No votes

Total votes: 19

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: 2020 Rd 16 V Bulldogs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by The Nickman »

afgtnk wrote:
Finchy wrote: September 2, 2020, 7:48 pm Honest question though, what would you have him do? If scoring tries and goals is simply a case of him doing his job and has nothing to do with leadership, how could he change this? Would he need to stack on 30kgs and become an angry prop and scream at everyone and whinge like Gallen and Graham? Are there any outside backs in history who have been captains and displayed leadership in ways other than scoring? Not sure what he should be doing differently.
I don't think he can. I think you're looking for a science to this but it's not there. It's more an art.

The most visual representation we see of NRL captaincy is in their interactions with the refs. Standing up at the right times, the way you conduct yourself, gamesmanship, the way you press the teams' case. This does not mean you bark and gesticulate wildly - far from it. It's about carrying yourself with an aura of authority and getting your point across firmly. There's an art to it, it's cat and mouse.

The weekend was the perfect illustration of why so many see Croker as a weak captain. In that situation, he simply had to make a stand for his team against the refs by making personal interjections and to try and stem the tide of momentum. ANY good captain would do that. He wasn't able to, it's not in his nature and never has been. By nature he clearly has a more meek and mild personality, which is more suited to taking a seat further back rather than being in the hot seat. We got away with it because it's the Bulldogs - against a better side, I'm not so sure.

I should point out that there are two captain roles at a club - team captain and club captain. I have no issue in Jarrod Croker being the club captain, as I believe that role is generally filled by that an experience pro who's been at the club for yonks and bleeds their colours. Can't recall who is at the moment if it isn't him, but that describes him to a tee IMO. As for on-field captain, that's best left to Hodgson when fully fit and as far as I can see on the field he's the one with the most power. Whilst he's injured, I think it'd be great to have Elliot elevated to the role.
It’s the vibe of the thing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Talking to the ref is just one aspect of a captain’s role. It’s certainly not his strength and I’d like to see him do more in that area. But it’s not the be all and end all of a rugby league leader.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Botman wrote: September 2, 2020, 6:50 pm
gangrenous wrote: September 2, 2020, 6:19 pm
RedRaider wrote: Why do you doubt what the man himself had to say:
"Having two captains gives us the chance to take the team to the next level .......," Croker said. Do you think Sticky made the decision to have two Captains for fun or did he agree with JC's comment?
If Jarrod Croker came out in the papers and said “Having two captains is useless, don’t know what Ricky is doing” THEN you might have a quote that supported your argument that Croker had some captaincy material question marks. This quote you’ve provided is meaningless interview filler.

I think Ricky made Hodgson co-captain to try and get more discussion with the ref. I don’t think that’s been as successful as I’d hoped. Interestingly Whitehead appears to have been having more (civil) debates with the refs recently that I’d like to have overheard. He looks to be having the discussions I’d like to see our captains have live.
Correct
They wanted someone in the middle of the park who could talk more directly with officials in game in hopes of increasing influence... it didn’t even remotely work and so now there is no need to name a co captain especially since no one in the middle is a real verbal type the way Hodgson is, so you’d achieve nothing different with Papalii or Tapine. Whitehead is on the edge so not much to be gained there

I don’t think Jack has the temperament for it, he end up getting us marched more than anything else

So there really isn’t a viable option even if the coach was thinking of doing it but as you said, it achieved nothing anyways so it would be a pointless exercise
One of JC's many fine attributes is his honesty and integrity. When he says "Having two captains gives us the chance to take the team to the next level .......," then I believe him. A direct quote is not to be dismissed as "meaningless interview filler" which puts doubt on his sincerity. When Sticky made the change to Co-Captains I believe he did it for the team and in its first season it was a factor in making the Grand Final imo. I think the two people most involved - JC and Ricky - were right and you don't.

Anyways, should you reply I'll have to get back to you tomorrow. Today is our 43rd Wedding Anniversary and when we met as teenagers I won the lottery of life.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

afgtnk wrote:
Finchy wrote: September 2, 2020, 7:48 pm Honest question though, what would you have him do? If scoring tries and goals is simply a case of him doing his job and has nothing to do with leadership, how could he change this? Would he need to stack on 30kgs and become an angry prop and scream at everyone and whinge like Gallen and Graham? Are there any outside backs in history who have been captains and displayed leadership in ways other than scoring? Not sure what he should be doing differently.
I don't think he can. I think you're looking for a science to this but it's not there. It's more an art.

The most visual representation we see of NRL captaincy is in their interactions with the refs. Standing up at the right times, the way you conduct yourself, gamesmanship, the way you press the teams' case. This does not mean you bark and gesticulate wildly - far from it. It's about carrying yourself with an aura of authority and getting your point across firmly. There's an art to it, it's cat and mouse.

The weekend was the perfect illustration of why so many see Croker as a weak captain. In that situation, he simply had to make a stand for his team against the refs by making personal interjections and to try and stem the tide of momentum. ANY good captain would do that. He wasn't able to, it's not in his nature and never has been. By nature he clearly has a more meek and mild personality, which is more suited to taking a seat further back rather than being in the hot seat. We got away with it because it's the Bulldogs - against a better side, I'm not so sure.

I should point out that there are two captain roles at a club - team captain and club captain. I have no issue in Jarrod Croker being the club captain, as I believe that role is generally filled by that an experience pro who's been at the club for yonks and bleeds their colours. Can't recall who is at the moment if it isn't him, but that describes him to a tee IMO. As for on-field captain, that's best left to Hodgson when fully fit and as far as I can see on the field he's the one with the most power. Whilst he's injured, I think it'd be great to have Elliot elevated to the role.
You could have simply said "I have absolutely no evidence what so ever to support my claim other than my own agenda driven opinion"
Would have saved you a lot of time.

If you cant even provide even the most basic evidence to support your claim, then i simply revert back to what i've always said this is about. Croker the footballer, not the Croker the leader. You dont like the player, have never liked the player, will never like the player and this leadership nonsense is just another way for you and people like you to try and pile on. At least have the balls to own that.
Last edited by Botman on September 3, 2020, 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Botman wrote:
afgtnk wrote:

You could have simply said "I have absolutely no evidence what so ever to support my claim other than my own agenda driven opinion"
Would have saved you a lot of time
I think we all understood that’s what he meant

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

And happy anniversary Red! Hope you guys have a lovely day
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Botman wrote: September 3, 2020, 7:53 am
afgtnk wrote:

Would have saved you a lot of time.

If you cant even provide even the most basic evidence to support your claim, then i simply revert back to what i've always said this is about. Croker the footballer, not the Croker the leader. You dont like the player, have never liked the player, will never like the player and this leadership nonsense is just another way for you and people like you to try and pile on. At least have the balls to own that.
:lol:

I've just given you the evidence. Look at the my post. Read it. You refuse to acknowledge any criticism of the guy's leadership which has been brought up by many and perfectly valid.

Learn to let something go from time to time.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

So your example is captain, your irrefutable evidence is in the middle or rolling play, should remove himself from his centre position, march to the centre of the field... play is still running mind you, and take the issue up with the referee? And any good leader would do this?

OK. Find me the captain who did that in rolling play with the set restarts.

You want me to accept this as evidence? But you can just dismiss the MOUNTAINS of evidence provided that he's a good leader?
Good grief man, that's embarrassing.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

I'm still waiting for one concrete example of how he's shown to be a strong leader, let alone mountains.

You're in denial dude. I rate your footy brain, and we agree on the vast majority of footy related things. This is a massive blind spot of yours unfortunately, and probably always will be.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Hahaha this is brilliant. I suspect we've all fallen for the greatest dubby trap in history here.

Well played afggfjktkrbkrbr, I tilt my hat to you, good sir.

Here's my two favourite bits:

"You refuse to acknowledge any criticism of the guy's leadership which has been brought up by many and perfectly valid"

"Learn to let something go from time to time"
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

afgtnk wrote: September 3, 2020, 9:58 am I'm still waiting for one concrete example of how he's shown to be a strong leader, let alone mountains.

You're in denial dude. I rate your footy brain, and we agree on the vast majority of footy related things. This is a massive blind spot of yours unfortunately, and probably always will be.
It's here. It's provided.
There is multiple examples in this thread of his taking leadership on the field... even you concede his role as club captain off the field is a slam dunk, that also accounts for about 90% of the role of captain, which is pretty significant and you want to ignore it... there is endless testimonials about the man and his leadership, there has never been a single negative word uttered about him, but his team mates, his coaches, his administrators, the club staff, players who have left the club, coaches who have left the club, not a single insider has ever uttered a single word about concerns from anyone associated with him as a bad leader...

These clubs leak like a sieve. Players who have left the club, many of which have left on bad terms have absolute no reason not to leak his poor leadership and lack of respect to insiders. Why arent they? Why has this never been a thing over than from a handful of fans on this site?
Answer me that, if this guy is clearly such a poor on field leader that it is to the determent of the football team, why has this never come up in any forum other this this one? Why not on Fox? Nine? Not a single former player, former coach, administrator, commentator, talking head... none on them have ever once intimated this guy has questionable leadership.
We've had some down times where the team hasnt performed to the level you'd expect and when that happens, as we've seen with clubs like the Panthers, Sharks, Broncos now all you here is people citing "sources" about the lack of leadership. Those clubs have been PLAGUED by media personalities openly talking about how there is no leadership at the club, on or off the field during their down times. The bulldogs are getting it too. Parramatta got their fix of it as well a few years ago. The cowboys have faced these questions since losing JT due to poor performance.
He's been the captain since 2015, and not all those years have been rosey. Where is the commentary on our club our lack of leadership during those times. It hasnt existed.
So either we're the most buttoned up organisation in the history of sports, or it's just something that is not out there as a thing in the RL community.

Evidence for:

- The team doesnt roll over when they're down. This is a common theme of teams lacking leadership. The panthers game is a prime example, we got played off the park, most teams go on to concede 40+ in that game. We come out and knuckle down and win the second half. That's a team who has leadership that holds each and everyone accountable. That has been a hallmark of this team since Stuart handed him the captaincy, in 133 games since taking captaincy we've been beaten by more than 12 points only 13 times
- I dont know when the stat goes back to, but im going to assume it doesnt predate Croker's captaincy... during periods of the game when we are down a man with the sin bin, we are the best team in the league in that situation. I think it was we have actually outscored teams 36-32 in those periods. That speaks to the strength of the leadership in this team and Croker is the biggest cog in that leadership machine.

- Multiple times any game he is questioning the officials regarding calls, even in that game after the obstruction try, he's there putting the case forward after the incorrect call. He spoke to them multiple times at stoppages regarding the way the game was officiated (for all the good that did us). I'm not going to cite all the games because it's literally all the games including the one you're pissing and moaning about.

- Croker is a key member of the kick chase team, he always one of the first down field, you yourself have conceded this is generally a good sign of strong worth ethic and attitude. That's leadership.

- GF, completely shuts down Joesph Manu all game, they never really get a sniff down that side of the field despite being physically under matched. When the break is ultimately made on the other side of the field, around half way... Tedesco doesnt score under the sticks, why? Because Croker from the other side of the field is the guy forcing him into a more difficult kick to try and keep the game alive. No one else is near the Tedesco. That's the most high profile example but when a long break is made, you can bet your **** **** Croker is one of the first there to force a wider kick, or to patch holes in the middle to cover for slow forwards. He's saved countless tries just from drifting back into a void left by a fullback shading towards the open side because he's that guy who consistently and constantly makes the effort plays. That's leadership.

- Hodgson has spoken earnestly about him understanding that Croker is the captain of the team and how much he respects him and that role, hence why he pushed Croker to the front of the team and ran out behind him in the biggest game of their lives. That's the respect they have for him. The group he apparently is a poor leader for make sure in they're following him.

- The roosters game, we lose Hodgson, who apparently is General Patten, and we come out against a red hot roosters team and we bash them on our way to a really good win. You're telling me a team lacking leadership would do this?

- Everyone who has dealt with him speaks highly of his leadership qualities, including the co-captain who has spoken AND SHOWN on the field time and time again the level of respect he has for Croker as the on-field captain.

- Off the park even you concede he's the perfect choice for the captaincy role, which again, that off the field stuff accounts for 90% of what the job of captain actually involves. He's beloved by the kids. He speaks and communicates clearly and effectively with all stakeholders. He's a cleanskin who isnt going to bring negative attention to the club. He's a noted hard worker on the training paddock and many players are on record as saying he sets the standard there. He's able to manage the workload of being a fulltime player with the added corporate responsibilities that come with being a captain.

- He was voted by his peers as Captain of the Year, proving he has the respect and admiration of his captain colleagues as an on field leader.

Evidence against:

- Croker didnt abandon his position in the defensive line to talk to the officials during live play about set restarts

- I dunno... he just doesnt fit my narrative of what a leader is.

Talk about a blind spot, friend.
What you and others are peddling here is, as per above, absolute **** rubbish. So my question becomes this - Stupid or liar?

Because you're either stupid and you dont understand what leadership is unless it comes in a form that fits a very narrow and rigid definition. Or, and my position on this is clear, you're a liar and you dont really believe this **** and it's just a means to pile on to a player you've been piling for years.
Last edited by Botman on September 3, 2020, 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Ooooof

You know where your net is, afghyrsg. Starting picking
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

The Nickman wrote: September 3, 2020, 10:43 am Hahaha this is brilliant. I suspect we've all fallen for the greatest dubby trap in history here.

"You refuse to acknowledge any criticism of the guy's leadership which has been brought up by many and perfectly valid"

In this case "many" is a small group of anonymous people on an internet forum. I've not heard any criticism beyond that.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote: September 3, 2020, 2:50 pm
The Nickman wrote: September 3, 2020, 10:43 am Hahaha this is brilliant. I suspect we've all fallen for the greatest dubby trap in history here.

In this case "many" is a small group of anonymous people on an internet forum. I've not heard any criticism beyond that.
Less people than random letters in afhgfjgkkrthrt's name!!
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Botman wrote: September 3, 2020, 11:40 am

--snip-snip---He was voted by his peers as Captain of the Year, proving he has the respect and admiration of his captain colleagues as an on field leader.---snip-snip--- *lots of good stuff*
Oof. Strong case Botman. Should be made a sticky.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I think that shot of them running out of the tunnel at the GF summed it all up, for me. Hodgo stops and lets Croker go in front - and Croker pauses to look at back as though to ask why Hodgo's not running alongside him. It's a silent exchange. But it shows everything.

Whether some folks like it or not, on That Day, it will be Croker who lifts the trophy. And he will absolutely, 1000% deserve that moment.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

Botman wrote: September 3, 2020, 11:40 am
afgtnk wrote: September 3, 2020, 9:58 am I'm still waiting for one concrete example of how he's shown to be a strong leader, let alone mountains.

It's here. It's provided.
There is multiple examples in this thread of his taking leadership on the field... even you concede his role as club captain off the field is a slam dunk, that also accounts for about 90% of the role of captain, which is pretty significant and you want to ignore it... there is endless testimonials about the man and his leadership, there has never been a single negative word uttered about him, but his team mates, his coaches, his administrators, the club staff, players who have left the club, coaches who have left the club, not a single insider has ever uttered a single word about concerns from anyone associated with him as a bad leader...

These clubs leak like a sieve. Players who have left the club, many of which have left on bad terms have absolute no reason not to leak his poor leadership and lack of respect to insiders. Why arent they? Why has this never been a thing over than from a handful of fans on this site?
Answer me that, if this guy is clearly such a poor on field leader that it is to the determent of the football team, why has this never come up in any forum other this this one? Why not on Fox? Nine? Not a single former player, former coach, administrator, commentator, talking head... none on them have ever once intimated this guy has questionable leadership.
We've had some down times where the team hasnt performed to the level you'd expect and when that happens, as we've seen with clubs like the Panthers, Sharks, Broncos now all you here is people citing "sources" about the lack of leadership. Those clubs have been PLAGUED by media personalities openly talking about how there is no leadership at the club, on or off the field during their down times. The bulldogs are getting it too. Parramatta got their fix of it as well a few years ago. The cowboys have faced these questions since losing JT due to poor performance.
He's been the captain since 2015, and not all those years have been rosey. Where is the commentary on our club our lack of leadership during those times. It hasnt existed.
So either we're the most buttoned up organisation in the history of sports, or it's just something that is not out there as a thing in the RL community.

Evidence for:

- The team doesnt roll over when they're down. This is a common theme of teams lacking leadership. The panthers game is a prime example, we got played off the park, most teams go on to concede 40+ in that game. We come out and knuckle down and win the second half. That's a team who has leadership that holds each and everyone accountable. That has been a hallmark of this team since Stuart handed him the captaincy, in 133 games since taking captaincy we've been beaten by more than 12 points only 13 times
- I dont know when the stat goes back to, but im going to assume it doesnt predate Croker's captaincy... during periods of the game when we are down a man with the sin bin, we are the best team in the league in that situation. I think it was we have actually outscored teams 36-32 in those periods. That speaks to the strength of the leadership in this team and Croker is the biggest cog in that leadership machine.

- Multiple times any game he is questioning the officials regarding calls, even in that game after the obstruction try, he's there putting the case forward after the incorrect call. He spoke to them multiple times at stoppages regarding the way the game was officiated (for all the good that did us). I'm not going to cite all the games because it's literally all the games including the one you're pissing and moaning about.

- Croker is a key member of the kick chase team, he always one of the first down field, you yourself have conceded this is generally a good sign of strong worth ethic and attitude. That's leadership.

- GF, completely shuts down Joesph Manu all game, they never really get a sniff down that side of the field despite being physically under matched. When the break is ultimately made on the other side of the field, around half way... Tedesco doesnt score under the sticks, why? Because Croker from the other side of the field is the guy forcing him into a more difficult kick to try and keep the game alive. No one else is near the Tedesco. That's the most high profile example but when a long break is made, you can bet your **** **** Croker is one of the first there to force a wider kick, or to patch holes in the middle to cover for slow forwards. He's saved countless tries just from drifting back into a void left by a fullback shading towards the open side because he's that guy who consistently and constantly makes the effort plays. That's leadership.

- Hodgson has spoken earnestly about him understanding that Croker is the captain of the team and how much he respects him and that role, hence why he pushed Croker to the front of the team and ran out behind him in the biggest game of their lives. That's the respect they have for him. The group he apparently is a poor leader for make sure in they're following him.

- The roosters game, we lose Hodgson, who apparently is General Patten, and we come out against a red hot roosters team and we bash them on our way to a really good win. You're telling me a team lacking leadership would do this?

- Everyone who has dealt with him speaks highly of his leadership qualities, including the co-captain who has spoken AND SHOWN on the field time and time again the level of respect he has for Croker as the on-field captain.

- Off the park even you concede he's the perfect choice for the captaincy role, which again, that off the field stuff accounts for 90% of what the job of captain actually involves. He's beloved by the kids. He speaks and communicates clearly and effectively with all stakeholders. He's a cleanskin who isnt going to bring negative attention to the club. He's a noted hard worker on the training paddock and many players are on record as saying he sets the standard there. He's able to manage the workload of being a fulltime player with the added corporate responsibilities that come with being a captain.

- He was voted by his peers as Captain of the Year, proving he has the respect and admiration of his captain colleagues as an on field leader.

Evidence against:

- Croker didnt abandon his position in the defensive line to talk to the officials during live play about set restarts

- I dunno... he just doesnt fit my narrative of what a leader is.

Talk about a blind spot, friend.
What you and others are peddling here is, as per above, absolute **** rubbish. So my question becomes this - Stupid or liar?

Because you're either stupid and you dont understand what leadership is unless it comes in a form that fits a very narrow and rigid definition. Or, and my position on this is clear, you're a liar and you dont really believe this **** and it's just a means to pile on to a player you've been piling for years.

Jaysus !!!

Thats ripped the net off the posts!!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Hahaha it really did... and afgfhjgktkfkt was left with no other course of action but to shadowbox out of the thread
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

You're still trying to throw punches after waking up from being KO'd...... and the arena's lights are out and everyone's gone home.

Croker's an ordinary leader and gets called out as such, regularly - deal with it. No amount of anecdotal heresay crap you're trying to Trump everyone with proves otherwise.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Address the post or hold the L, friend

The choice is yours
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

afgtnk wrote:You're still trying to throw punches after waking up from being KO'd...... and the arena's lights are out and everyone's gone home.

Croker's an ordinary leader and gets called out as such, regularly - deal with it. No amount of anecdotal heresay crap you're trying to Trump everyone with proves otherwise.
Provide some evidence, other than quoting your own posts..

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

afgtnk wrote: September 5, 2020, 10:14 am You're still trying to throw punches after waking up from being KO'd...... and the arena's lights are out and everyone's gone home.

I'm pretty sure the consensus is that Botman's post KO'd you, hence the sound of crickets and lack of rebuttal since.

Who (aside from you) regularly calls out Croker as an ordinary leader, and what evidence do they have of such a belief?
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Lol. 'Consensus'. I haven't read Botman's post, it's the ultimate TL;DR. You must've missed the number posts in the last game day thread. Or the countless posts and threads over the years that have called him out on it. Don't make me start quoting to show you that exact evidence, because this is standard, textbook agenda behaviour.

Let's just hope your boy and 'side piece' has a better game than last week, eh?. Surely that's something we can all agree on. I don't think we should rely on a couple of big plays from our key talents like Wighton to get us out of a hole again and cover up for his lack of leadership against this type of opposition. I'll be rooting for him to do better.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Haha... he's on the mat flailing and arguing with the judges. A comical scene.
If you've still got fight, get and have a go. Otherwise continue laying down and take that L brother.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

“I haven’t even read your post, so there!”

How the mighty have fallen
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Spends over a week demanding evidence and belittling posters for not being able to come up with any. Then when somebody takes the time to do it refuses to read it.

That 'puberty' is a really tough period for some young boys.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

How was the leadership last night, eh?Evidence was there for all to see again fellas.

Sorry. You're having an awful time being in denial and admitting you're wrong here. Without Hodgo and Sia this team is near rudderless from a leadership perspective. You cannot have one of your worst players as captain - the players don't have a strong enough example to follow.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

So when we lose its Croker's fault? You're like the Raiders very own Grinch.

afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

But when we win after Wighton digs us out of a hole against the cellar dwellars, Croker gets the credit?

You're absolutely awful at this son.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

*yawn* so when we lose 6 out of 7 games without said leaders Sia and Hodgo it’s got nothing to do with our onfield captain but as soon as we lose a game it’s because of our captain’s apparent poor leadership?

Similar to when we go down 20-12 at halftime to the bulldogs it’s all our captain’s fault but when we rally back with 12 men to score two tries and take the lead it’s despite him?

Change the channel, Marge. You’re literally not even trying anymore and admitted that with the “I didn’t even read your post lol!” comment
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Turn around and win last week = due to Croker leadership

Lose and look rudderless last night = not due to Croker leadership

Brilliant Nickman. Bravo :lol:

The dude is barely worthy of a spot in first grade at the moment, let alone captaincy. You need one of your best in charge. In a better world Elliott has the reigns right now.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

afgtnk wrote: September 6, 2020, 8:45 am How was the leadership last night, eh?Evidence was there for all to see again fellas.

Sorry. You're having an awful time being in denial and admitting you're wrong here. Without Hodgo and Sia this team is near rudderless from a leadership perspective. You cannot have one of your worst players as captain - the players don't have a strong enough example to follow.
Address the post, or take the L.
Your choice.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

When you're needing to write an unreadable essay trying to defend someone, chances are what's being held against him has quite a bit of weight. If it didn't, there'd be no need for it. You'd be able to summarise it quickly and brush it off.

From what I can see, it's mostly just rehashed statements presented as facts and evidence, that have already been addressed. Use your eyes. That's what you've always told us to do, right?

My eyes tell me that Jarrod Croker is barely good enough for first grade right now. The topic of his captaincy is almost reaching a moot point - you cannot be an effective leader in this game when you're one of the weakest links in the team.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

afgtnk wrote:But when we win after Wighton digs us out of a hole against the cellar dwellars, Croker gets the credit?

You're absolutely awful at this son.
Ok, you do you.

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

afgtnk wrote: September 6, 2020, 9:22 am When you're needing to write an unreadable essay trying to defend someone, chances are what's being held against him has quite a bit of weight. If it didn't, there'd be no need for it. You'd be able to summarise it quickly and brush it off.

From what I can see, it's mostly just rehashed statements presented as facts and evidence, that have already been addressed. Use your eyes. That's what you've always told us to do, right?

My eyes tell me that Jarrod Croker is barely good enough for first grade right now. The topic of his captaincy is almost reaching a moot point - you cannot be an effective leader in this game when you're one of the weakest links in the team.
:lol: This is TRULY a pathetic scene. You asked for evidence, it was supplied and now you're just cowering away from the post because you know you cant refute it with your own concrete evidence... For you, my guy.