on the Fox team.
Haha, fair point.

The push for Kevin Walters is beyond comprehension, and the idea of Bennett being a passive coaching director is just as ridiculous. He'd be as bad as Phil Gould in that regard.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Seiffert82 wrote: September 20, 2020, 9:45 am Haha, fair point.

The push for Kevin Walters is beyond comprehension, and the idea of Bennett being a passive coaching director is just as ridiculous. He'd be as bad as Phil Gould in that regard.
Possibly even worse. I think WB's ego somehow manages to dwarf Gould's.
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Croker to the wing has merrit. Why has no one mentioned this before?!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk