Favourite Player: Daley

Re: 2020 Rd 12 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by radicalraider »

Hope manly bash Rith for us
LastRaider
John Ferguson

2020 Rd 12 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by LastRaider »

You know you have a good team when you can dish out that **** for 70 minutes and still scrap together a win.

I’ll take it. I still want to see Cotric at centre on a more permanent basis.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

And I remember commentators saying last season, that's what the roosters and storm do, that's why I'm a lot more confident in the team, we can defend, and we play to the game plan, only major errors came from Wighton..
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

I said fire up, not play like hot garbage and then set off the fire alarm in my building. Had to evacuate just after full time
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

LastRaider wrote: August 1, 2020, 7:47 pm You know you have a good team when you can dish out that **** for 70 minutes and still scrap together a win.

Ricky said after last week's game, describing the positions cotric played, he mentioned centre first...
Then wing, then fullback, I thought I'd mention it, if anyone else noticed ?
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I have been a fan of the Captains Challenge since I first saw it trialed in U/20s many years ago. We may have been 'Cummins'ed' again if not for the successful challenge against Lui being accidental off side. I like this rule.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

I love Jack, but the old Jack is starting to appear in his game more often then not these days, he really was rubbish tonight
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Either way you look at it boys and girls...we rock...!!

That will be nice thank you.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Neeeegz wrote:
LastRaider wrote: August 1, 2020, 7:47 pm You know you have a good team when you can dish out that **** for 70 minutes and still scrap together a win.

Ricky said after last week's game, describing the positions cotric played, he mentioned centre first...
Then wing, then fullback, I thought I'd mention it, if anyone else noticed ?
Yeah I noticed it. His ability to break tackles is just wasted on the wing. He showed that tonight
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Kryptonite wrote:I love Jack, but the old Jack is starting to appear in his game more often then not these days, he really was rubbish tonight
Yep he needs to calm his mind. Also needs to focus on playing straight.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

RedRaider wrote: August 1, 2020, 7:52 pm I have been a fan of the Captains Challenge since I first saw it trialed in U/20s many years ago. We may have been 'Cummins'ed' again if not for the successful challenge against Lui being accidental off side. I like this rule.
Cummings had the Cows on footytab..

He had to do something...
GreenGuy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by GreenGuy »

That felt like a game of craps. I've tried to learn the rules of that game but never quite got it. To me you just roll the dice and hope for the best. Luckily we ended the game on top.

Not that it's an excuse but our performances are resembling a lineup that keeps chopping and changing each week.

In times like these last few weeks you need a few experienced heads to stand up and for me it's been Whitehead, Croker, Papa, and tonight Bateman was class.

Also if we didn't have Rapana this year we would be a nothing team - sure he makes a few errors here and there but his energy lights a fire up teammates asses.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Raiders are borderline unwatchable this season. This week it’s another set of fresh excuses for them (away game, humidity, blah blah). Seriously if any of you are watching that and feel like there is anything resembling the execution you’d expect of a professional football team with the football, then good grief you’re beyond help.

Gritty defence etc etc that’s great but if they don’t start showing something with the ball then we are just making up numbers this year
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

Reckon sticky moved Jack to 6 more as a defensive strategy on that weak edge on crokers side.. surely he knows he doesn't have the kicking skills of a half by now..
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

GreenGuy wrote:That felt like a game of craps. I've tried to learn the rules of that game but never quite got it. To me you just roll the dice and hope for the best. Luckily we ended the game on top.

Not that it's an excuse but our performances are resembling a lineup that keeps chopping and changing each week.

In times like these last few weeks you need a few experienced heads to stand up and for me it's been Whitehead, Croker, Papa, and tonight Bateman was class.

Also if we didn't have Rapana this year we would be a nothing team - sure he makes a few errors here and there but his energy lights a fire up teammates asses.
Always bet on 6 and 8
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

sprintman wrote: August 1, 2020, 7:32 pm
Ultima wrote: August 1, 2020, 6:23 pm
Dr Zaius wrote: August 1, 2020, 6:17 pm
Ultima wrote:Williams can't handle the heat and humidity? Would be a shock for the Englishman.
It's 22C!
That's about as warm as the UK gets in the peak of summer, and its no where near as humid as Townsville.
It was 37.8C 2 days ago and it’s very humid in summer. I guess you haven’t been there?
I have but it didn't get above 20 and I'm talking averages not extremes.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

MATCH REPORT: Canberra Raiders get home Scott free over North Queensland Cowboys

"Shhhh!" It was a message for the doubters. Not just of Curtis Scott, but the Canberra Raiders as they scrapped their way to a tough 14-12 victory over the North Queensland Cowboys in Townsville on Saturday.

Scott scored the match winning try and then celebrated by putting his finger to his lips - perhaps to silence the crowd, but more likely the critics.

CANBERRA RAIDERS 14 (George Williams, Curtis Scott tries; Jarrod Croker 3 goals) bt NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS 12 (Reece Robson, Jason Taumalolo tries; Kyle Feldt 2 goals) at Townsville. Referee: Ben Cummins.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

'Lucky' and 'loose' but Stuart applauds courage under fire

Ricky Stuart felt his scrappy Raiders were very fortunate to beat the Cowboys in Townsville on Saturday but he's glad it didn't take a loss to "jolt" the team awake.

"I thought we were very loose in a lot of our footy and we were very lucky to win. I don't think we deserved to win, but we found a way to win at the end and that was the important thing," Stuart said. "From my point of view, I suppose it's nice not to have a loss to jolt you back into gear. It's a hard road trip up here."

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/08/01/luc ... nder-fire/

Raiders edge Cowboys in NRL arm wrestle: https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... -c-1210315

PRESS CONFERENCES: Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart: https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/leag ... nce!781497

North Queensland Cowboys coach Josh Hannay: https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/leag ... nce!781498

MATCH REPORT: Raiders pushed all the way before subduing Cowboys: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/08/01/rai ... g-cowboys/

MATCH REPORT: Raiders win ugly in Townsville: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/08 ... ownsville/

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Raiders V Cowboys: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/08/01/mat ... v-raiders/

PRESS CONFERENCE: Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart: Press Conference: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/08 ... v-cowboys/

TEAM SONG: Raiders V Cowboys: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/08 ... v-cowboys/

Sssh! Returning Scott silences critics as Canberra seal narrow win in Townsville: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... b17d0e3ea3

NRL fans blow up over ‘atrocious’ pitch: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... fb6fb8eafa

‘He’s come back for more’: The ref nightmare Raiders had to re-live: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... d4f455038b
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Rickmando wrote: August 1, 2020, 8:01 pm Raiders are borderline unwatchable this season. This week it’s another set of fresh excuses for them (away game, humidity, blah blah). Seriously if any of you are watching that and feel like there is anything resembling the execution you’d expect of a professional football team with the football, then good grief you’re beyond help.

Gritty defence etc etc that’s great but if they don’t start showing something with the ball then we are just making up numbers this year
Shades of Sticky's 2008 Sharks side that managed to end up equal top of the ladder, despite being the 15th best attacking side. They were hideous to watch and for the best part of this season, so have we.
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

Penrith look great.. we'll be lucky to go close
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

It looked like Cummins wanted to avoid calling six again to stop the inevitable media and fan storm from the grand final.

There were some he should have ‘probably’ called but there were at least two there were so obvious. That clear push on Bateman after he made a half break.

Some of those forward passes they let go were terrible. Touch judge was in line for one that was three meters forward and the successful challenge by Cowboys for the Scott knock on was also a mile forward, it’s why it went to Scott’s hands and not the Cowboys player.
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Thomas Raider »

A win's a win :lol:
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Penrith looking great but they're peaking very early. Roosters have not been that flash and Storm went through a dodgy patch after losing to us

I give us a pass mark, you don't need to be in your best form mid season
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Rickmando wrote: August 1, 2020, 8:01 pm Raiders are borderline unwatchable this season. This week it’s another set of fresh excuses for them (away game, humidity, blah blah). Seriously if any of you are watching that and feel like there is anything resembling the execution you’d expect of a professional football team with the football, then good grief you’re beyond help.

Imagine if they'd lost the last 3 straight..you'd be really digging in.
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

afgtnk wrote: August 1, 2020, 8:10 pm

Shades of Sticky's 2008 Sharks side that managed to end up equal top of the ladder, despite being the 15th best attacking side. They were hideous to watch and for the best part of this season, so have we.
We weren’t great last year either and made the GF.
Would rather win ugly than lose flashy.
I heard Trent Robinson say after we beat them that if you score 4 tries in a game you should never lose. I think that’s fair. Most weeks we are there or thereabouts. Tonight was tough..but we won so I’ll enjoy that
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

5 years ago we would of lost the last 3 games.

I love how we win ugly and in a scrap. Play like **** but still scrape a win. Just shows the character in this club we so long craved for us there.

But geez we will miss Bateman next year.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
In Ricky We Trust
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Reckon the appalling condition of the surface had a lot to do with both teams struggling in attack.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
sprintman
Brett Mullins

Post by sprintman »

Ultima wrote: August 1, 2020, 8:09 pm
Ultima wrote:Williams can't handle the heat and humidity? Would be a shock for the Englishman.
It's 22C!
That's about as warm as the UK gets in the peak of summer, and its no where near as humid as Townsville.
It was 37.8C 2 days ago and it’s very humid in summer. I guess you haven’t been there?
It’s been getting warmer year by year. They’re even having problems with lack of water.
sprintman
Brett Mullins

Post by sprintman »

Ultima wrote: August 1, 2020, 8:09 pm
It's 22C!
It’s been getting warmer year by year. They’re even having problems with lack of water.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

BJ wrote: August 1, 2020, 7:55 pm
Kryptonite wrote:I love Jack, but the old Jack is starting to appear in his game more often then not these days, he really was rubbish tonight
Yep he needs to calm his mind. Also needs to focus on playing straight.
Agreed.

What was stark to me was that we were looking far more cohesive on the right with Williams, Bateman, Scott and Cotric playing their first game together. Compare that to Wighton, Whitehead, Croker and Valemei who looked completely impotent in attack as Wighton dominated the ball.

His kicking game was ords too.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Hopefully we don't see some of that crap again.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

I dont know what your on about?
They followed Ricky’s the game plan to perfection
“Just get out there and Bleed Green for 80 minutes!”
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

We were dudded by the refs too. Forward passes and 6 agains not called. They were so lucky with heaps of 50/50 calls.
amiafish
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Past: Ricky Stuart Present: Xavier Savage

Post by amiafish »

We lose that game 10 out of 10 times without JB back in the side. He provides the "something from nothing" spark that is required when your coach seems unable to conceptualise the possibility of anything other than dummy-half runs and one-out smash ball.

Seriously, Ricky does my head in...a player that was all attacking class, expansive, skillful...and a coach that is as dour as a Scottish drizzle.

As many have noted, Jack was simple today, and I'm not talking about the simplicity of the saint. But, he is titanic in defense and in kick-chase...and that's what's so infuriating about him. He's far too good to ever drop, but far to error prone to take his game to the next level. I guess you just can't outrun the stupids.

A couple of nice interplays on the edge between Georgie and JB...makes me sad to think what they could have done together if JB hadn't screwed up the negotiations. They're potentially our two best players for the rest of this year, and the two men who can lift us out of the attacking doldrums.

Scott was ok (his try was a stiff-arm fend, holding off a poorly timed tackle for 4 or 5 metres...nothing more, nothing less), but still spilled his lollies on two key occasions when the ball was there to be secured. Played with some decent energy, but never looked like breaking the line. Harley would have been better in all likelihood.

Rapana was rocks and diamonds, but by goodness, you've got to love the guy. He is an absolute tryhard...and I mean that in the nicest possible way. If he can just drop a few more kgs and get back a yard or two of pace, he'll be one of the first picked every week.

We have the will, desire and defense to win this comp. We just need our coach to place some faith in the skills of our players. You can complete at 85% plus without resorting solely to smash ball...you just need to execute at a high level. Come on Ricky, give our blokes something to work with!
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Jack was off
The field was wreck
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

As for Curtis Scott sshhssing the critics... if that is indeed what he meant... I daresay he needs to score more than one try, before he gets the right to do stuff like that. In fact, I don't think think it is a good look for any NRLplayer to do be doing stuff like that. Continue to be disappointed with his outlook. Needs to pull up his socks.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

What a load of bull ****. This team can win it, they do enough to win.
Few mistakes tonight, but still got the 2 points