2020 Rd 17 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed »

2020 Rd 17 V Roosters: Teams and Previews

Canberra Raiders V Sydney Roosters
Saturday 5 September 7:35pm
Canberra Stadium
TV coverage: Fox League Channel 502
Radio: ABC, 2CC, Mix 106.3

Who would you like to see line up for the Green Machine in Round 17? Tell us your team here and see how you go in comparison to the official squad when announced. We will include the official line ups in the first post of this thread as soon as they're available.

MATCH PREVIEW: Check out The GH's comprehensive game day preview for Saturday's Grand Final re-match between the Canberra Raiders and Sydney Roosters. Squads, stat attack, key match-ups and more! Click here: http://ow.ly/5Y2w50BejPg

OFFICIAL SQUADS

Canberra Raiders

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Jordan Rapana
3. Jarrod Croker
4. Curtis Scott
5. Nick Cotric
6. Jack Wighton
7. George Williams
8. Josh Papali’i
9. Siliva Havili
10. Ryan Sutton
11. John Bateman
12. Elliott Whitehead
13. Joe Tapine

14. Tom Starling
15. Dunamis Lui
16. Hudson Young
17. Corey Harawira-Naera

18. Sam Williams
19. Matt Timoko
20. Kai O’Donnell
21. Semi Valemei

Injury/Suspension

Curtis Scott, Leg (Rd 18-19)
Emre Guler, Ankle (Rd 18-19)
Corey Horsburgh, Foot (Indefinite, until at least Rd 19, possibly season)
Michael Oldfield, Thumb (Rd 20)
Sia Soliola, Facial fracture (TBA)
Bailey Simonsson, Shoulder (Season)
Josh Hodgson, Knee (Season)
Andre Niko, Knee (Season)
Sebastian Kris, Extended sick leave

Sydney Roosters

1. James Tedesco
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Josh Morris
4. Joseph Manu
5. Brett Morris
6. Luke Keary
7. Kyle Flanagan
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
9. Jake Friend
10. Siosiua Taukeiaho
11. Boyd Cordner
12. Sitili Tupouniua
13. Isaac Liu

14. Freddy Lussick
15. Lindsay Collins
16. Nat Butcher
17. Sonny Bill Williams

18. Angus Crichton
19. Mitchell Aubusson
20. Poasa Faamausili
21. Drew Hutchison

Officials

Referee: Gerard Sutton
Touch judges: Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski, Dave Munro
Video referees: Ashely Klein, Ben Galea

Match Hashtags: #NRL #WeareRaiders #NRLRaidersRoosters

The Greenhouse Hashtags: #WearGreen2020 #FromAllAngles

Plus follow us on Twitter: @TheGHRaiders and Instagram: @TheGHRaiders
Azza
Laurie Daley

Re: 2020 Rd 17 V Roosters: Teams and Previews

Post by Azza »

Extremely worried aye.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

80-4

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

-TW- wrote: August 29, 2020, 2:43 pm 80-4

I think 57 - 3 is a more likely scoreline.
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

Same team that beat the dogs + CHN.
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Thomas Raider »

Same team that beat the Roosters last time :) :)
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I think we are disrespecting a very crappy disgusting Bulldogs side just being here...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sydney Roosters confirm Sonny Bill Williams still on target for return in Canberra

Sonny Bill Williams is set to play his first NRL game in almost six years next week, still on track to run out for the Sydney Roosters against Canberra. The 35-year-old could also headline a cavalcade or returning stars, with Luke Keary (ribs), Angus Crichton (knee) and Mitchell Aubusson (wrist) all some chance of playing.

“The plan is to get him out there, but we'll assess that Monday or Tuesday. But the plan is there with guys to get them back out there as well. Angus, Aubo, Luke.”

Read more: https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/30 ... n-canberra
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

Can we get rid of this thread for 1 more day please, keep pressing on this one instead of the bulldogs one because its on the top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

kona_dream wrote: August 29, 2020, 10:34 pm Same team that beat the dogs + CHN.
I'd go with that kona dream. Possible exception is if Emre Guler is deemed fit to play in Rd 17. As a squad we would want to get as many match minutes into Emre as possible. Depends on the medical advice. The Club has him listed to return between Rds 17-19 so it may be too soon for the next round. I like what his large frame and mobility bring to the side.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

I'd say Scott is out with injury. Soliola won't be back yet. We need to start well or we won't be in it so it's the best 13 starting.

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Jordan Rapana
3. Jarrod Croker (c)
4. Matt Timoko
5. Nick Cotric
6. Jack Wighton
7. George Williams
8. Josh Papalii
9. Tom Starling
10. Dunamis Lui
11. John Bateman
12. Elliot Whitehead
13. Joseph Tapine

14. Siliva Havili
15. Hudson Young
16. Corey Harawira-Naera
17. Ryan Sutton
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

That is what I'd pick zim 👍
Or give HSS a shot at right centre ? I'd welcome both options, the young fellas have played well when they come in
Last edited by Neeeegz on August 30, 2020, 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Spot on Zim!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

If Scott is out I'm not sure who Sticky brings in. Timoko, HSS and Oldfield all possible.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

the scott injury didnt seem like a stinger. I'd say he'll be out for a few weeks at least.

Curious to see what Stuart does, i hope he doesnt shoehorn Oldy back in there. Pick HSS/Timoko, back one of those kids to do the job
Groundskeeer Willie
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: King George

Post by Groundskeeer Willie »

Is there a link for tickets for this match???
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Botman wrote: August 30, 2020, 9:00 pm the scott injury didnt seem like a stinger. I'd say he'll be out for a few weeks at least.

Curious to see what Stuart does, i hope he doesnt shoehorn Oldy back in there. Pick HSS/Timoko, back one of those kids to do the job
In the presser, Ricky said Scott would be ok.
So we’re out of luck it seems.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

What I’d give to see us put on our first real 80 minute performance this season and win.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

GreenMachine wrote: August 30, 2020, 10:12 pm
Botman wrote: August 30, 2020, 9:00 pm the scott injury didnt seem like a stinger. I'd say he'll be out for a few weeks at least.

In the presser, Ricky said Scott would be ok.
So we’re out of luck it seems.
This is funny but unfortunately reflects 98% of the sentiments of the users of this forum
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

As long as we play to our abilities for the entire 80 minutes I'll be happy.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Groundskeeer Willie wrote:Is there a link for tickets for this match???
Ticketek tomorrow

Groundskeeer Willie
Sam Backo

-TW- wrote: August 30, 2020, 11:33 pm
Groundskeeer Willie wrote:Is there a link for tickets for this match???
Ticketek tomorrow

Thank you :)
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Six of the eight Top 8 sides play each other next weekend. Of the other 2 matches, you couldn't get enough on the Panthers to beat the Broncos and on current form the Warriors have a real chance against the Eels. There will likely be some changes to the ladder between the 3, 4, 5 and 6 positions. I can't wait to get to Raider Stadium for the re-match against the Chooks. Only six more sleeps to go.
PJC01
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Mullins

Post by PJC01 »

Chooks are going to kill us,we have played like dirt against the titans,bronocs and dogs.
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

The Roosters are class, but they aren’t the team they were last year, with no Cronk, Radley, Verrils and Mitchell. In saying that, they can still put a big score on if we are not careful. Some random points:

* JWH and Taukeiaho are very important to the way they play. I think we need to start with Papa and Tapine to match them, with Lui or Sutton as the third. Imperative we match them in the middle. JWH in particular will come out to try and dominate.
* If Keary does come back, he’ll be nursing those ribs - it takes a long time to recover fully. We should be rolling through the middle and then targeting Keary and Flanagan for quick play the balls. Flanagan in particular is good for a quick ruck, goes backwards when tackling. In saying that, the middle is where we will find the most joy - with no Radley, they actually lack mobility through the middle and struggle with a bit of late footwork at the line. Tapine and Young have been good at that, particularly Tapine.
* Please don’t bomb to Tupou. I see opposition sides do this so often, it’s a waste of time. Better off going for a little grubber behind him to make him turn. Morris is solid in the air, too. I wouldn’t be totally against finding touch with some kicks, their back 3 are extremely good in broken play, and the chance of getting a mistake from them is generally low.
* If we give them as much territory as we gave given the Dogs, Broncos and Titans, they will punish us - they are very slick in attacking in the red zone. Long kicking game is crucial, as well as discipline with set restarts and penalties.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I reckon we’ll smash these ***** this week
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

TongueFTW wrote: August 31, 2020, 7:38 am The Roosters are class, but they aren’t the team they were last year, with no Cronk, Radley, Verrils and Mitchell. In saying that, they can still put a big score on if we are not careful. Some random points:

* JWH and Taukeiaho are very important to the way they play. I think we need to start with Papa and Tapine to match them, with Lui or Sutton as the third. Imperative we match them in the middle. JWH in particular will come out to try and dominate.
* If Keary does come back, he’ll be nursing those ribs - it takes a long time to recover fully. We should be rolling through the middle and then targeting Keary and Flanagan for quick play the balls. Flanagan in particular is good for a quick ruck, goes backwards when tackling. In saying that, the middle is where we will find the most joy - with no Radley, they actually lack mobility through the middle and struggle with a bit of late footwork at the line. Tapine and Young have been good at that, particularly Tapine.
* Please don’t bomb to Tupou. I see opposition sides do this so often, it’s a waste of time. Better off going for a little grubber behind him to make him turn. Morris is solid in the air, too. I wouldn’t be totally against finding touch with some kicks, their back 3 are extremely good in broken play, and the chance of getting a mistake from them is generally low.
* If we give them as much territory as we gave given the Dogs, Broncos and Titans, they will punish us - they are very slick in attacking in the red zone. Long kicking game is crucial, as well as discipline with set restarts and penalties.
Good assessment Alan Tongue. I think our pack is better, and Papa is playing better than JWH. Up the middle for us with footwork is a key to success. They will come prepared though. I would also add Sitili Tupouniua's running as a danger and we have had problems with him before in the Magic round in Brisbane last year. He does have an error and defensive misread in him though. What to make of SBW? He is the wildcard but we have ours - CHN. SBW could be !@@# or good but we need to tame his offloads for Tedesco and Keary up the middle. They are most dangerous on the left hand side - Keary, Cordner, Tedesco, J Morris then Tupou. The latter two are not lightning fast but let's hope Scott, Cotric, and Bateman are on their games. I would like to see Bateman, CHN, and Young just targeting Keary's ribs and Flanagan on every run.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Stuart said Scott has a plate in his lower leg that causes him pain every now and again - especially when it gets a whack. That explains why he was down for so long - there was no acute pain in a particular spot, just in the general area. It obviously takes a while to settle down.

Anyway, I think Scott is starting to approach some decent form and some consistency, so I'm happy for him to be named.

The CHN inclusion is a good one for us I think. It gives us a bit of x-factor off the bench alongside Sutton and Young (assuming Papa, Taps and Lui start).

With JWH, Taukeiaho and Liu in their pack I'd 100% be starting Havili and using Starling off the bench in this game.
Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

Seiffert82 wrote: August 31, 2020, 11:51 am Stuart said Scott has a plate in his lower leg that causes him pain every now and again - especially when it gets a whack. That explains why he was down for so long - there was no acute pain in a particular spot, just in the general area. It obviously takes a while to settle down.

Anyway, I think Scott is starting to approach some decent form and some consistency, so I'm happy for him to be named.

The CHN inclusion is a good one for us I think. It gives us a bit of x-factor off the bench alongside Sutton and Young (assuming Papa, Taps and Lui start).

With JWH, Taukeiaho and Liu in their pack I'd 100% be starting Havili and using Starling off the bench in this game.
Well Said, I agree
Groundskeeer Willie
Sam Backo

Does anyone have a spare membership that they are not using that they would kindly share with me? Unfortunately I can't make it to the game so I am doing the next best thing and trying to buy tickets for my Father and two brothers. I have 2 memberships of my own so that covers the first 2 tickets but not the third one and I would hate for two of them to be able to go with one of them missing out. Any help asap would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

I thought Young would have been charged for his kick challenge. Doesn't seem like he was.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

it will be
1 cnk vs tede
2 rapa vs borris
3 croker vs manu
4 scott vs jorris
5 cotric vs tupou
6 wighton vs keary
7 williams vs flanno
8 papa vs jwh
9 havili vs friend
10 lui vs taukeiaho
11 bateman vs cordner
12 whitehead vs tuponua
13 tapine vs liu
14 starling vs lussik
15 young vs crighton
16 sutton vs butcher or collins
17 chn vs sbw
Dont delete this GE
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Groundskeeer Willie wrote:Does anyone have a spare membership that they are not using that they would kindly share with me? Unfortunately I can't make it to the game so I am doing the next best thing and trying to buy tickets for my Father and two brothers. I have 2 memberships of my own so that covers the first 2 tickets but not the third one and I would hate for two of them to be able to go with one of them missing out. Any help asap would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)
Sounds to me like you NEEDMEMBERSCODE??
Groundskeeer Willie
Sam Backo

The Nickman wrote: August 31, 2020, 1:54 pm
Groundskeeer Willie wrote:Does anyone have a spare membership that they are not using that they would kindly share with me? Unfortunately I can't make it to the game so I am doing the next best thing and trying to buy tickets for my Father and two brothers. I have 2 memberships of my own so that covers the first 2 tickets but not the third one and I would hate for two of them to be able to go with one of them missing out. Any help asap would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)
Sounds to me like you NEEDMEMBERSCODE??
I sure do. Fortunately a fellow member has messaged me to give me one but my reply is stuck in the "outbox"
Groundskeeer Willie
Sam Backo

Christoraider, if you're around I'd like to take you up on your offer please. I have sent you a message but it hasn't sent yet. Thanks again!