Titans 13+
No votes

Total votes: 18

Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Re: 2020 Rd 15 V Titans: Teams and Previews

Post by Raiders666 »

Shout out to Joe Tapine...His game last week was all class. He is really playing well
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

luffraider wrote:
The Nickman wrote:I'm going to this game! It will be my first (and possibly only) game for the year!!

Strange old year 2020.
Same here nick!

I got my tickets today and actually got 2 for 1 in the general admission area
Jimmy! You’ll probably be near me! Message me on the day (so I don’t forget) and we’ll get on the beers
luffraider
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Fensom

Post by luffraider »

The Nickman wrote:
luffraider wrote:
The Nickman wrote:I'm going to this game! It will be my first (and possibly only) game for the year!!

Strange old year 2020.
Same here nick!

Jimmy! You’ll probably be near me! Message me on the day (so I don’t forget) and we’ll get on the beers
Will do! I’m staying with a mate at Broadbeach not far from the mall. Maybe some pre and post game drinks.....
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

This wont be an easy game. I think we will win though. 1-12 margin.

Papalii FTS
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

benda wrote: August 17, 2020, 11:39 pm This wont be an easy game. I think we will win though. 1-12 margin.

Papalii FTS
Yep. We shouldn't underestimate the Titans. Close losses to Roosters and Panthers recently. Take them lightly at your peril.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

luffraider wrote: August 17, 2020, 8:03 pm
The Nickman wrote:
luffraider wrote:

Strange old year 2020.
Same here nick!

Will do! I’m staying with a mate at Broadbeach not far from the mall. Maybe some pre and post game drinks.....
Haha perfect. I'm staying at Meriton in Broadbeach Friday and Saturday night so will be getting on the beers nice and early Saturday, just message me when you're good to go.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Northern Raider wrote: August 18, 2020, 8:59 am
benda wrote: August 17, 2020, 11:39 pm This wont be an easy game. I think we will win though. 1-12 margin.

Papalii FTS
Yep. We shouldn't underestimate the Titans. Close losses to Roosters and Panthers recently. Take them lightly at your peril.
Completely agree. We need to be good for the full 80 too. As the Donkeys showed last week there's a lot of teams that can go with you for 40 minutes but struggle to maintain it for a full game, especially defensively. Even when our attack hasn't been on point our defensive efforts have kept us in games.

Not the best preparation for the Titans but like every other team this year they will aim up against us and we need to expect a hard match. Ask the Eels what happens when you take your opposition too lightly.
greeneyed
Don Furner

2020 Rd 15 V Titans: Teams and Previews

Post by greeneyed »

My good luck budgies have to stay as my signature now: Jordan Rapana

Canberra Raiders winger Jordan Rapana turned 31 last Saturday, when the Green Machine dispatched the Brisbane Broncos. The crowd sang "Happy Birthday" to him as the Raiders piled on 30 points in the second half.

But it was Rapana's the post match celebrations that were the sensation on social media in the aftermath. He usually leads the team victory song... but on Saturday night, he did it in his Raiders "budgie smugglers", with a bit of hip thrusting and dancing added in.

"I got a bit carried away there," Rapana admitted today.

"I was just stoked that we got the win for my birthday. It was good fun. It's gone bloody viral now. It was a bit impromptu, but I think its going to have to stay as a signature move now," he said.

"I'll have to wear Raiders' budgies every game now. My good luck budgies."

"How old is he? 31 going on 12," Jack Wighton laughed, recalling Rapana's dance moves.

"He's unreal. We love him down here and we're very happy to have him back."

Rapana was pleased with how the Raiders' attack finally clicked on Saturday.

"It's definitely what we've needed," Rapana said.

"I think that made it hard for us was it was kind of expected, especially with a Broncos team that is going through what they're going through at the minute."

"I think a lot of people just thought that that scoreline was meant to happen. But they're the toughest games to turn up for. I was just proud of the boys' efforts."

"We've set our standards now, we've just got to live up to that and keep playing the way we did on the weekend."

Rapana felt a bit of a hamstring twinge during the victory over Brisbane, but he says he will be fine for Saturday's upcoming clash with the Titans.

"First carry actually, I just felt a little twinge," he said.

"Turning 31 doesn't help, getting old. But it was fine, I got through the game. I trained, ran on it yesterday and it was fine."

"Hopefully it's just a grade three 'carry on'," he joked.

A grade three hamstring is the most severe hamstring injury. Rapana joked that coach Ricky Stuart's back injury - which saw Andrew McFadden step into the coach's press conference last weekend - might also be a bit of a "carry on".

"I've seen he was carrying on. He's got another grade three carry on. I'm sure he'll be alright. He's just a big sook," Rapana said laughing.

Rapana says that the upcoming match against the 13th placed Titans will be tough - and that the Raiders will prepare for another "danger game".

"A lot of the bottom of the table teams are playing great footy," Rapana said.

"Similar to how we approached the Brisbane game. That mentality that any team on their day can win. So we can't be going up there taking them lightly."

"They're in form and have played some really good footy. They were playing really well against the Sharks in the first half until [Kevin Proctor] went off. The week before too, they played awesome as well."

"So we've just got to make sure we're on our game and be ready to go."

A report for The Greenhouse

VIDEO: Rapana pleased with improved attack: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/08 ... ed-attack/

MATCH PREVIEW: Raiders V Titans: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34189

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/08/17/tit ... blessings/
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

"Hip thrusting and dancing", did Victor get in on the action?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders winger Jordan Rapana backs Kevin Proctor ahead of biting charge

Canberra Raiders winger Jordan Rapana says biting just isn't in Kevin Proctor's nature.

"He's one of my best mates and I've got to support [him] no matter what. I believe he didn't bite him. It's just not in his nature at all. Hopefully he's got a case tonight and really hoping as a mate he gets through that."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280

My good luck budgies have to stay as my signature now: Jordan Rapana: viewtopic.php?p=1751732#p1751732

Canberra Raiders star Jack Wighton backs NRL's handling of Brent Naden abuse

Jack Wighton has backed the NRL's handling of the alleged racist abuse of the Penrith's Brent Naden.

"I was very sad just to see it's still happening, but I think the NRL's handled it great," Wighton said. "Credit to Nado for standing up for himself too. It takes a lot of courage. It was really good to see."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Thomas Raider »

The Nickman wrote: August 18, 2020, 10:38 am
The Nickman wrote:
luffraider wrote:

Strange old year 2020.
Same here nick!

Haha perfect. I'm staying at Meriton in Broadbeach Friday and Saturday night so will be getting on the beers nice and early Saturday, just message me when you're good to go.
Lucky you pair,enjoy for me :D
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

2020 Rd 15 NRL teams: Raiders V Titans

Canberra Raiders V Gold Coast Titans
Saturday August 22 3:00pm
Robina Stadium
TV coverage: Fox League Channel 502
Radio: ABC, 2CC, Mix 106.3

The Canberra Raiders have named their squad for Saturday’s match against the Gold Coast Titans at Cbus Super Stadium. The Raiders remain unchanged from the team which defeated the Broncos at Canberra Stadium in Round 14.

Canberra Raiders

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Jordan Rapana
3. Jarrod Croker (C)
4. Curtis Scott
5. Nick Cotric
6. Jack Wighton
7. George Williams
8. Josh Papalii
9. Siliva Havili
10. Dunamis Lui
11. John Bateman
12. Elliott Whitehead
13. Hudson Young

14. Tom Starling
15. Joe Tapine
16. Ryan Sutton
17. Corey Harawira-Naera

18. Sam Williams
19. Harley Smith-Shields
20. Kai O'Donnell
21. Matt Frawley

Injury/Suspension

Semi Valemei, Knee (Rd 16-17)
Emre Guler, Ankle (Rd 17-19)
Corey Horsburgh, Foot (Indefinite, until at least Rd 19, possibly season)
Michael Oldfield, Thumb (Rd 20)
Sia Soliola, Facial fracture (Indefinite, until at least Rd 20, possibly season)
Bailey Simonsson, Shoulder (Season)
Josh Hodgson, Knee (Season)
Andre Niko, Knee (Season)
Sebastian Kris, Extended sick leave

Gold Coast Titans

1. Alexander Brimson
2. Anthony Don
3. Brian Kelly
4. Young Tonumaipea
5. Phillip Sami
6. Ashley Taylor
7. Jamal Fogarty
8. Jarrod Wallace
9. Nathan Peats
10. Jaiman Jolliffe
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Keegan Hipgrave
13. Moeaki Fotuaika

14. Tyrone Peachey
15. Sam Lisone
16. Beau Fermor
17. Sam Stone

18. Corey Thompson
19. Tanah Boyd
20. Jai Whitbread
21. Erin Clark

Officials

Referee: Chris Butler
Touch judges: Liam Kennedy, Drew Oultram
Video referees: Steve Chiddy, Ben Galea

Match Hashtags: #NRL #WeareRaiders #NRLTitansRaiders

The Greenhouse Hashtags: #WearGreen2020 #FromAllAngles

Plus follow us on Twitter: @TheGHRaiders and Instagram: @TheGHRaiders
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Nickman wrote:
luffraider wrote:

Strange old year 2020.
Same here nick!

What section are you bogans in? I got the 2 for 1 as well. Section 26 I think.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
luffraider
Simon Woolford

Re: 2020 Rd 15 V Titans: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by luffraider »

Northern Raider wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
luffraider wrote: Same here nick!

Yeh I’m aisle 26. Around the try line area I think
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote: August 18, 2020, 3:27 pm
The Nickman wrote:
luffraider wrote: Same here nick!

We're in Section 20. Message me if you're keen to get on the beers either before, during or after the game, NR.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Was just going to mention the two for 1 ticket offer but seems it has already been mentioned. Hope those lucky enough to be going to the game have a great time. With the current arrangements it is very difficult for you to go to other games.

I was going to be up there and had flights booked but with border restrictions I obviously can’t go.

Sad, we always have a great time doing GH live in SE Qld, we tend to get more people willing to come on there than anywhere else.

Hopefully with the cases in NSW coming down if we were to get the Storm Away in the finals we can get up there. Will have to wait and see, plenty of things good and bad can happen before then.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Bay53 wrote: August 18, 2020, 4:22 pm Was just going to mention the two for 1 ticket offer but seems it has already been mentioned. Hope those lucky enough to be going to the game have a great time. With the current arrangements it is very difficult for you to go to other games.

I was going to be up there and had flights booked but with border restrictions I obviously can’t go.

Sad, we always have a great time doing GH live in SE Qld, we tend to get more people willing to come on there than anywhere else.

Hopefully with the cases in NSW coming down if we were to get the Storm Away in the finals we can get up there. Will have to wait and see, plenty of things good and bad can happen before then.
You could get The Nickman and I to do the segment this time. We would set a whole new low.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I love it here in Canberra and this is where I want to be: Raiders winger Jordan Rapana

Canberra Raiders winger Jordan Rapana says he'd love nothing more than to finish his rugby league career in the nation's capital.

Rapana made his debut with the Gold Coast Titans back in 2008 - the Raiders' opponents this Saturday. But he only played five first grade games with the club, before taking a break from football, so as to serve a two year Mormon mission in England and Wales.

After a stint with rugby union in Perth, he found himself in Canberra playing with the Queanbeyan Blues and pouring drinks and cutting hair for a living. The Raiders gave him a shot in 2014, and he became one of the best strike wingers in the NRL.

Rapana left the Green Machine at the end of last year, to take up a big money deal in Japanese rugby union. But the COVID pandemic ended that foray, before he could play a game.

On returning to Australia, the Raiders welcomed him back with open arms, giving him a contract for the rest of 2020. He'd dearly love to stay in green in 2021.

"Obviously, I love it here in Canberra and this is where I want to be," 31 year old, Rapana said today.

"I probably don't have too much longer in my career. To finish up here would be ideal. I've made a home here. I love it here. It's in my manager's hands now."

Always one to have some fun, Rapana jokingly made a public appeal to Raiders CEO Don Furner.

"Donny! Come on bro! Get me sorted," he laughed.

Rapana says that the club is hoping to welcome back some more injured troops in coming weeks - with Emre Guler and Semi Valemei the next players set to return.

Sia Soliola, who suffered a horrible facial fracture, is still hoping to get back on the field this year - and has now been given the all clear from the doctors to progress to solid food. He posted video of himself today on Instagram, consuming a "Raiders Wrap" from Cafe Momo.

"I know that they're progressing really well, they're in the gym," Rapana said.

"Emre is out of his boot and moving well. Sia is looking good too, I don't think he's too far away from contact. It's been almost six weeks [for him] of not eating solid food, so he's done well to keep his weight. He's still looking a beast, still ripped up and looking well."

The Raiders say they won't be taking the Gold Coast Titans lightly. While they are in 13th place on the ladder, five eighth Jack Wighton was full of praise today for the Titans' recent form.

They produced a good win over the Cowboys two weeks ago, and were right in the match with the Sharks last week, until their second rower Kevin Proctor was sent off for an alleged biting incident involving Sharks half, Shaun Johnson.

The Titans have also had close recent contests with the Roosters and Panthers.

"Mate, they've been unreal lately," Wighton said.

"They've shown a lot of form all over the park and a lot more consistency. I think they're starting to hit their straps now, so it's going to be a tough one."

"We're going to have to weather the storm when they come out firing, but we'll try and stick in and get it done."

Wighton says his role and that of halves partner George Williams have evolved, as coach Ricky Stuart looks to lift the Raiders' attacking record.

"Me and Georgie, we have changed our roles a little bit more. He's taken control of the ruck a little bit more now, so we had fun doing that and it worked for us," Wighton said.

Wighton faces a match-up with Ash Taylor on Saturday. Taylor has not handled the pressure of a $1 million contract well in the past couple of years. However, he's in good form in 2020 under the tutelage of new coach Justin Holbrook.

"He's been good, full credit to him too," Wighton said.

"He's had a tough couple of years and he's stuck in there and it's really starting to show now. He's starting to play some great footy."

A report for The Greenhouse

VIDEO: Solid food gives Soliola hope for return: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/08/18/sol ... or-return/
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Titans games always remind me of Mat Orford and Frank Paul Nuasala, I just know we try to find ways to snatch a loss from the jaws of victory
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

The Nickman wrote: August 17, 2020, 7:37 pm
luffraider wrote:

Strange old year 2020.
Same here nick!

Really? I paid $50 for 2 tickets in the away supporters bay!
Finite
David Furner

Post by Finite »

Love Rapana. Great character but all heart and effort on the field.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders name unchanged team to face Gold Coast Titans

Touch wood, it's becoming a bit of a luxury for Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart - naming an unchanged 17 for the Gold Coast Titans clash on the Gold Coast on Saturday. For the third week running that's what Stuart's been able to do.

Raiders: 1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, 2. Jordan Rapana, 3. Jarrod Croker (c), 4. Curtis Scott, 5. Nick Cotric, 6. Jack Wighton, 7. George Williams, 8. Josh Papalii, 9. Siliva Havili, 10. Dunamis Lui, 11. John Bateman, 12. Elliott Whitehead, 13. Hudson Young. Interchange: 14. Tom Starling, 15. Joe Tapine, 16. Ryan Sutton, 17. Corey Harawira-Naera. Reserves: 18. Sam Williams, 19. Harley Smith-Shields, 20. Kai O'Donnell, 21. Matt Frawley.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Canberra Raiders winger Jordan Rapana backs Kevin Proctor ahead of biting charge: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Canberra Raiders star Jack Wighton backs NRL's handling of Brent Naden abuse: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Hear from Canberra Raiders stars Jordan Rapana and Jack Wighton as the Green Machine prepares for their clash with the Gold Coast Titans. WIN News Canberra reports: http://ow.ly/xt9H50B2chq

#NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Northern Raider wrote: August 18, 2020, 4:48 pm
Bay53 wrote: August 18, 2020, 4:22 pm Was just going to mention the two for 1 ticket offer but seems it has already been mentioned. Hope those lucky enough to be going to the game have a great time. With the current arrangements it is very difficult for you to go to other games.

You could get The Nickman and I to do the segment this time. We would set a whole new low.
You would need a third person to hold The Nickman up. Brew is not available this time.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Bay53 wrote: August 18, 2020, 6:50 pm
Northern Raider wrote: August 18, 2020, 4:48 pm

You would need a third person to hold The Nickman up. Brew is not available this time.
I've got duct tape. Just need to find a pole.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

I don't think this will be as easy as the Broncos, and a bit harder than our early season fixture against them.

Titans have improved in the last month and Holbrook has that very ordinary roster punching above its weight atm. If the Broncos had their fight and character they'd be well in the 8 right now.
Last edited by afgtnk on August 18, 2020, 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

We're not good enough to waltz into any game and expect to win without putting our best foot forward. If we show up with the right attitude and intensity we'll get the job done

If not, we may still win on talent disparity but to asklaska's point, these titans play pretty hard under Holbrook and make you earn it and we risk getting our pants pulled down if we dont earn it.
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Good game to start paps and JB on the bench. Young 13 CHN 11
luffraider
Simon Woolford

Post by luffraider »

Kryptonite wrote:
The Nickman wrote: August 17, 2020, 7:37 pm
luffraider wrote:

Strange old year 2020.
Same here nick!

Really? I paid $50 for 2 tickets in the away supporters bay!
Damn. I got mine yesterday and it was one of the first options, possibly you have better seats?
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Northern Raider wrote: August 18, 2020, 7:08 pm
Are you talking about GH Live or is this Nickman’s bucks that didn’t happen at Magic Round?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Bay53 wrote: August 18, 2020, 8:31 pm
Northern Raider wrote: August 18, 2020, 7:08 pm
Are you talking about GH Live or is this Nickman’s bucks that didn’t happen at Magic Round?
Does it matter? It's relatively normal weekend behaviour for The Nickman.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Raiders666 wrote: August 17, 2020, 7:30 pm Shout out to Joe Tapine...His game last week was all class. He is really playing well
Hasn't he just?

Going well under the radar and not getting the plaudits he deserves. He's a big reason why we've been able to get through all these injuries to our forwards.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Yeah Tarps has stepped up massively in the last 6-8 weeks
He was a guy i was thinking could be a cap casualty should we need to free up space for others last year because he never quite got where i thought he could be but was good enough that other clubs would probably happily take him on.. not anymore. He's been outstanding. This is a core member of our future
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

afgtnk wrote: August 18, 2020, 8:49 pm
Raiders666 wrote: August 17, 2020, 7:30 pm Shout out to Joe Tapine...His game last week was all class. He is really playing well
Hasn't he just?

Going well under the radar and not getting the plaudits he deserves. He's a big reason why we've been able to get through all these injuries to our forwards.
I was sceptical about moving him from the edge, but he has really started getting the consistency we have been waiting for.

He is quickly become one of my favourite players.. love his aggression especially now he is starting to control it.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

Northern Raider wrote: August 18, 2020, 8:59 am

Papalii FTS
Classic ambush game, we cannot take them lightly, if we get over them, then play some footy