Brain explosions

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

papabear
Steve Walters

Brain explosions

Post by papabear »

Can someone explain Hudson young’s late hit and john batemans kick?

Honestly those sort of plays are disgustingly bad and will lose matches against better sides
Belcher#1
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: Brain explosions

Post by Belcher#1 »

You'll have to ask Hudson about his. He was rightfully hooked straight away.

Bateman seems to have returned with an even more apparent me first attitude. I'm sure that we will see him butcher a few more try's trying to beat the defender himself instead of passing to an unmarked teammate
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Young - hype aggressive forward who plays on the edge will occasionally go over it
Bateman - Enigma, you cant explain it, just go with it because he's a **** legend
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Bateman done it 2 weeks in a row now.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Both late in games that have already been put in the bag
I'll start worrying about JB doing that **** when he does at a moment that matters. He's not trying that in a tight game. Let's not turn this molehill into a mountain guys
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

True. They're not BJ or FPN level match turning brain farts.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Northern Raider wrote: August 30, 2020, 8:45 pm Bateman done it 2 weeks in a row now.
You'd have to think it is to instruction. But if he's going to do it, could he not kick the ball into the back fence? Two shockers, two weeks in a row. Terrible play.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Im fairly certain it's not to instruction. I think that's just what Jonneh is about... late in a game, the game is sorted... he's going to feel the freedom to try something he ordinarily wouldnt and have some fun. He's that sort of carefree player
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

Botman wrote: August 30, 2020, 8:48 pm Both late in games that have already been put in the bag
I'll start worrying about JB doing that **** when he does at a moment that matters. He's not trying that in a tight game. Let's not turn this molehill into a mountain guys
Yep, agreed. I was slapping my forehead at the time but, on reflection, that wasn’t a big deal. He won’t do that next week. Until we’re up by 20 or more.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

papabear wrote: August 30, 2020, 8:24 pm Can someone explain Hudson young’s late hit and john batemans kick?

Honestly those sort of plays are disgustingly bad and will lose matches against better sides
Young’s was forgivable given he plays with aggro.

Bateman...****? Did he have a bet on scoring a try tonight? So stupid. That’s twice now...get that **** out of your game.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

The thing with the Bateman kick is that he's obviously pretty **** at it.

It's just a really stupid play, kicking it into the back fence on the second tackle. The bloke can play footy, but he can also execute pretty bloody poorly.
casta66
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Laurie

Post by casta66 »

If it came off the foot better, it's a try or repeat set. We'd be praising him. We don't really need to be smashing him!
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Game in the bag and just playing some fun footy. Williams bombed a try because i think he was looking to get it to timoko too. Last week they looked like they were trying to get lui over. None of which had any bearing on the games. Its important to save your strike for when it actually matters.
Hudson young is asserting himself. Cant have halves thinking theyre safe near him because he does breathing exercises
Dont delete this GE
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

I'm not worried by either of the moments mentioned from last night. If one bothered me more than the other it was certainly Young, pretty innocuous but lazy nevertheless. I don't want to shackle Bateman. He is getting back into his match fitness, a moment like last night is more likely to win us a game than lose one.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

It's a couple of weeks in a row that Bateman has done the same thing. Blokes like Scott and Lui would be panned if they tried the same trick. At the least, it would be nice to see some improvement if he's going to do it.
Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

GreenMachine wrote: August 30, 2020, 10:15 pm
papabear wrote: August 30, 2020, 8:24 pm Can someone explain Hudson young’s late hit and john batemans kick?

Bateman...****? Did he have a bet on scoring a try tonight? So stupid. That’s twice now...get that **** out of your game.
Sorry Young's was way worse and he got hooked soon after. Batemans was at the end of the game with nothing on the line, move on.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Johnny could stroll out there wearing his jersey backwards as far as I'm concerned...

He's smart enough between the ears to know when not to do that..

AFWIW..he's terrible at it anyway.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Riaan wrote: August 31, 2020, 12:18 pm
GreenMachine wrote: August 30, 2020, 10:15 pm

Sorry Young's was way worse and he got hooked soon after. Batemans was at the end of the game with nothing on the line, move on.
Bateman has done that before.
May not have been a problem in this match but if he keeps trying it, you can bet it will become a problem down the track.
Young plays on the white line...I didn't say I was happy with what he did. He needs to be smarter.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

casta66 wrote: August 31, 2020, 7:31 am If it came off the foot better, it's a try or repeat set. We'd be praising him. We don't really need to be smashing him!
It was tackle two. We didn't need to be going for that option. The Roosters will absolutely murder us for **** like that.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

i was disappointed at the time, and it was selfish play by Bateman, but the game was won by then. I much prefer him doing it when he knows this than when the Cowboys did this to us when we played them, the score was 6-0 in their favour, we were under massive pressure as they had all the possession, but they kicked very early in the tackle count and were low percentage plays, even though they were planned set moves. What he needs to think about is not just kicking for himself but making sure others are aware of it.

Bateman is great for us and he will be an asset this weekend due to his unpredictability.

The tackle by Young was not high; as I said on another post I was confident he would be be charged and it turned out that way. We need his controlled aggression this weekend against the Roosters.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

raiderskater wrote: August 31, 2020, 8:34 pm
casta66 wrote: August 31, 2020, 7:31 am If it came off the foot better, it's a try or repeat set. We'd be praising him. We don't really need to be smashing him!
It was tackle two. We didn't need to be going for that option. The Roosters will absolutely murder us for **** like that.
He's not going to DO that against the Roosters though... he did it in junk time when we were up by 20.

It was stupid, sure, but it's not going to be pulled out against a good team at a crunch moment... why is this so hard to comprehend?
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

I wonder how a coach like Craig Bellamy would have reacted to that play?

Anyway, jokes aside, it was a pretty **** attempt to score. The bloke was 20 metres out and he kicked the ball 40 metres. 2 weeks in a row now. Wasn't even close.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The same way he reacts to Cam Munster or Addo Carr does some wild **** up big in a game that's won. He shakes his head, thinks of the right insult to lob at them in the video session and keeps it moving
Turt
Brett Mullins

Post by Turt »

Aside from being high, Hudson Young's shot was no different to every post kick hit on Wighton
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Turt wrote: September 2, 2020, 10:06 am Aside from being high, Hudson Young's shot was no different to every post kick hit on Wighton
thats... that umm a fairly significant difference Turt :P :lol:
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Our brain explosions need more speed!!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

reptar wrote: September 2, 2020, 2:46 pm Our brain explosions need more speed!!
A bit more leadership would be useful too. Dare I say it... co-brain explosions??