Bulldogs 13+
No votes

Total votes: 16

GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: 2020 Rd 16 V Bulldogs: Game Day

Post by GreenMachine »

Jack Wighton and Josh Papalii... awesome.
Joey T very good too, along with Starling.
Timoko looks good...
We desperately need speed in the outside backs or some type of tackle buster....
Horrible refereeing and video ref.
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Surely CHN starts for too lateral Bateman
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Raiders have scored 4 tries to 0 with Timoko on the field

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

Starling is a gun in the making. Must keep timoko looked good... we started slow.. class and fitness win us that game, but yeah..
A win is a win I guess
Groundskeeer Willie
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: King George

Post by Groundskeeer Willie »

Are tickets still available for raiders v roosters???
Motiv8dan
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Bradley Clyde

Post by Motiv8dan »

I think the Roosters will murder us next week, our slow starts and comebacks wont cut the mustard..
One day the Raiders and the Cats win the same year and make my head explode!!
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

GreenMachine wrote: August 30, 2020, 8:30 pm Jack Wighton and Josh Papalii... awesome.
Timoko looks good...
We desperately need speed in the outside backs or some type of tackle buster....
It’s a shame woeful play from a small few (our centres) and sub-par coaching from Rick will squander this career-best form from some of these guys. Can’t win a premiership with Croker in the side constantly stinking it up or with Rick’s insistence on sending us out every week to play grind-ball

It won’t matter that we put 34 points on tonight, next weeks game plan will be to go out and try and win the game 12-10
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

Has Tommy Starling lost a first grade game yet ?
I rest my case 😳🤔
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Very similar to the Panthers loss a few weeks back in that we spent large parts of the first half asleep before adjusting our attitude at half time.

Difference is that against heavyweight sides like Panthers, those sort of halves will put you in an irreversible hole pretty quickly.

Fortunately the Dogs aren't good enough to punish us and we are good enough to hit the turbocharge for 20-30 minutes and still get the comfortable win.

But the message should well and truly have sunk in now that nothing less than an 80 minute performance will cut it against the best sides when the whips are cracking.
Up The Milk
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Neeeegz wrote: August 30, 2020, 8:34 pm Has Tommy Starling lost a first grade game yet ?
I rest my case 😳🤔
Yes.
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

Upgrade Starling and give him the #9 jersey. He’s giving us more in attack and defence than Hodgo at this point
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

PJC01 wrote:Roosters are gonna put 50 on us next week!
Said it all year we are not a top 8 team this year!
We had our best chance to win a premiership and that was last year robbed.
We are not just making up numbers what a junk team we really are,I’m really sick of having one good year every 10 years.
Culture hasn’t changed one bit
PROVE ME WRONG!
Hahahaha absolutely brilliant
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

Mickey_Raider wrote: August 30, 2020, 8:35 pm Very similar to the Panthers loss a few weeks back in that we spent large parts of the first half asleep before adjusting our attitude at half time.

Difference is that against heavyweight sides like Panthers, those sort of halves will put you in an irreversible hole pretty quickly.

Fortunately the Dogs aren't good enough to punish us and we are good enough to hit the turbocharge for 20-30 minutes and still get the comfortable win.

But the message should well and truly have sunk in now that nothing less than an 80 minute performance will cut it against the best sides when the whips are cracking.
We’ve struggled to play more than 40mins of good footy in games, nothing even close to 80. I don’t think anything has sunk in?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

afgtnk wrote:I was told very recently, adamantly, that Croker was a brilliant and widely respected leader.

Well, we're 8 points down against the bottom of the ladder side, calls going right against us, and his lack of leadership and weak interactions with the ref are sticking out like the biggest pair of dog balls you've ever seen.
Oh yeah... and then what happened?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Neeeegz wrote: August 30, 2020, 8:34 pm Has Tommy Starling lost a first grade game yet ?
I rest my case 😳🤔
Yes
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

Mickey_Raider wrote:Very similar to the Panthers loss a few weeks back in that we spent large parts of the first half asleep before adjusting our attitude at half time.

This turbocharger is like a VL Commodore turbo, takes 40 minutes to spool up
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Rickmando wrote: August 30, 2020, 8:35 pm Upgrade Starling and give him the #9 jersey. He’s giving us more in attack and defence than Hodgo at this point
C'mon guys. I've seen this or words to similar effect posted a few times now.

Please.
Motiv8dan
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Bradley Clyde

Post by Motiv8dan »

Motiv8dan wrote: August 30, 2020, 12:34 pm I agree with the crappy time slot, hurry up already, I have a bottle of red waiting for 6pm when I settle in too watch. I want to see at least the below from today:

1. Some line breaks
2. Some decent kicks from Wighton from our half
3. If we are winning easily (up by at least 18 +) in the 2nd half, I want to see a professional close to the game
4. Some set restarts for the Raiders, surely we are owed some.....

I saw a few good signs, but from my requests pre game we only got a few I think:

1. Some line breaks - Check, we got some
2. Some decent kicks from Wighton from our half - I would say C+ was the kicking grade tonight
3. If we are winning easily (up by at least 18 +) in the 2nd half, I want to see a professional close to the game - we didnt close professionally again
4. Some set restarts for the Raiders, surely we are owed some..... We got couple but the officiating was terrible...
Last edited by Motiv8dan on August 30, 2020, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One day the Raiders and the Cats win the same year and make my head explode!!
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Rickmando wrote: August 30, 2020, 8:36 pm
Mickey_Raider wrote: August 30, 2020, 8:35 pm Very similar to the Panthers loss a few weeks back in that we spent large parts of the first half asleep before adjusting our attitude at half time.

We’ve struggled to play more than 40mins of good footy in games, nothing even close to 80. I don’t think anything has sunk in?
Key word "should"...I didn't say "has".
Last edited by Mickey_Raider on August 30, 2020, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Up The Milk
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

Rickmando wrote: August 30, 2020, 8:35 pm Upgrade Starling and give him the #9 jersey. He’s giving us more in attack and defence than Hodgo at this point
I agree with this.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Nickman wrote: August 30, 2020, 8:36 pm
afgtnk wrote:I was told very recently, adamantly, that Croker was a brilliant and widely respected leader.

Well, we're 8 points down against the bottom of the ladder side, calls going right against us, and his lack of leadership and weak interactions with the ref are sticking out like the biggest pair of dog balls you've ever seen.
He must have yell at the players
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

He continued to have a **** game and lack leadership?

What an odd post to pick out :lol:
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

afgtnk wrote: August 30, 2020, 8:37 pm

Please.
I’m dead serious. I haven’t missed the constant grubbers into legs, the stand-up-and-pass from dummy half, the pointless kicks on the 4th, and the lazy jersey-grab tackles in the middle
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

:lol:
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Rickmando wrote: August 30, 2020, 8:34 pm
GreenMachine wrote: August 30, 2020, 8:30 pm Jack Wighton and Josh Papalii... awesome.
Timoko looks good...
It’s a shame woeful play from a small few (our centres) and sub-par coaching from Rick will squander this career-best form from some of these guys. Can’t win a premiership with Croker in the side constantly stinking it up or with Rick’s insistence on sending us out every week to play grind-ball

It won’t matter that we put 34 points on tonight, next weeks game plan will be to go out and try and win the game 12-10
Agree our strike out wide will be poor if we continue the way we are. Particularly as were losing Cotric.
Our forward pack depth going forward looks great but unless the likes or HSS and Timoko are hidden gems, we will be wasting Jack and Josh’s best years indeed.
nodrog
Brett Mullins

Post by nodrog »

When we kept them out after starling was marched, that was the crucial moment, it was all raiders after that. Wighton stepped up and did the damage, and the bulldogs crumbled. I thought for a hot minute that the dogs would sniff a win and keep lifting. They wilted. Relief for the green machine, focus on the roosters now
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Today reminded me of the Newcastle 2016 home game when we were behind 22-0 at one point

Can we actually start playing at the start ? These 6 to gos / play the balls and slow starts are a worry. More of a concern is the refereeing which will not be impartial and independent next week.

Can we have someone that communicates with the refs during games pls ? No doubt Cordner will try to influence things next week in this regard
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

The issues I have for 2021 is speed in the outside backs.

Still great work from Jack and co. Some silly plays though. We are a team of physical specimens with some questionable decision making

Must be better next week
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Rickmando wrote: August 30, 2020, 8:39 pm

Please.
I’m dead serious. I haven’t missed the constant grubbers into legs, the stand-up-and-pass from dummy half, the pointless kicks on the 4th, and the lazy jersey-grab tackles in the middle
What's that line Botpig used recently? Don't be prisoner of the moment or something?

Hodgo was poor this season and will need to get back to his usual self in the next one, but it's still very early doors for Tom. He can bide his time on the bench while Hodgo starts. Class is permanent and that class has him in the top 10-15 players fairly consistently.
Last edited by afgtnk on August 30, 2020, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: August 30, 2020, 8:40 pm Today reminded me of the Newcastle 2016 home game when we were behind 22-0 at one point

Can we actually start playing at the start ? These 6 to gos / play the balls and slow starts are a worry. More of a concern is the refereeing which will not be impartial and independent next week.

Can we have someone that communicates with the refs during games pls ? No doubt Cordner will try to influence things next week in this regard
Croker will address the refs... just as soon as he finds out who has stolen his lunch money
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

afgtnk wrote: August 30, 2020, 8:41 pm
Rickmando wrote: August 30, 2020, 8:39 pm

Please.
What's that line Botpig used recently? Don't be prisoner of the moment or something?

Hodgo was poor this season and will need to get back to his usual self in the next one, but it's still very early doors for Tom. He can bide his time on the bench while Hodgo starts.
Yeah Starling been good but let's not get carried away. Hodgo on song is one of the best in the game. When he goes well the Raiders go well.
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Rickmando wrote: August 30, 2020, 8:34 pm
Timoko looks good...

Agree, the grind won't cut the mustard against the better sides.
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

Motiv8dan wrote: August 30, 2020, 8:37 pm
Motiv8dan wrote: August 30, 2020, 12:34 pm I agree with the crappy time slot, hurry up already, I have a bottle of red waiting for 6pm when I settle in too watch. I want to see at least the below from today:

1. Some line breaks
2. Some decent kicks from Wighton from our half
3. If we are winning easily (up by at least 18 +) in the 2nd half, I want to see a professional close to the game
4. Some set restarts for the Raiders, surely we are owed some.....

I saw a few good signs, but from my requests pre game we only got a few I think:

1. Some line breaks - Check, we got some
2. Some decent kicks from Wighton from our half - I would say C+ was the kicking grade tonight
3. If we are winning easily (up by at least 18 +) in the 2nd half, I want to see a professional close to the game - we didnt close professionally again
4. Some set restarts for the Raiders, surely we are owed some..... We got couple but the officiating was terrible...
I agree that you can look at the points raised about as positives. I'd add Starling, Papalii and Wighton and the fact we did come back to the list. I dont even think their tries scored were too problematic either. I think they got a little lucky. little lucky.

What really really worries me is the tries we score. We scored a lot of soft tries tonight and in the past few weeks- which frankly wont be on offer against the top 4 sides. We need to be doing more than the left side attack and relying on Bateman to perform "miracles" on the right. Discount all the tries in the centre of the field. They only come about at this qty against the bottom sides.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Starling is offering the variety that Hodgson lacked this season.
His defence is superb..watch his tackle technique. Small bloke, big heart.
I have no doubt Hodgson can come good again, but we’re crazy if we’re letting Starling leave.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

afgtnk wrote: August 30, 2020, 8:38 pm

He continued to have a **** game and lack leadership?

What an odd post to pick out :lol:
Narrator: The Raiders defended their line, scored back to back tries down a man and took a lead they'd never sniff relinquishing. Not word was spoken about the captain's leadership there after.