10%
Dragons 13+
10%

Total votes: 10

pickles
Ruben Wiki

Re: 2020 Rd 18 V Dragons: Game Day

Post by pickles »

On Hudson young I think he has been solid since his return and I also think that is all that has been asked of him.

I think Stuart doesn’t want every player trying to play to the absolute limit of their ability every week and HY is a perfect example. When he concentrated on running hard and making his tackles he makes a better contribution with no down side than when he is redlining and making costly errors.

It’s not necessarily about ability but more about doing what the team needs.
twistedbydesign
Simon Woolford

Post by twistedbydesign »

I think people forget Hudson Young had only ever played 10-12 games of first grade before this season. He came back and played solidly on the edge before really taking a step forward over the last month as part of the middle rotation. For me he's had a really good year when you consider his age, inexperience and the adversity he's coming back from.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

Anyone would think we lost reading this thread
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

reptar wrote:Anyone would think we lost reading this thread Image
It’s not that long ago that pushing for a top 4 spot with the injury list we have had this season would have been an hilarious pipe dream!
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Thomas Raider »

Did we win? Doesn't seem like it :roflmao
The first half wasn't too flash,but the second half wow. Great stuff from the boys,I was watching with some Dragons supporters,was soo great to give it to them :lol:
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Seiffert82 wrote: September 13, 2020, 1:15 pm
afgtnk wrote: September 13, 2020, 11:57 am
Seiffert82 wrote: September 13, 2020, 5:43 am
afgtnk wrote: September 12, 2020, 11:48 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: September 12, 2020, 9:00 pm

Yes, yes he has.

The fact you can't see or recognise it just reinforces the fact. All you see is the flashy stuff. You have no idea what makes for a successful team.

Now please tell us again how CNK is destroying our attack. I'm all ears.
He really hasn't. Pretty sure you're going to be quite lonely pushing that too.

I have no idea what makes a successful team? Lol. You mock Craig Bellamy's ability as a coach every chance you get and think talent just appears and develops out of nowhere, almost through divinity. Any point you make about 'what makes a successful team' is completely invalid from that point forward.

You seem to think that being a contrarian gives you a good footy brain - it doesn't. It's most likely just a ruse for lacking a deeper understanding of the game, and having been around the traps long enough, I know that's exactly what you lack.
I'm not being contrarian at all. Like many others, I just don't agree with what you're saying.

As far as Craig Bellamy goes, I've never said he's a poor coach or can't coach. Most people (like yourself) just don't want to actually listen to what I'm saying about him and his apparent ability to create elite talent out of thin air. He gets great, consistent, results out of the talent he works with. Not all coaches can do that. He's also only won 2 premierships with said talent in 17 years, which is a highly unremarkable achievement.
Many others? Where?

I don't think I've seen anyone say Hudson Young has been great all year. He hasn't, he was ordinary when he came back. You've literally either just made this up, or have been watching a different game.

As for your rubbish opinion on Bellamy and how coaches are judged, the less said the better. You're ridiculed for it and rightly so.
I don't have time to trawl through the forum and come up with the list of people who don't agree with you about the quality of our players.

And as far as Bellamy goes, I honestly don't give two hoots if nobody agrees with me. His coaching has introduced some of the most negative, dangerous style of play in the modern era. I don't like it, I never have and I never will. I also called them out for clearly cheating the cap before they were officially busted, despite the weird belief that players were willing to be paid unders just to be coached my him. It's Bull. So, to be honest I couldn't care less what his winning record is. 2 legitimate premierships in 17 seasons is a pretty ordinary return from a coach who can apparently develop elite talent out of thin air.
That's because you won't find many pertaining to the points you've raised :lol: I couldn't give a rats **** about your opinion quite frankly, it's garbage and gets proven as such over and over again.

Regarding your CNK dig, being the astute observer of the game you often claim to be and knowing 'what makes a successful team', you would've seen how he was almost completely removed from that second receiver role he struggles in yesterday, and we looked better for it. So yep, looks like even the coach himself caught up on that one and agrees with it. Although, I do seem to recall you being his number one detractor previously and being vehemently against him joining. How did that one work out for you big boy? Not too good eh?
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Thomas Raider wrote:Did we win? Doesn't seem like it :roflmao
The first half wasn't too flash,but the second half wow. Great stuff from the boys,I was watching with some Dragons supporters,was soo great to give it to them Image
Dragons supporters should know better than watching a Dragons/Raiders game with Raiders supporters.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Seiffert82 wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: September 12, 2020, 9:00 pm Yes, yes he has.

The fact you can't see or recognise it just reinforces the fact. All you see is the flashy stuff. You have no idea what makes for a successful team.

Now please tell us again how CNK is destroying our attack. I'm all ears.

I have no idea what makes a successful team? Lol. You mock Craig Bellamy's ability as a coach every chance you get and think talent just appears and develops out of nowhere, almost through divinity. Any point you make about 'what makes a successful team' is completely invalid from that point forward.

You seem to think that being a contrarian gives you a good footy brain - it doesn't. It's most likely just a ruse for lacking a deeper understanding of the game, and having been around the traps long enough, I know that's exactly what you lack.
I'm not being contrarian at all. Like many others, I just don't agree with what you're saying.

As far as Craig Bellamy goes, I've never said he's a poor coach or can't coach. Most people (like yourself) just don't want to actually listen to what I'm saying about him and his apparent ability to create elite talent out of thin air. He gets great, consistent, results out of the talent he works with. Not all coaches can do that. He's also only won 2 premierships with said talent in 17 years, which is a highly unremarkable achievement.
Many others? Where?

I don't think I've seen anyone say Hudson Young has been great all year. He hasn't, he was ordinary when he came back. You've literally either just made this up, or have been watching a different game.

As for your rubbish opinion on Bellamy and how coaches are judged, the less said the better. You're ridiculed for it and rightly so.
I don't have time to trawl through the forum and come up with the list of people who don't agree with you about the quality of our players.

And as far as Bellamy goes, I honestly don't give two hoots if nobody agrees with me. His coaching has introduced some of the most negative, dangerous style of play in the modern era. I don't like it, I never have and I never will. I also called them out for clearly cheating the cap before they were officially busted, despite the weird belief that players were willing to be paid unders just to be coached my him. It's Bull. So, to be honest I couldn't care less what his winning record is. 2 legitimate premierships in 17 seasons is a pretty ordinary return from a coach who can apparently develop elite talent out of thin air.
TBF to Bellamy the Storm have been pipped a couple of times by a Roosters team which has been as stacked as that cheating Storm side. The parallels I'm drawing here are intentional.

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

afgtnk wrote: September 13, 2020, 3:41 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: September 13, 2020, 1:15 pm

Many others? Where?

That's because you won't find many pertaining to the points you've raised :lol: I couldn't give a rats **** about your opinion quite frankly, it's garbage and gets proven as such over and over again.

Regarding your CNK dig, being the astute observer of the game you often claim to be and knowing 'what makes a successful team', you would've seen how he was almost completely removed from that second receiver role he struggles in yesterday, and we looked better for it. So yep, looks like even the coach himself caught up on that one and agrees with it. Although, I do seem to recall you being his number one detractor previously and being vehemently against him joining. How did that one work out for you big boy? Not too good eh?
Don't worry, I'm very, very comfortable with you having the opposite opinion about Bellamy as I do.

Are you referring to me being the number 1 detractor of Stuart? If that's what you're talking about, yes I sure was. Like many others - for a number of reasons articulated at the time. However, as soon as he was named coach of the team I was right behind him. No shame about that.

He has been really good for the club and from what I can gather and have read, his approach to coaching has changed quite a bit since his time at Parramatta. We've been better off for it too.

As far as CNK goes, it's blatantly obvious the coaching staff are working with him to expand his ball playing game. In the last couple of weeks he has even come out with some really nicely worked short kicks. It's really good to see players be given the chance to evolve and improve without ragging on them the whole time. You should give it a go one day.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

gergreg wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote:
afgtnk wrote: September 12, 2020, 11:48 pm He really hasn't. Pretty sure you're going to be quite lonely pushing that too.

Many others? Where?

TBF to Bellamy the Storm have been pipped a couple of times by a Roosters team which has been as stacked as that cheating Storm side. The parallels I'm drawing here are intentional.

They also lost one to a sharks team that were cheating the season before and cheating the season after, but miraculously, weren’t cheating the year they won!

Again... parallels... intentional
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Thomas Raider »

gergreg wrote: September 13, 2020, 3:43 pm
Thomas Raider wrote:Did we win? Doesn't seem like it :roflmao
The first half wasn't too flash,but the second half wow. Great stuff from the boys,I was watching with some Dragons supporters,was soo great to give it to them Image
Dragons supporters should know better than watching a Dragons/Raiders game with Raiders supporters.

The joys of living in Wollongong gergreg :lol: :lol: :lol:
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

The Nickman wrote:
gergreg wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: September 13, 2020, 5:43 am I'm not being contrarian at all. Like many others, I just don't agree with what you're saying.

Many others? Where?

They also lost one to a sharks team that were cheating the season before and cheating the season after, but miraculously, weren’t cheating the year they won!

Again... parallels... intentional
The exact same thought/example popped into my head 5 minutes after posting.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Top eight settled: Best and worst scenarios for each team after Round 18

Raiders (currently 5th, 24 points)
Best/worst case: 3rd to 7th

Ominously dominant second half against the Dragons keeps their top four chances alive, although other results mean their best and worst possible finishes have hardly changed since last week.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/09/14/bes ... -round-18/

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Time to vote for your favourite Canberra Raiders, #GreenNation! #NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr

NRL 2020: Round 18 Team of the Week https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/09/13/rou ... -the-week/ via @NRL

Time to vote JOSH PAPALII, Canberra Raiders fans! #NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr

NRL 2020: Round 18 Tackle of the Week https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/09/13/cho ... -round-18/ via @NRL

GALLERY: Raiders v Dragons: https://www.gettyimages.com.au/photos/2 ... st#license

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/09 ... v-dragons/

PLAY OF THE WEEK: Cotric intercept leads to Wighton try: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/09 ... ghton-try/
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

tackle of the week 4 absolutely outstanding efforts

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL.com power rankings

4. Canberra Raiders (4)
I may have underestimated Canberra and how gritty they are. They're going to be there or thereabouts. A tough first half against the Dragons but a professional second 40 minutes.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/09/14/sow ... -new-high/

AUDIO: Canberra Raiders captain Jarrod Croker speaks after the win over the DRAGONS: http://www.skyracing.com.au/radio.php?d ... d%20Croker
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

lol, Soward really really hates us, doesn't he. :lol:
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Canberra Raiders prop Josh Papalii takes the tackle of the week! #NRL #WeAreRaiders

NRL 2020: Round 18 Tackle of the Week: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/09/13/cho ... -round-18/ via @NRL
Chickas shoe
John Ferguson

Post by Chickas shoe »

greeneyed wrote: September 14, 2020, 9:09 pm NRL.com power rankings

4. Canberra Raiders (4)
I may have underestimated Canberra and how gritty they are. They're going to be there or thereabouts. A tough first half against the Dragons but a professional second 40 minutes.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/09/14/sow ... -new-high/

AUDIO: Canberra Raiders captain Jarrod Croker speaks after the win over the DRAGONS: http://www.skyracing.com.au/radio.php?d ... d%20Croker
c'mon Lil Fonzie, you can say it...