He is flaming dragon.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2020 Rd 17 V Roosters: Teams and Previews

Post by greeneyed »

Best and worst scenarios for each team after Rd 16

Raiders (5th, 22 points)
Best/worst case: 1st to 8th

Kept themselves level with the Roosters despite an almighty scare from Canterbury and guaranteed themselves a finals berth in the process.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/08/31/bes ... -round-16/

VIDEO: Raiders halfback George Williams joined Inside The NRL to preview the club's upcoming blockbuster against the Roosters, as well as reflecting on his own form during his first season in the NRL: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/09/01/geo ... e-the-nrl/
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

I'm really looking forward to this game. We are a team that save our best performances for the biggest games and I have no doubt that we will be up for this one. The Roosters are still down on troops but their pack is solid and winning the forward battle will be critical. We also need to see an improvement in the effort parts of the game like linespeed and kick chase which I think have been letting us down for a few weeks now.

The last time we played the Roosters they were slowing down the ruck but doing it by putting 4 players in every tackle. It worked early but takes a lot of effort and is hard to maintain. If they do this again we should be looking for some early tackle shifts to spread the defensive line but also have players like Papa and Tapine looking for later offloads. Where that isn't possible we need a bit more ball playing in the middle to get our runners between defensive players so they can find the ground.

Chooks have looked good against some rubbish teams but this will be a real grind from both teams and I think it will go down to the wire.
Get back the Ten
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: John Bateman

Post by Get back the Ten »

Will Sonny Bill be playing on the wing due his lack of match fitness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

pickles wrote: September 1, 2020, 11:54 am I'm really looking forward to this game. We are a team that save our best performances for the biggest games and I have no doubt that we will be up for this one. The Roosters are still down on troops but their pack is solid and winning the forward battle will be critical. We also need to see an improvement in the effort parts of the game like linespeed and kick chase which I think have been letting us down for a few weeks now.

The last time we played the Roosters they were slowing down the ruck but doing it by putting 4 players in every tackle. It worked early but takes a lot of effort and is hard to maintain. If they do this again we should be looking for some early tackle shifts to spread the defensive line but also have players like Papa and Tapine looking for later offloads. Where that isn't possible we need a bit more ball playing in the middle to get our runners between defensive players so they can find the ground.

Chooks have looked good against some rubbish teams but this will be a real grind from both teams and I think it will go down to the wire.
if they are pushing to get 4 into every tackle in the middle then i wouldnt be leaving there. our pack has the legs to punish that.
Dont delete this GE
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

radicalraider wrote: September 1, 2020, 8:58 am We are no chance of winning this match. Ricky needs to apologise for ruining our chances from the start of the season by signing Scott. They have way too much strike for us. We'll be lucky to stay within 12 pts
And yet we beat them at the SCG a few weeks ago? And lost to them 3 times last year when we didn't have Scott. I don't like Scott, but he won't be the sole reason if we lose this game.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Finchy wrote: September 1, 2020, 1:11 pm I don't like Scott, but he won't be the sole reason if we lose this game.
Finchy looking for silver linings. :roflmao
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders to wear Foundation Jersey this Saturday

The Canberra Raiders will wear the clubs Raiders Foundation jersey on Saturday night at GIO Stadium, which features names of Raiders supporters and families. The match-worn jerseys will be auctioned off through www.allbids.com.au post-match, with the money raised going towards the Raiders Foundation.

The jersey is also available for purchase through www.raidersshop.com.au (limited sizes available)

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/09 ... -saturday/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ticket Information: Raiders v Roosters

The Raiders can confirm an extra 1500 tickets will go on sale to club members, from 9am Wednesday, September 2, for the Raiders v Roosters match on Saturday night at GIO Stadium.

This sees the capacity for Saturday night capped at 3000. Due to the expected high demand for tickets, it is unlikely the tickets will go on sale to the general public.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/09 ... -roosters/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

2020 Rd 17 NRL teams: Raiders V Roosters

Canberra Raiders V Sydney Roosters
Saturday 5 September 7:35pm
Canberra Stadium
TV coverage: Fox League Channel 502
Radio: ABC, 2CC, Mix 106.3

The Canberra Raiders have named their squad for Saturday nights match against the Sydney Roosters at GIO stadium.

Corey Harawira-Naera returns for the Green Machine on the bench after missing last week's game against the Bulldogs. He replaces Matt Timoko who has been named on the extended bench.

Curtis Scott was cleared of a leg fracture on Monday and has been named to take his place in the centres.

Canberra Raiders media

MATCH PREVIEW: Check out The GH's comprehensive game day preview for Saturday's Grand Final re-match between the Canberra Raiders and Sydney Roosters. Squads, stat attack, key match-ups and more! Click here: http://ow.ly/5Y2w50BejPg

Canberra Raiders

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Jordan Rapana
3. Jarrod Croker
4. Curtis Scott
5. Nick Cotric
6. Jack Wighton
7. George Williams
8. Josh Papali’i
9. Siliva Havili
10. Ryan Sutton
11. John Bateman
12. Elliott Whitehead
13. Joe Tapine

14. Tom Starling
15. Dunamis Lui
16. Hudson Young
17. Corey Harawira-Naera

18. Sam Williams
19. Matt Timoko
20. Kai O’Donnell
21. Semi Valemei

Injury/Suspension

Curtis Scott, Leg (Rd 18-19)
Emre Guler, Ankle (Rd 18-19)
Corey Horsburgh, Foot (Indefinite, until at least Rd 19, possibly season)
Michael Oldfield, Thumb (Rd 20)
Sia Soliola, Facial fracture (TBA)
Bailey Simonsson, Shoulder (Season)
Josh Hodgson, Knee (Season)
Andre Niko, Knee (Season)
Sebastian Kris, Extended sick leave

Sydney Roosters

1. James Tedesco
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Josh Morris
4. Joseph Manu
5. Brett Morris
6. Luke Keary
7. Kyle Flanagan
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
9. Jake Friend
10. Siosiua Taukeiaho
11. Boyd Cordner
12. Sitili Tupouniua
13. Isaac Liu

14. Freddy Lussick
15. Lindsay Collins
16. Nat Butcher
17. Sonny Bill Williams

18. Angus Crichton
19. Mitchell Aubusson
20. Poasa Faamausili
21. Drew Hutchison

Officials

Referee: Gerard Sutton
Touch judges: Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski, Dave Munro
Video referees: Ashely Klein, Ben Galea

Match Hashtags: #NRL #WeareRaiders #NRLRaidersRoosters

The Greenhouse Hashtags: #WearGreen2020 #FromAllAngles

Plus follow us on Twitter: @TheGHRaiders and Instagram: @TheGHRaiders
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

what are we expecting? Cotric at centre valemei left wing rapana right wing?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

radicalraider wrote: September 1, 2020, 8:58 am We are no chance of winning this match. Ricky needs to apologise for ruining our chances from the start of the season by signing Scott. They have way too much strike for us. We'll be lucky to stay within 12 pts
Probably the dumbest post I've ever read on here..

There's there's a truck load of contenders.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-PJ- wrote:

most from the same poster to be fair

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

bonehead wrote: September 1, 2020, 3:08 pm
-PJ- wrote:

Yep.

How you been boner ?
I tweaked a hammy at work, I'm in pain.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Re: 2020 Rd 17 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by -PJ- »

I'd like to see HSS get another go..

I was impressed with him first up.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

bonehead wrote: September 1, 2020, 3:08 pm what are we expecting? Cotric at centre valemei left wing rapana right wing?

I'm expecting Scott to play.

If not I'd expect a straight swap for Timoko or HSS. I don't see Rick doing a comlicated shuffle for a 1 week injury. Nor has Valemi done much to have me rushing him back in ahead of these two.

Wish he's fix those bloody wing sides up tho.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

bonehead wrote: September 1, 2020, 3:08 pm
-PJ- wrote:

Obvious troll is obvious.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

I was hopeful to see Timoko named instead of Scott. Not to be
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

simo wrote: September 1, 2020, 1:04 pm
pickles wrote: September 1, 2020, 11:54 am I'm really looking forward to this game. We are a team that save our best performances for the biggest games and I have no doubt that we will be up for this one. The Roosters are still down on troops but their pack is solid and winning the forward battle will be critical. We also need to see an improvement in the effort parts of the game like linespeed and kick chase which I think have been letting us down for a few weeks now.

if they are pushing to get 4 into every tackle in the middle then i wouldnt be leaving there. our pack has the legs to punish that.
That's what happened the last time we played them, they were too fatigued to chase us down in the end and made some errors at the back end of the game.

We really did struggle to make metres off our line early in the game though so we need to decide what is more important. It will be interesting to see if they approach this game the same way.

The Donkeys made the chooks look good last weekend. A lot of their tries were the direct result of bad misses where players were in position but just grabbed arms or fell off. Unfortunately for us a lot of their attack runs left and our right edge defence has been the worry this year.
IBG
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by IBG »

Interesting to see Lui on the bench. Would prefer one of Sutton or Tapine to be on the bench for impact instead. Bench looks a little light.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Corey Harawira-Naera returns to Canberra Raiders line-up to face Sydney Roosters

Corey Harawira-Naera returns to the Canberra Raiders bench for the grand final rematch against the Sydney Roosters at Canberra Stadium on Saturday night. Raiders coach Ricky Stuart has also named Curtis Scott in the centres after he was cleared of a broken leg.

Raiders: 1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, 2. Jordan Rapana, 3. Jarrod Croker (c), 4. Curtis Scott, 5. Nick Cotric, 6. Jack Wighton, 7. George Williams, 8. Josh Papalii, 9. Siliva Havili, 10. Ryan Sutton, 11. John Bateman, 12. Elliott Whitehead, 13. Joe Tapine. Interchange: 14. Tom Starling, 15. Dunamis Lui, 16. Hudson Young, 17. Corey Harawira-Naera. Reserves: 18. Sam Williams, 19. Matt Timoko, 20. Kai O'Donnell, 21. Semi Valemei.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280

MATCH PREVIEW: Check out The GH's comprehensive game day preview for Saturday's Grand Final re-match between the Canberra Raiders and Sydney Roosters. Squads, stat attack, key match-ups and more! Click here: http://ow.ly/5Y2w50BejPg
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

The first time Luke Keary kicks the footy, someone needs to him as hard in the ribs as they possibly can
If it’s late and we concede a penalty, so be it... and then give him another next time for good measure

I want a clean shot on those ribs early, test them out
Get back the Ten
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: John Bateman

Post by Get back the Ten »

The Raiders have picked a strong side which will match the roosters especially in the forwards.
I am really looking forward to seeing the Raiders pack Dominate and put it over the chooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

-PJ- wrote: September 1, 2020, 3:13 pm I'd like to see HSS get another go..

Noteworthy that Timoko and Valemi both named in reserves ahead of him.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

I for one am looking forward to the 5 minute sbw monologue during the game, about what he might be thinking, while he is still sitting on the bench.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Crichton and Aubusson in the extended squad. What happens when both are cleared to play? Somebody is sitting out to accommodate SBW.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Sid wrote: September 1, 2020, 5:23 pm I for one am looking forward to the 5 minute sbw monologue during the game, about what he might be thinking, while he is still sitting on the bench.
Easily one of the most cringeworthy moments in the history of Rugby League TV coverage. :lol:

This game not on Ch9 unfortunately. They felt the GF replay wasn't good enough to fill one of their slots.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

That Roosters team is crazy stacked...
The fire power out wide is a concern.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Northern Raider wrote: September 1, 2020, 5:32 pm
Sid wrote: September 1, 2020, 5:23 pm I for one am looking forward to the 5 minute sbw monologue during the game, about what he might be thinking, while he is still sitting on the bench.
Easily one of the most cringeworthy moments in the history of Rugby League TV coverage. :lol:

This game not on Ch9 unfortunately. They felt the GF replay wasn't good enough to fill one of their slots.
Yet it would be so wrong not to do an homage.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

bonehead wrote: September 1, 2020, 3:08 pm what are we expecting? Cotric at centre valemei left wing rapana right wing?

The position named side hasn't run out for a few weeks now Boney, so maybe this week we will see the named side run onto the field. A reverse smoke screen from Sticky. I just hope where there's smoke there's fire in the belly of the Raiders and we give it to the Roo$ter$. I can't help but like the athleticism of $BW but am mystified with how the Chook$ $alary cap hasn't been busted by his signing.

I want to see our gang tackling back on display driving the Chook players back towards their own goal line.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

There's a 12 page liftout in Friday's Telecrap..
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Northern Raider wrote: September 1, 2020, 5:04 pm
-PJ- wrote: September 1, 2020, 3:13 pm I'd like to see HSS get another go..

Noteworthy that Timoko and Valemi both named in reserves ahead of him.
Yeah..noticed that.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Ryan Suttons performances over the past 2-3 weeks have been strong.

I believe he'll start as named and given a mission..go flat out son !!!
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-PJ- wrote:Ryan Suttons performances over the past 2-3 weeks have been strong.

I believe he'll start as named and given a mission..go flat out son !!!
yep more minutes, fitter, better! He's a good size too. I was willing to move him and young on to fit TPJ - who am I kidding i still would

Edrick The Entertainer
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Concerned that Starling isn’t starting as we need a good start with points