All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Traider84
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Ticketing

Post by Traider84 »

Gday all,

Firstly, my apologies for this thread. I’m sure this topic has been covered 1000 times already.

Question, how do we get tickets to a game? I’m hoping to bring a couple of bulldogs fans up for the round 16 game V the dogs and bathe in their tears!

Again, apologies for what’s probably a flogged to death topic.

Cheers
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Ticketing

Post by greeneyed »

At the moment, pretty much only ticketed members for 2020 can get tickets. They go on sale the Monday afternoon prior to a game... and you get one ticket for each membership you originally purchased. The current crowd limit is 1500. If they all don’t sell to members they can go on sale to the general public. The last home match was fully sold to members.

The crowd limit is to be assessed every two weeks by the ACT Chief Health Officer. If the restrictions can be lifted, in the next stage there’s the possibility of a crowd limit of around 6,000... which means tickets being made available to the public would be more likely.

It’s pretty much a game by game proposition at present, with tickets sold in the week of the game.
Traider84
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by Traider84 »

greeneyed wrote: August 8, 2020, 5:22 am At the moment, pretty much only ticketed members for 2020 can get tickets. They go on sale the Monday afternoon prior to a game... and you get one ticket for each membership you originally purchased. The current crowd limit is 1500. If they all don’t sell to members they can go on sale to the general public. The last home match was fully sold to members.
The crowd limit is to be assessed every two weeks by the ACT Chief Health Officer. If the restrictions can be lifted, in the next stage there’s the possibility of a crowd limit of around 6,000... which means tickets being made available to the public would be more likely.

It’s pretty much a game by game proposition at present, with tickets sold in the week of the game.
Thanks for taking the time to explain, much appreciated!
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

It's pretty much the same for all clubs
Tonights game was sold out to panthers members pretty quickly so no green crowd tonight

Roosters had plenty left so some of us were able to buy them

Any of the really small crowds are generally members only
Vaccinated
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

So in short NEEDMEMBERSCODE. :)

Not to the same restrictions here in QLD so I aim on going to Titans game in a couple of weeks.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

Northern Raider wrote: August 8, 2020, 12:31 pm So in short NEEDMEMBERSCODE. :)

Not to the same restrictions here in QLD so I aim on going to Titans game in a couple of weeks.
I would of loved to have come up to the Gold Coast, watch the game and spend some tourist dollars but your premier said she don't want my dollars :cry:
Vaccinated
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

cat wrote: August 8, 2020, 1:33 pm

I would of loved to have come up to the Gold Coast, watch the game and spend some tourist dollars but your premier said she don't want my dollars :cry:
Same cat, I was going up as well.

Feeling very sad that I am not able to go tonight and to the Titans game in a couple of weeks.

I get that in the scheme of everything else going on, not being able to go to games in relatively minor, but it doesn’t make it any less disappointing.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Cat, I am sure you are like me, you are probably one person who understands just how hard this year has been for those of us who love attending games.

It is just not something we have ever experienced before. We even played in a grand final last year and every Raiders fan who wanted to go could get a ticket. I guess I am fortunate to have the financial means to have attended games all over the country and NZ (I do it on the cheap BTW) and never has an issue been getting a ticket.

I type this whilst watching a Louis Theroux documentary that I have seen before on gamblers in Las Vegas. They probably aren’t that different to us. We all have our passions in life and when they are taken away or even in my case reduced this week after having made a few games, it is hard to take, even though I am very grateful that I am healthy and still employed in these times.

Strange times indeed.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Bay53 wrote: August 8, 2020, 1:40 pm
cat wrote: August 8, 2020, 1:33 pm

Same cat, I was going up as well.

Feeling very sad that I am not able to go tonight and to the Titans game in a couple of weeks.

I get that in the scheme of everything else going on, not being able to go to games in relatively minor, but it doesn’t make it any less disappointing.
Well don't even think about trying to sneak in. Nickman is patrolling the border now and nothing gets by him.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

cat wrote:

No, you dollars are fine....send 'em up.
It's you we don't want.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

TR, if you are not going to share your sunshine and beaches then you can bugger off, I will keep my dollars ;)

Bay53, I totally agree. watching the games on TV I have been enjoying them but I do realise how much I love and prefer to be at the game live!
I hate seeing a player go down and the camera following play and you dont know if they are ok or not. Hate not being able to see the bench and watch Ricky get excited, or the joy in the young ones faces as they wait to go on.

But at the end of the day I am happy to still have a job, still be able to support my team and that all my friends and family are well

Once we get back to "normal" we will appreciate normal game days even more!
Vaccinated
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:At the moment, pretty much only ticketed members for 2020 can get tickets. They go on sale the Monday afternoon prior to a game... and you get one ticket for each membership you originally purchased. The current crowd limit is 1500. If they all don’t sell to members they can go on sale to the general public. The last home match was fully sold to members.

Are they sold through ticketek mate? And what time are they generally available on Mondays? Keen to attend my first game since the break.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gergreg wrote: August 9, 2020, 8:58 pm
greeneyed wrote:At the moment, pretty much only ticketed members for 2020 can get tickets. They go on sale the Monday afternoon prior to a game... and you get one ticket for each membership you originally purchased. The current crowd limit is 1500. If they all don’t sell to members they can go on sale to the general public. The last home match was fully sold to members.

Are they sold through ticketek mate? And what time are they generally available on Mondays? Keen to attend my first game since the break.

Yes 2pm Monday. If you are a member you should have an email with advice of what to do.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:
gergreg wrote: August 9, 2020, 8:58 pm

Yes 2pm Monday. If you are a member you should have an email with advice of what to do.
Thanks GE. I only read your stuff, not the club's stuff.

Shoving it in your face since 2017